Speedwaynot authorized

This company speedway (have no clue who they are) has taken money out of my checking account. The amounts they had taken was $144.50 and $129.95. I am a single parent and I do not have the funds to throw away money. I had called them and they wanted a code number. How can I give a code number when I have no clue to this company. I asked them what company is this and why they took money from my checking account. They told me that they can not reimbuse me the money cause it was in the contract. When I told them nothing was authorized for them to do this. They even gave me a cancellation number. I don't know what you can do for me but I am at my last straw with this company. Please help me...Denise

Andyc1110 Mar 10, 2011

I just had the same problem. When you have a Speedway Pay Card you swipe it in front of their card reader to get your speedy points. Then the card reader display asks if you want to pay with the card.
    On February 28, my card stopped asking if I wanted to pay with it. I thought that was odd and so did the store manager who routinely rings me up. Not having time to mess with it I paid cash and went on. Next day, same thing. I figured I would fix it online that weekend, but continued to scan my card for speedy points, but paying cash. The weekend come and I discover the card has been debitting my checking account all along...so every transaction was double billed. Today I informed the manager. She got my phone number and said someone would call. Someone called, spoke to me briefly, then said someone else was going to call.
    Someone did indeed call. Must have a loss prevention title of some sort. Starts drilling me about dates, times, receipts (for a $3 transaction?). He used a report from the same system that was double billing me as evidence that I did not pay cash. It became obvious that he was going to just treat me like some criminal trying to bilk his company out of a precious $3.18. I told him (with some passion) that he could keep my $35, but I would never do business with Speedway again. To be continued? I doubt it. There are a few hundred million people in this country. Speedway could care less about me.