SavingsAceFraud, fraud, fraud

I conducted my bi-monthly credit card statement online. What do I find there but a mysterious charge of $19.95 from www.savingsace.com. Now, I know that I didn't authorize the charge. Frankly, I haven't bought clothes in the last six or seven months. And, I am not a consumer. I live simply. I am not looking for major deals when it comes to shopping. I buy some things online, but not the things listed on www.savingsace.com.

I called the toll free number on my statement, immediately. The first thing that the computerized voice asked for was a membership number. Since, I didn't authorize this charge, I don't know my membership number. But, they are slick. They requested my credit card number. I gave it to them. The computerized voice guided me through the process of canceling. After I canceled, the computerized voice gave me my membership number. I called back to speak to a live person. I spoke with Shauna (I.D. 700070). I informed her that I thought that since this erroneous charge occurred within the last two weeks that it should be reversed. She stated that it will be reversed. So, I suppose that I can't say that I was ripped off. The company did reverse the charges.

It was a waste of my time, however. I think that this case serves as a warning to all that when one signs up for one service (such as MyLife.com), there are other services waiting in the wings to steal all of your information and take money right from under you. It is a form of organized crime. Now, I'm not sure that I trust MyLife.com. It was formerly Reunion.com. I signed up because of an e-mail advertisement that claimed that someone was searching for me. It turned out that someone did in fact look for me. The Gold Membership that I purchased on MyLife.com does not reveal the name of the person 'searching' for me. I feel like a total fool. I'm old as dirt and should have known better, I suppose. But, when my membership led to another charge from another company that I would never be interested in, I became furious.

I have filed this Complaintsboard.com to warn everyone that Reunion.com, now MyLife.com, is a scam outfit designed to relieve you of your money. Who knows what other companies might be affiliated with this company that does not connect anyone with anyone? They prey on people with fond memories of teenage and young adult years who are interested in connecting with old friends. The problem is that they keep stringing the member along with higher levels of membership to get the 'golden egg' of a connection with old friends. In the end, there isn't anyone to connect with. It is all a game that they play to keep the money flowing in.

• Ba
    barbara bradford Apr 04, 2009

what is this I? I didn't order this
    Barbara Bradford

• Ha
    Harriet Apr 09, 2009

How do I cancel this membership to SavingsAce? I don't want the $20.00 you offered me for signing up for the 30 day free trial. Just keep it and take my name off your list and don't charge my credit card. I don't like shopping on line, I like to go to the stores and pick out what I like. This shopping on the computer is for very busy people and I'm retired. Cancel my my membership.
    Reference ID# is: [protected]
    Name of Harriet
    I'm mailing a copy of this letter to:
    Member SavingsP.O.Box 5152
    Des Plaines, IL [protected]

• Al
    allie mcgraw May 25, 2009

my card was debit 19.95...i did not sign up or give a credit card number.

Martha Williams Jun 19, 2009

I agree completely--I could have written it myself! I did not order it, but there it is on my bank statement-and I cannot get any access to them to cancel. MyLife was so nasty when I called them to see if they could help that I cancelled them. Only difference is that I was not able to get my money returned-

• Me
    MEAGUERO Jun 28, 2009

I AGREE COMPLETELY. ALTHOUGH THEY DID NOTIFY ME AFTER I SIGNED UP FOR MYLIFE.COM. THE E-MAIL STATES THAT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS THEIR AUTHOURIZATION TO CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED TO HAVE THE MEMBERSHIP COSTS CANCELLED. I WAS IMMEDIATELY E-MAILED THE CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION.
    THIS HAPPENED ON JUNE 26, 2009. MEA

macbeth_jane Jul 11, 2009

saveace sent me a bill of 19.95 today july 11 2009. i have never knowingly register for any service with them.
    they claim to have gotten my info from mylife.com. i hope i will recieve no more bills from all this fraudsters.

My life.com is connected to SAVEACE and also known as reunion.com. I've being recieving numerous payment on my debit card. I believe they distribute your account number to all this fraudulent company which then start making unauthorised billing.

I recieved two times billing of 4.95. i called my life and was told it was a non-refundable fee for accessing mylife.com members contacts. This was after i paid a $60 dollar one year subscription fee in june 2009 for that same purpose.

I was then billed 19.95 today july 11 2009 from saveace. Which i have no clue who they are. I called mylife.com on [protected] asking them if they knew something about the billing because i know for a fact that i never used the card for any online billing accept for mylife.com bill. mylife.com denied giving savingace my acct information but accepted giving them my email address. I called savingAce on [protected] giving them the account info i used to sign up for mylife.com and i spoke to a representative who told me that mylife.com gave them all my log on details including my credit card number.

which draws a conclusion that mylife.com sells your private information to other fraudulent websites

• Gl
    Glenn Singleton Jul 11, 2009

I Recently gave My Life a debit card for 3 month trial membership. Today 7-11-09 SAVEACE debited my Acct for $19.95 . I have never heard of these people.I intent to report this to highest Authority I can Find. All money has been transfered to another acct. I will cancell debit card when Bank opens, These folks need to be shut down.Are they from Nigeria? Glenn Singleton, Leesburg, Ga.

SAVINGACE Aug 01, 2009

I AGRE WITH ALL OF YOU. YOU SEE THEY ALSO TRYED TO GET ME,
    BUT I WAS THE ONE WHO OUT SMARTED THEM. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SAVING ACE OR WHO THEY ARE, I'VE ORDERED MYLIFE.COM BUT I GOT THIS SAVING ACE TO. I WAS BILLED $1995
    AND I DID DISPUTE IT. HOWEVEVER THEY BILLED ME AGAIN THIS MONTH SO I CALLED THEM AND ASK THEM WHY DID YOU BILL ME AGAIN ON MY CREDIT CARD? THEY LIED AND SAID THAT THEY DID NOT. SO NOW YOU KNOW THEY ALSO LIKE TO PLAY GAMES.

WES

SAVINGACE Aug 01, 2009

I'VE ORDERED MYLIFE ON MY CREDIT CARD AND GOT SAVINGACE TO. I NEVER REQUEST FOR A MEMBERSHIP. BUT I WAS BILLED ANY WAY.

• He
    heather kazek Aug 20, 2009

ok so is there a number to reach saving ace or my life??

• Tv
    tvp2009 Oct 14, 2009

This kind of things occur when you order some "free" stuff from the internet, or buy something promotional.
    Always read everything when you checking out. Sometimes you don't even need to check the box (it's already done). But if you don't want any strange memberships you have to uncheck it! If you didn't you usually have 2 trial weeks and they would bill you after that. The only thing to avoid it is to pay attention!

• Tr
    tracy rowland Nov 10, 2009

I too agree. I was not aware at the time i was signing up for mylife that I would get another charge down the line for 19.95. Savings grace said they would cancel my order which i never agreed to on the first place. They said it would be between 3 to 5 days before I saw my credit of 19.95 back in my account. i am going to cancel mylife as well even if i will be out of 23.88 for that. this sucks how people just rip you off.

marylbob Nov 23, 2009

I did sign up for MY LIFE and used it to get addresses for our 50th reunion. But last month I noticed a $19.95 charge that I thought must be MyLife.com. Of course, now we know it was not that but a bogus savings club, I do not want and did not ask for. The name and address on the account are not mine but the e-mail address and credit card number are. I am now trying to contact them but get an AT&T message box where you need a 10 digit access number to contact someone. I also e-mailed Savings Ace through their website...I had to ask for my "membership" number first by e-mail. I am now sending several e-mails via various channels and alerting my credit card company. I am now considering what to do about MY LIFE.

[protected]@aol.com

• Jw
    j-wa Nov 30, 2009

I had the same thing happen. I called the number (MVQ*SAVEACE [protected] CT) on my statement. They asked for my credit card number - very clever. I didn't give it to them, but pressed "0" and waited 10 mins for someone to come on the line. The fact that they offered a full refund, without question, surely suggests they are a scam. They didn't even try to justify the charge. It was a fairly easy transaction, but I'm waiting to see if the refund materializes. Even though they supposedly refunded my money (jury's still out) it was still an aggravating waste of time and energy, not to mention how little Warren Buffet needs my 24.95 to sit in his account (with everyone else's money from this) for two weeks earning interest. ###.

• Bu
    Butthead515 Dec 09, 2009

I used Intelius to check for addresses of 2 ex friends. Went for the $1.95 per search rather than the $.95 special, knowing that I would probably by signed up for something I didn't want. Not only were the addresses inacurate, I was unknowingly signed up for a free 7 day trial membership in Saveace. After the 7 day period it becomes a $24.95 per month charge. Noticed the unauthorized charge on my monthly statement and called the [protected] no.. When the automated system asks for your membership and cc card no. push "o" and wait for a rep., explain to them that you didn't request a membership and you demand a refund. Mine was credited within 36hrs. over the weekend. Sent an e-mail to Intelius camplaining about their buisiness practice. recieved a response 4 days later stating that my account shows that a 2nd authorization was made. Called Intelius to verify, was told that after you make the payment, an "advertisement" for Saveace appears, and that "all you have to do is be able to read", and push the "no" button. ### is being too kind, more like slimy, ### SOBs. CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENTS CAREFULLY AFTER USING AN ONLINE PEOPLE SEARCH SITE!

• Pg
    pgjcomplaints Jan 24, 2010

I was charged 19.99 to my credit card by savingsace even for motnhs that I did not have a membership.
    Savings Ace is the worst sales company. I called up their customer service and was talking tot he people from hell's bowels.

Never sign up for SavingsAce, they are fraudsters to the core!!!

• Co
    Connis Hall Feb 24, 2010

totally agree!!! They charged 19.95 per month for something I never ordered. I agreed to $8.95 for my life reunion and got charged this for not 1 person who looked for me. What a rip-off. I called and they said they would refund the money within 2-3 days we will see. Buyer beware on this one.

• Ro
    Ron Fuld Mar 03, 2010

They got me for $19.95 X 2. They even sent me an e-mail stating that they were sorry for the inconvenience and would crdit all the money back to my account. That was a good joke. Strangely enough as a rule I wasn't checking my Bank of America credit card statement since I really wasn't using it and just naturally thought there would be a zero balance on it. I guess those of you who share this experience can imagine what went through my mind when I realized that I was ripped off. Strangely, I never sign up for anything on the internet and am still puzzled as to where they got my info from.

marylbob Apr 20, 2010

I did manage to contact Save Ace via the 1-888 phone # and was given a few hoops to jump through but with persistence, I got to speak to an "authorized" person who cheerfully apologized. A bit of good cop/bad cop between the rep and the "manager." My account was soon credited but I did find out it came about from joining Classmates.com. Somehow I pressed a button that authorized the purchase and they got the credit card # from my entry on Classmates.com. I think we should pressure Classmates.com to stop linking to SAVEACE. I have learned my lesson.

• Fa
    FAT CMZ Apr 21, 2010

Watch out if you use INTELIUS. I ordered a background check on a phone number that was threatening me. I always double check to see if they are trying to give me an extra charge for something. They definitely had to take my information from them.

• Kn
    knight559 May 11, 2010

Follow the prompts on the phone menu and enter either the last 4 digits of your SS# or your acct # to access a live person.
    Because I was not diligent and had college kids in 2 different locations around the state and thought the charges were their's; I neglected to questions the recurring charges. This past week with one now home, I found that the charges were not their's and that somehow I had authorized the charging last Feb 18, 2009. Using hints from this website, I was able to contact someone at Save Ace. The first person on May 8 Mimi said without hestitation, she could refund the past 2 months within 2 business days and it would show up on my statement within 3-5 days. She then transfer me to her supervisor Gloria who readily looked up my acct and said without hesitation again would refund all the charges back to and including Feb 2009 and they would be done within 2 business days and show up on my acct within 3-5 days.
    On May 10, my credit acct showed a individual credit for all 15 charges totaling $ 308.25 for a hppy ending. I have since then canceled my membership on the Reunion.com site( now know as MyLife)which I believe is the source of my problem.
    Good luck to all

• Ka
    kay b Jun 09, 2010

Rec'd call today offering $25.00 gift card from Wal-mart and $200.00 Gas card for $1.99 shipping fee. All I had to do was provide Savingsace w/my CrCrd #.

So GLAD I decided to check out the complaint board first.

K

• Bo
    Bornatnite-butnotlastnite Jul 20, 2010

I too was "SCAMMED", and it was by mylife.com.I received a notice like everyone else saying 2 ppl were looking for me..I took out the 1 month "FREE" membership (which I believe cost 9.95 and started noticing 19, 95 charges on my statement for 4 months.Thought it was something my son was doing and when I called the bank and got there number I realized that I had not authorized savingace to withdraw money on my debit card nor was I a customer!I am furious and think that they should be dealt with by the consumer protection or faud under the law.If they have done this too all of us whom have wrote on this board, just imagine ALL the folks they have taken money from that doesn't realize whats going on???

jay buring Jul 31, 2010

why dont we all e mail the attorney general or call your bank an cancel your card an get a new number that they cant charge to.

• Du
    durelnalla Aug 15, 2010

Savingsace are on several websites and somehow steal your credit card number and bill you 19.95 for nothing every month until you learn how to cancel. Here's how you cancel. First of all, call the police and tell them of this scam. Then go to a computer and go to www.savingsace.com. You should find a box to fill in your account number and zip code. Your account number is the first number you find on your credit card bill in the description column to the right of SAVINGSACE. The next number is the phone number for savingsace starting at 888. Forget about the phone number because you will get a bunch of robots telling you to push 1, or 2, or 3, or whatever and it will take you a lot of time to get to a real human on the other end. Once you get to your account page, find the cancel button and push that. Another page will come up and it will say you will be getting an email soon verifying that you have cancelled. I also recommend that you call your credit card company and change your number.

• Ke
    Keith H. Langston Aug 30, 2010

Unauthorized charge of $19.95 on my credit card. I have never even heard of this company.

• Jm
    jmowl Aug 31, 2010

for mother day i order flowers for my wife with as it was free shipping i did not know about this slick trick of enrollment in to this plan of 34.95 / i called you can't talk to them i was on the phone way to long all i could do was stop it no way to get my money back

jmowl

[protected]@yahoo.com

• St
    Stephen A Sep 24, 2010

SAVINGSACE a back door deal. I call the number with the charge I found on my account and got some womans answering machine. I call my bank and explain that I did not authorize this charge, so they disputed it. When I went to mylife, I was trick into signing up for a year. Now I find out there is no refund. All I can do is turn off the automatic renewal, I am sure I will have to go back once in a while to make sure it is off. The saveingsace was also a trick, they do not say there is a $19.95 charge for saveings you will never get. I got lucky I found it the same day the charge hit the bank.
    They are counting on people who only check thier bank account only once a month or who make so many purchase's they do not see it. I check my bank account at lease once a day or every other day and I keep track of all my debit card uses.
    Always read the find print or what they call agreement, privacy statement. It is sometimes about 10 - 20 pages long and how much it is going to cost you is at the end. I sometimes fast foward throug it tell I see some dollar signs then I slow down and read it.

Microsoft Excel is a good program to use, I am able to keep track of where my money is going, how much I spend, what I buy, I can even set up charts. It has a very good help program that will teach you what you need to know. This is just the tip there is much more you can do with it.

• Pa
    Paul M. Bret Dec 20, 2010

What a society we live in. Everyone has access to who you are one way or another. This really infuriates me to no end. We-citizens of this great establishment want to get in touch with old friends or find a family member and they take advantage of us-shame on them. What comes around goes around and I will find the source and stop it. Actually this is stealing which in this country we all live in is illegal-so why does this continue and why can't this be stopped. We are all in the wrong profession according to this crap!

• La
    lansgrl123 Dec 28, 2010

This just happened to me. I used MyLife.com to look up someone and immediately discontinued it, this was in October 2010. Now, December 28, I have a charge from savingsace for 19.95 and it wasn't until I said I would contact my attorney general did they agree to refund my money. After calling MyLife, I was told they do not keep my credit card number yet Savingsace (or whatever it is) was able to charge my account. I am calling my attorney general. DO NOT use mylife, it is a scam, you can get the same exact info on whitepages.com, if there is no info, you don't get it. Also, the charge from savingsace would never have happened if I'd never given my credit card #.

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

Called today to check on My Debit Card Balance, when I checked My Account On-Line Noticed They Billed my Debit Card today for $22.94 I Never Signed up for anything with them, Never Gave them My Credit Card Number.In fact I have No Clue Who They Even are, What They Sell Or, Anything Else About them.Called The Company that Issued My Credit Card and I'am Disputing the charges! I have better things that I can do with My Money than to give it to Peoople I Dont Owe Money to & Those People should be in Prison for Credit Card Fraud!

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

Dont feel like your all alone, I would have to be the Biggest Fool of them All-Scammed By My Life.Com, People were Looking for Somebody with My Name, So They Billed My Debit Card $11.95, Then 3 times $1.15 each time, My Debit Card was Billed& It was'nt Even Me that anybody was looking for.Today I Checked My Balance on My Debit Card to find a Shortage of $22.94 from some thing calles savingsace.com, I Have No Clue Who they even are, Have Never Done Business with them & Never Authorizied them to bill My Credit Card for Anything, And from what I'am reading On-Line about this Place They may be Billing Me Every Month for several Months Or, They Think they will, What they Dont Know is I Will Empty That Debit Card Account Tomorrow at The Closest ATM I can Find & Pay Off the Bills on it that I Owe & Cancel that Card IF The Company that Issued Me That Debit Card (MONEY NETWORK) wont Work with Me on that Bill from them, They will No Longer have Me as a Customer to Kick around Either!This Old Lady has enough Bills to Pay without Low-Life [censor] Stealing from Me!

• Pa
    Pammiehonie Jan 05, 2011

I was a little bit more fortunate the only charge to my credit card was MyLife.com. of $15.95. The only reason why I even agreed to become a member was of mylife.com is that they e-mailed me that people I had inquired about in the past where now looking for me. I was so excited that I can see why innocent people would agree to this. I filled out the application process on-line of course, which seems simple enough. No where on their site did it say that it would directly go to acesavings.com and that you then would have to agree to their terms before you can truly see (what they say are people looking for you). Well I was hesitant but again, I have been trying to found these 3 people from my past...so I felt forced into agreeing now with savingsace.com for a $19.95 per/mth chg. so you can discounts on retailers of all sorts.

I now able to go and see if my Old friends, or so I thought I was. Once on the site, I became very, very dissappointed. It seems all they did was take these 3 names, that I've inquired via many different websites, (ex: Bing, Facebook, Google etc...)
    Regardless of the other websites, mylife.com clearly said now that these 3 people where looking for me. Not me looking for them and they had new relsults on my inquiries...Like I said they made me believe they were looking for me...(What .#*[email protected]*!).

I just cancelled my memebership with mylife.com and S/W Shenea, she agreed to cancel and to credit my card of $15.95. Confirmation#[protected].

I then called savingsace.com S/W Nicole and she agreed that my card will not be charged whatsoever;
    Confirmation#700063.

I was so glad to see all the above complaints and I think that both sites should be charged for Fraud, and extoration of comsumers. Who's say to now that other sites, do not have all our personnal information, that could ruin innocent people of their credit. (Especially the elderly whom, would love to be able to contact lost relativess & friends)

If anybody starts getting fraudulent charges or somehow they owe $ they did not know about and now it shows on their credit report. Please, please contact the appropiate authorities And if possible all others of have complained on this site. So that others can check thier resources for fraudlent activites. If this does happen we all might have a law-suit against these companies.

• Do
    donald mcgrath Jan 11, 2011

I just renued my My Life and was charged an extra $19.95 4 the savings club ( saving ace ) and I called 2 B refunded and was denied from there I talked 2 a supervisor named Veronica and was told again that there was not 2 B a refund so I said how unhappy I was and because of that she was sorry that I was disatisfied but no refund. I told her that because of that I would B canceling my membership with my life, then 2 no avail she said she would make a one time gesture and refund my money back. So thank U Veronica and if this happens don't give up and B cordial and hopefully U will get your money back. don m

• Ic
    i cant seem to get a break Jan 29, 2011

what about travelocity i used them a few months ago and to save 20.00 you open a website than you go back because it seems a bit to good to be true and bam passporttofun.com scams you 19.95 and obviously a sister company to them is also savingsace.com hell both hit me twice 80.00 shamika 700338 cancelled my membership but hell who`s to say there not selling our c.c. numbers to someone else or even affiliated with c.c. company o well keep it b.k here we come

• Je
    JerryJr Feb 07, 2011

Since sep 2009 savingsace has been taking 34.95 from my account, i make a lot of debit card purchases daily and so it looked like a normal purchase until i noticed it was always at the first on the month. Turns out Savings Ace took 629.10 in 18 charges out of my account and claim i didn't uncheck a little box when i made an online Walmart card purchase. I called company and they offered to refund me one month.

• Ro
    Robert Hendershot Feb 15, 2011

My credit card was charged $ 19.90 on February 11, 2011. I did not authorize this charge.

• Ru
    Rubria Apr 01, 2011

I agree these are a bunch of lying thieves that steal from unsuspecting people. They made two charges to on the same day (3/9/11) to my debit card for the same quantity and placed me on negative. the names of the companies were SAVINGSACE phone: [protected] and the other was HOMESAVINGSMA phone: [protected]. They tricked my husband using my card by telling him that they were going to give him an amazing discount on gasoline. Be careful of all these lying thieving rats!!!

Jan Brajer Apr 01, 2011

My name is Jan Brajer.I am being charge on monthly bases for something I never agree.

• Ha
    Haanda Apr 06, 2011

This is honestly the most fraudulent company I have ever dealt with. 2 months ago I had received what I thought was a good deal because I thought I was receiving a free $200.00 gas card. While I was signing up, I was rushed through the process by an agent that was less than friendly and did not fully understand the terms and conditions. I was then supposed to receive an email regarding everything and was lead to believe that I had 2 weeks to cancel. The next week I found a charge for $25 on my account and had still recieved no email from Savings 8. I immediately called the company to dispute the charges. They told me that I had already passed the cancellation period and would not be refunded for the amount. I told them that I did not want the product because I had been led to believe something other than what they were telling me. The lady on the phone finally agreed to refund the money if I returned the merchandise upon its arrival. Mind you this was the beginning of Feb. 2011

Now, today I was looking at my card statement and saw another charge on my account of Savingsace for $19.95. I immediately called the phone number that was listed on the charge: [protected] and was first asked to provide information. Because I knew they already had my phone number on file, I just used that rather than putting in my card number. I was put on the phone with a woman whom I asked why I had this charge on my card. She said that this was an active account. I told her that that couldn't be right becuase I had cancelled it. She told me she could not refund me and I then told her to transfer me to someone that could help me. I was then put on the phone with "Rick" her supervisor. I told him the situation and he told me that the there was not record of me calling to cancel. I said that is incorrect. Finally after telling him that I would only accept a refund and a cancellation that he finally agreed to.

AVOID SAVINGSACE AT ALL COSTS!! Everything they say is too good to be true.