Musician's Friend Logo

Musician's Friend

Having problems with Musician's Friend?

Musician's Friend reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2007. The latest review Order cancellation for no reason was posted on Mar 20, 2021. The latest complaint Customer service was resolved on May 18, 2019. Musician's Friend has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 29 reviews. Musician's Friend has resolved 13 complaints.

Musician's Friend Customer Service Contacts

1800 449 9128 (Customer Service)
+1 801 501 8110 (International)
+1 866 926 1923 (Private Reserve Guitars)
+1 866 543 0750 (Institutional Sales)
+1 866 226 2919 (Spanish)
P.O. Box 7479
Sun7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Return Address
4005 Norfleet, Kansas City, MO 64161-9231

Musician's Friend Complaints & Reviews

Musician's FriendOrder cancellation for no reason

Twice now I've tried to order something from these guys and both times my order has gotten cancelled without any reason, both times they had already taken payment and everything should have been fine. This will be the last time I deal with them. It's a shame, I spent alot of money through them over the years, now I'll just stick with ams or something.

Musician's FriendImportant product is 9 days late, offered little compensation

I ordered a PA . It is now 9 days late and all they offered me is free shipping. The next day shipping being free is a given. I didn't receive next day shipping. There was no compensation offered for the inconvenience. The representative said they would refund everything if it's lost in shipping... Obviously, that's their responsibility. That doesn't help me at all. This is going to affect me professionally, and they are trying to foist all accountability onto the shipping company. It's obviously their policy, just very disappointing. They didn't even offer a cheap gift card. You'd think they would do something to try and get repeat business. I will not be returning as a customer. I seriously would have been happy with just about anything.

Musician's FriendReturn of boss oc 3 octave pedal

Quit working, was emailed ups label, was returned to kansas city address by august 9th 2020. Had return authorization. I wanted to replace the product with the same. After three weeks no reply, and now only automated answering machine.
      Did not receive call back as requested. Mfw2245721327
      original product order #. Ups label delivery [1z40w33v9097775670]

Return of boss oc 3 octave pedal

Musician's FriendCancelled order

I purchased a $2300 guitar on april 24, 2020. Once I realized after placing the order that there was a wait for the guitar to ship (did not have it in stock) I decided to cancel the guitar and purchase a differetn one. It took me emailing mf twice to get them to cancel, as their customer service phone line never picks up (i've called over 8 times in the last 6 weeks... Never getting through after waiting in some cases 30 minutes. Just the same annoying song playing over and over). The problem is, they cancelled the order successfully, yet they never released the hold on my musician's friend platinum card so I cannot purchase my second choice guitar... At least not from them. I've called, emailed, chatted with mf and no resolution. If you really want customers to purchase your products you really should get your accounting straight. You lost a sale, and a customer.

Musicians FriendCustomer service

I ordered an Ashdown Original amp from MF, when I received it, it had a defective fan. After over an hour on the phone w/customer service, they finally agreed to take the amp back, and as soon as they received the notification that I had returned the amp, they would send a Brand new replacement. This didn't happen. Not only have they NOT shipped the replacement amp, the refuse to return my money, but also refuse to: send the replacement amp as promised, they refuse to refund my $400, and will not return my emails. They have lied to me continually, and as you can plainly see by the myriad complaints, this is how they do business. I am in contact with a lawyer and being advised on how to proceed, but I feel that this company, and history, is not a choice to do any business with.

RESOLVED

The manufacturer sent a new amp, didn't want their reputation destroyed by Musicians Friend. Musicians Friend just lied continually, then ceased any and all communication. Buyer beware!

• Updated by Tim Layne · Oct 06, 2019

Ashdown made good on this terrible deal, they have a very good reputation, and I appreciate them taking care of me. Beware of Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, etc., you'll only be disappointed and lose time and money.

Musician's Friendguitar refund

I placed an order #MFW1623287089 on 3/10/2019, which was cancelled by musiciansfriend on 3/15/2019.

However they deducted $318 from my card, and haven't sent me a refund.

I was told the refund will be processed within a week. Their support has been completely unhelpful. It has been 20 days since cancellation.

Never ordering anything from them again.

Musician's Friend — musicians friend mf1103916612, gig bag, wrong use, wish to return unopened

"Has Wait a minute. Ups wants $60 to ship it back to you. The item only cost $30. Do you expect me to pay...

Musician's Friendbad /late delivery service to schools for a long time!!!

I am a Music Teacher from a small rural Native American poor community in Northern Ca. and have been using Musiciansfriend.com for 24 years. I have experienced poor service and delivery timing on many occasions. When you order something very important for a graduation concert, and the store representative says "don't worry it will definitely be there by the end of the week" and then arrives 11 days past that estimated time, there's a problem. This has happened numerous times. Their excuse is when it is a small package it goes through the U.S.postal service. U.P.S. has no idea when or where it is, and Musiciansfriend stands by their policy and the cutsomer is screwed. That is why i will be doing all future service with Sweatwater, because it's owned by people who understand musicians. Musicians friend is owned by Guitar center...there lies the problem folks.

RESOLVED

• Updated by [email protected] · Jun 20, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I apologize to hear of the negative experience you've had with us. Please forward your complaint with order details to [email protected] and we can further look into this with you. Your feedback is crucial in helping us improve our services for you and our other customers, as always, let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Musician's FriendI have not received my order

My order details:
                My name: Perry Meadrov, United States
                Item: Akai Professional MPK Mini Mk2
                SKU number: J08540 [protected]
                Price at the moment of ordering: 80 dollars
                Date of ordering: September 8th

My issue: I haven't received my order yet and your representatives have no clue what's going on. Who can give me a normal answer and look into this matter? If it's such a big problem to deliver it, then I will be glad to get a refund.

Thanks in advance,
                Peery Meadlov

Musician's FriendThey sent me used instrument

I don't play the guitar but wish to learn, so I was looking for a cheap small guitar to start my lessons. I found one and ordered it.
                  I bought the red one. Unfortunately, they shipped a different guitar, the box was unpacked and it was in the blue color. Obviously, it has been used by someone before me and returned to you after this person didn't like something. And you offered me a used guitar. It's crazy.
                  I spent my money willing to get a new one.
                  I contacted the service, they said I had to ship it back. I did.
                  It's been a month and there's still no money or replacement. What the heck is going on, guys?

Musicians Friend — return order and no refund!!

I pay a guitar from Musicians friend, Cost my 231.15 USD, 866.80 RAS on 5/19/2017 then i return the order...

Musician's FriendOrder issue

I have ordered a guitar from www.musiciansfriend.com and later they contacted me and said that there was something wrong with my card so they cancelled my order. I tried again and the same thing happened. Called customer service and their rep helped me to make an order via phone.
                    Everything seemed fine and was super excited about my purchase. Several days later they contacted me and said that my order was cancelled again! What a joke!! They gave me my money back within a few days.
                    I really wanted the guitar and I have no idea what was the problem. I'm a frequent online shopper and I never had any problems with my card. I'm very disappointed with Musician's Friend.

• Ce
                        Celeste Purser Aug 11, 2016

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with us. I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you email us at: [email protected] with more details? I assure you, we take your feedback seriously.

Musician's Friend — Cancelled my order for no reason

My order was canceled and I never received it. Ordered a drum stand from these guys and received a...

Musicians FriendA false claim of debt!

I've received a sudden letter from Caine & Wiener, a debt-collecting company, stating that I owe Musician's Friend a 201$!, Although I've never bought anything on credit from them, and I've been their customer for years.
                      After asking them to resolve this issue, They still refuse to resolve anything, saying that "there's nothing they can do about it", and asking me to resolve it myself with Caine & Wiener.(who also insist that I've to pay the specified due).
                      Make sure not to deal with them again, even for a single time, or you may find yourself receiving an annoying letter asking you to pay a debt you haven't taken!

Musicians Friend / Gibson Sg Reissue — Poor Customer Service

Well it happened again.I ordered a Gibson SG 61 Reissue from MF. They leave items up on their website as if...

Musicians Frienddid not send me the product neither the money back

I BOUGHT A INSTRUMENT ONLINE. PAYED U$ 2.300, 00 VIA WESTER UNION, I NEVER GOT THE PRODUCT AND THEY DONT SEND MY MONEY BACK. IT HAS BEEN A PROMESS FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS.

ChBaker801 Jun 28, 2012

Marina,

My name is Chris Baker and I am a Supervisor for Customer Service at Musician's Friend. This definitely should not be the case. Will you please email me the details of your order and any reference numbers you may have so that I can track this down? Once I can find your order or account, I should be able to make sure you are taken care of.

Sincerely,
                            Chris Baker
                            Night Supervisor
                            [email protected]om
                            Ph: 800.449.9128
                            Fax: 801.501.9552

Musician's FriendStay away

Through a contractor I work for I purchased nearly $2500.00 worth of professional audio recording equipment from Musician's Friend on Monday (6/14). Their shipping "guarantee" states that items ship in 3-5 days. The order was paid in full at the time of purchase; not financed to ensure this delivery promise have the highest likelihood of being met, as there were scheduled sessions and deadlines that this equipment was being purchased to support.

A day after placing my order, Tuesday (6/15) I received a notice saying that my items had been shipped, except for 2 monitor speakers that were on back order. The notice included UPS tracking information for the 5 items shipped.

On Friday (6/19) I received a box with 4 of the 5 items in it, missing an Mbox pro bundled with the Digidesign Pro Tools software. However, there was a packing list that listed all 5 items as having been in the box.

Sadly, the missing item was the integral part of what was needed for me to complete the assignments and conduct the sessions that would have totaled over $1500 in revenue for me. Needless to say I lost out on both opportunities.

After confirming with UPS that if the item was on their tracking list and on the packing list from Musician's Friend, then I needed to contact Musician's Friend, the shipper to uncover what had happened.

I called Musician's Friend just moments after the delivery arrived (Friday 6/19) and eventually spoke with a manager who told me that if the item was discovered in their warehouse on Saturday, then I could call back Monday and have another one shipped to me.

I then informed him that my investment was being severely devalued by the erroneous shipping service and that a simple late shipment of my order would not suffice due to the huge loss I was taking as a result of Musician's Friend's oversight or UPS' misplacement of the item. The manager Ron and I agreed that some kind of compensation would be necessary to make up for my loss. We agreed that it was not fair that I be held responsible and be made to lose out when I was the one investing the $2500 in the equipment. We agreed that I would be upgraded to an Mbox 2 Pro and that I would call back Monday to make arrangements with it's shipment.

At this point I clearly asked if the exchange or upgrade would be an even swap at no additional cost; Ron's answer was yes.

Well, I call Musician's friend back on Monday (6/21) and much to my chagrin, the customer service representative informs me that nothing had been done on my case - not even the Saturday check of the warehouse that Ron promised. She then informed me that an 8-10 day investigation would ensue before a decision was made at all. I immediately asked to speak to a manager; I was become a little perturbed.

I then spoke with customer service manager David who initially seemed pleasant, but who over time became extremely short and ill tempered towards me. I explained the situation to David and told him about my conversation with Ron. I also indicated that, as a result of missing the deadlines and the opportunity to conduct the recording sessions I was out of a lot of money and facing new time constraints.

He - as his script dictates - indicated that he understood, but that he was powerless to do anything as the situation had already been "handled" by Ron based on the notes he was seeing on my account. I thought that to be ridiculous considering that the Saturday inspection had not occurred and that I had no resolution or planned resolution that Ron promised would be available Monday.

Even worse was the fact that David stated that Ron told me that the upgraded Mbox pro would in fact be available only if I agreed to pay an additional cost. Supposedly it was offered at a "discounted" rate. This was completely opposite the conversation I had with Ron and David continued to ignore the specifics of my situation and read from his script.

In the end David's conclusion was, I could have the original product shipped overnight to me for (6/22) delivery, or wait 8-10 days for the investigation to occur and then pay more money and purchase the upgraded Mbox. Neither of these solutions addressed my loss, or my need for the equipment to meet deadlines, and it was his attitude that turned me off from accepting the former option most.

He seemed annoyed that I was upset at the fact that I was being held responsible for their error and that I wanted compensation as it had cost me money. And this was in spite of the fact that though I remained completely professional and cordial throughout the call, repeatedly offering that I knew he was not personally at fault.

All in all I can understand that they would not want to upgrade my product, but in this case, and for an order over $2000 it was the least that could be done. The customer service manager Ron saw this and agreed to it, but apparently noted it in a way that David could and would ultimately deviate from it.

I don't believe that it was fair for my time, obligations and income to be affected by an error I didn't make. This is only exacerbated by Musician's Friend's personnel apparently being trained to disregard my time obligations, and income relative to doing business with them simply to save a few dollars. I would like them to explain to me how I am to just eat the loss of $1500 on top of spending $2500 because they can't get shipping right.

• Sk
                              Skaught Oct 18, 2011

Hi Damion,
                              My name is Skaught and I work for Musician's Friend. I was able to locate your orders. This was in June of 2010 and our records show that it was resolved to your satisfaction. It looks like you were upgraded to the MBox 2 Pro at no additional price. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences with this order. I would love to hear from you. Especially if you feel we did not make this right. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
                              Skaught

Musician's Friend — Credit Card Fraud

Bottom line: Friends told me not to trust them, but in a moment of desperation I did. Result: Fraudulent...

Musicians FriendBogus company

These creeps charged me a special shipping for this amp and when I returned it - they sent it back to Them' with cheap UPS shipping and beat me out of the $75 they charged me on my refund. Buyers Beware

I feel if they charge you $250 for a product and it's a piece of *** they should refund you the entire amount that you paid. Especially if you run your mouth with "Free Shipping" for items over $100- or "items over $100 ship free"..

It's a bogus line - supplied by a Bogus company.. I learned my leason here.

• Ju
                                jumero Aug 18, 2010

Hi FanK51,

I sent you a private message as well, but just in case... I work for Musician's Friend. If you want to send me the order number directly ([email protected]), I'll see to it personally that you get taken care of on this.

MusiciansFriend.comI never recieved my order

I Have recently purchased 7 items from musiciansfriend.com. After waiting a week, nothing arrived. I emailed support and they said it was a package deal (which it wasn't - each item was seperate) and it had to be shipped together. I emailed them back telling them that all items were seperate, and they shipped the ones they had in stock, claiming it was a computer error. They then said the other items would be shipped in two weeks. Three weeks after, I emailed requesting and update. They said it will be another month. I read their policy and it claimed late shipping will equal in a 20% discount on my next order. Since I had two items that were late, I requested the discount on future orders. They denied. The whole process was nothing but the worst customer service I ever had. Not only did they lie to me about their policies, they treated me terribly. Every time I would get an email saying the items were out of stock, I checked their website, and it showed the items in stock. Their amazon account showed it in stock also. I have read many complaints about musiciansfriend.com during this incident. I believe they are not using proper business techniques and they should be investigated.

• Ju
                                  jumero Aug 11, 2010

Hello Addie,

This complaint was posted two days before yours by jjcale, link below. I have been replied to their blog and have been in contact with them to get his issues resolved. If this is the same complaint, please let me know. I am diligently working to get this issue resolved with jjcale. Please let me know if there is something that I might have missed.

MusiciansFriend.com — I never recieved my order

My current schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MST. I can be reached at [protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,

• Musician's Friend Aug 09, 2010

Hello Dan,

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to contact you concerning your recent order. I have tried calling the phone number we have on file, emailing you and have also replied to the blog you left on the complaints board website. I was hoping that I would be able to discuss a possible credit for all the problems you have had with this order.

If this is something that you might be interested in please feel free to contact me. My direct line again is [protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Musician's Friend Aug 06, 2010

Mr. Polden,

My name is Glenn and I’m a Manager at Musicians Friend. I would like to discuss your recent issues in detail. I’ve sent an email to your account we have on file. I’ve also called and left you a message. As the Manager of Customer Service for Musicians Friend I’m extremely embarrassed by the way your order was handled and offers my deepest apologies. I would like the opportunity to make this right. Please feel free to call me directly at [protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon.