Shopriteterrible management

F

Shop Rite is a terrible place to work. Managers and workers abuse their seniority and get away with everything, while they treat others like absolute garbage. Whats even worse is that upper management doesnt even listen to your opinion, and neither does the union. Its really sad. Isn't the union supposed to help? If they dont help, then why do they even exist? They only listen to upper management, and not the employees. The union also takes out a ton of money from your paycheck.
Its sad to see people that have been working there for years are so miserable, and fear leaving because they might lose their benefits, so they have to deal with being mistreated and taken advantage of. It is unfair, they are hard working and good hearted people (unlike the management).
I came to this board to let people know about my honest opinion, since no one at Shop Rite bothered to listen to my opinion. It is not my intention to make them look bad for my own amusement. I have tried many times to complain to upper management, but to no avail. I am glad I quit.
When I quit, I left a well written (and non insulting) letter instead of putting in my 2 weeks (I couldnt stand staying there any longer..unfortunately). When management read it, they laughed. I guess was just "easily replaceable".
Not to mention that SAKER owned Shop Rites get hit pretty hard. Whenever Mr. Saker came in for a visit, we were told not to say hi or wave to him. He looks down upon employees as peasants. How terrible. Shouldnt a store owner be more pleasant towards his employees?
Many companies are falling into this habit. But they will have employees that will not only provide poor service due to mistreatment and being taken advantage of, but they will keep quitting.

say it as it is Jul 06, 2015

Blah blah blah, you people do your jobs and you won't have issues with management if you did your job properly. The union is probably siding with those that have to pick up the pace for your slacking off. Same goes with all you bashing the company. Grow up, if you are old enough to work act it.

• Ex
    ExCoworker Jul 06, 2015

I am also an ex coworker of the East Brunswick Shop Rite and it is a truly terrible place to work. I feel sorry for anyone currently working there.

• Ir
    Irate Grandmother Feb 12, 2014

The Shop Rite of East Brunswick should be sued for allowing their managers to physically and mentally abuse their employees. The employees get threats of being fired and the union does absolutely nothing to help the employees being harassed. It's always the same managers. People just quit because it's a waste of time to complain about it since no one cares but I do Shop Rite and if anything happens to my daughter or grandchildren because the miserable manager feels that my daughter has to be in work whether it's a state emergency or not knowing that she would have to drive in this coming storm with children in the car because school will be closed and now they have to be dropped off at the babysitters. All I can say is god bless shop rite for I will sell everything I own to get the best lawyer I can get and sue Shop Rite for all that it's worth and the managers involved for looking the other way and allowing a hostile environment to continue in a work place!!

• Iz
    Izzieie Jan 28, 2014

All companies take money out of paychecks, it's called taxes. It's quite sad that you did not know that.

• Fe
    Femanon Jan 27, 2014

If anyones interested, I could also tell you some of the nasty things that some department managers have said to me.

• Gi
    Gizmole Oct 12, 2011

I bought a tiramisu cake this morning, after my family ate it we realized it was spoiled. It had spots of fungus. when we verified the expiration date, we realized that it was expired 5 days ago. three persons ate it, 2 of then are complaining of stomach pains.

• Tr
    Travis Dec 20, 2010

The management has to learn to keep annoying customers in late model cars out of their lot.

• Be
    BeyondCompareAnywhere Nov 08, 2010

Two stupid people in parking lot harassed me as I walked to my car. Avoid this store after 10 PM.