Smart Circle International Logo

Smart Circle International

Having problems with Smart Circle International?

+1 800 775 1975 (Customer Service)
+1 866 569 2420 (DirecTV Inquiries)
4490 Von Karman Ave.

Canada
35 Fulton Way, 2nd Floor, Richmond Hill, ON. L4B 2N4

Complaints & Reviews

Cruise Tickets $99 for 2

I was in my local Sam's Club and they had a wide assortment of travel deals available. The one that...

unusable card

STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT BUYING A SMART CIRCLE CARD!!! I bought a RTJ Golf "Smart Circle Card" at Sam'...

fraud

Beware, I purchased a vegas from Smart circle and was told I could not use it. I tried to get my money back...

Deceptive employment practices

Hello to all. I'm guessing many of you have come upon this after a google search for "Competition...

coupon tickets purchased for $40.oo are all invalid

I purchased a fan appreciaton coupon packet for $39.99. There are 2 two free game coupons, as well as 6...

No Refund for failure to provide service

I recently returned back from deployment and decided to take my
my wife and son to Disney World. Unfortuately I'm up for deployment again soon. I called to cancel my reservation with Smart Circle and it was refused. The supervisor told me that the military isn't special and no refund would be given. I spent $119.00 and the advertisement didn't mention that the reservation was non-refundable.
It breaks my heart to know that other soldiers could be booking with this company.

No Refund for failure to provide service

The Smart Circle
  • Dl
    dlakers Aug 11, 2009

This only shows the advertisment page. During the booking process, did any of those pages show the cancel policy? You may have not seen it.

no refund for failure to provide service

I recently took a volunteer group of 30 people to a go carting track, to thank them for their efforts. Out of my pocket, I was willing to spend $600 for the efforts of the people who put their hearts out to help others. We were told by numerous Smart Circle representatives, and the head of it, Tim Chase, said we would have a blast. When we arrived, we were told that Smart Circle coupons were no longer taken.

No problem, everyone is pretty flexible so we went out to eat. But then when we tried to get a refund (which still hasn't happened) we were told to go through this supervisor, that director etc. and they would not issue a refund for the services they said they would provide.

I advise not using Smart Circle since they lack any type of business ethics, honesty and integrity

• Cu
    Customer Care Supervisor Jul 14, 2009

Hopper2648,

We are sincerelyy sorry to hear about your experience with the go cart promotion that was offered through the local marketing firm affiliate in your area. We've contacted the company in question to have them immediately examine your purchase so that we can clear up this issue. The Smart Circle strongly believes in following a customer satisfaction policy that offers full refunds for our customers and your purchase is no exception.

We would like to start the refund process as soon as possible, but need some additional information from you. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we may begin to gather this information.

Your feedback will definitely be taken into consideration as we continue to look for additional ways to improve our service to consumers across the country and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again soon!

• Mn
    mnm463 Nov 11, 2009

I completely disagree with Hopper2648, I think that was a script they copied and pasted. Tell me, have you received your refund? I bought a smart circle card for a salon in Vegas, it was supposed to be good for 6 months but when I went to the salon within the time frame they told me they were no longer accepting it. I tried to get a refund through smart circle and was told I couldn't. when I threatened to tell the better business bureau the response was "Go for it, I deal with the BBB everyday". WHAT KIND OF COMPANY HAS TO DEAL WITH THE BBB EVERDAY, absolutely ridiculous. Do not trust these sales people and do not purchase their products! Try to find one good story regarding this product, I highly doubt you will.

FALSE ADVERTISING

4/20/09

I purchased a vacation package from The smart Circle and was told I could stay at any Disney Resort of my choice I just had to make sure there was availabilty an to make a rsvp at least 30 days prior. And when I called (they ) smart circle said I did not have a choice of where I was gonna stay and they could not tell me I had to wait for an email or letter with a conformation and It would take up to 7 days and said I had to pay the $15.00 a night tax on the room right then on the phone or I could not get it. I had already paid $49.99 for the package so I went ahead and paid the $45.00 and it's now going on 2 weeks and I have not received any emails or letter in the mail. I have no way of getting ahold of them and when I try to call Smart Circle I can't get anyone on the phone. And also I was told when I called to to book the room that I would have to go to a welcome center first (the day Im due to check in) an they the welcome center will tell me where Im gonna stay for the weekend and then give me the voucher for the hotel they pick which would be a Holiday Inn express or something similar. And it would be atleast 6 miles from Disney and they would make arrangements to take us to the timeshare and do the tour for 90 mins. I am so disappointed at how this company keeps you in the dark on where your gonna stay an how they turn everything around but take your money right away. I do not like the fact that I have to waste my time driving to Orlando pay for gas and have no idea on where Im gonna stay until I go to the Welcome Center at which I have no idea where that is until they email me. Save your money an dont waste your time to much of a hassle. I'm gonna try an get my money back.)
M.Parker

• Xm
    xmiss Feb 18, 2010

I bought that very same package you are talking about and ended up staying at the dirtiest nastiest Ramada Inn (I believe it was called Westgate)... anyway, the 90 minute tour is not 90 minutes but rather 4 hours, where you are taken on Timeshare tour and afterwards insulted and kept "prisoner" for 4-5 hours. I say prisoner because the sales people insist you take a ride with them, instead of using your own vehicle. The free tickets they mention is given in form of cashback, which I believe was only $120 dollars. The hotel charged us a $10 a day fee for processing, the people on the phone charged us $15 a day to take a reservation AND we had to pay for the package.

OVERALL I would not suggest people to purchase this FRAUDULENT advertisement/vacation/package!!!

terrible experience

As you glance through the job opportunities on career builder you'll likely see some enty level marketing and sales rep positions. Being a junior in college with no relevant work experience in the field I wish to pursue (marketing) I thought this 'opportunity' could benefit me. I went in for a first interview that was more of a quick formality that lasted approximately 15 minutes.

I was scheduled for a second interview quickly after where I had to to 'shadow' the assistant manager in a day of field work which I was led to believe was not the majority of what my job entailed. Sure I knew door to door sales was sleazy but I was promised all sorts of financial 'opportunity' so I figured I could do it if the money's right.

I feel so stupid for just accepting a job that didn't offer any concrete figures or direct answers. I took the job and left the place I had been working at for over 4 years making $16 per hour plus some benefits. I was in training for two weeks making $40 per day working 11 hr days and in the short two weeks I noticed an alarming trend that screamed GET OUT. Everyone there in the office (all the sales leaders and even the people in charge) was broke.

They all drove around crappy cars that weren't maintained well, ate at crappy restaurants and were HUNGRY for cash. Pretty much everyone there was pressured into working 60 hr weeks only to bring home $700 at the very most. This works out to a little over $11 per hour before taxes with no benefits, paid time off, health insurance, gas reimbursement, NOTHING. No wonder three of the 'lead people' were living out of one apartment broke and desperate for money. They were all working themselves to the bone day after day while they're being fed this pipe dream of 'owning their own business' so that they keep making smart circle rich.

I was duped into thinking this was some great opportunity when in reality it was just a scam that takes advantage of suckers who fall for deceptive sales tactics like '90% discount' and some 'free rounds of golf' when in reality the discounts are minuscule and nothing is free. Also, sales reps are taught to solicit businesses illegally by walking into office buildings with NO SOLICITING displayed clearly at the entrance. I was even instructed to hide my 'merchandise' when entering these buildings in case of security guards.

People look at you like you're trash and it's by far the most demeaning job I've ever done (and I've washed dishes and worked on a farm). I'll be the first to say that I refuse to do anything illegal for a living especially for crappy, less than minimum wage pay. Coaching people to engage in illegal activity and requiring commissioned sales reps to work from 7:15 am to around 7 pm has to be illegal itself.

The atmosphere was extremely sketchy and cult-like and I got out as quick as I possibly could. I'm not saying that this job isn't for some people because maybe you could succeed at it but... I'm not here to make judgment calls on anyone's character there but I was subject to a lot of deception and indirect answers when I had questions.

Honestly, I wish everyone at this office the best and I hope they get out before they lose all their friends and family from the ridiculous hours and end up penniless because of the ridiculous pay. Mainly, the purpose of this article is to inform any perspective employees of what they are really getting into at this 'dream job' and to get them to do some research on smart circle and its satellite companies before 'drinking the cool-aid' like I did.

Marketing Guru Aug 30, 2010

Thank you for your frankness and sharing your experience with Smart Circle. I was approached by VS Advertising (Colorado Springs) this week regarding an Entry Level Marketing position with the same promises and sales pitch as you described. Now, after reading your comments, I will politely turn down their employment offer and not turn back.

• Ft
    ftworth Oct 17, 2010

I have been working for a company like this for 5 days now. My first day was horrible. I walked around Dallas from 9- 5:30 and made $30. My feet had blisters all over them, I had shin splints, and I was exhausted. The next day, I was feeling like such a horrible person and so upset about the way that people were looking at me and judging me, that I called my leader to express my concerns. She referred me to another leader to talk to them. They told me to just keep going and I would sell. So I did. I got told that I needed to get a real job by various people that I would try to sell to. On my fourth day, I was sent to a bad part of town for the second day in a row. The day before that I had only made two sells, giving me $20 for my eight and a half work day. I was almost mugged by a guy in the parking lot of an abandoned shopping center. I called my store owner and was promised commision for two sales, even though I had not sold anything for that day. I DID NOT recieve that money at the end of the day and went home empty handed.
    If someone is reading this and thinking that I should just get out of this job and stop complaining, I can ensure you that I am actively looking for a new job right now. I have $665 to pay in rent every month and need to be making some money. Times are tough for everyone and those of us who have been weaseled into this job were NEVER told that it would be a door to door sales person position.
    In addition, I would just like to say that this company is not ethical. They lie to people. For example, the girl that I went around with yesterday told people that Planet Beach, which was who we were selling for, had just opened a new location right down the street, but in reality, the closest location was about 20 miles away. We also sold a package to a pregnant woman and I have been loosing sleep about the fact that this woman was assured by my coworker that is was safe to tan while pregant just to make eleven dollars. You don't get a tax form to fill out either. I cannot justify going around to different businesses and lieing to their employees.

• Ka
    KaitlinLara Mar 26, 2012

The big problem with Smart Circle is that they open these small branch offices through new "business owners" when in reality these are just more people feeding the machine. Defined Industries Inc. is one of these so-called "businesses" and runs exactly the same scam, but because it goes by a different name you cannot find any info online showing it for what it really is. Defined Industries Inc. IS a sub-company of Smart Circle and will screw you over the same way. STAY AWAY.

Fraud and cheating

I recently wrote to CareerBuilder.com about these companies: I have fallen victim to working for Dallas Edge...

complaints ~ not fake ~

I am sick of seeing the 1099 field sales people that couldn't hack it in a 100% commissioned position saying that the company is a fraud or that the advertising is fake. To all the 10, 000 field sales people that have gone business to business for Smart Circle...Thank you to the ones that are committed to their jobs and can make it in a stressful outside sales 100% commissioned environment. And to the other 20 that can find nothing better to do than slam this company online...make sure that your next job is not selling door to door/business to business or selling at all. That is obviously not your place in business.

• Su
    sued by promotions Mar 04, 2009

the whole time there they talk talk talk all about creating buissness people. teach you to run your own buissness. bulshit if you do try to start your own they'll sue you. and treaten you. crooked horrible dishonest people. liers scam artists. FAKERS. Sue me you fake ###!

• Te
    Terry45 Jan 04, 2010

It's funny that you defend the "10, 000 salespeople" at Smart Circle but not customer who was mislead into buying products from a " 100% commission salesperson." Thanks for enlighteneng me on this companies practices. Also, if they are in a retail environment they are not allowed to make 100% commission. It's against the law. I'll be contacting the attorney general in Texas to look into this further.

• Ps
    psychobass13 Jan 30, 2010

And what about money missing from our pay checks. And honestly, you've just been brainwashed, or you're a manager who is scared because if people read this, you wont make any money!

• So
    Someone Concerned Aug 15, 2010

The funny part, is that they (the person writing the first one) stated that it is 100% commission. That was incorrect in the first place. I just went into an interview two days ago. It stated 30%. Also, if I find out that this company is making fradulent sales, I will contact an attorney and sue the pants off of this company. I was 'shadowing" a EC (Event Coordinator) yah, right!!! More like sales person, and it showed a bad reflection on me because the people purchasing this product looked at me. I don't lie, steal or cheat and this is deformation of character, so I do have a case. I called the hotel that they were in and told the HR manager how fake this company is. I don't think they will be in business anymore after all of the class-action lawsuits that will take place.

• Ka
    KayFin Nov 06, 2015

I'm sorry, but I'm already starting to see that there is nothing professional or corporate about this company and I've only been with them for 4 weeks. I've already decided that this is my last week. The people that you speak of aren't necessarily afraid of a job that pays %100 commission; they're afraid of not being paid what they are owed and wasting a lot of their time and gas to be brainwashed into thinking that they are going to handed this golden ticket if they work hard enough. I personally don't think anyone with a vagina is ever going to be promoted to owner and this is based on me seeing females in the company that are working just as hard and putting up as many numbers as the men and they are stuck at account manager and assistant manager status. I, personally, am still stuck in "training" mode because they claim that they haven't yet been able to obtain my rep ID number which would allow me to start getting paid off the people that I sign up for a free phone and are approved and sent a phone. I'm putting more and more wear and tear on my car with all this driving and honestly, almost from day one I smelled a pyramid scheme. I didn't show up for work yesterday and never called with an explanation and my manager (who says he's an "owner") was blowing up my phone all day. Now do you think he was concerned about my well-being or concerned about the cash cow that he's managed to cultivate in just a few short weeks to make money for him while he stands behind a stand doing nothing? As long as I don't have a rep ID number they get to pay me $8/hour to make someone else money. As long as I get at least 27 sign-ups in a week I've already covered my salary and anything else after that goes straight into my manager's pocket. Trust me when I tell you, when you're giving away a free phone getting 27 sign-ups isn't a hard feat to accomplish. I've read too many complaints and have already seen plenty of things myself which are questionable about this company and the people working for it. I go bye-bye now...

Refused Services

I purchased two Smart Circle Cards from Heavenly Nail Spa in St.Augustine Fl. for Christmas gifts. When I called to receive the item detailed in the package they refused to execute these services. They stated that they have a lawsuit with Smart Circle( because they refused to pay them)and will not be accepting anymore smart circle cards! You can understand my frustrations. So I contacted smart circles customer service and they stated they don't know why Heavenly Nail Spa wouldn't accept my card but I could return them as long as it's been within sixty days and it would take 6-8 weeks to receive my money back. Well I purchased before Christmas and it's been past 60 Day's because I've been trying to deal with customer service. So I e-mailed them asking if there was a different procedure if the services where refused and also my frustrations about my $100 being in transit for so long. There respond was I can go online and pick out a different service. I stated I just want my money back because I am afraid they would refuse services elsewhere. Then I received this E-mail and of coarse I did not purchase them online or over the phone!!

Dear Valued Customer,

& nbsp; Thank you for your most recent email. I do apologize for all the inconvenience that you have experienced as well as my late reply to your email. We have been experiencing a high volume of calls, messages and emails. Unfortunately I do apologize for the long procedure but it is a standard time wait for a refund. If you did not order your certificate on line or over the phone directly through SmartCircle, we DO NOT credit back on your credit card. We are not the company that directly charged you, the representatives do work for direct marketing companies.

We do have a procedure when it comes to receiving your money back. You may receive a full refund providing that your package has not been used and is within 60 days from the date or purchase or 60 days before the expiry date if the company is not wishing to honor the package.

If there isn't anything in your area, we may give you a credit voucher that can be used at a later date for another promotion. The credit voucher does not expire and will only be removed once you call to redeem it.

I will kindly ask that you contact our customer service department [protected] so we may further assist you.

Thank you and have a great day!!

Scam, Marketing

Job applicants be forewarned(UPDATE: San Antonio Police have been made aware): A 'marketing'...

website not working card not working

I purchased a card for close to earlier this year for a card that entitled me to discounted meals at the Enterouge restaurant in Schaumburg, Illinois. I believe I was entitled to 8 different discounts and have only used 2 of the and now there is no website to let me know what I still have avaialble. When I called the 800 number on the card they claim they never had a website get in the cirlcle. - Yet I have a credit Crd type card with a membership number on it that I have in fact used before as well as visited their website, which is printed on the back of my card.

Membership number [protected] Jennifer Reiger for the Enterouge restaurant in Schaumburg. my number is [protected]. - would appreciate an explanation!

scam and cheating

I am not a pissed off employee, I actually like the company and the people I work with. However, you need to...

False advertising/rude customer service reps

I am writing regarding the very rude customer service representatives that you have in your office. I have had the worst experience with your company from the beginning until now. I had one rude customer service representative after the other. My first bad encounter was with your customer service representative Stacy. This is who I spoke to when I was trying to get my money back for the certificate I was given as a gift. I then had to ask for a manager because Stacy was unable to give me the type of service that I deserve.

I called THE SMART CIRCLE's customer service line [protected] with the hopes of finding out when I would receive my refund on the gift certificate that was misrepresented and sold to someone, and then given to me as a birthday gift. I spoke with Lindsay (the manager) who let me know about how to go about getting my refund. The customer service representative Gabrielle was talking over me and not listening very well at all and then she hung up the phone on me before I was able to get an answer as to when I would be receiving a refund. After the very rude Gabrielle hung up the phone I called back and spoke with Lindsay again who was very rude and also hung up the phone one me. If a customer is calling in, it is obvious that they need help but if the help that you have is rude and abrupt, the customer will not want to do business with you as well as will spread the word about their bad experience. It is very difficult to recover from a bad reputation. I am willing to call every company as well as forward this email to the companies that you currently do business with to let them know of my poor experience.

I am also prepared to report the smart circle to the Better Business Bureau as well as get this information onto the internet so that when someone searches the smart circle they will see my complaint.

• Lg
    LG Oct 31, 2008

I called THE SMART CIRCLE's customer service line (800) 775-1975 with the hopes of finding out when I would receive my refund on the gift certificate that was misrepresented and sold to someone, and then given to me as a birthday gift. I spoke with Lindsay (the manager) who let me know about how to go about getting my refund. The customer service representative Gabrielle was talking over me and not listening very well at all and then she hung up the phone on me before I was able to get an answer as to when I would be receiving a refund. After the very rude Gabrielle hung up the phone I called back and spoke with Lindsay again who was very rude and also hung up the phone one me. If a customer is calling in, it is obvious that they need help but if the help that you have is rude and abrupt, the customer will not want to do business with you as well as will spread the word about their bad experience. It is very difficult to recover from a bad reputation. I am willing to call every company as well as forward this email to the companies that you currently do business with to let them know of my poor experience.

• Mi
    Michelle Apr 20, 2009

4/20/09

M.Parker

• Ns
    nswilliams Jul 14, 2009

I contacted the CS department to see about what i need to do for a refund. The first time I tried to use the coupon the salon wouldn't take it. then my coupon burnt in my house fire. They said they could not do anything, not even with a copy of my check. This is bad customer service, but they certainly tried to sell me another coupon. I asked her why I would buy another coupon if the salon didint even take the first one, she stated that is all i can do for you and hung up.

• Al
    Al-Kar Oct 02, 2009

I too bought several packages...when I went home excited, I got on the internet to see just how much I was going to save...boy, was I shocked...Not only can you get a better deal going direct to a company...you can get even better deals booking on the pricelines, expedia and etc. I work for a fortune 500 company so I figured that they would not bring in an unreputable company as an "Employee Appreciation" program for it's well deserving employees...again, I was wrong!

There were many hidden fees, Complimentary nights can cost you well over $100.00 with undisclosed charges.

When I called to request a refund, your about to read the same thing as above...the first call, I stated I wanted a refund as stated on the packet, "100% guaranteed within 30 days, no questions asked". The CS told me it would take 6 weeks or more to process my request and then they would issue me a check...I explained to her that was unacceptable...She hung up on me. I called back and went through the process again, this time I did get confirmation numbers for each packet...after spending all of my time going through the questions for each individual packet, I was informed that it would take at less 6 weeks to process my request after I had returned all of the packets, along with a written detailed statement of why I was returning the goods. What happened to "No questions Asked" as stated on their 100% Satisfaction Guaranttee? Upon hearing this I requested to speak with a supervisor...I was put on hold for an extended amount of time, my minutes on my cellphone are ticking away and then the phone hung up on me, imagine that!

I have no choice but to go to my bank and request a "stop payment" thank god for credit cards and dispute arbitration!

I wonder what the Attorney General in Atlanta would think of this???? Hmmm, maybe it's time for an investigation!

• Ca
    Candy F. Rodarte Mar 17, 2010

Wow; after reading all the complaints, I feel I am not alone. I have been calling and leaving messages for someone to call me regarding a so called travel package that I was supposed to have received.
    To this day, I have not heard from anyone. I send an email with my complaint all they sent me was a ticket number to hold on to.
    Maybe they are waiting for it to expire, then they will call me and say (sorry but your coupon is expired).
    I would like to know if anyone of you ladies have a direct phone number or contact number so that I may apply for my refund.
    I wanted to take my 85 year old mom on a mini cruise and sorry to say it never happened thanks to their bad representation. Please help!

• Nb
    nboyle7 Apr 06, 2010

I also have had the same experience, not only am I disgusted w Smartcircle but also w the holiday inn that I thought I was buying this discount card for. They took no respnsibility for this saying that it is a third party thing, funny though because holiday inn is the only name I see on it. Bunch of CraP !!!

rip off

Do not buy advertisements from smart circle brochures! They are a rip-off! They came in to our salon and spa and offered a great deal to us, they said that they would do our advertising for a small fee and sell it for us. They offered to put our packages together and get back to us on how we thought it would look. They made us sign a contract and said they would get back to us. The guy who sold it to us left us a number if we needed to get a hold of him for any reason. It ended up being a fax machine!

That next week we got so many calls to come in, and we hadn't even seen what they would be selling for us. We had people coming in that said they paid only $40 dollars to get 4 services which included a spa facial and wax, a spa manicure or spa pedicure, massage and hair. That is over a $200 dollar value that we as independent contractors are doing for free! We are trying to make money because we have rent to pay and we are doing these services for free!

We have not seen any money from smart circle, and we cannot get a hold of them to cancel this. They are making money off of our name, and when we cannot accommodate 200 calls in a week we don't know what to do!

Do not fall for this scam, do not do business with smart circle! Be very very aware, I have looked them up on the internet and they go by different names too. Beware!!!

jan Oct 13, 2008

I have a spa and have been doing this promotion for years. You need to work on upgrading those clients. I have done many many many FREE services but now I have many many many loyal clients from it. The key is to keep a positive attitude, upgrade them when possible, sell them product and keep a smile on your face. If they love the service they will return as full paying clients.

The promo works just keep your inventory and staffing up ...and later you will see the rewards!

• Ri
    richard moore Oct 31, 2008

I wouldnt actually call the program a scam but as far as the smart circle more so than not. I have been doing this for 14 years and have done well with it. Last year for fun I decided to get accounts for them to see what they are about. They lie to thier staff and clients. I am owed in excess of 9k for my services. I have had clients I got for them call me because they went out promoting again after they had finished the program. People they promised money did not receive thier checks. They have offices go by different names so they are not looked at as bieng held responsible. By the way did I mention even they changed thier name 3 times over the years. Call me 312.502.0424 and I will tell you anything positive or negative about the program and anyone in the business including myself. Richard

New Customer--AWEFUL Experience

Hi. This is my first experience with your company. I purchased a vacation from an acquaintance of mine for a...

Fake advertising!

Well, the title speaks for itself. I actually went through the same thing with JT, and unbeknownst to me...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices