Silv CommunicationsFraudulent Charges

I called AT&T on an entirely different matter and they told me that my long distance carrier had been switched to another carrier. I asked them to switch it back for me and to put a block on my account so that this would not happen in the future, they complied. The following month I get a bill attached to my AT&T bill from SILV Communications. It seems that they pre-bill for their services and so even though I had only been switched for 5 days they charged me for a full month. When I called a month later to ask for a refund for the other days that I had not been on their service they told me that since I had only cancelled the service with AT&T and not called them directly it wasn't actually cancelled and I was billed for another month. So the total was now $380.

I started to get frustrated and asked who from my company actually authorized the switch to their service. They said that they would play back the recording for me. They played it back and there was a woman who said that her name was Sarah Mulligan and that she worked for my company and that she was authorized to make changes to the account. WE HAVE NEVER EMPLOYEED A PERSON BY THAT NAME! We are a very small company of 5 people and I am the owner and president and the only female that was working for the company at the time the switch occured. I was completely appauled to here someone say that they worked for me and that they were authorized to make changes to my account. When I told the rep at Silv that no one with that name has ever worked for us she said that she would discuss the matter with her supervisor. She came back in less than a minute and told me that she was now able to refund the total amount that had been charged for the two months but it might take two billing cycles to see the refund. I am currently waiting for the refund.

RESOLVED

• Ad
    AdvancedPersonal Sep 28, 2010

I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company. I spoke with our local AG and she suggested it. Interested??

• He
    hellobuddy Nov 15, 2010

how stupid are u that u waited a month later...what an idiot