SavingsAceFraud, fraud, fraud

I conducted my bi-monthly credit card statement online. What do I find there but a mysterious charge of $19.95 from www.savingsace.com. Now, I know that I didn't authorize the charge. Frankly, I haven't bought clothes in the last six or seven months. And, I am not a consumer. I live simply. I am not looking for major deals when it comes to shopping. I buy some things online, but not the things listed on www.savingsace.com.

I called the toll free number on my statement, immediately. The first thing that the computerized voice asked for was a membership number. Since, I didn't authorize this charge, I don't know my membership number. But, they are slick. They requested my credit card number. I gave it to them. The computerized voice guided me through the process of canceling. After I canceled, the computerized voice gave me my membership number. I called back to speak to a live person. I spoke with Shauna (I.D. 700070). I informed her that I thought that since this erroneous charge occurred within the last two weeks that it should be reversed. She stated that it will be reversed. So, I suppose that I can't say that I was ripped off. The company did reverse the charges.

It was a waste of my time, however. I think that this case serves as a warning to all that when one signs up for one service (such as MyLife.com), there are other services waiting in the wings to steal all of your information and take money right from under you. It is a form of organized crime. Now, I'm not sure that I trust MyLife.com. It was formerly Reunion.com. I signed up because of an e-mail advertisement that claimed that someone was searching for me. It turned out that someone did in fact look for me. The Gold Membership that I purchased on MyLife.com does not reveal the name of the person 'searching' for me. I feel like a total fool. I'm old as dirt and should have known better, I suppose. But, when my membership led to another charge from another company that I would never be interested in, I became furious.

I have filed this Complaintsboard.com to warn everyone that Reunion.com, now MyLife.com, is a scam outfit designed to relieve you of your money. Who knows what other companies might be affiliated with this company that does not connect anyone with anyone? They prey on people with fond memories of teenage and young adult years who are interested in connecting with old friends. The problem is that they keep stringing the member along with higher levels of membership to get the 'golden egg' of a connection with old friends. In the end, there isn't anyone to connect with. It is all a game that they play to keep the money flowing in.

• Pe
    Peggy Adams Aug 12, 2016

My name is Peggy Adams and I have a complaint against SAVINGSACE they have been charging $19.95 from my checking account and I want it stopped. I live on limited amount each month and I count each penney. They have been deducting this amount for many months without my permission.
    I wished that I had been aware of this before this date but I have been helping family since my brother just passed away from a long bout of brain caner.

PLEASE let me know if you need further documentation.

[email protected]

• Di
    disgustedwithitall45 Aug 12, 2016

I just happend to be looking over my bank statement and saw savings ace and i didnt remember buying anything from them the last thing i bought was from bath and body works on line. I called and cancled a membership that i never agreed to. Scams are everywhere and i wish their was someway we could be warned of all the scams. I wish people would just get jobs and work like every other american instead of stealing from the average working individual. These people make me sick to my stomach.

• Ka
    KarenW Aug 12, 2016

Yes, but did you read the print before you checked out? Duh. I wish there were a class just for online consumers called "How to grow a brain and learn how to read". It would be helpful. Especially with online e-tailers. What else can the e-tailers do?? They write it on checkout, and plaster it all over their policy pages. Do you customers want the e-tailers to call you on the phone and personally answer each of your 50 stupid questions before you order? Or can customers just READ? Really, it is very simple.

• Sc
    Scan for money Aug 12, 2016

I had done a trial membership with mylife.com and next thing you know I have two deductions ($19.95 each) taken from my account from SavingsAce. I called them immediately and told them to cancel my membership or whatever they signed me up for and refund my money immediately. This all started with joining mylife.com. Beware of this scam. I just called and also canceled my $18.00 trial membership with mylife.com as well. Don't get sucked in to this one.

• De
    Dennis Aug 12, 2016

I was charged on my bank account for $19.95 that I did not authorize someone had stolen my bank card and made this charges. I called SavingsAce and spoke to the superviser and explianed my problem and how it overdrafted my bank account, I had called three days before the charge had went through and spoke to them and they cancelled my account and asured me they would not be withdrawling this charge from my account. Well three days later the money is withdrawn and a overdraftfee was charged but the next day they credit my account for $19.95 after the damage had been done, I called agian and spoke to the supervisor and she apologized for any problems they may caused and asked to fax them copies of trasaction which my bank did so and I paid them for there services. Well a few days go by and I did not see the over draft fee go into my account so I called, the supervisor told me sense it was done on the internet they refused to refund my $35.00 keep im mind they promised to do so. They claim it because it was done on the internet they can not refund well they are interbased bussiness how else would you sign up with them what a dam scam this company is, I warn everyone stay away from this company they lie and will take your money and thier attitudes are terrible and high o mighty this is not a good way to deal with the consumer I have been in retail for 26 years and we would never treat our customers this way.WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS A JOKE DONT TAKE ANY CHANCES THEY WILL DO YOU WRONG. Thirty five dollars may bankrupt them!!!

• Co
    congodog Aug 12, 2016

this site gets personal and credit card information from PEOPLEFINDERS.COM.
    They do not mention any of this, they do not provide the information promised, and the next thing you know, SAVINGSACE.COM has all your information and you are a member and they will take money until you stop them.
    PEOPLEFINDERS.COM is the real criminal entity in my case.
    But criminals they are, both companies

• Mi
    mimileon Mar 10, 2012

It charges me almost $40 and don't know what it is.

• Vi
    Vitacost Feb 15, 2012

Hi there, Didi12. When orders were placed there was a pop-up that allowed you to sign up for SavingsAce (a discount program not affiliated with Vitacost), and some customers didn’t realize that they were signing up for that. We did stop associating with them quite some time ago, but we are happy to assist you with that. Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to see what I can do for you.

Catherine C
    Social Media CSR
    Vitacost.com
    [protected]

Andre Fletcher Feb 06, 2012

I also got scammed, for 8 months now! I signed up for MyLife.com for 1 month. Then some people were found and/or some found me, and the Savings Ace advert popped up. Since I couldn't seem to connect to those people on MyLife who had supposedly found me (I later thought they were ghost profiles left behind a long time ago when they realised they had been scammed - probably true), I tried extending the MyLife search facility with Premium Search. When the Savings Ace popped up, I must have pressed the `wrong' button. Little did I know that I was agreeing to a 12 monthly debit of my bank savings account for 19.95 USD/month. I thought this was for the MyLife Search facility, which I wanted to continue using. But after some months of failing to find out more or connect with the few people I was searching for (an old friend whom I lost touch with, but who apparently was listed under several possible similar names in MyLife), I started thinking about cancelling the MyLife Search. I didn't understand that Savings Ace was a separate company just scamming the monthly amount, and nothing whatsoever to do with MyLife. Recently, I got angry and said: I have to cancel this monthly debit. So I called the two 888 numbers on my bank statement. It was outside office hours. I had to find my Membership Number for Savings Ace, but my Zip Code doesn't work as I live in Australia, which has 4-digit zips (I tried all possible 5-digit zips, but none of them worked on the phone). My plan now is to call both the 888 numbers and cancel not only Savings Ace but also MyLife (since that proved to be fruitless in the end, I got only a postal address which I haven't even tried, so little is my confidence in this ghost information). Overall, I feel like a bloody stupid idiot. Andre in Perth, W. Australia. :-)

• Di
    Didi12 Feb 04, 2012

I was billed for the last 31(thirty one!) months by the same company (MVQ*SAVINGSACE [protected] CT) with amounts ranging form 19.95 to 27.95.
    I made a complaint to the bank and they called the company with me on the line and they said they got my credit card from Vitacost (vitacost.com) the place where I buy my vitamins. When they heard it was the bank who called them they said they will refund me no problem.
    I'm wondering how many clients of Vitacost are charged without them knowing. I wish there was a place I could warn their clients. I chatted with a rep online, but she said it was impossible to have gotten it from them. etc., etc. (but the lady from MVQ named them, and she knew since i was buying my vits with vitacost)
    I'll try and leave this warning on as many places as I can.

• Mi
    Military34 Oct 11, 2011

The same thing happened with my husband and I! A total scam! Unfortunately, savingsace would not reverse our charges! I let the representative know that I would be adding to all the negative reviews and scam boards about this total rip off!

• Da
    dawnmrowe Aug 04, 2011

This company is horrible. They claim they gave me saving's through Travelocity. The problem is I booked one thing with that site month's earlier & used MY card but when I called to figure out what was going on the membership was under my boyfriend's name with his card information how did u accomplish that without hacking into something. Also the time they said we supposedly signed up with them we never booked anything they are horrible nasty people who claim they are doing nothing wrong. I told them when I click on your name on the internet FRAUD is the first thing that pop's up!!! That should tell u it's not a real company. My bank was nice to refund some of it but told me we should file a police report & give the company's name, maybe if enough people do that we can put them out of business.

• Sh
    shilette Aug 02, 2011

I just found the same charge on my account that you guys are discribing. I found out that travelocity is one of the companies that is giving your account number to these people. You can call them within 30 days to cancel and if you do they have to reimbuse you your money back. I got my money back and also I am having my back to investigate this company. The number that I called to get my reimbursement is [protected]. Be careful who you sign up for and make sure you read all the info.

• Br
    Brittful Aug 01, 2011

I never authorized SAVINGSACE to charge my debit card $19.95.

• Dd
    ddd009 Jul 23, 2011

i also was billed for two moths on my credit card for 19.95. i had signed-up for a social network and apparently savingsace piggy-backs and to my best ability accesses your credit card information to make it look like you made a purchase. i just lost my dispute with my credit card company's efforts in getting savingsace's banking institution to delete the transactions. if i had not thought the first month's charge was a different transaction i really had ordered then they maybe could have been stopped the second charge. i am going to reoprt them to the FTC in Washington. in this day of individuals experiencing economic challenges it is soundly unfair to be ripped-off by such companies. in fact if it is legit why did i never receive a confirmation email or any services whatsoever? i'm spitting fire but even when i cool down i intend and will file a complaint wit the Federal trade Commission. i'm not a narc but this is something very different!

• Ju
    Judy Kirk Jul 15, 2011

I joined My Life simply to try to get the cell phone number of an old friend whose father had died. It was for ONE MONTH ONLY. My credit card was automatically charged again for the next month and I NEVER used the service at all...my friend ended up calling me. I called My Life and gave them hell and they said they credited my account. Today I went to the bank to pay my monthly credit card statement that never has anything but AOL on it and noticed a strange charge from SavingsAce for $19.95. I knew I did NOT authorize that and had NO IDEA what it even was. As soon as I got home, I called them and was told that when I did my one-month membership with My Life, I authorized this charge. NO, I DID NOT. I do not shop online AT ALL. I am LIVID, and they refused to refund the charge but did cancel my membership. I don't think I'm going to let this go.

Christina Sanders Jun 14, 2011

I agree with all of you. These rip of snacks have taken $60.00 between April of 2011 and June of 2011. I just noticed it this month, which is sad cause I felt like I monitored my account on a regular basis. But, I signed up for my life bak in April of 2012 to look for some relatives. However, I cancelled it the same day. Unfortunately, I did not realize until today that savingsace.com was charging me $19.95 a month. I am trying to get my $60.00 back through them and I have disputed that charges through my bank. I hopr I can be refunded the full amount by the time this is all over. If not, I will be taking my complaints further up. However, I just want to warn people stay away from these non secure websites, because they can give your information out to anyone and you can be charged unknowingly for several months. I realized this when I was looking at my statement. Who knows how long this would have gone on without my consent. I called them and they claim they can refund me for June and will decide if they want to refund me for the previous two months before June. I hope to get all my money back and this is a lesson well learned. Stay away from mylife.com, because this website must have already checked their name off or mylife shared my info. Both sites are GARBAGE!!! ):

• Cf
    cfy Jun 01, 2011

I have been charged for eight months 19.95 by Savingsace on my debit card. I called my bank first. They said they can only refund me for the recent 3 months and asked me to call the company to see whether I can get the other back. I called the number and push 0 directly. First the automatic voice said the entry was not valid and I pushed again then I got a live person. I didn't wait her saying anything, I just started saying I want my full refund of my charges. The rep got me to her supervisor. She said when I booked tickets and there was something there so I enrolled. I told her there was no such enrollment. I did not know and not accept the terms. Then she said she can refund me 1 month. I insisted get fully refunded and said if I could not get fully refunded I would get the state general attorney involved. Then she said she would submit my case to a committee let them make a decision. And I would hear them back in 5 to 8 days.
    Check your bill regularly and carefully! Be strong when you ask for refund!

• Ha
    Haanda Apr 06, 2011

This is honestly the most fraudulent company I have ever dealt with. 2 months ago I had received what I thought was a good deal because I thought I was receiving a free $200.00 gas card. While I was signing up, I was rushed through the process by an agent that was less than friendly and did not fully understand the terms and conditions. I was then supposed to receive an email regarding everything and was lead to believe that I had 2 weeks to cancel. The next week I found a charge for $25 on my account and had still recieved no email from Savings 8. I immediately called the company to dispute the charges. They told me that I had already passed the cancellation period and would not be refunded for the amount. I told them that I did not want the product because I had been led to believe something other than what they were telling me. The lady on the phone finally agreed to refund the money if I returned the merchandise upon its arrival. Mind you this was the beginning of Feb. 2011

Now, today I was looking at my card statement and saw another charge on my account of Savingsace for $19.95. I immediately called the phone number that was listed on the charge: [protected] and was first asked to provide information. Because I knew they already had my phone number on file, I just used that rather than putting in my card number. I was put on the phone with a woman whom I asked why I had this charge on my card. She said that this was an active account. I told her that that couldn't be right becuase I had cancelled it. She told me she could not refund me and I then told her to transfer me to someone that could help me. I was then put on the phone with "Rick" her supervisor. I told him the situation and he told me that the there was not record of me calling to cancel. I said that is incorrect. Finally after telling him that I would only accept a refund and a cancellation that he finally agreed to.

AVOID SAVINGSACE AT ALL COSTS!! Everything they say is too good to be true.

Jan Brajer Apr 01, 2011

My name is Jan Brajer.I am being charge on monthly bases for something I never agree.

• Ru
    Rubria Apr 01, 2011

I agree these are a bunch of lying thieves that steal from unsuspecting people. They made two charges to on the same day (3/9/11) to my debit card for the same quantity and placed me on negative. the names of the companies were SAVINGSACE phone: [protected] and the other was HOMESAVINGSMA phone: [protected]. They tricked my husband using my card by telling him that they were going to give him an amazing discount on gasoline. Be careful of all these lying thieving rats!!!

• Ro
    Robert Hendershot Feb 15, 2011

My credit card was charged $ 19.90 on February 11, 2011. I did not authorize this charge.

• Je
    JerryJr Feb 07, 2011

Since sep 2009 savingsace has been taking 34.95 from my account, i make a lot of debit card purchases daily and so it looked like a normal purchase until i noticed it was always at the first on the month. Turns out Savings Ace took 629.10 in 18 charges out of my account and claim i didn't uncheck a little box when i made an online Walmart card purchase. I called company and they offered to refund me one month.

• Ic
    i cant seem to get a break Jan 29, 2011

what about travelocity i used them a few months ago and to save 20.00 you open a website than you go back because it seems a bit to good to be true and bam passporttofun.com scams you 19.95 and obviously a sister company to them is also savingsace.com hell both hit me twice 80.00 shamika 700338 cancelled my membership but hell who`s to say there not selling our c.c. numbers to someone else or even affiliated with c.c. company o well keep it b.k here we come

• Do
    donald mcgrath Jan 11, 2011

I just renued my My Life and was charged an extra $19.95 4 the savings club ( saving ace ) and I called 2 B refunded and was denied from there I talked 2 a supervisor named Veronica and was told again that there was not 2 B a refund so I said how unhappy I was and because of that she was sorry that I was disatisfied but no refund. I told her that because of that I would B canceling my membership with my life, then 2 no avail she said she would make a one time gesture and refund my money back. So thank U Veronica and if this happens don't give up and B cordial and hopefully U will get your money back. don m

• Pa
    Pammiehonie Jan 05, 2011

I was a little bit more fortunate the only charge to my credit card was MyLife.com. of $15.95. The only reason why I even agreed to become a member was of mylife.com is that they e-mailed me that people I had inquired about in the past where now looking for me. I was so excited that I can see why innocent people would agree to this. I filled out the application process on-line of course, which seems simple enough. No where on their site did it say that it would directly go to acesavings.com and that you then would have to agree to their terms before you can truly see (what they say are people looking for you). Well I was hesitant but again, I have been trying to found these 3 people from my past...so I felt forced into agreeing now with savingsace.com for a $19.95 per/mth chg. so you can discounts on retailers of all sorts.

I now able to go and see if my Old friends, or so I thought I was. Once on the site, I became very, very dissappointed. It seems all they did was take these 3 names, that I've inquired via many different websites, (ex: Bing, Facebook, Google etc...)
    Regardless of the other websites, mylife.com clearly said now that these 3 people where looking for me. Not me looking for them and they had new relsults on my inquiries...Like I said they made me believe they were looking for me...(What .#*[email protected]*!).

I just cancelled my memebership with mylife.com and S/W Shenea, she agreed to cancel and to credit my card of $15.95. Confirmation#[protected].

I then called savingsace.com S/W Nicole and she agreed that my card will not be charged whatsoever;
    Confirmation#700063.

I was so glad to see all the above complaints and I think that both sites should be charged for Fraud, and extoration of comsumers. Who's say to now that other sites, do not have all our personnal information, that could ruin innocent people of their credit. (Especially the elderly whom, would love to be able to contact lost relativess & friends)

If anybody starts getting fraudulent charges or somehow they owe $ they did not know about and now it shows on their credit report. Please, please contact the appropiate authorities And if possible all others of have complained on this site. So that others can check thier resources for fraudlent activites. If this does happen we all might have a law-suit against these companies.

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

Dont feel like your all alone, I would have to be the Biggest Fool of them All-Scammed By My Life.Com, People were Looking for Somebody with My Name, So They Billed My Debit Card $11.95, Then 3 times $1.15 each time, My Debit Card was Billed& It was'nt Even Me that anybody was looking for.Today I Checked My Balance on My Debit Card to find a Shortage of $22.94 from some thing calles savingsace.com, I Have No Clue Who they even are, Have Never Done Business with them & Never Authorizied them to bill My Credit Card for Anything, And from what I'am reading On-Line about this Place They may be Billing Me Every Month for several Months Or, They Think they will, What they Dont Know is I Will Empty That Debit Card Account Tomorrow at The Closest ATM I can Find & Pay Off the Bills on it that I Owe & Cancel that Card IF The Company that Issued Me That Debit Card (MONEY NETWORK) wont Work with Me on that Bill from them, They will No Longer have Me as a Customer to Kick around Either!This Old Lady has enough Bills to Pay without Low-Life [censor] Stealing from Me!

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jan 03, 2011

Called today to check on My Debit Card Balance, when I checked My Account On-Line Noticed They Billed my Debit Card today for $22.94 I Never Signed up for anything with them, Never Gave them My Credit Card Number.In fact I have No Clue Who They Even are, What They Sell Or, Anything Else About them.Called The Company that Issued My Credit Card and I'am Disputing the charges! I have better things that I can do with My Money than to give it to Peoople I Dont Owe Money to & Those People should be in Prison for Credit Card Fraud!

• La
    lansgrl123 Dec 28, 2010

This just happened to me. I used MyLife.com to look up someone and immediately discontinued it, this was in October 2010. Now, December 28, I have a charge from savingsace for 19.95 and it wasn't until I said I would contact my attorney general did they agree to refund my money. After calling MyLife, I was told they do not keep my credit card number yet Savingsace (or whatever it is) was able to charge my account. I am calling my attorney general. DO NOT use mylife, it is a scam, you can get the same exact info on whitepages.com, if there is no info, you don't get it. Also, the charge from savingsace would never have happened if I'd never given my credit card #.

• Pa
    Paul M. Bret Dec 20, 2010

What a society we live in. Everyone has access to who you are one way or another. This really infuriates me to no end. We-citizens of this great establishment want to get in touch with old friends or find a family member and they take advantage of us-shame on them. What comes around goes around and I will find the source and stop it. Actually this is stealing which in this country we all live in is illegal-so why does this continue and why can't this be stopped. We are all in the wrong profession according to this crap!

• St
    Stephen A Sep 24, 2010

SAVINGSACE a back door deal. I call the number with the charge I found on my account and got some womans answering machine. I call my bank and explain that I did not authorize this charge, so they disputed it. When I went to mylife, I was trick into signing up for a year. Now I find out there is no refund. All I can do is turn off the automatic renewal, I am sure I will have to go back once in a while to make sure it is off. The saveingsace was also a trick, they do not say there is a $19.95 charge for saveings you will never get. I got lucky I found it the same day the charge hit the bank.
    They are counting on people who only check thier bank account only once a month or who make so many purchase's they do not see it. I check my bank account at lease once a day or every other day and I keep track of all my debit card uses.
    Always read the find print or what they call agreement, privacy statement. It is sometimes about 10 - 20 pages long and how much it is going to cost you is at the end. I sometimes fast foward throug it tell I see some dollar signs then I slow down and read it.

Microsoft Excel is a good program to use, I am able to keep track of where my money is going, how much I spend, what I buy, I can even set up charts. It has a very good help program that will teach you what you need to know. This is just the tip there is much more you can do with it.

• Jm
    jmowl Aug 31, 2010

for mother day i order flowers for my wife with as it was free shipping i did not know about this slick trick of enrollment in to this plan of 34.95 / i called you can't talk to them i was on the phone way to long all i could do was stop it no way to get my money back

jmowl

[email protected]

• Ke
    Keith H. Langston Aug 30, 2010

Unauthorized charge of $19.95 on my credit card. I have never even heard of this company.

• Du
    durelnalla Aug 15, 2010

Savingsace are on several websites and somehow steal your credit card number and bill you 19.95 for nothing every month until you learn how to cancel. Here's how you cancel. First of all, call the police and tell them of this scam. Then go to a computer and go to www.savingsace.com. You should find a box to fill in your account number and zip code. Your account number is the first number you find on your credit card bill in the description column to the right of SAVINGSACE. The next number is the phone number for savingsace starting at 888. Forget about the phone number because you will get a bunch of robots telling you to push 1, or 2, or 3, or whatever and it will take you a lot of time to get to a real human on the other end. Once you get to your account page, find the cancel button and push that. Another page will come up and it will say you will be getting an email soon verifying that you have cancelled. I also recommend that you call your credit card company and change your number.

jay buring Jul 31, 2010

why dont we all e mail the attorney general or call your bank an cancel your card an get a new number that they cant charge to.

• Bo
    Bornatnite-butnotlastnite Jul 20, 2010

I too was "SCAMMED", and it was by mylife.com.I received a notice like everyone else saying 2 ppl were looking for me..I took out the 1 month "FREE" membership (which I believe cost 9.95 and started noticing 19, 95 charges on my statement for 4 months.Thought it was something my son was doing and when I called the bank and got there number I realized that I had not authorized savingace to withdraw money on my debit card nor was I a customer!I am furious and think that they should be dealt with by the consumer protection or faud under the law.If they have done this too all of us whom have wrote on this board, just imagine ALL the folks they have taken money from that doesn't realize whats going on???

• Ka
    kay b Jun 09, 2010

Rec'd call today offering $25.00 gift card from Wal-mart and $200.00 Gas card for $1.99 shipping fee. All I had to do was provide Savingsace w/my CrCrd #.

So GLAD I decided to check out the complaint board first.

K

• Kn
    knight559 May 11, 2010

Follow the prompts on the phone menu and enter either the last 4 digits of your SS# or your acct # to access a live person.
    Because I was not diligent and had college kids in 2 different locations around the state and thought the charges were their's; I neglected to questions the recurring charges. This past week with one now home, I found that the charges were not their's and that somehow I had authorized the charging last Feb 18, 2009. Using hints from this website, I was able to contact someone at Save Ace. The first person on May 8 Mimi said without hestitation, she could refund the past 2 months within 2 business days and it would show up on my statement within 3-5 days. She then transfer me to her supervisor Gloria who readily looked up my acct and said without hesitation again would refund all the charges back to and including Feb 2009 and they would be done within 2 business days and show up on my acct within 3-5 days.
    On May 10, my credit acct showed a individual credit for all 15 charges totaling $ 308.25 for a hppy ending. I have since then canceled my membership on the Reunion.com site( now know as MyLife)which I believe is the source of my problem.
    Good luck to all

• Fa
    FAT CMZ Apr 21, 2010

Watch out if you use INTELIUS. I ordered a background check on a phone number that was threatening me. I always double check to see if they are trying to give me an extra charge for something. They definitely had to take my information from them.

marylbob Apr 20, 2010

I did manage to contact Save Ace via the 1-888 phone # and was given a few hoops to jump through but with persistence, I got to speak to an "authorized" person who cheerfully apologized. A bit of good cop/bad cop between the rep and the "manager." My account was soon credited but I did find out it came about from joining Classmates.com. Somehow I pressed a button that authorized the purchase and they got the credit card # from my entry on Classmates.com. I think we should pressure Classmates.com to stop linking to SAVEACE. I have learned my lesson.