ServPro Industries Logo

ServPro Industries

Having problems with ServPro Industries?

ServPro Industries Customer Service Contacts

1800 826 9586 (Franchise Opportunities)
+1 615 451 0200 (Head Office)
+1 515 986 3711 (Grimes Branch)
801 Industrial Boulevard
Gallatin, Tennessee
Branch Office
3600 SE Destination Dr., Grimes, IA 50111

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ServPro Industries Customer Service. Initial ServPro Industries complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ServPro Industries above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ServPro Industries. Discuss the issues you have had with ServPro Industries and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

A

Servpro Of Birmingham — fraud and overcharging

Because of water damage from Hurricane Irene we called SERVPRO for service, Their Marketing Representative...

J

ServPro — fraud

ServProworst experience ever!

The ServPro that we used, in Illinois, were the most unprofessional bunch of people that I have ever met. They attempted to do all of the work on their own without hiring qualified contractors. Needless to say, it looks terrible. They charged my insurance complany for work that they never even did!

I would never recommend letting these people into your home!

• You state you received service from a Servpro Franchise in Illinois, there are several Franchises within the state of Illinois and to better address your concerns you would need to be specific as to which Servpro Franchise serviced your home. It is also possible the Franchise in which serviced your home was not from the state of Illinois, should this have been during the recent flooding that occurred. There were several Franchise sent in from across the county to assist in this area. Please contact Servpro Industries the corporate office to address your concerns you have with the service provided. I will be more than glad to speak with you regarding your concerns. We take all concerns seriously please feel free to call [protected] and choose option #4 for the Quality Assurance Department. Should there not be a response received from you within 5 days; it will presumed you no longer have a complaint and it will be rebuttal, as well as your complaint will be requested to be removed from the complaint board.
      The Quality Assurance Coordinator

Servpro Of Milwaukeebad customer relations

We hired ServPro of Milwaukee in June 2010 after the death of my father-in-law. We were told that it would only take 4-6 weeks to clean the bio-hazard left by his body and to remove all furniture and appliances. Six months later, we had to demand they get off the property. Early on, I was checking through his papers to find he had home owner's insurance in effect at the time of his death and that a settlement would be made to help pay for the cost of clean up. After I had the paper work in motion, ServPro called and suggested I check into it. They thought we should be grateful for coming up with the idea when I already filled out paper word and was working with an adjuster!! We got the settlement check and gave the go ahead to work with in the moneys being paid out. They didn't come back to the house for 3 weeks. In the mean time, comtractors were coming by to solicit business and the crew gave our home phone number to these complete strangers!! WRONG THING TO DO!!!
    We gave explicit instructions of what items to keep from the house and put in the detached garage for an estate sale. A vewry expensive embrodery sewing machine, table and bench top power tool are missing. Worth approximately $1500/00. All other items were accounted for. This is a very short version of a long story. There were many more problems we had and we willnever recommend them to anyone!!! I am following this with a detailed complaint to the BBB.

ServProbeware

I sent in my computer to be repaired at servpro in israel. first of all, not all the branches that are on their website actually exist. then, i sent my eeepc netbook in and got it back more than a month later with the exact same problem. i then sent it back to them, and have not been able to get straight answers from them for a month and a half. each time i call, i need to have the exact same conversation, explaining why, even tho my netbook is no longer under warrantee, it was when i initially sent it in. each time, the conversation ends with someone saying they need to speak to a supervisor and get back to me, and each time, no one ever calls back (of course, each time i call, there's no way to speak directly to the supervisor)
      avoid this company!!

• I am trying to spread the word! It Sounds like there are victims of Servpro galore - ! How can this company still operate? I want to ensure nobody has to go through the same experience we had. I am not trying to gain from my bad experience! The Servpro franchise we used completely ruined all of my furniture and antiques by storing them in OUR garage (although we paid for a facility) and actually used my great-grandmother's antique dining room table as a workbench. How sad. They didn't even apologize - they even wanted money for work they did not perform - BEWARE - ! We gave them over $60, 000! They sent a fraudulent claim to my insurance company! I'm still upset with them after 3 years because I am still trying to recoup for the losses they caused. How awful. Any insurance company that recommends them should be penalized by the commissioner of insurance as well. Are they in cahoots with insurance companies? I am pursuing a class action suit against the SERVPRO company at this time. If you are interested, please leave a comment. I will contact you.

• Te
          teddy1312 Jul 03, 2011

If you want to get a franchise with these people, beware. This is a hard business in a highly competitive market in metro markets. They do not tell everything and there are about 1500 other Servpro s and they seem to compete with each other.

Servpro Of Piscatawaybeware

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris left in the garages from the flooding. The company cleaned the garages in my building on a day it was raining/snowing. To prevent the gas generator used to power wash the garages from getting "ruined", the company put the gas generator inside the building instead of outside. This caused all the apartments in my building to have high carbon monoxide levels. The fire department, police, and EMS arrived and evacuated all of the us from the building. We had to stay outside for several hours until the carbon monoxide levels went down. Several people had to be taken to the hospital! Such carelessness and ignorance from this company to say the least!

• Kr
            KristineAtPuroClean Jun 05, 2011

So sorry to hear you had this problem! Next time contact your local PuroClean. Find them here at www.PuroClean.com

ServPronever again

This company is just terrible please do not waste your money!! They do take advantage of people in a bad situation. I had a small fire at my house, they showed up, uncalled and before I knew what was happening they had called my insurance company and made a deal with them(has to be a kick back somewhere) They told me how wonderful they were and how I could relax, well that was just the beginning of my nightmare!!! Told me they would have my stuff out in 2 days, it took 2 weeks, they never showed up when they said, when they did show up all the employees talked about was how they hated working there. At the start of this they told me all about the rules of how they worked and what had to be done, they did NONE of it. Finally at the end of the two weeks I had to go back to work, they told be to just leave my key and they would finish(first no no). After they got all my stuff out they said my clothes were first to be done, ok, after 2 more weeks I called looking for my clothes, we will bring them right over, so they did, all in plastic dry cleaner bags, smelling worse than when they left, they had never been cleaned just bagged like they had. Over the next few months they would bring me stuff all right but most of it was not mine, it belonged to other people I would send it back and they would bring it back to me again! I never got all my stuff back!! When I called the man who owns the Servpro he was so RUDE and told me since I did not pay them to unbox my stuff it was just tough! They stole all my great-grand-mothers linens. Antique dishes, old money you name it. Please do not use these people!!!

ServProterrible water damage company

Servpro did a terrible job and are refusing to stand by their work. I had a lot of water damage due to a leaking shower pan and they were contacted to fix it. It was a large job as my bedroom carpet, walls, shower had to be completely redone. They lost my vanity, faucets, sink etc. When finished there was a leak in the shower and water was not draining very well. I had to write a letter and they send someone to fix the leak but said the water was normal in the shower. Now I have a leak again in the same place. The plummer said it is because the shower floor was not pitched correctly according to code! The water has gone thru the tiles and grout and is leaking into the walls. I tried to contact them and was told that the warranty is only for one year! I tried calling corporate office but they are a franchise! The guy jeremy who manages this Servpro just yells at me when he is talking! I am going thru my Insurance company and they will sue them when everything is done but in the meantime I have to come up with another $1, 000 deductable!!! If they have all these complaints about their Franchises they need to do something about it! Contact McDonalds headquarters and they will! You can not use the McDonalds name if you do not meet up to their standards!!

ServProdid not do what they said they do.

Servpro,
              They came and gave us high hopes that everything is going to be ok, then put all these machines in and left and came back the next day a took a meter to the walls and said that they be back tomorrow that was a lot of water in the walls so this went on for three days the 3rd day the insurance said there is no need for them to have all of the equipment in two small rooms so they took them out and when we had to replace the kitchen floors their were water still there so they had to fix it before laiding the floor down. I read their ad on the internet and it said they remove water and deordorizer or diinfectant of mold but they did none. So that is my story please do not use this company at all.

T

Servpro Of Bluffton — very dissatisfied

Our water heater ruptured and dumped 80 gallons of water into our home. It happened at 11;30 PM on a Friday...

G

ServPro — worst experiance ever!

Worse Experience Ever! If you want a company to come in and not care about your life, belongings or how long...

S

Servpro Of Piscataway — beware!!

Servpro was hired by my apartment complex to clean the debris in the garages left by the flooding. Servpro...

P

ServPro — unprofessional

When the company first arrived in my home back in December 2010, I wanted to feel very safe and secure that...

S

ServPro — over charging and removal of unauthorized items

Our home caught fire on December 14, 2010. Two days later I contacted my insurance company. I am not sure at...

B

Servpro — lack of contract agreement

Serv Pro was hired by our insurance agency after our painter found that we had a soot problem. Once Serv Pro...

D

ServPro — avoid them like a plague

ServProthey totally overcharged my insurance company and collected high estimates and did the crappiest job ever

Servpro was the worst company ever. I will never hire them again. They totally overcharged my insurance company and collected high estimates and did the crapiest job ever. They were good at first, keeping me updated about appts and when someone would be working, but that all changed. When they did the final walk thru, I pointed out numerous things that needed to be fixed still. The carpet was installed horribly, when I vacumed the first time, the entire carpet came up at the corner seem. They also left glue marks in our cparpet upstairs. When we refused to sign off on the final work until it was done, they become nearly impossible to get ahold of. The girl at the front desk refused to transfer us to a manager becuse one was "Never Available." They glued together old molding that had cracked, even though my estimates showed that they were paid to buy new molding. The work looked like my 5 year old did it. You can still see the water seem in my celing. Be ware, this company will scam you and your insurance company for the insurance money!!!

jaye darr Jul 23, 2012

We would like to ba part of that lawsuit as well, we had a terrible experience and now they have placed a lien on our home. They lied, brought our belongings back broken and dirty and charged a ridiculous sum of money . Let us know what info you require so that we can also be part of the suit. We are meeting with a lawyer this week.

• I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company. I had a very similar experience with this franchised organization an am pursing class action. Please leave a comment if you would like to participate. Thank you.

ServProcompletely dishonest business practices

I feel that the business practices of Servpro of Freehold, NJ are completely dishonest and I feel they are preying on the unfortunate losses of the recent floods in NJ. I was not presented with any cost information or warning that there were different charges for weekends vs. weekdays. Had this been openly presented to me I would have waited until a week day or sought alternative resources.

The customer service person that was seeking payment from me was rude and kept trying to reason with me that insurance was paying anyway. This did not matter to me, I would rather keep my money then give it to Servpro.

I will be contacting the better business bureau on this matter as well.

• Js
                      jsr98908 Jun 24, 2010

It has been 1 year since SERVPRO took all of our personal belongings. We have attempted to contact SERVPRO on numerous occasions starting 2 weeks after SERVPRO took our stuff and for about 5 months after attempting to get our things back.
                      We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the billing totaling $8726.96.00 which SERVPRO provided to us last week. (April 2010) We have some concerns as outlined below:

Line item 4: You have two TV/VCR combo's listed when in fact there was only one.
                      Line item 7: You have two VCR's listed when in fact we have only one.
                      Line item 57: This lists two child rocking chairs. Then, you are charging us again for the same two child rocking chairs on line item 78.
                      Line item 110: These are the multi-colored floor tiles in the play room. We paid $20.00 for these at Costco. You are charging us $123.42 to clean them.
                      Line item 9: You are charging for cleaning two desks when in fact you only took one desk.
                      Line item 16: You are charging us $150.00 to clean a TV purchased in 1993 and then $75.00 to clean another TV from the same room that was the same size. Why the price difference?
                      Line item 17: You have 3 DVD/VCR combo's listed when in fact we only owned one.
                      Line items 23, 82 and 87: You have listed as Bookcases. We do not own a single Bookcase.
                      Line item 88: The old yellow refrigerator. You never took this to be cleaned, yet you charged for cleaning it.
                      Line item 54: The microwave is mounted in the home over the range and was never removed or cleaned, yet you charged for cleaning it.
                      Line item 100: You never removed or cleaned this item yet you charged for cleaning it.

It appears to us that SERVPRO never intended for us to see this itemized list, as you refused to provide it to us until we went to the SERVPRO corporate office, and even then it wasn't until our meeting last week that you provided it to us. We still have not been provided with a list of items for our insurance company that you removed from our home that you considered irreparable and destroyed or disposed of.

With the exorbitant fees, repeat charges, and charges for items that are non-existent, it appears to us that SERVPRO'S actions are criminal by attempting to defraud or insurance company. This matter will be forwarded to the states Attorney Generals office, the local Prosecuting Attorneys office, The BBB, and the Federal Fair Trade Commission for them to determine weather or not criminal actions have indeed transpired in this case as well as others you have been or are currently involved with.
                      Labels: cleaners, cleaning, contractors, fire, Servpro, smoke, water damage 10:39:00 AM

ServProafter they finished their job out carpet smelled worse then before

We had a puppy who refused to become potty trained, so we found her a better home, and called ServPRO to clean our carpets, that were less than a year old. When I spoke to the office manager about what they could do for us, and if they could eliminate pet odor, she informed me that pet odor is difficult to get out but that they should be able to make it better, and if the odor still remained they would come back out until I was satisfied, also after being questioned she informed me that the service techs move all furniture so we had nothing to do. We moved much of the furniture anyhow to make the job easier and quicker for the cleaners. So the day of cleaning the cleaners were prompt and on time, and nicely smelling of freshly smoked pot, they started cleaning and made sure to move furniture when I was standing in the room, but didn't move anything that was a slight inconvience for them if I wasn't around (such as childrens bed). They applied the "pet urine odor remover" only in the areas that were in the main areas of the room, not too helpful since the pet would tinkle in corners etc. We even had to ask them to get some areas before they left. An hour and half later they left, after "cleaning" 3 rooms and a hallway. After we inspected, we found many stains and areas not even wet from shampoo, so I called ServPro back as my fiance was on her hands and knees scrubbing a couple stains. They sent someone back immediately, this was the part of thier service I will compliment, the Technician came in and wore booties on his feet (which the first 2 techs did not) cleaned the stains, looked for more informed me of the products they have and how they work. He was very good. Se spent 2 hours just re-doing what the first 2 already had done.

Now the next day..the carpet smelled just as bad if not worse as it did before they came, almost like it spread the bad smell, when I called them they put me through to the Service Manager, where he told me that maybe I need to rip my padding out to get rid of the odoer, where I explained to him, his Company had did their job correctly (after the second try) but that their service doesn't seem to acutally eliminate odors, and if I was informed that it wouldn't have worked, and that I'd have had to RIP my padding out, I wouldn't have hired them, I'd have paid to have my Padding RIPPED out, so he transfered me to the office manager who told me that she never gauranteed anything, and said basically that I was lying. She asked me what I wanted, I told her I didn't want to pay, but that I expect she wouldn't grant me this because they have labor hours to recoup, again she asked me what I wanted, so I said half off would be fair, she informed me there was no way the owner would go for half off and that 30 bucks off was all she could offer, so I told her fine and hung up.

I understand they do an ok job w/ restorations, but perhaps carpet cleaning shouldn't be there thing, or at least they shouldn't gaurantee things just to retract their gaurantee..maybe I need to ask for it in writing next time..haha buyer beware I guess..I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone soley on how they approached my concerns.

• Kg
                        Kggdon Mar 16, 2011

True, I've owned one and worked for one. Yes there are those like you discribe, but it was my experience that now franchises are in such a crunch that they're no better than an untrained mom and pop. Franchises that I know BRAG about the 10K 3 room drying by keeping equipment in the home for 10 days racking up huge charges. That's not my issue, but the customer has to know that there are the ones like you discribe because on this board the other one will be discussed.

• Cf
                        CFL HDK Jun 25, 2010

I understand your frustration. I work for a SERVPRO franchise. I hope you understand that each franchise runs things a little differently. Most franchise owners should have all of their technicians go through IICRC training and certification for each area of expertise, i.e. carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, oriental rug cleaning, fire and smoke restoration, water restoration, etc. If you find yourself willing to try again, contact a SERVPRO in your area and ask them to send a tech who is CERTIFIED in whatever service you need or desire. When the tech arrives, ask them to present their certification card (should be whit with green logo and black text listing certifications).

I know there are some awful franchises out there, but please don't let it discourage you from trying another servpro. I happen to work for an amazing owner who sends everyone, even office and marketing staff for certification and training so we all know the in's and out's of the business and what to do, or more importantly, what NOT to do.

I hope this helps !

ServProthey took my money and ran

Serv Pro has either:

1. Cancelled the appointment
                      2. Not shown up to the appointment
                      3. Shown up over a half hour late to the appointment.

Not ONCE have they been on time. They are impossible to get a hold of. They don't finish their work. They took my money and ran. Very displeased.

Do not use them, even if State Farm recommends. Find your own help!