Shell Vacations Club Logo

Shell Vacations Club

Having problems with Shell Vacations Club?

+1 877 743 5510 (Owner Services)
+1 305 925 3034 (International)
+1 877 782 5702 (Loyalty Program Members)
+1 877 743 5511 (Discovery Members)
+1 855 713 8170 (Shell Vacations Club Collections)
+1 602 305 5500 (The Legacy Golf Resort)
+1 480 948 6100 (Orange Tree Golf Resort)
+1 520 670 0500 (Starr Pass Golf Suites)
+1 415 441 7100 (The Donatello)
+1 714 783 0990 (Garden Walk Sales Center)
+1 415 863 8400 (Inn At The Opera)
+1 714 535 8255 (Peacock Suites)
+1 415 771 0200 (The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf)
+1 707 251 1900 (Vino Bello Resort)
+1 808 826 6219 (The Cliffs Club)
+1 808 324 1550 (Holua Resort At Mauna Loa Village)
+1 808 822 3441 (Kauai Coast Resort)
+1 808 324 1721 (Kona Coast Resort)
+1 808 742 9581 (Lawai Beach Resort)
+1 808 883 0600 (Paniolo Greens)
+1 808 955 7644 (Waikiki Marina Resort)
+1 808 322 8290 (Shell Vacations Hospitality)
+1 603 588 2000 (Crotched Mountain Resort)
+1 702 739 7000 (Desert Rose Resort)
+1 828 743 7667 (Foxhunt at Sapphire Valley)
+1 877 754 6846 (Whispering Woods Resort)
+1 920 868 9950 (Little Sweden)
+1 705 835 5858 (Carriage Hills Resort, Canada)
+1 705 835 5919 (Carriage Ridge Resort, Canada)
+1 604 932 4511 (Mountainside Lodge, Canada)
+52 322 226 2700 (Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, Mexico)
+52 322 226 2757 (Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa, Mexico)
6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando

Mountainside Lodge
4417 Sundial Place, Whistler, B.C. Canada V0N 1B4

Mexico

Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort
Jose Clemente Orozco № 131, Hotel Zone, Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, México

Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa
Diego Rivera 120, Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48330 Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

Exchange time share

We bought 1 week in Feb. of 07 ONLY with the stipulation that they would exchange our 2 weeks in Mazatlan for the one week at Shell. The exchange was never completed - we paid $20, 000 for our one week but they continued to charge us maintenance from Mazatlan. It is now two years and they want us to pay up another year of maintenance fees to finish the exchange. We already paid for all of /07 and they exchange one week. Now they want all of '08 to exchange the other week. We could have used Mazatlan for two years if we knew they hadn't completed the exchange. We also have paid all MF's for Shell for 2 years. This outfit is as crooked as they come. If I could get my $20K back I would resign it. They stink!!!

• Ne
    NEVER BUY SHELL VACATION Jun 25, 2009

DON'T BUY SHELL VACATION TIME SHARES NOR DEEDS. YOU WILL GET SUCKED IN AND END UP PAYING WAY TOOOOOOOO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT THEY OFFER.

• Mi
    MikeF California Aug 02, 2012

Shell Vacations Did Not Deposit my 2011 or 2012 Exchange weeks with Interval International As Instructed. Now I am screwed for my 2011 week the excuse is no more 2011 week left to deposit. It's all gone down hill now that Shell has taken over, Rotten Company

Shell has called and resolved my complaint.

Andrea Nelson from Shell Vacations Club called me this morning and was VERY helpful in resolving my complaint.
She told me she will talk to sales people in her company to prevent
this sort of thing from happing again, and is correcting the card fee
for me, what a sweetheart!
I WOULD recommend Shell Vacation Club now, after speaking with her.

• Ne
    nettiema Jun 02, 2009

Hello Im a bay area (cali) Shell Club owner and so far I love it. No problems but Im glad they resolved your complaint I have used shell for a week long stay in the Peacock suites and they treated us great. I also got 2 free days to at the metriage in napa to view the vino bello which we are staying at next n it was great-we actually upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom and stayed in Sf the Inn at the Opera and I tell you it was amazing the room was huge and everyone was really great to us..I pay almost $300 n almost n about under 65 for HOA fees..My husband and I are a family of 5 just starting out and one of thee youngest owners n I couldnt be happier. I love there perks just to go to a 90 min presentaion. O when we stayed in napa they gave us a tray full of sandwitches n a big bowl of salad to feed us for the night-now how sweet is that..I love them this is a pic when I was in the peacock suites while pregnant with my son in 08 june

angryjessi Sep 06, 2010

today is 9/6/2010... I bought this RIDICULOUS timeshare in 2005 Crotched Mountain Resort in NH it was a Shell Vacation resort... they had over 800 acres! they told us they're in the process of finishing the resort and adding more condos... all lies! here it is 5 years later we can't get 1st choice rooms like we were PROMISED, there are not hot tubs available for any of our stays... no pets ! I signed a contract stating I would clean up after my dog & this is a pet friendly resort! all changed with out notice!!!
    Now this resort was bought by RCI, so we get last pick if any rooms are available... last 2 years there were NONE! but I continue to get charged MAINTENANCE FEES... for what????
    the staff is very rude, the tub was clogged and did NOT drain... it took over an hour to a plumber to fix the tub, hardly worth 7 grand!
    From the looks of this website
    a LOT of people were lied to! this is a case worth fighting out in court! they should pay for everythign they lied about... my maintenance fees went up and they said in WRITING they would not increase until 2011...
    my fees went up 2 years early! how is this legal?
    I'd like to see this company pay everyone back they STOLE from! every stolen penny !

Scam

My fiance and I went on a gorgeous holiday to Hawaii, We were on the Big Island, where we got offered a deal for a tour if we went and listened to this speal about Timeshares, as were are from Australia, you don't hear much of it from our side of the world. So off we went and listened to them rave about how fabulous this deal was and blah blah, hours later we are still there, we eventually said we'd give it a go with the knowledge that we could get out of it in 7 days. So before our time was up, i tried calling our nominated sales person, to no avail, contacted the head office, someone will call you back they said. No such luck. We've now returned to australia, where they started sending us packages, and letters and bills. I tried calling to restate the fact that i had called and emailed to get out of this deal. Nope i had to pay and what not. Now i have received a bill stating they were going to commence recovery action for a bill of $900. What to do? does anyone have any advice? i feel so scamed and ripped off.

• Az
    AZCYOTEE Jun 01, 2009

I HAVE SOME ADVICE... NONE THAT WILL HELP ON THIS DEAL HOWEVER. When you sign a contract... Don't try to call to cancel By Law you must cancel in writing anyway. SEND LETTER OF CANCELLATION IN TIME PROVIDED "IN WRITING" TO CORPORATE OFFICE OF COMPANY. MAKE SURE YOU SEND CERTIFIED-FOR YOUR RECORDS. THAT WAY YOU ARE COMPLETELY PROTECTED UNDER THE LAW. As for shell... we are owners for almost 3 years & couldn't be happier. We love staying in 1 & 2 bedroom condos instead of dumpy(cheaper) hotel rooms. we travel mostly during the week... not only will thishelp maximize point value, but we hate the crowds anyway. Contrayry to the last 3 lies posted with shell you do not only hve to go for a week at a time to reserve in advance... you have the abillity to reserve as little as 2 days up to 10 months away. I HIGHLY RECOMEND USING THE VACATION CLUB OWNERS SITE TO BOOK YOUR TRIPS YOURSELF. THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE THE POINT FLUCTUATIOS YOURSELF & MAKE BETTER USE OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP. *** WE ARE VERY HAPPY OWNERS & WE USE THE REFERAL SERVICE & PAY NO ASSOCIATION FEES. WE FIND STAYING IN 1 & 2 BEDROOM SUITES VERY ENJOYABLE. AND BY THE WAY IN THE PLACES WE HAVE STAYED IT WOULD HAVE COST 400 - 600 A NIGHT ANYWAY. AFTER OUR MEMBERSHIP IS PAYED OFF IN 5 YEARS WE WILL ENJOY THE VACATIONS OF OUR DREAMS NEARLY COST FREE & THE BEST PART OF ALL IS WE WILL BE ABLE TO PASS ON TO MY 25YR OLD & HER FAMILY

chomputer Jul 08, 2009

I am currently researching Shell Vacation Club because a friend of mine is a member and highly recommends it to me. It does seem like Shell has questionable sales practices, but as I am only considering points through resale that doesn't really matter.

Sorry to hear that Shell gave you the run around. IMO, the person on the phone should have been up front with you and informed you that you needed to cancel in writing. As the previous commenter said, you should have sent it registered mail or some other method that offers tracking. Shell needs to work on their sales ethics, but unfortunately it seems that this is the norm in timeshare sales.

Unfortunately, since you entered in to the contract it was your responsibility to understand the process you needed to follow to cancel it. The contract should have stated clearly what you needed to do to cancel it, and my guess is that it said to mail written notification to a particular address.

• Va
    Vacationer112233 Sep 22, 2009

My wife and I walked into an Activity Center in San Francisco to find out information about things to do. We were interested in booking a wine tasting tour. This is where the rep at this center offered us a free wine tasting tour for two if we sat through a 90 min presentation, and that we wouldnt have to buy anything if we didnt want to. So we decided to go to their 90 minute presentation after this. I mean why not right? We're on vacation and have all the time in the world. We can spare 90 mins if it means we'll get free tickets. The rep at their main location, which was a few blocks away, was very helpful in explaining how it all works, and he went over all the numbers. The presentation did last 90 mins, nothing more. We were actually very convinced but just didnt have the 27 K to put down or finance out at the time. When we asked, well can we decide later on? They said no, this deal is only today. I asked, can we call you when we decide? They said nope, it has to be done NOW. TODAY. I thought that was a bit fishy. I mean, if its a plausible business transaction shouldnt you be able to buy it anytime? They explained that the rates would be higher if we waited, and I said I was ok with that, I dont mind paying more later on if we can sleep on it and think about it and wait till we have the money to spend on such a deal. But NOPE, we couldnt do it later on. So we said, look, we dont have the money right now to get into this scheme. Then the manager came over, gave us an even better deal, and we said no to that too. We were finally given our two free tour tickets after the 90 min presentation (which included a video presentation too).

Overall I felt they were straightforward in explaining how their "scheme" works, but something just seemed very FISHY about the whole thing. Especially the fact that you HAVE to purchase this today, and cannot decide later on. I mean, wtf is that about? So Im glad we didnt get it, because now Im back to work at my desk and have had time to research this, and it seems like a RIP OFF.

Dont fall for it, get your free stuff, whatever it is they offer you, and get out of there.

• Fr
    FranknRoni Feb 19, 2011

We bought in Hawaii on the Big Island in late 2007. We have spent over $2500.00 trying to get rid of it. We have called the finance company Equiant and Shell both and tried to give it back so they could resale it and make a profit. We are unable to make the payments on it as I am now disabled. Instead of anyone talking to us they turned it over to Pinnacle Recovery, Inc ...YES a collection agency and they are adding their charge of almost $6000.00 to the bill!!! How fair is that? I am so fed up with all of this that I don't know what to do.
    Roni & Frank Warren

Beware Big Ripe off

I was offered 3000 value points to seal the sale of 7000 timeshare points. I was not told that the "3000...

Shell Vacations SCAM/RIP OFF

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF. We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell...

Misleading sales pitch

Yesterday my fiance and I attended one of their sales shows and after asking some questions and being reassured, we agreed to purchase one of thier points plans and walk away. As we were leaving my fiance started having some trouble reconsilng their "savings" math. So after scrutinizing the member's information book (note "member", not "owner" - as they like to push), I discovered that much of what I was told was either outright false, or misleading. Some of these issues included:

- we were told that point costs would not go up. The member's information book clearly states that it can.

- we were told that our points could reserve a location from one to two and a half weeks anywhere we want, the information book clearly shows that we would have to bank our points for two years before we could have enough to use them (continually paying as they were banked).

- There are minimum reservation requirements that do not allow us to "maximize our points" (a major sales pitch point).

There were others, but the biggest would have been the following:

Going to one of their hotels, I priced a reservation from 23 Aug 09 to 29 Aug 09. I got a quote back saying 787.26 dollars. If I were to use the number of points required by SVC (as listed in the information book), and calculating the per-point value after APR, this same reservation costs me $4, 273.50

Now I realize I can get discounts as a member, but thats a 543% increase (not counting airfare), and I don't think they have discounts that big.

Also the senior sales persons didn't seem to be aware of the recent "policy changes" that affected our incentives.

There is a silver lining in this cloud, in the State of California you have the right to cancel the contract within 7 CALENDAR days, based upon the postmark. They were required to give you this in their Public Report (which for us was in a large white envelope). However you have to mail in the cancellation notice - their fax number doesn't work.

• Td
    tdang2k Mar 18, 2009

And would you be able to cancel your "membership"?
    I am a member of SVC too and I must agree with you on that! Unfortunately I realized that after a 7 days grace period so they turned my cancellation request down! :(
    TDang

• Th
    The Franks Apr 10, 2009

Is there any way to get out of this vacation club???

Shell needs to be sued

Shell vacations is a lie when speaking to rep on the phone he gave me the presidents of the companies name "Shelton Gittysburg" no such person. All lies, at presentation for first time buyers, yearly maintenance fees are $500 now they are up to $716 after 2 years of ownership and each year they will go up even more. If you are in collections or having late fees you lose all points for the year. All this information is not stipulated in contracts. I highly suggest researching timeshares before buying especially from shell vacations. scam artist working for shell for sure.

rediculous fees and more fees

WARNING -- do not consider this vacation option.
We purchased <4 yrs ago and the fees have tripled.
It would be cheaper for us to pay for a 5 star hotel ourselves then
maintain this purchase.

We were told the first year that we could use bonus pts and when we went to use them they were expired??? How can bonus pts expire? Nothing in writing regarding this -- BEWARE.

The service is horrible, and when you attempt to book a vacation, more fees above and beyound are incurred. We were charged a search fee even when no search was conducted.

Deceitful practices

I was sold a timeshare in Hawaii in late 2003. The deceit used was unbelievable. They gave me the standard...

We feel they lied to us to make us sign

On August 15, 2008 we were on our way to dinner and we were approched by a lady saying that they would give...

Shell Vacation RIP OFF

Hello guys Please JOIN my Facebook Group called. ..I bet i find 10, 000 People that hate Shell Vacations Time Share! It is time that People out there find out what a rip off and scam Shell Vacations is! Lets find all the people and join the board so the Internet itself will spread the word across the U.S and let the truth SHINE!

Do not Buy Shell Vacations Sep 20, 2008

My wife and I have experienced problems with Shell. We feel we were lied to and sucked into buying a timeshare. We purchased 4500 at the Legacy in AZ. First they sit you down and tell you how the cost of hotels will go up each year. Then they tell you how your timeshare is a "great investment." The cost will save you thousands over the years. They tell you the maintenance fees will never go up. The brochure we have even says the cost of your timeshare will never go up. The sell you on good investment. We are paying $340 for the loan and $76 for the fees each month. We are paying $8.60 a day in interest alone. In the next 10 years we will be paying $50, 000 to go on vacation 10 times, and that only covers the condo, not airfare etc. How is that a great investment? Then we were told that a condo is x amount of points based on the season (red, white, blue). When we booked out trip to Hawaii it was somehow "platinum season."

Another issue we have is that we were bribed into buying. "You buy now and we'll give you this, that, and another thing. One thing was a weekend in San Diego in their resort which is supposed to be on Yachts in the harbor. It ended up being a Non weekend stay at the Radisson in a poor neighborhood. The we were supposed to get 4 tickets in the suite for the AZ Diamondbacks. We got to will call to pick up the tickets and they weren't suite tickets. I called and they said that they overbooked the suite and would not compensate me.

I was told that their website would be updated were I could view points online and book things. They have not updated their website since we bought almost 2 years ago.

One last thing. They never return phone calls. I have mad 4 to them this past month and have not gotten a call back.

Do not Buy Shell Vacations Sep 20, 2008

Shell Vacations sales staff used questionable tactics and pressure tactics to try and sell an owner/time share. They talk of 5250 "points" as if they were dollars by subtracting the $679 management fee when in fact (their words) the points were convertible to $ at a 5 to 1 ratio that is 20 cents. Now my annual 5250 pts. $1050. Minus $679 management fee is worth $371 a year.

This for $23, 000 works out to 1.6%. If the value of the points stays at 20 cents and the maintenance does not rise. Who decides the value of the points? At 13 cents /point you earn 0%.

Put your money in a G.I.C. and go where you want when you want.

Do not Buy Shell Vacations Sep 20, 2008

IM ON IT!! Finally someone decided to unite all People THAT HATES SHELL VACATIONS CLUB! Seriously, what a rip off. Why people are so stupid to even think about purchasing more points! DO NOT PURCHASE MORE POINTS!

• Le
    Leslie or Marlon Felix Sep 30, 2008

This company is the worst to deal with they don't explained anything to you and hook you with lies and more lies

Steph Dec 06, 2008

We filed a complaint with the IL BBB, we also sent a lengthy letter through email to shell about our complaint. Of course we haven't heard back from them, it's been over a week. Here's a list of email addresses I found on-line, maybe if we bombard them with emails we can get our money back. These are employees from the CEO to Human Resources. Good Luck!
    jgonzales[email protected]

gavin Dec 22, 2008

i dont know why your facebook group is gone. so any victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

chomputer Jul 08, 2009

What exactly is your complaint?

Awful company

Shell Vacation is a SCAM! DO NOT BUY!!! The resorts are never available. All we've done is pay money, money, money but we have not yet reaped in its benefits. It's just like throwing our money out the window.
Whenever we call, they never have any availability besides Mondays and Tuesdays. Who takes a vacation on Mondays or Tuesdays!?!

Whenever we try to book, they can never accommodate us, even if we have a list of dates. They do not understand how to provide satisfaction and great customer service. We have been owners for 3+ years and we've only been able to use it once. But the amount of money we've given them is unbelievable.

• Ge
    georgee36cleo Nov 19, 2008

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF period! I have been a owner since 2000 and every year my maintenace fees have gone up and the 3500 points per year are not worth any more than $600.00.

gavin Dec 22, 2008

all victim come here, lets get stronger.

• Je
    Jessica Feb 02, 2009

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

Why would someone pay $400 a night with Shell Vacations Club points when you can stay at the same Hotel for $150 by booking with Expedia or other website. The economy is in real bad shape and we should let current owner NOT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS AND MAKE SURE OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT GET SCAMMED ON THIS RIP OFF.
    Do not get fooled by FAKE positve comments made by Shell Vacations employees. Read what current pissed owners have to say about.

• Az
    AZCYOTEE Jun 01, 2009

no one ripped you off... you knew quite well what you were signing. & i challenge you to try to find a 2 bedroom suite even in vegas for under 400 a night.
    WE ARE LEGITIMATE OWNERS WITH A 9 YEAR OLD THAT LOVES TO TRAVEL NOW. WE MAKE THE BEST OF OUR MEMBERSHIP BY TRAVELING DURING THE WEEK SO AS TO MISS THE CROWDS & MAXIMIZE OUR POINT VALUES. WE ONLY OWN 2250 POINTS BUT HAVE STAYED IN SOME INCREDIBLE 1 & 2 BEDROOM SUITES AT SEVERAL OF THE SHELL PROPERTIES. I highly recomend you tke advantage of the new promotion that will eliminate your association dues as we have done. Now when we pay our membership off we will own it free & clear in 5 years with ony a couple of $25 cleaning fees per year for a lifetime of vacations . P.S. we higly recomend the legacy resort... the have a wonderful pool area with all kinds of "free" flotation toys for the kids as well as a fitness room with free weights, nautilus equip, cycles & treadmills. & if you love golf as I do ... where else can you play a round of golf in the phoenix/scottsdae area for under $80 per round. we paid $10. oh and as for booking... we bookied 3 days in advance before going. YOUR VACATIONS ARE WHAT YOU MAKE OF THEM. I ENCOURAGE ANYONE READING BECOME EDUCATED BEFORY YOU BUY OR TRAVEL..!!

• Sh
    Shae DeAngelo Jul 19, 2009

I would like the names of the resorts in which you stayed by using your shell vacation points, please? For our 2500 points, the only accommodations that our points will pay for is a studio that sleeps four. Not only that, but I have been trying to make reservations for over a month and there is absolutely no place that has any rooms available in the area that we would like to stay. SO, .. Can only get a studio, but Can't get a studio because there is nothing available. I would very much like the actual names of the places in which you have stayed using your Shell points. Thank you.

time share sale

I was very interested in the timeshare, and seemed like a good fit, so I began the buying process, including filling out the credit card form. Then, when the timeshare ownership forms were handed to me, I began reading, and questioning the yearly fees. I asked what the maximum increase per year might be, and after some "checking, " was told 20%. At that, I left, as it had been three hours, and I had other plans. I never signed a single thing, except the credit card app, and then I receive the card, plus a charge on it for $4800. I immediately closed the card, and the charge is in dispute.
The timeshare might be a good deal, but with that 20% increase possible per year, nothing is "locked in." A 20% per year, could double the fees every five years! And don't fill out anything as they'll try to steal from you, as they are trying from me. Nothing is ever as good as it looks, and nothing in life is "free." Scary. Run far, and run fast, and don't fall for this scam.

• Valerie Jun 26, 2008

Telemarketer called that we could receive 3 nites hotel and air for two people to Vegas if we would go to Chicago presentation of Shell Vacation timeshares. We went but did not buy. Received certificate for above travel but acknowledgment from Mini Vacations, 410 Ware Blvd, Tampa FL 33619 required $50 per person good will deposit, which we sent to MVI.

MVI acknowledged a travel date several months hence and has since acknowledged at least 3 more dates as long as a year and a half after we heard the presentation. MVI has offered to refund our $100 if we accept trips of perhaps a third the value.

Joy Kenen Sep 22, 2008

Not surprised to hear of above complaint. My husband and I were recruited to go to a timeshare seminar on Kauai last year (even though we own elsewhere on the island!) And I swear I saw shills in the group of persons that were listening to the pitch nodding "YES YES" along with the woman selling to us. This was before they broke us up into couples/singles to go with individual salespersons for the highpower pitch.

All of it was very confusing, but I got the idea that you never really OWN anything when you buy with them, you just buy a membership and a certain amount of points. I asked the young man how we could be assured of getting confirmed and he waffled sooooooo loudly he could have been John Kerry.
    They were very angry when we did not buy and escorted us out quickly when we showed the salesman that his math was off.

Folks, this company is a scam. There are 3 things to remember: 1. It is never cheapest to buy directly from the resort. 2. You can ALWAYS buy on the resale market. 3. Even companies such as Marriott will treat their owners like crap after they have bought into it - heck, after they have your money, what good are you? Hotels will treat you better.

We got our timeshare at the Cliffs Club as a Christmas present from my brother-in-law, but I don't know if everyone can get it as cheaply as we did :-) .

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

Shell Vacation Club is a rip off! I wish I would have never set foot in their office! I am now paying 15K for a "point system" that allows you to go to their barely acceptable time share locations. They throw around a book full of beautiful photos of resorts and do not tell you the extra cost involved. They are dishonest liars DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR SALES PITCH! You are much better off paying the normal fees for decent hotels. I am now spending so much money and I have no way out! Shell Vacation Club is a bunch of money making liars!

• Lo
    looda Feb 28, 2009

They hooked us in with the promise of great savings and 5 star properties. Neither is true, also they do not disclose during the presentation all of the associated fees such as $25 for transactions fees after the first 2. I bought 3500 points.

I am a member of the Vino Bello Resort which is in a industrial area on the edge of NAPA, CA (WINE COUNTRY). Actually seems to be the newest and best of all of the properties. Then you look closely at the photos of the others they appear to be tired 3 star properties with a lot of hype marketing. Also the point system is does not seem correct. For 3500 points with cost me over 18, 000. We get a week in a studio unit and must bank the rest of the points. A week during the red season cost 3200 points. I should have look at the resale timeshares availble on the net. Prices are only 20% of the purchase price.

This is a very bad deal. If you check the comments from previous resort visitors a constant complaint is thin walls. I need help to get out of this horrible deal. The Savings will never cover the cost of ownership. Anyone successful in getting a refund from Shell?

• Al
    Alwinla Oct 13, 2010

I have tried for over a year to use the certificate provided AFTER I purchased the timeshare. I am sure that Shell Vacations knows that the company that they are using does not follow through. I am sorry that my money has been wasted. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB regarding the practices. I was very hopeful that I had found an honest company for once. They appear to be just like all of the others.

Making contact is also very difficult; crazy business hours. I would not recommend to any other of my friends...Not Now!

• Sh
    Shell Vacations Club Oct 13, 2010

Hello Alwinla,

As we responded to your previous post on this topic on another site, we are very sorry to hear you have had difficulties booking your trip with Holiday Travel. Again, we ask you to please contact us so we can assist you with this situation. To reiterate, here is our contact information in Customer Care:

888-947-4355

We are available to you seven days a week, Monday - Friday 11AM-9PM CST and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-5PM CST.

We truly would appreciate the opportunity to assist you, but will need further information regarding your travel request sent to us before we can proceed. As we stated before, we certainly do not want this to leave a bad taste in your mouth as we are certain you will enjoy using your membership.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Shell Vacations Club
    Customer Care Department

Misleading pushing salespeople

Put your money in a G.I.C. and go where you want when you want.

• Al
    allancbacon Sep 17, 2008

hey in 2009 Shell Vacation Clubs will be starting their association FEE to go along with their maintenance FEE, housekeeping FEE, club FEE, elite FEE, annual FEE, reservation FEE, R.C.I. FEE, parking FEE, convenience FEE, transaction FEE, air conditioning FEE just too name a few. If you love paying endless FEES and get excited about hidden costs then i recommend buying into Shell Vacation Clubs. With Shell Vacation Clubs a vacation will costs thousands of dollars more than it should. Since i bought with Shell Vacation Clubs, i have been able to throw money away continuously. BUYER BEWARE with SHELL VACATION CLUB

• Pe
    pete Nov 19, 2008

So we all hate shell vacations...my question is how do you get out from under it?

how do you stop paying the fees and the other costs...my wife and I have paid our loans...yes we were stupid more than twice (dont go there) but now that we are paid off...how do you extract yourself from these fees...this side of bankruptcy?

P

• Kr
    Kristine Mar 26, 2009

You know I've read all of these comments. I have to tell you, I've been an owner for 8 years. My sister owns as well. My friends beg me to use my p0ints in Whistler and San Fran and Now Napa. I've had a nice experience with this company. I own in Hawaii. I call shell-10 and book into san fran and sandiego and Whister during skii season usually 6 months or less in advance. I do not have outragious problems using this. As for the HOA's the person was spouting off about above, that is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard! I love the Kauai Coast Resort and they just put 508, 000.00 worth of new roofs on the buildings, added Flat screen tv's and new dvd players to EVERY ROOM, New beds, new curtains...If the MF's go to the Management, then how the heck did they afford to put all that together? Educate before speaking. PLEASE!

anissa Jun 19, 2009

my husband and i bought into this line of wonderfulness also. i love how the fees keep rising . my biggest complaint is that we were told that they were putting an indoor pool, a game room/family room and would be getting horses. some place that we could go to and do things with our children, the whole reason we bought this. none of this has come to be. we have yet to use the time share in the 3 years we have owned it. it is nothing but a disappointment and we were lied to and i am not the only one who was sold this bill of goods.

Refund

SVC - Garden Grove Tel: 714/867-5300 12021 Harbor Blvd. Fax: 714/867-5310 Garden Grove, CA 92840...

Did not supply promised trip

We attended a time share presentation and did not wish to buy their product. One of the lures to attend the presentation was "A Hawaiian Holiday."

This was through an agency called Holiday Travel of America, based in Carlsbad, CA. They requested a fee of $100 as a "tax deposit". Well, they cashed my check back in March of 2007, and so far I have never had this agency contact me.

When I contact them, I only hear that "at this time the dates that you have chosen are unavailable." I would not trust anything Shell Vacation Club promises due to this experience of mine.

• Pa
    Patsy Sep 28, 2008

Me and my husband went to one of these presentations, which was suppose to last 45 minutes. It lasted about 2 hours. Then when we decided to not sign up, we were told to sit and wait for our "voucher to Hawaii", Well they came up with another offer for us, and unfortunatley, we did sign up for some amount of "Points".
    When we got to the vacation spot in Hawaii, it was a dump!! Not "steps" to the beach, not very clean, and was very old. Very disapointing! (Nothing is for free) We ended up going to the Westin paying hundreds per night, and this was for our Aniversary.
    And when we do call to spend our points on a resort, there are none available when we want to reserve one!
    Then getting those so called up-date meeting calls, they are very annoying, promising yet another trip somewhere. NO THANK YOU Shell Vacations!!

gavin Dec 22, 2008

the facebook group is gone, i m so sad with that, we need to keep fighting with them.

• Je
    Jessica Feb 02, 2009

Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

• Th
    The Franks Apr 10, 2009

I sent an email to Holiday Travel of America and requested my deposit BACK - got it within 3 weeks!! Remember that this was just a "deposit"

• Be
    beachchick Jun 24, 2009

shell is not the only timeshare co that uses holiday travel for their gifts, if you didn't follow the instructions right on the cert (which they should point out but don't) you won't get the free trip. As far as the accomodations, any free gift from a timeshare co is in a dumpy hotel...why would you use that for a special occasion like an anniversary???

We feel we were lied to and sucked!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices