Schneider NationalTermination

Some time after going through orientation and finally getting the perfect team partner, we were on the road going through Wyoming in March. A blizzard shut down I-80 east and westbound, so we stopped in the Little America truck stop parking lot. After about two hours of blizzard conditions, I decided to get a couple of beers to blow off some steam from some hard running. I thought nothing of it, but the snitch who saw me buy the beer and follow me to the truck had other ideas. I was never told in oreintation and have read CDL manuals from several states that say nothing about it. The highway was shut down for 18 hours, and being a team, we would be ready for the next shift. We were contacted on the Qualcom and sent to a hotel room immediately. The next morning we were contacted by our DBL, and without any kind of program or some sort of way to be put back in their graces we were terminated on the spot. They arranged for a rental, and that was that. When I returned the rental and sent in the receipts for reembersment they said that the prices didn't match the negotiated price. I told them I had nothing to do with the bargain and expected to be reimbersed for what I had spent. Instead I was stuck with 400+ dollars worth of the bill. Not only were we terminated with no program for reinstatement, I was stuck with a bill of more than $400. Out of a job in BFE, forced to get a rental I didn't agree to, and stuck with a bill I didn't have money for. Now I have a busted bank, a ###ed up record and little possibility of second chance to prove myself. Had I to do it again, of course I would get the motel room first, knowing spies are everywhere, and just know that those people who snitch will get there just deserves.

• De
    DESHA Jul 17, 2013

I TOTALLY DISAGREE. IF YOU TOOK BEER TO THE VEHICLE THAT'S GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES ON A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE.