SM San Mateo - Supermarketrude supervisor / poor customer service

N

Very poor customer service, especially at the supermarket and their supervisor michael malubag!
We went to grocery shopping last night for my mom's food supplies and I included our food too. Since she was diagnosed with cancer last year, I took care of handling her food and medicine supplies and she always gives me her "senior citizen id" for the privilege of 5% discount for grocery items. I've been using it at sm city center in pasig city as we live nearby with no issues at all! (With our without an authorization letter or booklet) and in some sm supermarkets, hypermarkets, savemore, etc. If there's any, I still able to use her discount. Last night since we were in the area of marikina and sm san mateo is the closest one that I thought might have organic produce but to my disappointment they don't have any. Still I went ahead and bought all her fruits, veggies and fish. So then we lined up at the senior citizen lane, and when it's our turn, the cashier - roschelle manuel asked for my mom's booklet, I told her that I don't have it with me but I have her id and authorization letter, the cashier then told me that she can't give the discount and will just do a regular transaction, I tried to insist to still accept it but she still refused, the supervisor who's also in the counter told me "kailangan talaga yung booklet kc pumipirma kame dun at para makita yung huling transaction" then I told him that i've been using this in some sm supermarkets, especially in sm city center but they never asked for the booklet, then the supervisor answered in a sarcastic way - "kung gusto nyo dun na lang kayo bumili kc machacharge ang cashier jan, gusto nyo ba syang ma-charge". My partner, asked him if we can ask my mom to take a pic of the records on her booklet and just showed it to him?! He said, "kailangan pa din pumirma ng cashier dun". I explained to him that sm cashiers, supervisors or whoever have been very inconsistent when it comes to senior transactions, coz even with my mom's experience she seldom been asked for her booklet. Then the supervisor left, so I continued to talk to the cashier and asked for the supervisor's name. When the supervisor passed by the counter, I asked him if I can take a picture of his id for my complaint, then he refused and said, "ibibigay ko na lang yung pangalan ko hindi nyo kailangan picturan yung id ko" so ok. While he's writing his name, I still tried to take a pic of him and he caught me doing it and said "di ba sabi ko hindi nyo ako pwde picturan, bakit ginawa nyo pa din?!" (He stopped writing his name) I told him that I am including it on my complaint, then he said "kung gusto nyo mag complain dun kayo sa munisipyo dahil batas nila yan", then I told him "rules nyo ng sm and sinasabi ko, lahat kayo inconsistent sa ganito at hindi ako after lang sa discount kc privilege ng mama ko ito! And lahat ng yan, pagkain nya! Dala ko id and authorization letter hindi nyo ba kayang iconsider yun dahil malayo ako at kailangan na nya yang mga yan pauwi ng cavite?! He just looked at me and left! (Bastos talaga!). I asked for their manager, the bagger said she's off duty so michael is the only in charge that time. How can michael be in customer service if ganito sya kabastos makipagusap sa customer, wala na nga syang nabigay na consideration, at sobrang wala kameng natanggap na customer service sa kanya! Again, I am not into the small discount my mom could get on her food but that small amount of 5% is her privilege and yun ang pinopoint ko dito. Senior citizens are not getting the right privileges they could get in this country pinagdadamot pa ng dahil lang sa hindi nadala yung booklet?! And come to think of it.. Pano ma-charge and cashier eh wala naman clang copy ng booklet na may signature nila, so anong proof na nag transact cla without the booklet? Where in every transaction they are only entering the senior id number sa pos and sa slip where seniors are signing. We were very disappointed with sm staff inconsistency! My mom was very dismayed of what happened, but she then assured me that she will give me her booklet next time. I hope this review will reach the head of supermarket as I am also sending this to the highest executive for them to know how they trained their people to provide good customer service.