Having problems with Souq.com?

+971 44 370 900 (Customer Service)
Dubai Internet City, Thuraya 2 Tower, Office 1902
Dubai
United Arab Emirates - 73000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Souq.com.

Complaints & Reviews

Souq.comfraudulently used my credit card

This is very serious complain about your (souq.com) company.

I made purchase on 30th july where your website shows the offer of iPhone for aed 999. When i try to purchase the attempt was done successful and the item added in cart and I enter my credit card details and immediately I got MSG from the bank that aed 810 instead of aed 999 has been deducted from my Accoount. (which i don't have any clue why 810 deducted) immediately I called souq.com customer service and very cooly they replied to me that" THERE WAS SYSTEM ERROR, PLS DO WITHDRAWAL OPTION FROM OUR WEBSITE" and I did the same on 30th July and they said it will be credited within 2-3 days but even today it is not credited. I keep on chasing the customer representatives who answering the calls but everyone is giving different different stories. I spoke to team leader 'Mr.Mohamed' on 6th August and he said it will happen on the same day and again I spoke to floor manager 'Mr.Ahmed' on 7th August and he promised me that it will happen tomorrow that is 8th August and he said he is going to follow this case personally but not happened. Again I called on 8th August and now he is giving story of 48hrs it will be credited. Its been 11 days and i have not received my money. i was trying to send emails to souq.com but i'm getting bouncing back email saying there is not such email ID AVAILABLE...also i have been calling customer service representatives but nobody responding me properly. IS THERE ANYONE TO HELP ME?????

• Se
      Sen100 Sep 07, 2013

Thanks for your comment and I will not buy anything from them. In these countries lots of fraud activities and law is not properly in place to tackle these internet thieves. That's the reason to categorize these countries still under developing countries. Please don't waist your time and money with them. I bought a Canon 7D camera from a company is listed in souq. The camera had an issue of focusing in micro adjustment and I notice it very quickly. Luckily I sold it to local who doesnt worry much on that issue. If I search about SOUQ.com I get complaints and fraud activities only. So beware and stay away from those deals. eg: http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/iphone-5-souq-com-answers-fake-deal-charge-2013-05-01-1.504795

• Lo
      logufashion Sep 08, 2013

Hi sen. What you told about souq.com is correct but about the country is wrong.
      I made a complaint in consumer rights and they have taken action immediately. I received my money in next 2 days. So country law is good. Thanks DUBAI EFONOMIC DEVOLPMENT DEPT.

Souq.com / And Dod - UAE - Samsung Galaxy Mobile — shopping with full payment and no delivery

i purchased on line from the website of souq .com more than 5 items then when i found that each item require...

India Souq.com — shopped online and not get shipped

I had ordered two external hard disk in the above website costed around 5000 and my order no 1491, i have...

Souq.comservice

Worst service ever!

I ordered a sony xperia mini pro from souq.com and different product was delivered. Athough I check the product before accepting it. On the box it says sony xperia mini pro so I accepted the item but, when I opened it wasn't mini pro but instead mini xperia e10i. For this instance I had to call their customer and tell them about my complain they told me to submit a complaint and wait for 3 days until the seller will answer the complain so, I did. 3 days had passed but didn't get any response within that time frame so I had to call the customer service again to report about it. I spoke with one customer service and told me that courier will come within 2 to 3 working days so, I waited again but no one came, no one even called me so I had to call the customer service again. I told the customer service to update me regarding my return order and that customer service said that I have to wait for 5 to 7 working days (By that time I started to yell at the customer service representative (Csr) coz I feel like their just making fun of me that they are really not gonna do anything to refund my money and get the product back) she appologized though. So I waited again and still no one came and had to call the csr again and told to him to update me regarding this matter. I was so shocked that he told me that the complaint wasn't addressed yet the reason why no one came to pick up the product (On the back of my mind this is so #) but I have to control my emotions since I was in good mood that day I told him to do something about it. And I will be waiting for it the next day coz I will be having my off day. The next day came and it was already 4 pm in the afternoon but still no one contacts me to pick up the product so I called the csr again (Just imagine how many times I had to call the their csr just to take an action regarding my complaint) so after a few minutes the courier called me and said that one of their staff is coming to pick the item up. All I can say is they are just good in taking people's money and when they got what they want they will just disregard whatever you'll say to them. It was even clearly stated on my complain that I have to give that item that I ordered from them to my uncle who has a scheduled flight on the last week of june but until now the refund is still on process. Just imagine how much delay did they cause me just for one product. I can't recommend this site for e-shopping. This is the very first time that I did e-shopping and it was a failure. Never gonna do e-shopping ever in my life again especially in souq.com

• Re
        Reshmaa Sep 17, 2012

There is no response from the souq.com people side... I send them lots of mail actually i'm in a hurry i'm going to india tomorrow and I dont know why they are not respondinding. Its been 5 days i'm waiting for the item... Now pls cancel my order my order id is 1787580... Its really better to buy items from shop itself... Anyway pls cancel my order

• Ip
        ipad 2 Feb 20, 2014

hai sir i please inform you that i cannot get i pad 2. code no [protected].so can u please enquire about this problam and also solute this problam.i orderer this i pad 2 5 days before;ok thanking you by reyon shijo

• Le
        Lee Cordes Mar 04, 2015

So over the years I've ordered a number of items from Souq.com and whilst they were using Aramex deliveries were never a problem. However, since Souq have employed their own deliver service it's steadily got so bad that I've now been waiting for 3 days and after I queried the delay this morning I suddenly received a call stating that deliver would take at least another day because they don't have enough delivery drivers and when I began to make my complaint the representative muted my call and then hung up.
        Think twice before using! Go out and buy from a store or use a different online company

Souq.comgetting the money not shipping orders

I placed an order # [protected] on 26th May, 2013 and the deducted the payment from my credit card immediately, but the order never shipped. The customer service never responds to email. I opened a complaint ticket with them on 3rd June, reminder on 4th June, escalated the complain to souq.com on 5th June, reminded souq.com on 8th June - Still NOT even one response from Souq.com.

FAKE and money making racket. BEWARE - Don't fall in their trap.

• Pk
          pkp333 Aug 08, 2013

i experienced the very same thing. i ordered hard disk on the 17th july. the deduction of money was at that time.but still i don't get what i'hve ordered. i want to sue this site. if you know how, then help me.

Souq.comfake advertisement

souq.com has been advertising for nearly a month now a WOW deal on the 29th of April for the iphone 5 at 999 aed, and the day of the supposed great deal the web site started crashing, i could manage to add the item to my cart but i couldn't check out, the site was giving error for about 45 minutes, after that it showed that the product was sold out. People started complaining on their facebook page all day nobody managed to get that iphone and they just started deleting the comments.

• Belleville Apr 29, 2013

I had no trouble viewing programs or connecting. The last few days I keep getting a gray circle as in it is still loading. I contacted their "customer service" (a JOKE) and they told me my usage is violating

I agree with you
            Government of Dubai should halt their business to investigate fraud and false advertisement. This is taken seriously in the United States.

Souq.comfalse advertisement to attract customers

Souq.com is a ### website!!! They put wrong advertisement to attract customers!!! and when you go and buy the products its price is different !!
          Here is an example..
          on 22nd April they had this WOW deal on IPHONE5 for SAR 999/-

but on 22nd april when i checked their website there was no offer, and calling the customer service, i was told the the offer has been changed now there is an offer on LCD TV !!! The same thing happened when i wanted to purchase Galaxy GRAND !!!

• Ta
              tazonline Apr 22, 2013

Here is an example..
              on 22nd April they had this WOW deal on IPHONE5 for SAR 999/-

Khalfan Jun 04, 2013

It is really upsetting, we need to issue claim for fraud and false advertisement to protect the consumer.

Souq.comfake deals ads

THis is with regard to fake deals that souq.com promotes and whereas they dont have any such deals going on.They had posted from past 1 month about the blackberry z10 deal and people wasted whole day and night for this and later in the morning they simple post on souq.com website that the deal is finished .They think people are fools .Please stop fake ads.Even after they posted on their website that the deal is finished still after that too we get promotional emails from them about this deal .Isnt this a business of making people fool

• Di
                divasty17 Apr 08, 2013

Why don't the complaints board take some action against these fraudsters. So many people were waiting to purchase the Blackberry Z10 for 999 dhirams. they all have be royally cheated. They Souk.com consider the people as fools. How can this possible happen in this beautiful country. This can happen in some third rated cities not in Dubai. everyone is waiting for the the next two deals and even me too for the Iphone 5 at 999 dhs on the 29 th of April. PLEASE TAKE SOME ACTION and ban this website

• Vi
                Vishalaryan Apr 22, 2013

I totally agree, with your comments, Lets ban this website - souq.com, They are making Fools, I too checked for ipad, but the deal was never there, they are just making people fools, Beware of buying good from souq.com .

• Az
                azis dee Apr 29, 2013

i managed successfully to buy the souq.com deal of the day iphone 5 for 999aed today(29 april 2013 at exactly 9am) but suddenly the website screen of soug.com turns white before i could check out...after five minutes i checked their website and stated, sorry page not found...why oh my...

Khalfan Jun 04, 2013

Lets complain to dubai chamber of commerce

Souq.comvery poor service

This is about harrowing experience I had on purchase of an exercise equipment I recently purchased from a much advertised web based seller in Kuwait, and much of the Arabian Gulf.
              1. Before purchase I asked if I can see the item physically, I was told 'no', but later I found you are supplying it from a local store in Shuwaikh. You could have certainly arranged to show it before hand. 2. I was informed the item will be delivered within three days, it was delivered after seven days 3. The item was delivered without assembly, where as the supplier said they always deliver it in assembled condition 4. When I could not assemble it (because of a bent bolt) and complained to your call center I had to follow it for four days calling several times. Since that did not resolve I had to go to your office in Kuwait City during my working hour. There again I was given a third party number to follow up. 5. After days of follow up when the third party technicians arrived they refused to assemble it on the grounds that since it is not supplied directly by their company they can not assemble it! After much of request and promise of tip they assembled it for me. 6. In spite of all this harrowing experience no one from your side called me once to find has the complaint been resolved!
              THIS IS HEIGHT OF POOR SERVICE

• So
                  SouqSCAMmers Sep 12, 2014

Souq.com refuses to publish negative reviews on new products. They may allow occasional negative reviews on products that have lots of +ve reviews.

I bought a PC table and I got scammed, it has missing parts and it was different from the picture they published. I tried to leave a negative review in a polite language but they refused to publish it. They think it is smart to fool more people into buying bad products.

Souq.comgetting the money and not shipping the orders

I have made three orders with UAE Souq.com in the last 40 days (all with items from Deal of the Day).
                Order 1 was never shipped, they said that they will refund the money but they didn't
                Order 2 was never shipped and I am still trying to get their feedback but couldn't though I filed a complaint but no one cared to respond
                Order 3 is following track as Aramex has tried to collect the item for three consecutive times and the feedback is always "item not ready with seller" though the same item was still posted for sale on their website.

Is Souq.com a Fraud business?? I will be approaching the "Consumer Protection Division" in Dubai's Ministry of Economy.

• Ar
                    armosh555 Mar 09, 2013

Souq.com has no business ethics. They do not entertain or feed back on your complain. I bought a Slim O Sauna steam belt from them. The hose start getting melted the same time after two days the steamer stopped working. I put a number of complain to the vendor he never replied. Then I escalated it to Souq.com, as is the procedure on their site. But they ignored and never take and action. I put a negative product review on their site to guide other customer from being cheated. Souq.com never published it. In another words they are supporting vendor to sell out their junks on their website, while miss guiding the customer by not publishing the negative review of the product. If you we send mail to "contact us" you will get a ticket number every time however no customer care will bother to reply you.

Souq.comitem not received

I bought one Samsung netbook for AED 899 from SOUQ.COM on 11th Dec, 2012 by credit card. I got a call from them next day confirming the purchase and told will be delivered in a week.Now today is 26th dec, 2012 still i did not receive my netbook and now i cant reach the customer Service no and i also cant find the office of SOUQ in Dubai.I dont know what I will do now

Regards,
                  Arun
                  Dubai

• Pe
                      Person10121 Apr 14, 2013

They are located in Dubai Internet City, Thuraya 2 Tower, Office 1902

• Fa
                      farzana sadaf Jul 13, 2014

My item with shipment number [protected] not received and I already made payment to the person who came to deliver and when I try to open in front of him he said no need open it later and if something missing make complain I did not received this item mentioned above, please guide me what to do next to have this item

• Ab
                      Abrar Baigampalli May 17, 2016

I placed an order on souq.com Kuwait on 28th April 2016, the order is

"Marciano by Guess for Men - Eau De Toilette, 100 ml and
                      Cool Water Woman by Davidoff for Women - Eau de Toilette, 100ml "

and order id is [protected]. I wanted to gift it to my brother as he was leaving Kuwait, but these people disappointed. Please help me I did payment also 14.4 KWD through K-net

Comments

Souq.comonline purchase

Riza,

Would you accept my statement "a bad service provider souq.com" your business function has let me down as a customer. I ordered sony experia, order ref 2068710 on the 15th december 2012 and till date i have not received the item. This is for a christmas gift for someone and the delay in getting the items has forced me to shop somewhere else. I regret ordering with souq.com and will never make such mistake again in buying some cheap online store who do not care about their customer.

I have been calling your customer service and the phone is voice driven and keeps driving us mad and in the end there is no soul on the other end. Last week when i got connected someone said that the system is on upgrade and the same excuse is got today after a long try. I spoke to your representative keith, leo, and other lady who did not give her name. You have got a very mysterious service where customer has been taken for a ride. I read so many bad impression about your service in complaintboard.com and therefore writing to you directly. I also sent so many email and also posted in your website but till date there is no one to reply. Further the escalate button in your website is missing, so how do we escalate our complaint? This is tricky!

I have made a complaint with the consumerrights in dubai. Hope they would get back to me. Else i am pursuing legal and will put the matter to media.

If you would care, do email me with the update.

A unsatisfied frustrated customer,

Sudhir kunder

Tracking

Location date activity
                    United arab emirates 12 / 22 / 2012 10:51:00 am shipment update mailed to souq.com - item not ready with seller
                    United arab emirates 12 / 20 / 2012 8:00:00 pm shipment update item not ready with seller
                    United arab emirates 12 / 20 / 2012 8:00:00 am shipment update collection arranged on 20 / 12 / 2012
                    United arab emirates 12 / 19 / 2012 8:00:00 pm shipment update item not ready with seller
                    United arab emirates 12 / 19 / 2012 8:00:00 am shipment update collection arranged on 19 / 12 / 2012
                    United arab emirates 12 / 18 / 2012 8:00:00 pm shipment update item not ready with seller
                    United arab emirates 12 / 18 / 2012 9:56:00 am shipment update collection arranged on 18 / 12 / 2012
                    United arab emirates 12 / 17 / 2012 8:00:00 pm shipment update item not ready with seller
                    United arab emirates 12 / 17 / 2012 8:00:00 am shipment update collection arranged on 17 / 12 / 2012
                    United arab emirates 12 / 16 / 2012 1:43:00 pm data received.
                    United arab emirates 12 / 16 / 2012 1:43:00 pm record created

• Za
                        Zakir Hosen Mar 23, 2013

Its a matter of attention and seriousness of the seller. Any professional seller would not do like this. Before placing any order better to study about the seller a little bit and to read the feedback of the other buyer may help to choose a professional seller. Thanks!

Souqbad service

After being unhappy with the product, I filed a complaint and souq.com sent Aramex to take the dress back from me. After numerous emails, it has been one month now they have not refunded me the money. I called them 3 times and after being on hold for 5 mins, they said that they cannot check as their website is down. This is a lie as I was on their website at that moment. Then they move on to saying that the Aramex website is also down. This is such a convenience, isn't it. So again, I'm made to wait until they sort their act out, or maybe they were just waiting until I forgot about the payment that is due to me, an easy way to cash in.

Souq.com — suspecious purchasing

Dear all, I purchased from kuwait souq.com one samsung note - 2 on 3th oct 2012, immediately 197kd wa...

Souq.comtotally unresponsive for buyers

Souq.com has teamed up with Sellers and of course Aramex to make their Bread and Butter. Inspite of Cheating customers and continues complains from Buyers/Customers same "Sellers" are still on souq.com panel to "Cheat" more and more customers/buyers. Consumer Protection in Dubai [protected] is as good as Dubai Police. All buyers who are cheated by souq.com please complain to this. Also spread "Word by Mouth" to all your friends and other Future buyers on souq.com of their "Team Cheating Business" to stop at once. Totally unresponsive support team of souq.com. They are paid to attend your calls if you want to order and pay, but not for exchange of defective Goods or for any cancellation etc. Very unreliable online seller "Souq.com" Should be blocked in the UAE with immediate effect. Why Gulf News or Khaleej Times are not exposing them, getting feedback from all the buyers especially those who were totally unhappy with souq.com

• Bh
                            Bhartibobbie May 11, 2014

I have bought a SONY EXPERIA Z from Souq.com in the month of April, which developed software problems in about 10 days itself, I subsequently called the call center and the piece was picked up from me on the 26th of April 2014, since then I have been calling them for some information, but the only reply I get is it will take 15 to 30 days for any response. I don't understand why are they taking that long? They are ready to give any kind of information my product and my money is with them, I don't even have any acknowledgement from them. Can any body help which government department can I contact. RECOMEND NOT TO BUY WITH THESE ONLINE PORTALS AS YOU DONT GET TO SEE THE PRODUCT BEFORE YOU BUY AND THERE IS NO PLACE TO GO TO. THEY DONT EVEN LET YOU OPEN THE PRODUCT TILL YOU DONT PAY THEM.

N-tech Jun 19, 2014

relation of sellers and souq.com

souq.com and seller relation

sellers and souq.com

• Dr
                            Dr. Haron May 09, 2016

I spent over 20 thousand AED at Souq.com over the past 12 months and they refused to take back and refund the price of a bad ice maker all to save 600 AED. Will never deal with Souq.com and will use my IT skills to build a website over the summer holidays to discredit them.

• So
                            Sony2 Jul 05, 2016

I've ordered a sony z2 on the 10th april 2016 and received it the following day, with one year warranty, today 4th july, suddenly My sony simply cannot read the sim card like there is no network at all, cannot make call or receive it...its just ridiculous that just after 3 month your mobile gets down and cannot reach the custumers service since they just keep on forwarding your call from operator to another !!!

• Gu
                            Gummy Bear Jul 06, 2016

I ordered Davidoff Cool water 125ml perfume set of two pack=quantity 4 bottle. I'm still awaiting a satisfactory response from Souq.com customer service. I want only genuine Davidoff Cool water 125ml perfume. I have paid 380SAR via credit card payment for the product... I want it as soon as possible but all my complaints r being closed without even contacting me or they aren't providing any solutions...

Comments

Khalil6666 Jul 18, 2016

I sent it on 26 Jun for fixing or replacment, and the confirmed the receipt, no respond up to date although I called every 3 days
                            And I complain 3 times, also I requested to speck with any manager in charge the give promises only without acting

My order No . [protected]

• Ab
                            abdul1234 Jul 19, 2016

I purchased blackberry passport 4 months back and it started problems like no ringtone, switch off automatically etc. and when I contacted Souq they say this product doesn't have warranty.
                            Every new product by default has 1 warranty!
                            They are selling these defective phones and may be thats the reason they doesn't provide warranty!!
                            Very worse experience. Will never buy on souq again and also suggest the same to others!!

Souq.com — cheat

Dear riza, Thanks for your response. After almost 20 days I got the tablet. Most important thing that I...