Complaints & Reviews

bad customer relations

We hired ServPro of Milwaukee in June 2010 after the death of my father-in-law. We were told that it would only take 4-6 weeks to clean the bio-hazard left by his body and to remove all furniture and appliances. Six months later, we had to demand they get off the property. Early on, I was checking through his papers to find he had home owner's insurance in effect at the time of his death and that a settlement would be made to help pay for the cost of clean up. After I had the paper work in motion, ServPro called and suggested I check into it. They thought we should be grateful for coming up with the idea when I already filled out paper word and was working with an adjuster!! We got the settlement check and gave the go ahead to work with in the moneys being paid out. They didn't come back to the house for 3 weeks. In the mean time, comtractors were coming by to solicit business and the crew gave our home phone number to these complete strangers!! WRONG THING TO DO!!!
We gave explicit instructions of what items to keep from the house and put in the detached garage for an estate sale. A vewry expensive embrodery sewing machine, table and bench top power tool are missing. Worth approximately $1500/00. All other items were accounted for. This is a very short version of a long story. There were many more problems we had and we willnever recommend them to anyone!!! I am following this with a detailed complaint to the BBB.

beware

I sent in my computer to be repaired at servpro in israel. first of all, not all the branches that are on their website actually exist. then, i sent my eeepc netbook in and got it back more than a month later with the exact same problem. i then sent it back to them, and have not been able to get straight answers from them for a month and a half. each time i call, i need to have the exact same conversation, explaining why, even tho my netbook is no longer under warrantee, it was when i initially sent it in. each time, the conversation ends with someone saying they need to speak to a supervisor and get back to me, and each time, no one ever calls back (of course, each time i call, there's no way to speak directly to the supervisor)
avoid this company!!

• Te
    teddy1312 Jul 03, 2011

If you want to get a franchise with these people, beware. This is a hard business in a highly competitive market in metro markets. They do not tell everything and there are about 1500 other Servpro s and they seem to compete with each other.

• I am trying to spread the word! It Sounds like there are victims of Servpro galore - ! How can this company still operate? I want to ensure nobody has to go through the same experience we had. I am not trying to gain from my bad experience! The Servpro franchise we used completely ruined all of my furniture and antiques by storing them in OUR garage (although we paid for a facility) and actually used my great-grandmother's antique dining room table as a workbench. How sad. They didn't even apologize - they even wanted money for work they did not perform - BEWARE - ! We gave them over $60, 000! They sent a fraudulent claim to my insurance company! I'm still upset with them after 3 years because I am still trying to recoup for the losses they caused. How awful. Any insurance company that recommends them should be penalized by the commissioner of insurance as well. Are they in cahoots with insurance companies? I am pursuing a class action suit against the SERVPRO company at this time. If you are interested, please leave a comment. I will contact you.

beware

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris left in the garages from the flooding. The company cleaned the garages in my building on a day it was raining/snowing. To prevent the gas generator used to power wash the garages from getting "ruined", the company put the gas generator inside the building instead of outside. This caused all the apartments in my building to have high carbon monoxide levels. The fire department, police, and EMS arrived and evacuated all of the us from the building. We had to stay outside for several hours until the carbon monoxide levels went down. Several people had to be taken to the hospital! Such carelessness and ignorance from this company to say the least!

• Kr
    KristineAtPuroClean Jun 05, 2011

So sorry to hear you had this problem! Next time contact your local PuroClean. Find them here at www.PuroClean.com

never again

This company is just terrible please do not waste your money!! They do take advantage of people in a bad situation. I had a small fire at my house, they showed up, uncalled and before I knew what was happening they had called my insurance company and made a deal with them(has to be a kick back somewhere) They told me how wonderful they were and how I could relax, well that was just the beginning of my nightmare!!! Told me they would have my stuff out in 2 days, it took 2 weeks, they never showed up when they said, when they did show up all the employees talked about was how they hated working there. At the start of this they told me all about the rules of how they worked and what had to be done, they did NONE of it. Finally at the end of the two weeks I had to go back to work, they told be to just leave my key and they would finish(first no no). After they got all my stuff out they said my clothes were first to be done, ok, after 2 more weeks I called looking for my clothes, we will bring them right over, so they did, all in plastic dry cleaner bags, smelling worse than when they left, they had never been cleaned just bagged like they had. Over the next few months they would bring me stuff all right but most of it was not mine, it belonged to other people I would send it back and they would bring it back to me again! I never got all my stuff back!! When I called the man who owns the Servpro he was so RUDE and told me since I did not pay them to unbox my stuff it was just tough! They stole all my great-grand-mothers linens. Antique dishes, old money you name it. Please do not use these people!!!

terrible water damage company

Servpro did a terrible job and are refusing to stand by their work. I had a lot of water damage due to a leaking shower pan and they were contacted to fix it. It was a large job as my bedroom carpet, walls, shower had to be completely redone. They lost my vanity, faucets, sink etc. When finished there was a leak in the shower and water was not draining very well. I had to write a letter and they send someone to fix the leak but said the water was normal in the shower. Now I have a leak again in the same place. The plummer said it is because the shower floor was not pitched correctly according to code! The water has gone thru the tiles and grout and is leaking into the walls. I tried to contact them and was told that the warranty is only for one year! I tried calling corporate office but they are a franchise! The guy jeremy who manages this Servpro just yells at me when he is talking! I am going thru my Insurance company and they will sue them when everything is done but in the meantime I have to come up with another $1, 000 deductable!!! If they have all these complaints about their Franchises they need to do something about it! Contact McDonalds headquarters and they will! You can not use the McDonalds name if you do not meet up to their standards!!

did not do what they said they do.

Servpro,
They came and gave us high hopes that everything is going to be ok, then put all these machines in and left and came back the next day a took a meter to the walls and said that they be back tomorrow that was a lot of water in the walls so this went on for three days the 3rd day the insurance said there is no need for them to have all of the equipment in two small rooms so they took them out and when we had to replace the kitchen floors their were water still there so they had to fix it before laiding the floor down. I read their ad on the internet and it said they remove water and deordorizer or diinfectant of mold but they did none. So that is my story please do not use this company at all.

very dissatisfied

Our water heater ruptured and dumped 80 gallons of water into our home. It happened at 11;30 PM on a Friday...

worst experiance ever!

Worse Experience Ever! If you want a company to come in and not care about your life, belongings or how long it takes to get the job done than this company is for you! Terrible communication worse work ethics and a complete lack of common sense! I think I had more damage from them than the original call

• So
    SOCALRLA Apr 04, 2011

Please note that all SERVPRO's are franchised. Unfortunately, this does happen but if you call the 800-SERVPRO, you will get a reputable franchise to help you.

• In response to your complaint listed on this web site, I am requesting you contact Servpro Industries Inc. Servpro Industries Inc. has a quality assurance process and I would like to speak with you in regards to your issues experienced with the SERVPRO Franchise. Please call 1-800-737-8776 press option #4 for Quality Assurance Department. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Should I not hear from you within 5 business days I will consider you no longer have a concern and I will rebuttal your compliant on this web site.

beware!!

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris in the garages left by the flooding. Servpro...

unprofessional

When the company first arrived in my home back in December 2010, I wanted to feel very safe and secure that...

over charging and removal of unauthorized items

Our home caught fire on December 14, 2010. Two days later I contacted my insurance company. I am not sure at...

lack of contract agreement

Serv Pro was hired by our insurance agency after our painter found that we had a soot problem. Once Serv Pro...

avoid them like a plague

It has been 1 year since SERVPRO took all of our personal belongings. We have attempted to contact SERVPRO on numerous occasions starting 2 weeks after SERVPRO took our stuff and for about 5 months after attempting to get our things back. We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the billing totaling $8726.96.00 which SERVPRO provided to us last week. (April 2010) We have some concerns as outlined below:

Line item 4: You have two TV/VCR combo's listed when in fact there was only one.
Line item 7: You have two VCR's listed when in fact we have only one.
Line item 57: This lists two child rocking chairs. Then, you are charging us again for the same two child rocking chairs on line item 78.
Line item 110: These are the multi-colored floor tiles in the play room. We paid $20.00 for these at Costco. You are charging us $123.42 to clean them.
Line item 9: You are charging for cleaning two desks when in fact you only took one desk.
Line item 16: You are charging us $150.00 to clean a TV purchased in 1993 and then $75.00 to clean another TV from the same room that was the same size. Why the price difference?
Line item 17: You have 3 DVD/VCR combo's listed when in fact we only owned one.
Line items 23, 82 and 87: You have listed as Bookcases. We do not own a single Bookcase.
Line item 88: The old yellow refrigerator. You never took this to be cleaned, yet you charged for cleaning it.
Line item 54: The microwave is mounted in the home over the range and was never removed or cleaned, yet you charged for cleaning it.
Line item 100: You never removed or cleaned this item yet you charged for cleaning it.

It appears to us that SERVPRO never intended for us to see this itemized list, as you refused to provide it to us until we went to the SERVPRO corporate office, and even then it wasn't until our meeting last week that you provided it to us. We still have not been provided with a list of items for our insurance company that you removed from our home that you considered irreparable and destroyed or disposed of.

With the exorbitant fees, repeat charges, and charges for items that are non-existent, it appears to us that SERVPRO'S actions are criminal by attempting to defraud or insurance company. This matter will be forwarded to the states Attorney Generals office, the local Prosecuting Attorneys office, The BBB, and the Federal Fair Trade Commission for them to determine weather or not criminal actions have indeed transpired in this case as well as others you have been or are currently involved with.

they totally overcharged my insurance company and collected high estimates and did the crappiest job ever

Servpro was the worst company ever. I will never hire them again. They totally overcharged my insurance company and collected high estimates and did the crapiest job ever. They were good at first, keeping me updated about appts and when someone would be working, but that all changed. When they did the final walk thru, I pointed out numerous things that needed to be fixed still. The carpet was installed horribly, when I vacumed the first time, the entire carpet came up at the corner seem. They also left glue marks in our cparpet upstairs. When we refused to sign off on the final work until it was done, they become nearly impossible to get ahold of. The girl at the front desk refused to transfer us to a manager becuse one was "Never Available." They glued together old molding that had cracked, even though my estimates showed that they were paid to buy new molding. The work looked like my 5 year old did it. You can still see the water seem in my celing. Be ware, this company will scam you and your insurance company for the insurance money!!!

• I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company. I had a very similar experience with this franchised organization an am pursing class action. Please leave a comment if you would like to participate. Thank you.

jaye darr Jul 23, 2012

We would like to ba part of that lawsuit as well, we had a terrible experience and now they have placed a lien on our home. They lied, brought our belongings back broken and dirty and charged a ridiculous sum of money . Let us know what info you require so that we can also be part of the suit. We are meeting with a lawyer this week.

completely dishonest business practices

I feel that the business practices of Servpro of Freehold, NJ are completely dishonest and I feel they are preying on the unfortunate losses of the recent floods in NJ. I was not presented with any cost information or warning that there were different charges for weekends vs. weekdays. Had this been openly presented to me I would have waited until a week day or sought alternative resources.

The customer service person that was seeking payment from me was rude and kept trying to reason with me that insurance was paying anyway. This did not matter to me, I would rather keep my money then give it to Servpro.

I will be contacting the better business bureau on this matter as well.

• Js
    jsr98908 Jun 24, 2010

Line item 7: You have two VCR's listed when in fact we have only one.
    Line item 17: You have 3 DVD/VCR combo's listed when in fact we only owned one.

Labels: cleaners, cleaning, contractors, fire, Servpro, smoke, water damage 10:39:00 AM

after they finished their job out carpet smelled worse then before

We had a puppy who refused to become potty trained, so we found her a better home, and called ServPRO to clean our carpets, that were less than a year old. When I spoke to the office manager about what they could do for us, and if they could eliminate pet odor, she informed me that pet odor is difficult to get out but that they should be able to make it better, and if the odor still remained they would come back out until I was satisfied, also after being questioned she informed me that the service techs move all furniture so we had nothing to do. We moved much of the furniture anyhow to make the job easier and quicker for the cleaners. So the day of cleaning the cleaners were prompt and on time, and nicely smelling of freshly smoked pot, they started cleaning and made sure to move furniture when I was standing in the room, but didn't move anything that was a slight inconvience for them if I wasn't around (such as childrens bed). They applied the "pet urine odor remover" only in the areas that were in the main areas of the room, not too helpful since the pet would tinkle in corners etc. We even had to ask them to get some areas before they left. An hour and half later they left, after "cleaning" 3 rooms and a hallway. After we inspected, we found many stains and areas not even wet from shampoo, so I called ServPro back as my fiance was on her hands and knees scrubbing a couple stains. They sent someone back immediately, this was the part of thier service I will compliment, the Technician came in and wore booties on his feet (which the first 2 techs did not) cleaned the stains, looked for more informed me of the products they have and how they work. He was very good. Se spent 2 hours just re-doing what the first 2 already had done.

Now the next day..the carpet smelled just as bad if not worse as it did before they came, almost like it spread the bad smell, when I called them they put me through to the Service Manager, where he told me that maybe I need to rip my padding out to get rid of the odoer, where I explained to him, his Company had did their job correctly (after the second try) but that their service doesn't seem to acutally eliminate odors, and if I was informed that it wouldn't have worked, and that I'd have had to RIP my padding out, I wouldn't have hired them, I'd have paid to have my Padding RIPPED out, so he transfered me to the office manager who told me that she never gauranteed anything, and said basically that I was lying. She asked me what I wanted, I told her I didn't want to pay, but that I expect she wouldn't grant me this because they have labor hours to recoup, again she asked me what I wanted, so I said half off would be fair, she informed me there was no way the owner would go for half off and that 30 bucks off was all she could offer, so I told her fine and hung up.

I understand they do an ok job w/ restorations, but perhaps carpet cleaning shouldn't be there thing, or at least they shouldn't gaurantee things just to retract their gaurantee..maybe I need to ask for it in writing next time..haha buyer beware I guess..I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone soley on how they approached my concerns.

• Cf
    CFL HDK Jun 25, 2010

I understand your frustration. I work for a SERVPRO franchise. I hope you understand that each franchise runs things a little differently. Most franchise owners should have all of their technicians go through IICRC training and certification for each area of expertise, i.e. carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, oriental rug cleaning, fire and smoke restoration, water restoration, etc. If you find yourself willing to try again, contact a SERVPRO in your area and ask them to send a tech who is CERTIFIED in whatever service you need or desire. When the tech arrives, ask them to present their certification card (should be whit with green logo and black text listing certifications).

I know there are some awful franchises out there, but please don't let it discourage you from trying another servpro. I happen to work for an amazing owner who sends everyone, even office and marketing staff for certification and training so we all know the in's and out's of the business and what to do, or more importantly, what NOT to do.

I hope this helps !

• Kg
    Kggdon Mar 16, 2011

True, I've owned one and worked for one. Yes there are those like you discribe, but it was my experience that now franchises are in such a crunch that they're no better than an untrained mom and pop. Franchises that I know BRAG about the 10K 3 room drying by keeping equipment in the home for 10 days racking up huge charges. That's not my issue, but the customer has to know that there are the ones like you discribe because on this board the other one will be discussed.

they took my money and ran

Serv Pro has either:

1. Cancelled the appointment
2. Not shown up to the appointment
3. Shown up over a half hour late to the appointment.

Not ONCE have they been on time. They are impossible to get a hold of. They don't finish their work. They took my money and ran. Very displeased.

Do not use them, even if State Farm recommends. Find your own help!

never stopping nightmare

After a small fire in my 700 sq ft duplex unit, somebody recommended Servpro . My insurance policy limits were $20, 000 -which of course, they knew. four months later I finally got a new place, moved in and figured I was done with Servpro. Nope. Three months after my move they produced my bill for cleaning, packing, storage for 4 months : over $15, 000.00...twice as much as my total lost items. My insurance company was obviously not paying attention. My insurance company will not cover the total bill. Guess who they are going to come after? Do NOT sign the agreement that you will pay anything you insurance does not pay. Do not trust Servpro to work with your insurance company on your behslf.They are not honest and it is quite the racket they have going. Good luck and hold on to your pocketbook.

• Cf
    CFL HDK Jun 25, 2010

Although your fire may have been small, the soot and smoke particals spread like wildfire. If you hold a blacklight to items in the furthest room from the source of the fire, you will find particles which are not only a skin irritant but respiratory irritant and a carcinogenic one at that. I'm an IICRC certified fire/smoke restoration technician. Unfortunately to have fire/smoke damage cleaned and restored PROPERLY it is very expensive. What insured's often don't understand is that the smoke particles actually become acidic and start to cause further damage very quickly. Metals are one of the first things to erode. There is a lot of work that goes into cleaning, even a 700 sqft duplex. Micro cleaning is the term and that means they use the proper products per item they clean and go in and get every nook and cranny, including pages of books, carpets, ducts, a/c units. the air scrubbers required for proper restoration have charcoal filters that alone cost $200 each for the restoration company. I'm sorry for your loss and i understand your frustration, but understand that fire/smoke cleanup is not a big profit for restoration companies. They have to put a lot of expense into it as well and an attempt to make any kind of profit, especially on an insurance loss is nearly impossible.

• Br
    Brenda Kidd Dec 02, 2012

Troy Bowman Servpro of Southwest Mobile damaged my furniture, floors and broke my entertainment center, while insured and stored on Servpro property and while moving my entertainment center out of my home.

I had a house fire. Troy Bowman Servpro of Southwest Mobile, movers came into my home and packed up my things. During the moving of my heavy furniture two of servpro employee’s broke my entertainment center. Without asking me, can my entertainment center be repaired by servpro, one of the ladies told me, my entertainment center will be repaired by servpro. She wrote a written statement that stated, entertainment center was damaged during move out, to be repaired by servpro and she initialed.

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 Servpro movers brought my furniture back into my home.
    My bed newish look before they removed it out of my home was gone. My bed/headboard had no shine on it. The headboard had a whitish, cloudy, foggy substance all over it.
    My bed was cracked in several different places.

The front side edges, on the left side and the right side of the headboard, had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.
    The same damaged that was done to the edges on the front sides of the headboard was done to the edges on the back sides of the headboard.

The same damaged that was done to the edges on the front sides and back sides of the headboard had been done to the footboard front sides and back sides, edges, too.
    The bed four long tall posts and the four square shape legs also had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.

There are areas all over on my bed steps and highboy that are sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.

My wing back chair, arms and legs had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood and the material on the right side of it is coming apart, torn.
    Around the edges of my picture had been sand down/stripped down and coming apart. Two more of my pictures have drips from a liquid cloudy, foggy substance on them.

As for the entertainment center that the movers broke, they brought it back into my home broke.

Scars are all over my entire bed, highboy, bed steps, wing back chair, pictures and my entertainment center.

My three bedroom, laminated floors, Servpro movers mopped are stripped and pucker up. It took days for the floors to dry. My floors are dull, cloudy and foggy. Seeable shoe prints are all over my wooden laminate stripped dull looking, floors.

I have contacted Troy Bowman the owner of Servpro of Southwest Mobile.
    I have contacted Stephen Clark.
    I have contacted the corporate office over and over again and talked to Darlene Bearden, Cathy Campbell and Kim in the Corporate Headquarters office.
    Darlene has left messages for Monica Spencer from me.
    I have spoken to Monica Spencer.
    I have spoken to Steve Guice the mediator.
    I have tried to talk to Susan Isaacson Steen, Randall Isaacson, Richard Isaacson, but was unsuccessful.
    I have spoken to David Drago, who Troy Bowman sent out to my home to estimate the cost of my damages, which Servpro is at fault.
    I have not spoken to the repair man that was supposed to have repaired my entertainment center, which according to mediator, Steve Guice, Troy Bowman said that he was not his repair man.
    I have talked to Jack Glidewell, assistant Erica, who told me that Jack Glidewell no longer owns Servpro of Southwest Mobile with Troy Bowman.
    I have talked to Marlena and several people in Servpro office in Birmingham and those people have emailed Steve Guice and left messages for him to call me concerning my furniture, floors and broke entertainment center that Servpro of Southwest Mobile damaged.
    I have tried to talk to Ted and Doris Isaacson the Co founders of Servpro, I was told that they no longer work at the Corporate Office.
    This needed to be resolved now.

• Br
    Brenda Kidd Dec 04, 2012

resolved.

negligence

10 March 2010 To: ServPro, Customer Relations Corporate Headquarters PO Box 1978 Gallatin, TN...

I have to pay them for the waste of my time

We called Servpro of ROckville/potomac for cleaning after our ceiling fell in. I was told there was a $100 fee for the estimate- and prior to them coming I SPECIFICALLY asked about HVAC service, drapes and mentioned area carpets. I actually asked several questions (which were answered as if that service could be done withe the other services provided by servpro)about HVAC cleaning as we are trying to coordinate this with other things in the house and don't want the rest of the house getting dusty when HVAC cleaning done. So when I get the estimate it doesn't include any of these things and when I called Josh, the manager he says "oh, we outsource those things, they are separate" so they can not be done the same day and were not included in the price given to me. NEVER did they mention this before coming to my house- for which thety are going to charge me $100. The estimate they gave me includes stuff my regular housecleaner could do and cleaning my couch- THATS IT!! How is this "like it never happened" or complete service as they advertise on the website?

Now not only do I have to wait longer to get all my work done b/c I wasted four days waiting for servpro to come and then give me an estimate (and now other vendors booked further out) but I have to pay them for the waste of my time.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices