Resolved Sprintwish me luck because I know I need it!

My family has been part of the slimy Sprint contract web for too many years. I'd get a new service if it weren't for the freakin' contracts that charge a person $150 (per phone) to get out of!

Anytime you make any type of change to your plan, or spend money on one of their lousy phones (because yours broke and isn’t covered by their warranty) they re-set your contract date…virtually making it impossible to get out of their slimy web!

On several occasions, they took it upon themselves to add services to our three phones and then I had to fight like the dickens to get the services removed! I’d call and THINK the issue had been taken care of, only to find out when the next invoice arrived that the issues were NOT resolved!

What- do they think people don't check their invoices and can get away with this THEFT...it really is THEFT!

Word of wisdom to ALL Sprint customers; PLEASE check your statements every single month...they are sneaky thieves!

Aug.

1st, 2006: I called to downsize our plan (my son left for the Marines recently). After TRYING to change the plan (12 minutes into the conversation), I was disconnected. I called again and the connection was made to a representative. She said her name…and once again, I was disconnected! I called again and spoke to the third representative regarding downsizing our family phone plan.
I was assured the plan had been changed correctly and would go into effect Aug. 9th.

Aug. 4th: I called to confirm the plan changes had been made as the information was not yet available online. No- I didn’t trust them that the changes would be made. What a surprise, my suspicions were correct and the changes were not made. I spent 20 minutes speaking to a representative. I was assured the changes were made. I asked for written confirmation regarding the changes and she told me Sprint does not offer any sort of confirmation; not even a reference number.
***I was told this same thing every time I made a plan change over the years.

9th: I visited www.sprint.com and noticed even MORE services were added to my son’s phone (he is not even using the darn phone because he’s away at boot camp!)
Keep in mind too; they said they still have to charge his account $9.99 a month.
Respectable & reputable companies offer special payment relief for those who brave enough to serve our country!!! Get a clue, Sprint!

And wonderful… they completely removed my daughter’s text messaging and vision pack services, which she uses every single day!!!

I called Sprint and once again tried to resolve these big errors. Don’t you know, after 15 minutes into the conversation and trying to get the representative to understand what in the heck to do…I get disconnected!
So, I called back and had to repeat the whole nightmare all over again because they refused to let me speak to the person that disconnected me!

I had the joy (!) of spending more of my SELF-EMPLOYED time trying to resolve my new plan issues. This rep. actually told me that a written confirmation would be sent to me via the Unites States Postal Service. Makes me wonder…did the other reps. say that confirmation service wasn’t offered because they knew they were adding bogus services & fees and didn’t want me to see in writing? Interesting!!!

Aug. 10th: The first thing I did today was check my Sprint account online (granted- I have better things to do…like earn a living!).
Surprise, surprise…
My daughter’s text messaging and vision pack plans were added, however, they increased the price of both services by 50%!!! I was promised a guaranteed price of $7.50 per service, and their fee is posted as $15.00 per service!

Today, I have the frustration of making ANOTHER call to Sprint-
(Corporate Headquarters
2001 Edmund Halley Drive Reston, VA 20191
PH: [protected])
and TRY again to resolve their mess once again…what a joy…NOT!

Wish me luck because I KNOW I need it!!!

Those of you who are fortunate enough to NOT to be a Sprint customer, you’ll wonder why I am still with them. Those of you who are Sprint customers will completely understand their contract web. It would cost my family a total of $450.00 to drop them (our dream!) and go with a reputable, respectable, competent company.

Curious...anybody know of any way to get out of their stupid contracts? Or, any information regarding class action law suits? I’d be thrilled to be a part of that team, if one does exist! (I’ll have to do some “Googling!)

Any advice is extremely appreciated... Sprint has caused me far too much stress and bogus fees...and boiling blood isn't good for a gal's health! Ha!

Thank you for your time to read this. I hope I saved some people from getting caught in a crummy Sprint web!

• Valerie Nov 02, 2006

Signed a contract that stated that the early termination fee would be $150.00. Billed me $300.00, Sprint says that the termination fee is per line. Contract says, 'Your contract end date is 04/11/08. If you cancel your Sprint PCS service before that date, an Early Termination Fee of $150.00 will apply.' That is word for word from my contract. Sprint can not supply a document with my signature that says $150.00 per line. They say I owe the money.

Michael Roosa Jul 05, 2016

Such a disappointment, a good company that you just ran right into the ground! I hope you enjoy your nest egg!

• Ka
    Kamaria King Aug 15, 2018

I have lost my phone and sprint is threatening to put my name on the collections list to pay for the phone service on a phone that I do not have in my possession. I told them to cancel my service and they did not . I even agreed to pay the phone device off but that's not good enough for them

• Lj
    LJayH Aug 15, 2018

Someone got a hold of one of our phone lines and racked up a huge bill. Sprint says it's our fault and won't help fix it. So the scammer gets away and working person is footed the bill. Sprint don't care about its customer that has been with them for 15 years. To big of a company to care about people.

Ana Maldinera Aug 15, 2018

Every time I send an iMessage the messages don't send as iMessage they are sent as a regular text message, and when they are sent like that the person whom I send it to does not receive it. I want this problem to be Fixed as soon as possible because if it is not fixed I will not pay my bill.

• Mf
    mfridayrph Aug 20, 2018

I paid off my iPhone and I requested to have it unlocked. On the day I paid it off I also paid my bill. I was told it would take 24-72 hours for my device to be unlocked. I called Sprint after it had been 5 days and I have been given the run around about everything that I cannot possibly type in 350 characters. Terrible customer service!!!

• St
    SteveUSMC-VET Aug 28, 2018

A person I allowed to use my phone to make calls and check email, asked for my pin # to port my phone number to another carrier with out my permission. Sprint gave them the pin and my number was stolen. I then spent 5 hours on the phone with sprint who then told me I was liable for the fees to end the contract early.

• Tr
    Travis Gaffney/Doreen Sep 01, 2018

I called in to cancel my subscription to Tidel, and they keep asking me if I want to cancel. My phone # is 916-475-4206. Remove any charges to my account and cancel the subscription to Tidel.

Mica Soames Sep 10, 2018

Horrible. Was a 10 year customer. Moved to AUS was told my term fee would be waived, now I find out it hasn't been and i'm in collections. They say too bad, we would have waived the fee if you lived in the states and couldn't use the phone but because you moved to a country that doesn't even support CDMA you have to pay. Rude. Rude. Rude.

• De
    Dennis Letteer Sep 10, 2018

After numerous attempts to solve issue: cannot login to sprint account. I will not be paying my bill until I can login. If I get disconnected that's fine. Been a customer since 1996! I'm assuming sprint doesn't want my $ or my business.

Angry62 Sep 18, 2018

phone bill is high I was talked into adding more lines it turned out to be a nightmare. I need extensions on my bill .Sprint can't give me the date I need .always different date tell me to call back this breaks the arrangement I'm the one that's wrong want to shut off my phone. I am 62 disabled sprint always says they care about their customers ..

• Sh
    Shawndayah Oct 03, 2018

Horrible company been paying for a device I can't even use the story is entirely too long to explain on here but I have reported this matter to the Better Business Bureau. I Wish I could give them a 0 star rating to be honest!!

Chanel Golding Oct 27, 2018

It's been almost a year and they still have not sent me the money for my devices. They have sent them apparently 6 times and still nothing!! I'm getting to the point of getting a lawyer soon for my troubles

• Li
    Linda Kimber Nov 13, 2018

my email is [email protected] name is linda kimber my card is 5594 6 000 0971 5572 5/20 please help... I, m calling my bank on monday my bank is Bethpage federal credit union...money fraudulently taken out of my bank for a phone I do not own...

michaelleejohnson Nov 14, 2018

oct/30/2016 ( return)or (replace) device turned off please change for apple, i pay my bill .

Michael Roosa Nov 19, 2018

on any new phone on the sprint network, you cannot talk and surf the net on the lte network anymore, a service that was available for the last 6 years!

• Re
    Rene Vargas Oct 07, 2019

I was promised a $200 gift cards and I am getting the runaround I should already had it it's been over 12 weeks and if showing it is still pending nobody wants to help me I've been having problems from the very first day I switched over to you I was with Metro I decided to go to y'all all I got is problems every month has not been one month

• Ga
    GabriellaMM Nov 27, 2019

Please look at attached file as it was too much information to put in this word box.
    There are three pages of a word document attached in regards to Sprint.

Angela Whiting Apr 20, 2020

When I first started with Sprint my total bill was $160.00 due to automatic debit it was only $150.00 very affordable. All of a sudden my bill goes to $200.00, then to $230.00 now its at over $300.00 with both phones paid off two active lines. Now because I didnt pay over $300.00 bill now during coronavirus my phone is shut off. Awful company!!!