Having problems with SCS?

SCS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2008. The latest review Colour change was posted on Oct 9, 2021. The latest complaint Carpet fitting was resolved on Aug 13, 2020. SCS has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 320 reviews. SCS has resolved 26 complaints.

SCS Customer Service Contacts

+44 800 731 0048 (Online Sales Team)
+44 191 521 9521 (Furniture After Care)
+44 191 514 6414 (Flooring After Care)
45-49 Villiers Street
Thu9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SCS Customer Service. Initial SCS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SCS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SCS. Discuss the issues you have had with SCS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SCS Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

May 25, 2021

SCS — Sofa

Reference number: S0086-4007301 I am writing to complain about the length of time it has taken for my sofa...

SCSEndurance sofa cost almost £1900 5 years 5 months ago

Only myself and my husband. Complained to scs told me it isn't leather and yet when I bought it I was told it was leather and given a free leather pack to clean it.
They said it is out of warranty and insurance finished no one would take responsibility. Manager told me to get an independent survey done. But stated the suite is leather, bonded pieces put together which is peeling They won't accept responsibility. Absolutely disgusted as we paid a lot of money for something which isn't leather. They are fleecing people of hard earned cash.

Endurance sofa cost almost £1900 5 years 5 months ago

May 21, 2021

SCS — Marks on the newly decorated walls following stair carpet being laid.

On 5th May 2021 Danny and his brother fitted my stairs and landing carpets. Immediately afterwards, but not...

SCSLack of Customer Care

Had whole house carpeted. They had to replace half of it due to poor fitting.
    Had 3 piece suite, Delivery person dumped furniture and stole my credit card and went on a spending spree.
    No apology or any form on componence.
    Chair broken. Took 10 months to sort engineer to come out. When he does he does not have the parts (told were ordered) to fix chair.
    When I ring to chase up I found out the parts have been lost.
    Still no chair fixed.
    I have had enough. These are just the highlights.
    Please help, they do not have a complaints department, just an escalations team who really do not care about my situation.
    Please help

May 12, 2021

SCS — Cancelled delivery of furniture

On the afternoon of the 3rd May 2021, we visited SCS Coventry with the intention of purchasing a three piece...

SCSSofa

I purchased the sofa July 2020, it was delivered later than expected in October. They guys who delivered it had trouble with one of the units but seem to be OK when he left. After a few weeks of having the sofa i noticed the seam alignment was way off from a recliner to the unit. Also a back was very loose and baggy cloth on the corner unit. I called SCS and they sent out a lady to inspect the issues i had, on New Years eve for 3 hours to rectify these issues. When she left i still wasn't that happy and the chairs where not connected back properly. I called again. They sent her out again in February, she tightened the bracket and basically said to put something under my sofa so it sat higher so the brackets would stay together and that i would just need to push back the seat to tighten the material, she kept saying that different carpets make things sit different and will never be level. I paid £1850 for this and i expected it to be good. The bracket was also tighten as had come loose she noticed the brackets on the other recliner were loose and that she didn't have time to do as she was only allocated an hour. She was due to come out again to tighten the recliner brackets and place a foam pad under the corner unit as the material is very baggy and will wear very soon. In March when she was due i had a call saying she was off sick and then rebooked for yesterday 5/5 with a different company called Home serve. He said its where the brackets don't stay connected makes the sofa come loose. He ended up putting screws in the back to hold in place so it would stay lined up, which i said to do but shouldn't have to. He also tightened the brackets as they came loose, i see the brackets being an issue for ever with this also the brackets that hold the units together are going to keep coming loose! I have had to take 3 afternoons off work to be there to get these issues sorted and have lost money through no fault of my own. I didn't take out the extended warranty as didn't feel the need to i kind of wished i had now. I am a very dissatisfied customer. I look forward to hearing from you.
      Kind regards
      Gemma Titmus

Apr 01, 2021

SCS — Fitted carpet

I purchased a carpet from SCS Wallsend store on the 30/12/20 The carpet was fitted on the 26/01/21, we...

SCSAnother sagging sofa!!

Good evening,

I am claiming that scs kirkcaldy is in breach of contract because I specifically requested a firm sofa when making the purchase. Within the first 2 months, the sofa began to sag. Having informed scs of this, they sent an upholsterer (donald) out who inspected the goods and advised me that there was a design flaw and that the sofa required to be repaired or replaced. I have contacted scs several times but they have advised there is nothing wrong with the sofa. That being the case why did donald advise otherwise?

• Updated by VikkiR · Apr 03, 2021

These are some photo's. I will be looking at getting an independent report after Easter Holidays to add here.

Comments

• Updated by VikkiR · May 17, 2021

Natsam, I'm so please for you, I unfortunately still have my SCS sagging sofa, I wish they would just collect it and refund me. I probably would not have noticed if it was sagging when delivered because I have poor vision also, I'm not the healthiest person which is why I am so disappointed. You think you can trust a large company like SCS to be fair with their customers but for me this certainly has not been the case. Natsam thank you for sharing your experience because at least I now know my sofa was not the only Endurance Sagging Sofa.

• Updated by VikkiR · May 21, 2021

Hi Natsam, Yes Please email/ contact numbers would be very helpful and if there is a case number, If you have a copy of the report that you could send me that would really help my case. Thank you, my e-mail ([email protected]). Thank you again for your help, wish me luck.

• Na
            Natsam May 16, 2021

Purchased the exact sofa which was delivered in February . Immediately noticed the seat cushions sagging and phoned to complain. A technician came out and agreed the fault. Unfortunately then had to spend week after week emailing and calling to obtain a refund which I managed last week. The technician agreed they had used an inferior foam and was not fit for purpose

• Na
            Natsam May 19, 2021

@Natsam VikkiR, I would persist with your complaint unfortunately if you made the complaint after 30 days I think a refund may be tricky but I would certainly argue the case or at least a repair or replacement. Feel free to use our case as it was the same sofa made at the same time and declared faulty by a technician that they sent. I can send email/contact numbers if you don't have any. Yes I agree the company are well below standard in terms of quality and after care.

SCSEndurance corner suite

Our suite started wearing 1 and a half years after we bought it and has got steadily worse. I rang the store and told them, they said they could send someone out to look at it for a price but they didn't think it would make a difference as they would put it down as wear and tear. We registered for the 10 year warranty and have had the suite 5 year. There are only 2 of us live here and some of the seats don't get sat on so we are wondering why it has worn so badly.

• Vi
              VikkiR Mar 31, 2021

My sofa is also a Endurance and started to sag after just two months, very disappointing. I have been told nothing is wrong with it but because it's sagging it's causing me back and neck pain.

SCSAftercare

Below is part of the original email sent on the 3/3/2020. With the lockdown there would not have been a point in any body coming out to repair, I was called a few times and received an email regarding a call. I returned a call last week to be told that they didn't know who called and it could have been the manufacturer's, yet the number left on the answer machine is the number I called (scs), I received a letter today off the manufacturer's to which I emailed SCS regarding the letter, then I received a phone call about the email complaining about the charge I would incur, I then explained that I had insurance which was brought up last year but I was never advised to make a claim until today.
            The part I don't understand is why wasn't I ever advised to make a claim with the insurance and why did SCS try to organise a visit especially with the time frame this has taken.

Hi we purchased two sofas from yourselves about fourteen months ago, we have just noticed the on the three seater sofa that the material has started thread from a areas that would not be generally touched, please see photos attached.
            Our order number was SCS order confirmation S7777-3781642.
            Generally we have throws over the sofas to assist with protecting them.
            We do have cover for the sofas but wouldn't this be a fault.

• Updated by Stephen English · Jan 25, 2021

Thank you for contacting ScS, in order for us to effectively handle your enquiry could you please provide the following information:

Name Stephen English
                Address 20, Kilbury drive
                Post code Wr52ng
                Telephone Number [protected]
                Account Number (if Applicable)
                Nature of your enquiry
                I may have sent the original email in the wrong direction, please find below the email I sent.
                Our order number was SCS order confirmation S7777-3781642.
                Generally we have throws over the sofas to assist with protecting them.
                We do have cover for the sofas but wouldn’t this be a fault.
                Thanksimage5.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Sent from my iPad

SCSThree piece suit

I bought a threrpice suite from s c s in Gloucester and while still under guarantee the leg of the settie came off. We contacted SCS about the problem and they sent out a engineer to fix the problem. After a few weeks the same thing happened again. So we phoned scs again and tjey sent out the engineer again to fix it. Then after a few weeks same thing jsppend again so now we have a three piece suite with a house brick undet one corner of tje settie and we are waiting for the engineer to fix the problem again. Surely if the settie keeps breaking they should replace it or refund my money.

SCS3 & 2 leather suite delivered on 210st october 2020

I bought this suite and was delivered on time, I have had it 4 weeks then it started sagging and the material stretching contact SCS who sent out an Expert LOL. The suite is a mess in my opinion and the report was even more laughable, why is he even in a job?? Company man or not I have my consumer rights and this suite is not fit for purpose and if nothing is being done about as he says in his report, I will take this the whole road if you don't sort this out. I am not happy with it and should be replaced. I am well within my rights
                SO-[protected]

SCSCarpet fitting

We had a carpet fitted on the 27th October it was the wrong color and the was poorly fitted. contacted SCS and complained told it would be sorted then told I would have to wait till the correct carpet was available the 23rd of November told them it was not good service but I would have to wait also told them the carpet fitted by mistake was dangerous as it was a trip hazard.
                  well on the 23rd November got the phone call told we were getting the carpet fitted on the 8th of December and would have to take the day off as they could not give a time.
                  today the 5th December phone call telling me your not getting it now as they don't have the carpet and could not give me a date when this would be resolved.

Dec 02, 2020

SCS — Missold information

I had my sofa delivered this morning but the delivery men could not get the sofa through the flat door. I wa...

Nov 24, 2020

SCS — Sofa delivery

Purchased sofa 30/08/20, paid deposit, never got a receipt so I had to chase it up. We have been given 3...

SCSCarpet delivery and complaint handling

I can honestly say I have never dealt with a company who's customer service is as shocking as it is in SCS. Ordered and paid up front for a stair and landing carpet. They delivered the wrong colour TWICE. Eventually got my money back after several months of complaining to a brick wall - no response from them and no apology!! Taking it to the ombudsman now. Stay away from this utterly incompetent company

SCSFlooring

On 6th October I ordered a carpet paying £642, they said it would be delivered and fitted on 15th October, they called to change the fitting to 5th November, they called again to change to 11th November, they called again to change to 14th December, so I cancelled, the store manager said I'd be refunded in 48hrs, since then they ignore my emails and calls.

SCSCarpet

I ordered a carpet for my son to be fitted in august 2020, all good until they had my money and then I get a call to say they can't fit on the day provided as they had to order carpet in, they then provide a date in october which also got cancelled as the only fitter they have had a death in the family, now rescheduled for the 3rd time for 6th november 2020, I have asked to change the underlay to a thinner one as door will not go over it, get a call to say they will give me a £50 voucher for fitters, (carpet fitting is not free the fitters work privately so any carpets brought from scs will have to pay for fitting) then they say if fitters can't change I will have to pay more for cheaper underlay. Avoid at all costs, I wish someone had told me this before they had my money

SCSFurniture sofas kidderminster

Purchased 2 exra wide electric leather reclining chairs in june 2018. During the last few weeks when pressing the reclining button both chairs smooth reclining action is interrupted by a jolt on the footrest of the chairs and a noise of metal against metal. My husband being in his eighties me just behind him we are very concerned that the chairs may malfunction and let us down

SCSCarpet fitter

Scs carpet was being delivered and fitted and the carpet fitter offered for him to do it cheaper, he wanted £500 to pay for the carpet up front, I haven't seen him since. How come scs have untrustworthy fitters come into people's home, vulnerable elderly like me, without doing a proper check on these self employed people. I am not the only one to complain, one fitter is wanted by police for assaulting a woman. How can I get my money back without getting attacked.