Complaints & Reviews

Delivery man

My father used the app "souq.com", which is basically amazon in Arab areas, to buy some packages in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
What my father thought would happen is that he would get the packages sent to him and receive it from a respectful delivery person. Unfortunately, what happened was a shocking experience.

On the day my father was eagerly waiting for his package, he got a message that said, "Dear Customer, we have called you to deliver your shipment but no response, please call back to arrange your delivery. Thanks Courier - souq.com". Weirdly, my father didn't get any calls. My father then talked to the guy delivering the packages to see why did that message pop in his inbox, then that guy told my father that he called my father on his cellphone and that my father didn't answer, obviously that was a lie. My father ended up getting the packages after a couple of arguments on the phone, the delivery guy cursing, and almost hitting my father. My father ended it with the most respectable way and just sent a complaint to souq.

After a week or so, my father had another package getting shipped to his postbox. Sadly, the same guy, that delivered the last package, delivered this package. And that guy started being unrespectful and rude again. The first sentence he spat was "so, are you done complaining or what?" with a mocking but mad mood. My father didn't reply, took the package, and sent another complaint to souq.

souq, of course, did nothing

An industry like souq.com, which is owned by Amazon.com, must have methods on dealing with this stuff and not just making claims with no evidence. Woefully, that was not the case with souq. Souq failed miserably in dealing with this situation and will lose more users (other than me) if they keep throwing cases of their shoulders.

Late shipment delivery

I have ordered 2 items from souq on March 23 and the expected delivery date was march 28th. I sent an email to know the reason behind the delay. They informed me this due to the government imposed restrictions on mobility due to corona and the shipment will be delivered after 48 hrs. Knowing that the government imposed restrictions on mobility after 7 pm. Today I expected to receive the shipment but unfortunately no one even contact me. Today I sent another email as shown in the attached to know the status but no one respond. I don't why they still advertise on tv if they couldn't deliver the shipment on time

Late shipment delivery

Souq.com

My phone is sim country locked

since you provide fully ulocked phone, but my phone that i bought from you was carrier locked. the phone was bought by my aunt who was lived in saudi now in ethiopia. she come to ethiopia with phone that she bought from souq.com for me. here is the question can i get unlocking code for the following described phone.
my phone was locked by ATT carrier
mobile mode:SM-G935A
imei: [protected]/56
sn:R38H303HHKV

please get me the unlocking code as soon as possible please

I ordered 2 packages of led lights. One is ok and the other is opened and the contents, accessories are not the same.

I ordered through Souq.com 2 packages of LED lights for my kids room. One package appear to be fine. The other package has been opened and placed with different electric wire, different remote, no remote control box and different LED wire. The ordered delivered has been tampered with at the Souq.com packaging center. I waited long time for bad serv

Order [protected]

Dear sir,

Please take a serious action against the seller M/s. Cellcampus who have given me a country lock iPhone 6.

As you can see in the trailing mail of the order number as stated above, that the phone has purchased on 7th January 2019 and after that the phone was working perfectly fine.

Subsequent during the usage of the phone in the month of November 2019 I have noticed the phone was getting heat while using and finally registered with a complaint. The phone has handed over to the seller M/s. Cellcampus by formatting my phone.The seller has took the phone with his custody with a period of around 2 month and I feel he have not did any repair to my phone.

I have took back the phone in the month of January 2020 and further not have been used since I was using an another Samsung phone.

Today I have took the phone and fully charged and while putting the sim it's showing an error message as shown in the screen shot. In order to clarify the reason behind the message / error I have taken the phone to a mobile shop and they advised me that the phone is locked with country lock.

Since I have bought it from Souq I completely trusted with the product shown in the list and accordingly i bought. However the phone was a country locked phone which I believe was not an original phone.

I have bought many products with Souq and not have faced any problem as currently I am facing.

So I request you to either take the phone back and refund my complete money.

Kindly take my phone back as soon as possible with your custody for further verification other than to send to the seller as I not trust them.

Order [protected]

apple iphone 7 black 32 gb 2 gb ram

Hi Team,

I bought an apple iphone 7 from souq.com on 2nd August 2019 after using it for 4 month i faced some technical issues and on further discussion with apple service center got to know that this is an used product for which the warranty has already expired 2 years back.

I was very shocked and hence apple couldn't help me on that. Later when i lodged complain with souq.com they denied my order pickup from India since and it was supposed to have international warranty. This is a very big fraud from souq.com.

kindly take some strict actions and help me in getting my money back.

my order id from souq: [protected]

apple iphone 7 black 32 gb 2 gb ram

complaint

قمت بشراء سماعه من قبل سوق والبائع سوق وتن تاكيد الطلب واتكتبلي ان الطلب جاهز للشحن وان كات في كميه وفجأة ااطلب اتلغي بدون اي سبب انا محتاج الاوردر بتاعي انا مش اول مرة اتعامل معاكوا ولو الاوردر بتاعي مجاش مش هيبقا في مصداقية وانا هقدر اتصرف ساعتها عشان الاوردر متباع من سوق مش اي حد تاني

non delivery of order

I ordered 2 units of shelving unit on 29 sept 2019. It was supposed to be delivered on 04 October 2019. I called for a follow up when the delivery date passed and the order did not arrive and was told that the delay would only be for 24 hours as the company has some unresolved and undeclared issues. A week has passed and I received a e-mail message that the item is now out for delivery. I waited for one day for the item but it did not arrive. I went to the souq website and tracked my order. Behold they declared that I received my order that very same night!!! I called customer service again and asked about this and truthfully told them that I have not received the order, The souq website still lists my order up to this day as out for delivery. I was told by the customer service that they will start an investigation and complaint on my behalf and that I can expect a result within 24 hours. I waited for 5 days and decided to call customer service again. I asked about my order and was immediately told that the item was too heavy (gross weight according to website was 10kg). but it will be delivered this coming week. I then inquired about the complaint supposedly filed on my behalf but was told that nobody filed any complained then when I asked again I was told that there was a complaint filed but there was no answer. It is obvious to me now that this company cannot solve my problem and is misleading and delaying me.

iphone x

I had sent my iPhone X for warranty repair one month ago. Despite follow ups and assurance from the senior management, it has not been returned. It was sent to a wrong address by a courier company and now nobody is talking. Customer service reps have no idea how to solve it.
I was supposed to get the phone back 10 days ago. But there has been no action. I have complained officially. the complaint number is

iphone 7 plus 256gb with ean, [protected] bought via souq not working I want souq to replace by its own

I bought iPhone 7plus 256GB with EAN2724336886791 on 10 june 2019 from souq ksa, but it stopped working suddenly, no fall or damage, giving some software issues,
I contacted souq with complain number Re: [#[protected]], they asked me to contact arab computers..
Arab computers in jeddah, I lives in abha.
And arab computers says take appointment and submit mobile in centre, by hand or courier..
But its difficult for me, to courier without some security
I trust souq, I want them to collect and solve the problem by there own, and replace my mobile.
I bought for 2600 SR. Its not a small amount
I don't have any one to go for me, and can't travel alone.
Kindly help in this regard.
Souq should collect my mobile and replace from arab computers by there own responsibility.
I uploaded the screeshot also..
Waiting for reply.

Souq.com

huawei y6 pro [protected]/[protected])

Dear,

I purchased the Y6 Pro from Souq but now it has the complain of Voice not receive / transmit properly . I refer to Huawei customer center that the Phone set is not belong the Middle East.

Due to that they can't support me and they told this model is not for Middle East

You are kindly advised to support me in order to rectify the same of change

Regards,
M Salahuddin

refund not received scammed

My case with souq for more than 1 month I am unable to withdraw my money from souq.com account nor buy with it a product from the website.

I have contacted phone support didn't help or support me at all and keep me on hold while I hear them laugh with there Co workers.

I have the mail support emails never replied and until today I lost my money.
I can't believe this is a Amazon company.

I hope you can help

Thanks so much.

products not delivered to my location, instead I should pick it up from a far aramex branch

-Tracking / Shipment No.: [protected]
-Order ID: [protected]
-Total Price: 233.57 SAR
-payment done via credit/debit card
-2 items: -WD Blue 250GB 3D NAND SATA - 199 SAR
-9.5mm Universal SATA 2nd HDD/SDD
Caddy - 34.57 SAR

All my previous orders where sent to my address, why is this for self pick-up? I cant pick-up the items. Rabigh is very far and i cant go there. Please send it to the address I have registered in my account. Items are already paid. If they cant be delivered to my address, then I would like to ask for a refund.

service required.

Hi;

I ordered a vacuum cleaner yesterday, only costs mentioned were the cost of item, and the COD of 10dhs. To my surprise around 14dhs added for "shipping", why not be upfront, tell the truth, reveal the reality and that will align with the Amazon brand. Instead you do yourselves a disservice, and the customer experience is negative.

The email 'feedback' address on your system does not work ("try again later or call us"), no phone number evident and therefore very difficult to manage a complaint effectively. Maybe that is the plan? Your competitor noon. com is better at this...

Finally I get a message "recently viewed items" which is completely inaccurate, many of the items have not been reviewed by me - something wrong with the software? Seems random.

Thank you, regards.

apple iphone 6 with facetime - 32gb, 4g lte, gold

Hello Souq.ae

This is Maria Lanuza from dubai UAE, I have brought Apple iPhone 6 with FaceTime - 32GB, 4G LTE, Gold from your souq.ae sites and after some days i found its not orginal APPLE mobile as i was using blindly and i couldn't understand that this is fake mobile as i have trusted your services last from 2011 and now i need to think that i need to go to shops and buy any kind of original things we are really disappointed and get nervous on this please let me know what will be the solution or else i need to compain to the police itself i have all transaction details and all
i am in philippines for vacation and i went to APPLE Customer care and they said its fake mobile but its same look like APPLE brand so please reply on my souq registred email id and my contact number also find below

Ms, Maria Lanuza
+[protected] / [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by Maria Lanuza · Jul 24, 2019

Hello Souq.ae

Order ID: #1084792380653

Ms, Maria Lanuza
    +971 54798 1747 / [email protected]

apple iphone 7 plus case, fashion ultra slim gkk 360 full protection cover case - black

Good afternoon, today at 9:23 I purchased an IPhone 7 protective cover from your respectable site. the order was concluded and the money was deducted from my credit card but the order was not registered on the site and I received an error. I kindly ask you to correct that error as the money was deducted actually from my credit card. the item purchased is (Apple iPhone 7 Plus Case, Fashion ultra Slim Gkk 360 Full Protection Cover Case - Black), the total order was 146 LE, I had 16 LE in my account and I paid 130 LE using my Credit Card. My name is Ayman Botrous, my email is ayman.[protected]@gmail.com, my mob.:(+[protected]. please don't hesitate to ask for any more needed information.
Thanks and accept my regards
Ayman Botrous

quick heal internet security

I, Sanchali Bhowmik had ordered an antivirus software - Quick Heal Internet Security with Order ID: Order ID: [protected] which was delivered on 28th June. But I issued for refund as the product was damaged. While returning it, it was returned properly. The delivery man also had issued for a refund on 2nd of July. It has been 10 days and I have not received any refund on my bank account.
Return ID is: Amazon Return ID: DRShjYPmRRMA
Please look into the matter and let me know at the earliest. A refund of 55 Dhs should be made as it was bought for Dhs 55 but only 0.01 Dhs something like that is shown.

Waiting for your response!

quick heal internet security

Souq.com

samsung 49 inch series 7 4k ultra hd curved smart tv - ua49mu7350rxum ean: [protected]

We bought the below 49 inch Samsung Curved TV as per details below.

Order Number/ID: [protected]
Payment Method: Cash On Delivery (COD)
Items Ordered: 1 (in 1 shipments)
Total: 1, 699.43 AED
United Arab Emirates
Building No.: Prime Tower
Floor No.: 33, Apartment No.: Deeqa General Trading

Phone: +[protected]

However, the TV is not functioning as the screen is NOT displaying any images. Kindly note the screen is not physically damaged.

We took it to Samsung Centre in Nairobi, Kenya and they advised that the screen requires replacement at a cost of $425.

We request for replacement or repair at no additional cost as we fail to understand why a brand new TV screen can fail to display images after only one year of use.

himalayan salt lamp

I chose the delivery on June 20, 2019. Recieved a notification that it will be delivered at 8 pm. On Thursday, the courier called in the afternoon but when told nobody at home until 6 pm he said he will deliver the following day, Friday June 21 because he is working only until 5 pm. 8 pm is out of his working schedule.

Friday came and went and no delivery.

Today, June 22, I called the same number. The courier said he called two days ago and today it's his day off somebody will call and hung up the phone.

The courier is so rude! This is not the way you handle customers. I don't know his name but his number - [protected].

This delivery agents should received a proper training in handling queries of customers.

bose soundtouch 30

I return my bose sountouch last March 21 with the return number...[protected] and the reference repair number [protected] I they given me the acct number of the said bank to deposit the repair fee but fortunately I can not send money for online then again I ask them another acct for me to pay but then no response for my request since im.not Willing to repair my items I told them to return it from.me since it's been 3 months...pls response to my request