Menu

C
Author of the complaint
5:39 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 4.1.2017 in Edgewood NM my mom and I decided to shop at smith's rather than our local walmart - her choice. We entered smith's it was very clean as usual. We proceeded to shop within the hour we had two carts and we were heading to checkout. We were guided to lane 6 as it was empty. My mom was first. Immediately the cashier Kate yelled telling us to keep case-lot products in our cart and just yell out what was in the cart i.e. vegetables, spaghetti, poweraid and to keep water cases under cart. Her bully like demeanor and other anorisims were very clear and she just didn't like my 62 year old mother. My mom went to pay for her cart and Kate rolled her eyes with the smiths bagger young lady. I feel if Kate is in a leadership role than she's setting a bad example for the younger workers to think being caddy and rude is cool/ funny. My mom felt threatened/ nervous she entered her atm pin wrong and Kate rolled her eyes and made a scene. My mom ran with her cart and waited for me by the exit. I checked out Kate was rude to me as well but I brushed it off. When I got to my mom she was crying and could barely stand. I told her to sit at starbucks and I'll get a manager. After 5 minutes we were talking with a very nice manager who said he would assess Kate's behavior. He was really nice to my mom and made her feel better. Before him she was crying and could barely stand and thats not my mom. I've been shopping at this smith's since 2010 but this single worse retail experience in my life will have me never going back and I'll tell this story to every person I know. If you'd like to talk please call [protected]

More Smith's complaints & reviews

Smith's - inspect your receipts every time!
Smith's - renting a carpet cleaner
Smith's - employee complaint