Spirit AirlinesLuggage

L Apr 02, 2021

I had a departure from Hartsfield airport in Altlanta, On March 31, 2021, the flight was for 8 am going to Newark New Jersey. I had checked in two bags one was a victoria's secret bag the other bag was large black luggage, name on the luggage was Phelps. I arrived in Newark New Jersey at 10 am went to the luggage pick-up area one of the bags was there, the large black luggage was not there. I spoke with one of the spirit workers and let him know about how I am missing a bag he looked up my information and told me that the other bag was never put on the plane at Hartsfield airport in Atlanta. The plane flight number was NK57. both tags were placed on the bags. I asked the worker how will I be able to get my bag now he told me to fill out a lost and found form online which I did he also stated that someone will contact me about the lost item no one ever called or send me to email about my lost luggage. I tried calling the spirit lost and found department on April 1, 2021, and no one ever picks up the phone. I finally reached a supervisor on April 1, 2021, she said that she will push the information through to try and help me found my lost item. As of April 2, 2021, no one had not reached out to me about my luggage, all of my clothes and my granddaughter's clothes and personal items were in the bag. I have requested a refund for all of my clothes and other personal items that were in the luggage.

• Sm
    Smileyeins Apr 07, 2021

I also had my suitcase recently lost by Spirit, I also was NEVER contacted by Spirit. I did continue to call them though until they would answer. Sometimes that took 10-15 times of just calling and calling because they never would return a message. Finally I asked them for the phone number in Orlando (the place I last saw my suitcase). I called there myself. It again took many calls to get a person to answer the phone but it paid off! Once I got ahold of Orlando, I was able to describe my suitcase to the gentleman on the phone (despite having done the same thing MANY times to the central baggage people) and he went to wherever they have the mishandled luggage and found my suitcase - it had all of the tags ripped off of it. He was then able to get my suitcase on the next flight home and I had it later that night after it had been missing for 5 days. I would encourage anyone to be persistent in finding your suitcase because it was quite clear to me that Spirit did not care about finding it.