Squareup.comCredit card transaction

I Review updated:

I received a credit card transaction and I'm still unable to receive my funds for a payment I received I have been getting the run around for 2 days from this company no contact phone numbers or anything this is a scam!!!

• Bu
    Bug in the Margarita Sep 24, 2019

someone keeps trying to steal private information from people pretending to have a sqaure account. i am a retired law enforment officer.

• Di

Comments
    Comments

• Wa
    Ware-Ever Dec 13, 2013

Hey, I am a representative for Ware-Ever pay, a new and relatively small mobile credit card processing service, and I would like to reach out to you as somebody who is frustrated with the way Square conducts their business. Unlike Square, we are a direct processor. This allows us to offer industry leading rates (2.49% swiped, 3.39% keyed with no monthly fee, or 2.29% swiped, 2.99% keyed with a $4.50 monthly fee), as well as a guarantee that funds will appear in your account the next business morning following any transaction. Square, on the other hand, aggregates all of their transactions and has them processed by a third party. This not only results in a larger markup, but also increases the likelihood that your money will be held for weeks, even months. On top of this, Square has an abysmal reputation when it comes to customer service. Because they force their millions of customers to direct their concerns and complaints through email, it can be a difficult and painstakingly slow process to deal with them. We know that when it comes to being funded for your transactions, you don't have time to wait around. Accordingly, our customer service queries are carried out over the phone to ensure that issues are addressed in real time, by real people. If thousands of dollars of your money was being withheld from you, would you rather sit around waiting for a big company to respond to your email, or have the ability to address the issue over the phone with a real person? Please feel free to call us at [protected] if you are interested or have any questions.

JamesKim Oct 15, 2013

$10, 000 is unaccounted for and they are not helping much at the moment. I'm considering reporting this case to New York State Attorney General for review and the Dept. of Consumers. I suggest everyone with similar problems to consider similar actions and add pressure to Square.com to be accountable.

ANTARKI Sep 12, 2012

Yes...this is a scam company. They sent me a nice postcard. But after seeing the confidential questions they asked, i checked them out before, and they don't have a reply address, contact...etc..BE AWARE, THIS IS A SCAM...

• Ki
    Kim Carlson May 18, 2011

This company was reccomended to me by my bank. Even though they cannot officially endorse an outside company that they are not affiliated with, they were willing to give me references from other customers who use this service and have had a very positive experience. These customers are also members of the local Chamber of Commerce and reputable businesses.

• Xm
    xmonasdasdasdasd May 03, 2011

i ahve square and love it. but then again i bothered to READ about how it works fully before using it. i signed up and a few days later recieved my reader. then i emailed them asking for more readers. they send me 20 readers FREE a week later.

if you read the first 1000 dollars processed every month is automatically deposited into your account and the rest is held up to a month to prevent scams from making out with alot of money.

so i sent an email asking to get my limit raised. i recieved an email back a few days later telling me my limit is now unlimited. i have processed thousands thru square and have never lost a dime . this is a good company.

i sell electronic cigarettes at the flea market and my customers love it. i have nbever had a problem. so i would have to assume if you do its becouse you never bothered to read the page explaining how it works and are just frustrated becouse it doesnt work the way you had assumed.

• Sq
    Square One Killers Apr 22, 2011

This company is a SCAM...

They will not refund my money!!!

STAY AWAY!!!

• Sq
    Square One Killers Apr 22, 2011

I HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH SQUARE ONE (never received my reader either) AND THEY STOLE MY MONEY... THEN THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE MONEY OR REFUND PAYMENT FOR THE PURCHASE TO MY CUSTOMER.

SCAM SCAM SCAM - STAY FAR AWAY...

THEY ARE ADVERTSING ON MANY SITES. THEY ARE DOING WHAT IS CALLED A PUMP AND DUMP. GET A LOT OF CUSTOMERS, COLLECT ALL THEIR INFORMATION(AND THEIR CLIENT'S INFO) AND THEN CLOSE THE COMPANY, AND LEAVE US OUT OF MILLIONS. (THEY'VE ALREADY TAKEN ME FOR $1, 000s AND NOW I CANNOT REFUND THE MONEY TO MY CUSTOMERS SO MY SMALL LITTLE BAKERY, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS HIP AND COOL FOR USING AN IPAD, NOW MUST CLOSE).

DIE SCAMMERS!!!

• Ke
    Ken E. Apr 02, 2011

I applied for the Square Up processing service for my business and never received the reader. When I reapplied I had to submit all the information again. Still no reader. Third time's a charm? Hell no, in nearly 2 months no reader was ever received despite the fact that they sent a message every time saying that I was approved and it's being sent.

There is NO customer service phone line to actually speak with someone... so now those SCAMMERS have my banking information and nobody seems to know who they really are!
    BEWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!