Spirit Airlinesunauthorized charge to spirit airlines credit card

C

We got a "free" spirit airlines credit card and were then charged a fee which we paid. On 5/12/08, a charge was placed on the card for Club Spirit Promotions for $39.95 which was not apporved by us. In fact, to date, we don't know what this charge is for. We have called Spirit three times and no one knows what it is. We also called the credit card company Barclays and lodged a complaint and said we wanted the charge taken off We followed up with two letters to Spirit and one to the credit card company as well as a complaint lodged with the Federal Trade commission. To date, we have not heard from anyone but the credit card company who said that our late fees were going to stand.
We realize that $39.95 may not be a lot of money to most people but I am not paying for something I did not authorized nor know what it is for.
Thanks for your help. Charles E. Smith

• Wi
    William_P Aug 31, 2009

Same thing happened to me. They had my card # from a couple years back and haven't flown since. I checked flights on their website, didn't purchase anything, and was charged the same 39.95. I'm in the process of contacting my bank to dispute the charge.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices