ServProdeceptive billing practices

Company placed faulty dehumidifiers in basement after water backup to dry basement. Humidifier was faulty, moisture and mold growth continued. Consumer cleaned the basement of water damaged items and called co to notify them of faulty equipment placed in home. Co removed and replaced faulty equipment. Customer invoiced for 2500.00 for rental of faulty equipment which was never stated in a written estimate. When I complained that I paid for an agreed upon price for mold prevention, they separat ed billing invoices and after I had already paid in full at agreed price, ServPro generated another invoice (not disclosed) for the placement of the faulty equipment. Threatening to place a lien. Will be complaining to Attorney General. Beware get a written estimate of all work performed by this company. They have deceptive practices and their invoicing for work performed is not clarified nor honest.

• Cf
    C. Fish Jan 31, 2012

We had four inches of water in our basement - contract with ServPro said 3 days...seven days later our insurance company called and told them to pull their fans and humidifiers out. Told us there would be daily check ins but we had to call to find out what was going on but different service people came each day with different asessment of what room was dry - on Sunday said the office was still wet and the main family room was dry. Next day the main family room was supposedly dry but the office was still wet ??!! They drilled 8 - 2 inch holes in the base of a wood vanity with no repair/replacement of the damage. Sent letter outlining issues we experienced and the overcharging us for the service - thousands of dollars! Never received response to my communications. We settled with our insurance company and we tried to work with ServPro to get the charges negotiated down per our insurance company's request but to no avail. Instead of communicating with us - got a phone call on a Friday afternoon from a collection agency telling us they were putting a lien on our home for the amount owed plus an additional $1500 in fees if we didn't pay that day and charging us with insurance fraud since we settled with the insurance company. A real mess - no communication except through collection agency and threats. Something needs to be done with this company. NEVER USE THEM NO MATTER WHAT...my insurance company has said that they gouge prices just because I have insurance and the job is done poorly and damage is done to my property with no plans to correct what was done.

• Su
    SuseeQ62 Aug 20, 2014

HORRIBLE company... We had a fire in our basement. They sent this girl out... walks in WITH the insurance adjuster. Standing in the basement with my melted dryer and burnt clothes, telling me she doesn't smell fire or smoke...REALLY??? Rude, condescending, Called the next morning, told them NOT to send her back...they defended HER...WOW...not THAT is great customer service. They send two guys out to remove the dryer...even they said how bad the smell was. But her and her insurance buddy decided THEY couldn't smell anything. We will only clean the laundry room... what about all the carpet and ceiling tiles and the clothes and bedding that smell so horriible? Their company then called me and said that we weren't stuck with them...we could call another company... BYE..SEE YA.. another great customer service tactic...We called a new company, came right out, put fans and ionizers in place to start getting rid of the smell, coming back in the morning to start cleaning EVERYTHING, and, looked at the "fan" Serve Pro left, outdated, not energy efficient, and the filters are not even in correctly... what a joke. ... Do NOT go near these people... the work for the insurance company, NOT for you..