Samsung Service Center Sm Cebu Northcustomer service/repair

A

I bought my Samsung Tab S2 on May 1, 2016 at SM Cebu seaside branch. Right after being taken off the box, I had the personnel there attach the Samsung Book cover/casing with the plastic still attached on the back. I also had a screen protector placed the same day because I wanted to prevent it from having damage/scratches. To give you a background of its condition, I mainly use my tablet for storing files and for browsing the web and am planning to use it as a notebook where I would write my day to day activities/plans. I haven't installed all the apps I need yet because I haven't had the time. I barely bring it around and it usually sits at my table at home. I only get to bond with it on weekends when I'm not working. That's when I get to watch youtube videos and write down my expenses on excel. I had a lot of things planned for it on the coming days (installing other apps etc.), I was just waiting for my busy sched to free up since lately I've been working 13-15 hours a day so I had no time to play with my tablet. Well, I'm sharing this to give you a background on the condition of my tablet before bringing it to the service center. So basically my tablet looked brand new. One mistake I did was that I didn't took a picture of it before bringing it to the center. Well, I trusted the service center because it carries the name "Samsung".

On June 1, exactly a month after, as I was fixing my things on my table, I accidentally pushed the tablet and it fell face flat on the floor. To my horror, when I opened the book cover, I saw a crack on the LCD. I thoroughly checked it to see if there were any damage. So far all I saw was the crack. I couldn't determine how bad the crack was since the screen protector was unscathed and very much intact . I couldn't tell if it was just the screen that cracked or if it's the inside that's broken. I quickly called Samsung hotline to assist me on where I could bring my unit for repair.

On June 4, 2016 I brought it to the nearest Samsung Service center which is in SM Cebu North. When I got there the first thing I did was get a queue number. F.y.i. there were 4 counters there with customer representatives. Only 2 of them were entertaining guests... I saw on the screen that I was already next in line so I expected I won't have to wait long since the counter that was supposed to accommodate me wasn't entertaining any customer. It has been more than 30 minutes and my number hasn't been called yet so I started to watch the customer representative assigned to my number to see what she's doing and why its taking too long. I was annoyed to see her just looking at her monitor and chit chatting/laughing with the other personnel like as if no customer's waiting. After a few so so minutes, customer were piling up and other customers who came later than me were already getting annoyed on why the queuing number hasn't moved yet. Take note there were no customers on the counter anymore. After almost an hour of waiting, I was finally called. The customer representative asked what's my concern. After I answered her she continued to chat with the other personnel and continued laughing. She also had to put on hand sanitizer like 3 times before getting back to me. That annoyed me because she did that in a slow motion. This is just the first part of my dismay in this service center.

I was advised to expect the repair to be done within seven days but I received a text 9 days after which was on June 13, Monday at exactly 8:58 pm. It was not the day they promised but it was not a big deal for me since what's important for me is to get my tablet fixed. Since I have no time to go out on weekdays, I claimed my unit on Saturday, June 18. Luckily, when I got there, no other customers were in and their automated queuing system was broken. When I got there I went straight to the counter and told the representative I'm there to claim my unit. It took her quite some time to find my unit. She even asked me if I already received a text from them because she can't find my unit anywhere. That got me worried but alas after a few minutes she was able to find my tablet. When I got my unit I checked the new screen and if its functions are working. Upon checking it I noticed scratches all around the bezel chrome of my tab s2. As we all know the chrome bezel has 2 sides. One that's textured/rough and the other that's smooth and shiny. Even though the chrome bezel was thin, the scratches were very noticeable since it's all around the sides of the bezel and its on the smooth and shiny part. When you touch it, you'd even feel that some of the scratches are deep and it's uneven. There were also a few tiny dents. If you see the scratches, it looked like a sharp object slid through the sides/corners while trying to get the screen in/out. It was really noticeable for me because the new tablet that I brought in for repair now looked very much used and worn out. My friend who was with me at that time also noticed it and before I could even ask the personnel, he asked out loud why there were scratches. The representative looked at the scratches and brought it in to the technician. It took a few minutes before she went back to us. She relayed to us what the technician said. Accdg. to him it's impossible to have scratches because he used suction cups to remove the screen. So I asked again "then why are there scratches?" I told them those scratches weren't there before I brought it in for repair. The technician then eventually went out saying to the representative that he doesn't see any scratches and that it was impossible to have scratches in a mad tone, then shows us the suction cup he used. The representative then went at the back to report it to the manager. Manager then confronted us and agreed with the technician that she doesn't see any scratches. Now they're all acting like blind men. She added that if there were scratches it must have been my casing that caused it. The customer representative again pointed out one area where there were scratches to the manager. The manager then says that those scratches were normal and what we are seeing are part of the design. She insisted that even if we look at brand new models we'd see scratches like that...Wow that made me mad. Am I stupid for not noticing the difference between a scratch and a design? whew! It felt useless to argue with someone who claims to see no damage in my tablet. To top it all of, the most disappointing part is that she talked to us in a condescendingly manner from the beginning of the conversation. I wasn't mad at first but the way she talked to us made me mad. There were no signs of being apologetic whatsoever. I was very disappointed with this service center. In the end she even told us these exact words "Kung tutuusin maliit na bagay lang yan e." and "May balance pa po kayo."

I could have accepted it if she just apologized and said that scratches are inevitable when replacing an lcd because they would have to replace it manually. That would be easier to accept since I would consider that as part of the consequence of letting my tablet fall in the first place...

I brought my tablet in for repair at Samsung Service Center and I was willing to pay a high amount so I could have it back in good condition. I gave my trust to this service center but after the repair, the condition of my tablet was far from what I expected. When I questioned their service, the manager in turn put the blame on me, do away with her alibis and acts indifferently. The manager even questioned us for making a big fuss over a small object. For her it may be small, but for me who paid for the tablet and the service, it's a big deal.

I paid 10, 400 for the lcd replacement. If only I paid for the LCD itself and not the service, that would satisfy me. The service in this branch is really a let down. I'm sure that most of all their customers feel the same way I do. If you read through the reviews in this branch, you'd see almost all are negative and they have the same complaints on the service. Most of them would say that the people here are lazy and so on and so forth.

Also, this branch plays pirated movies for all the waiting customers to see. Isn't that against the law? When I was there they were playing a pirated video of Worlds of Warcraft which is still being shown in cinemas here.