SCSendurance sofa and chairs

M

On March 2013 I recieved a endurance sofa and two chairs off you costing £1, 981 with the leather guard and delivery in the past year I have had to call guardsman to repair the sofa twice as the so called top layer of material (leather) has started to come away on the sofa .This is now happening to one of the arms on the chair I have been informed by the engineer from guardsman that this sofa is not a real leather but you were advertising it as so .Guardsman have informed me that you have stopped making this type of sofa and have only offered me £1, 129.47 to replace my furniture so I will have to put the difference but why should I when obviously this material is faulty and you should be able to keep your sofa for longer than 3 years I look forward to hear from you .You can email me or contact me on [protected]
Many thanks

• Sh
    Sharon Udale Jan 22, 2021

I bought the endurance Barkley 2 & 3 seater sofas, so called leather and the extra insurance for 5 years cover. The coating started to bubble up in 18 months, I had to pay £85 to get them to come out and inspect it. Because of Covid it took them about 6 months to repair it, now it’s happened again only 6 months later. They sent out the same bloke to inspect it and his report says wear and tear so I have to pay £500 to get it fixed. It looks awful 😢

AngiPang Dec 28, 2020

Well since this is a continuing issue I too was told out of warranty the frame is guarantee for ten years not the material. Mine too is peeling badly it sits in the ‘best’ room so is used very occasionally cleaned twice a year with the protection kit purchased arrived with a small peeling area now like an orange scs is accountable I bought 3 sofas from the range and the other two are fine obviously there are issues

Ali G Bongo Jul 07, 2020

This is the state of my sofa

Ali G Bongo Jul 07, 2020

On 30 June 2016 we purchased a 4 seater saddle brown endurance sofa along with a footstool & the 5 year sofa guard protection. What a load of crap Endurance is. We were told it was tougher than leather etc etc & like the other complaints the top layer is peeling away & is getting worse but is only happening on one end of the sofa. Tried claiming on the Castelan cover in 2019 but was rejected & since been trying to pursue it with SCS who informed me was likely a manufacturing fault, so as requested sent them all the pictures I had taken which were sent to Head Office Upholsterer to study as due to Coronavirus wont come out to inspect. Got a reply today stating the following:- I have looked into your account and the head office upholsterer has reviewed your issues and unfortunately they have come back and said the issues are down to accidental damage within the home. The damage to the furniture is not deemed to be a manufacturing fault. What a complete joke.

• Gi
    Gilly66 Jan 05, 2020

We also had the endurance Ashley 3 seater and a 2 seater, were given a leather cleaning kit and sold to us as leather, only to find 2 years after purchasing it the 'leather' started to peel and the shop and extended warranty didn't want to know. They said it isn't leather and is not covered on the insurance. Looks terrible!!

@Gilly66 My sofa looks terrible to

• Mr
    Mrs stokes Jul 29, 2019

I bought the Ashley endurance suite had it 15 months and it started to peel everywhere contacted castelan through my extended warranty and was told it was wear & tear and that was that even though it says I’m covered for peeling leather now it is 4 years old I am disgusted and will advice anyone not to entertain this pretend leather suit and their so called extended warranty which cost an extra £200 this suite cost £1200 I’m mad as hell with scs

• De
    Denise Claxton Oct 25, 2018

I've been lucky had my ASHLEY ENDURANCE CORNER SOFA 2 YRS just one small mark but been fantastic sofa .. so think ya guys have been so unlucky and hopefully get issues resolved x

• De
    Dee Whittle1 Jul 27, 2018

I bought a suite from the endurance range and it’s all perishing. SCS sent out an inspector who rejected any claim for replacement or repair. My suite looks an absolute mess.

• Gr
    Greatwestern Nov 29, 2018

@Dee Whittle1 Hi could you tell me what your sofa was called as I am thinking of buying a sofa from scs Dawn

• El
    Elocing Jul 02, 2018

Please could someone tell me who is best to complain to. We were informed it was leather, or something along the lines of 70% leather but with a softer feel or something but just as tough as 100% leather. I now know this not to be the case. My hair gets bits in it every time I have been sitting on the sofa. I have a 2 year old who is always spilling things and the patches are getting worse and quickly. One half of the sofa that gets used more is complete ruined. It was a lot of money for something that is awful. What’s the point in supplying a leather kit for something they are now saying is fabric.

• Kn
    Knibbsey May 26, 2018

I’ve recently purchased a endurance cassius corner sofa and I was told I would have to wait 12weeks for delivery, at first I wasn’t bothered by that but today it turned up only to find out one part was sent out incorrectly. firstly I had to put up with the delivery drivers arguing that I had ordered the wrong thing even though I had the order form showing what I ordered, to then have the warehouse manager telling me it was my fault and the wouldn’t deal with it, then to call the shop in newport to be told I could either take the bit that was correct and wait for the rest or they could send me a different bit in the wrong colour until they could get the correct bit in another 12 weeks. so in my opinion scs standa for [censored] customer service.

David14082017 Aug 19, 2017

Ordered sofa 4 months ago with deliver date of 14th august, got rid of old sofa day before, since been informed that delivery will be delayed at least another 4 weeks taking it into september, checked online reviews and many others seem to have had similar experiences and now concerned with some customers stating that they have had issues with leather peeling on the same sofa that I have ordered so now feeling very stressed been on facebook scs sofa & furniture complaints group and feeling quite gutted.
    Https://www.facebook.com/groups/680820585450081/

• D8
    D86 Aug 18, 2019

@David14082017 Hi, I purchased the same sofa yesterday and am waiting for my delivery in 11 weeks time. How have you found this sofa?! I am slightly concerned too. Thanks.

• 66
    666,,, Feb 16, 2018

@David14082017 Hi sorry to stress you out more, finally got my suite 14/02/18. within 2days the top coating came off cushions looks bad starting to come arms, contacted scs sending inspector 06/03/18, will let you know what outcome is if you want me to,,,,,, c. reed,

Darren Bond Jun 02, 2017

*UPDATE*

I complained again as the insurance company just said it wasn't an 'insurable' issue and SCS offered to replace with an alternative 3 piece but none I liked so they have now refunded my £150 deposit and all monthly payments, removed the endurance sofa / chair and I have now purchased something else from another supplier.

Top marks to SCS for excellent customer service and recognising that a manufacturing fault was the issue - replace or full refund offered - great result

• La
    Ladytyke Oct 24, 2017

@Darren Bond I'd love to know how you got SCS to acknowledge there was a problem. I purchased a "Endurance" suite, delivered Feb 16, noticed the same problem around the 1 year mark, but progressively getting worse. It took a while for them to agree to inspected it and they said there's no fault! - it looks a right mess and mines not even 2 years old yet! It was advertised as - tough and robust (it's not, no small kids or pets in house), easy to clean (I dare not clean it in case it gets worse), no wonder they've stopped making it!

Darren Bond Apr 19, 2017

Well that's interesting as I have the same issue, took a cushion to the store and have been advised to claim off the insurance (which won't cover it as it's not actual accidental damage!)

Purchased on 4 years interest free and it's lasted less that 2.5 years and looks bloody awful!

I have a feeling this may get messy - endurance my #!