Southwest AirlinesDelayed/canceled flights

C Jul 12, 2021

I am very disappointed at how Southwest handled the delayed and canceled flights. Myself plus 5 others booked our flights to San Diego in December of 2020 and our return flights back to St. Louis in December also, both nonstop. We were to depart STL on 6/17/21, leading up to our departure date our flight was changed x2 as well as our return flight. Which was fine, booking flights that far in advance changes are to be expected. We made it to San Diego nonstop everything was great until it was time for us to return home on 6/26/21. Our flight was scheduled at 8:30a. Our flight was canceled a few minutes before it was to start boarding. The only reason I found out the flight was canceled is because I had forgotten to check my sons stroller. So all flights to STL was canceled due to weather. We were not able to get rebooked until 6/28/21. One of our family members had to be at work the next day. The staff told us they could get us close to home but we would possibly have to drive the rest of the way and no, they were not going to compensate us for this inconvenience. They found the 1 family member a flight back home on 6/26. For the rest of us, we were rebooked for flight on 6/28 again not even being compensated for a hotel. Also the flight we are booked on, made a stop in San Juan, Utah and then Denver. We get to the San Diego airport to find out that our connecting flight to Denver has been canceled. So we have been on a plane for 7 hours and with my 5 year old son crying that he is ready to go home! We land in Denver and attempt to get booked on flight to STL. There are not enough seats to accommodate all 5 of us on one flight. So one person left 6/29/21 that morning, 2 people left 6/29/21 that evening and my flight with my 5 year old was scheduled at 9:30p. My flight was delayed 5 times before the plane departed at 1am! 2 of my family members luggage was lost, 1 bag made it on their plane and the other 2 did not. Not sure how that happened. It would have been great if Southwest was honest and stated we have staffing issues, we are going to do the best we can to get everyone where they are supply to be. But lying and continuously selling flights that they had no staff to cover the shift. I've never had any problems with Southwest until now, I will not be using them for awhile. This was a horrible experience for me and my family not being able to get home when your supposed to and spending extra money on accommodations that were out of my control.

Comment Guidelines