Spirit Airlines — unauthorized charge to spirit airlines credit card
We got a "free" spirit airlines credit card and were then charged a fee which we paid. On 5/12/08, a charge was placed on the card for Club Spirit Promotions for $39.95 which was not apporved by us. In fact, to date, we don't know what this charge is for. We have called Spirit three times and no one knows what it is. We also called the credit card company Barclays and lodged a complaint and said we wanted the charge taken off We followed up with two letters to Spirit and one to the credit card company as well as a complaint lodged with the Federal Trade commission. To date, we have not heard from anyone but the credit card company who said that our late fees were going to stand.
We realize that $39.95 may not be a lot of money to most people but I am not paying for something I did not authorized nor know what it is for.
Thanks for your help. Charles E. Smith
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized charge on my account
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card
- Spirit Airlines Credit Card - deceptive practices
- Spirit Airlines - Cancelled flight
- Spirit Airlines - missed connection, lost luggage, bad customer service
- Spirit Airlines - damaged luggage and poor service
- Spirit Airlines - Charge on my card.