Sally Beauty Supply Logo

Sally Beauty Supply

Having problems with Sally Beauty Supply?

Sally Beauty Supply reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 12, 2007. The latest review S-PRO Sophie Gas Lift Stool was posted on Jun 12, 2021. The latest complaint store management was resolved on Feb 01, 2020. Sally Beauty Supply has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 155 reviews. Sally Beauty Supply has resolved 34 complaints.

Sally Beauty Supply Customer Service Contacts

+1 940 898 7500 (United States)
+1 866 234 9442 (Customer Service)
+1 800 444 7712 (Customer Service)
+44 118 944 7000 (United Kingdom)
3001 Colorado Blvd
Denton, Texas
Locations

United Kingdom

210 Wharfedale Road, Winnersh Triangle, Wokingham, Berkshire, England RG41 5TS

Germany
Verwaltung, Moselstr. 27, 60329 Frankfurt, Germany

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sally Beauty Supply Customer Service. Initial Sally Beauty Supply complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sally Beauty Supply above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sally Beauty Supply. Discuss the issues you have had with Sally Beauty Supply and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sally Beauty Supply Complaints & Reviews

Sally's Beauty Supplypoor customer service and management

Sally's in Summerville South Carolina:
The worst! There were 2 girls in the store working. They could not find my discount card and refused after calling the manager. One girl was completely rude, the other ran out of the store screaming and crying over me disputing the prices on the shelf. One manger and the screaming girl reappeared after I threatened to call the police when I could not find my credit card.

The manager had no words of apology. Other customers were in the store watching, in fact one customer at the beginning of the fiasco reprimanded the rude girl and told her she would speak to the manager herself. It seemed she was a beauty professional herself. Girl #2 began to scream after another customer stepped in and agreed with what I was trying to point out about the pricing.

I have been told that the prices are actually excessive. I will go to Ulta from now on even though it is 25 miles away. My husband was present and said that he has never seen people hate their job so much.

Sally needs to know who keeps them in business. Was this worth the $3 savings to them? They probably don't care.

Sally Beauty Supplywholesale discount card

I don't really have a complaint against Sally Beauty Supply. I love shopping there. My only problem is the wholesale discount card has cracked and broken. The sales associates at the store have difficulty reading the number on the back of the card so I can get the discount. However, they always seem to manage. It was at their suggestion I am requesting a NEW card. I will attempt to copy the number on the back of the card, just in case you need it. Please, could you send me a new card to my home address. If there is a problem, please call or email me. Thank you for your help.

Wanda Anglin email: [protected]@comcast.net
    3860 Ramblewood Drive
    Horn Lake, MS [protected]
    card# [protected] I know the 6691 is right and the 38110 is right ' but the middle numbers are very difficult to read.

• Ta
        Tammy Sindelar Mar 30, 2011

Agree with the above comment, go back to the Sally store and they should issue you a replacement card
        right there in the store.. Alls they have to do is call in to home office if the number can not be read,
        and you are set. This is a simple solution.

• Ca
        carol62 Dec 31, 2010

The store has new cards there, Go back in and fill out another form, Only a licensed pro gets a different discount, Beauty club cards are different. It, s better to update your information.

Non-Sally Supporter Mar 06, 2009

your card in NOT a wholesale discount card LMFAO

• La
        Laura Feb 16, 2009

Noooo! Don't post your personal information here for all the world to see! You could end up with problems much bigger than a cracked frequent shopper card if someone gets hold of your info! This website has nothing to do with the company you seek resolution from, no one here can help you (unless the right person at SBS happens across your post and goes out of their way to assist). You need go contact them instead of the complaints board. Go here - http://www.sallybeauty.com/Contact-Us/CS_CONTACT_US, default, pg.html

Geeze.

Sally's Beauty Supplyrude manager

I purchased nail decals and when I got home and looked at my receipt. They charged me a higher price than what was on the sticker price on item. I went back to get the difference of my money. The manager was really rude and kept making comments that what a coinsidence that there was only one at that price, indicating that maybe I had changed the price on the item. She began to argue with me, really bad customer service. I will never shop at sallys again. They just lost another customer.

Sally Beauty Supplydidn't put merchandise in bag; hung up on me when I called

I bought hand moisturizer and hair color today. The sales clerk did not put the hair color in the bag. I was planning to do my hair tonight.

They admitted that the clerk had not put the color in the bag (the clerk left a note), but refused to mail it or fedex it to me. I paid cash because the power was out at the time, so a credit card refund is not possible.

My complaint is about the rudeness and apathy of the manager and RM. They both hung up on me. "Quote: this conversation is over"

Martha [protected]) is the store manager and Linda [protected]) is the regional manager.

I am going back to retrieve my money, but I will no longer do business with them.

Sally's Beauty Supply — offensive manager

I purchased a replacement blade for my hair clippers, and two days later, attempted to return it (unopened...

Sally Beauty Supply — profiling

I have shopped at several Sally Beauty Supply Stores in several states and I feel that it must be company...

Sally Beauty store manager

Manager (Joanne) rude, abrupt, she was screaming at a customer when I first walked in the store & should have assumed that this wasn't professional or nesseccary, however, her impolite fashion continued. I now have a problem with the product purchased & she was very rude. Never again will I buy anything from this richmond hill sally beauty!!

Sally Beauty Supply — price match/bait and switch

Sally Beauty Supply claims that they do price matching. I found numerous chains that beat their pricing in a...

Sally Beauty Supply — manager drunk

i am a salon owner, and i visit or should say i did shop there almost daily until i asked for help from the...

Sally Beauty Supplycould not return hairpiece that clerk said matched my hair

I asked the clerk for a mirror to see if the hairpiece matched my hair. She handed me a mirror not much bigger than a postage stamp. I could not really see it so I asked her if it matched, she said it did. I took it home and held it in front of my hair at the mirror, not even close!!! I bought it at closing time on a saturday, I attempted to return in when they opened the next day and they told me they do not allow refunds on hairpieces because they couldn't tell if I had worn it or not. Give me a break it had this really big tag attached. I will never buy anything from sally beauty supply again!!! They just wanna take your money and apparently don't care about keeping their customers.

noircraze Apr 14, 2011

I work at Sally Beauty as well and encounter many customers who purchase hair, even against my own advice - I am not a "licensed" cosmetologist, but as a makeup artist and someone whose been cutting and colouring hair since the age of twelve (nine years), I certainly know what I'm talking about. It sounds like the author of the complaint expects that her own inability to match a hair piece to her own hair is the employees' fault and not her own. It is the company policy to not allow returns/exchanges on hair, do not blame the employees who earn around 7.50-8$ an hour. The customer is not always right, sometimes the customer is an idiot who cannot make their own decisions.

• Ds
                dsp28 Mar 21, 2011

uh, i think she was talking about not being able to return a hairpiece...

• Ka
                katyisbr00t4l Dec 05, 2010

i agree with the comment above. it is not the sales associates job to make your hair turn out how you want it to. most of the people working for sallys DO NOT have cos school expierence. Also there is a lot that goes into coloring your hair other than just color and developer. if you had been coloing your hair with cheap box color from a drug store then changed to professional color there is a high chance that your hair is not going to come out how you think. My advice to you is to just go get a claifying treatment it will tone it down but to completley get it out you will have to bleach your hair unless yyou used a demi perminent, which you should have in the first place when trying something new. People are so quick to blame other people for there own mistakes. Oh i forgot to mention that i worked for sally beauty and manager or sales associates are NOT allowed to tell you what color to get you need to choose that on your own everyones hair is different soo the results will all be different.

• Jm
                JMluv2332 Feb 04, 2010

I work at a sally beauty supply, for one it says on the PACKAGE clear as day that you cannot return or exchange hair, there was your first clue, second it says on the RECIEPT that you cannot return or exchange it. Also, there are plenty of mirrors big enough in that store to see if it matches your hair. Don't get mad at the store because you got screwed by ONE employee who didn't know how to do their job.

• Th
                ThatOneGirl Jan 14, 2010

I also work at Sally beauty Supply and the one thing people should begin to do is SHOP FOR THEMSELVES. You knew that the hair was non-returnable so why get upset? People can put it in, wear it for the evening, then put it back into the package and say, "Hey! it's not the right color! I don't want it!" A solution is to color the hair to match your color.

• Da
                Dare Jan 27, 2009

I worked at Sally Beauty Supply and I know that in the store they have plenty of mirrors and if you were really concerned about it matching then you would have found a mirror big enough for you to see yourself in it. You cant bring those hairpieces back because its unsanitary, so pretty much its your own fault for not making sure it was the right colour before you purchased it, plus on the box it tells you that those are non returnable items. Would you want a hairpiece in your head that someone else that you didnt know wore before you bought it? I know i definately would not want that, so stop complaining and whining like a little ### and dont blame sally's for you not being smart enough to match ur hair with the wig.

• He
                helllo Nov 28, 2008

I'M SEXY!!!

• Ab
                Abbey Aug 26, 2008

How would you feel if you bought a hairpiece and ended up catching head lice. Let me guess you would be mad about that wouldnt you? I guess you dont know that not returning hair is actually a state law!!!

• Ri
                Ripoff12 Aug 20, 2008

I'm sorry about your hair piece, but if you did not notice the box has a sticker put on by the store and a label printed by the factory on it that says "No Returns on Hair" not only that it is also clearly stated at the bottom of your reciept.
                They cannot take hair back because is violates federal health code. perhaps instead of getting pissed at sally beauty supply you should contact the maker of the hair and suggest that they package it in a way that makes it easier to see if it matches your hair or not.

Sally Beauty Supply — customer service

Just walked out of a Sally's store number 03156 in Spring Texas. Never have I received such poor...

Sally Beauty hair damage due to defective products!

I purchased the above four products from Sally beauty supply with the help of a sells associate. The sells associate guaranteed the product would work ok with my curly hair. My hair became a solid ball, tangled, in the middle of the washing process. I dried my hair and tried every thing possible to undo the solid like formation with no luck. My hair got damaged literally. I went back to the store to ask if there was any help to restore my hair. They said there was nothing they could do, except to advise to visit some other beauty salon.

I went to a number of beauty salons to see if any buddy can undo the ball like formation. Finally i went to the JC Penny's beauty salon in Seattle Washington. They tried every thing before they decided to cut off the ball like solid formation caused by the use of the stated product from sally's.

After suffering the loss of my hair, i went to sally's store to return the product damaged my hair. I was turned back with disrespect and humility as if i was trying to cheat.

Please some one advise what my legal options are rearing this situation.

Sally's Beauty Supply — declined check

I have never had an NSF and it declined when she ran my drivers license I have worked in banking and still do...

Alexandria

Sally Beauty Supplyawful co-workers!

Ok I work at a sally's... I work with a few very decent people... However there is one behemoth woman that seems to think she runs the joint... She is not...

-a shareholder
                -an owner
                -a manager
                - an assistant manager

However she is on some power trip... Where she insists on bossing other employees around 4 out of the 6 other employees at our store have had problems with her... There have been numerous incidents where she has lied or created a situation to complain about... However my manager does nothing!!!

-she has asked other employees personal information on my hours and time off... I do not even work the same days or shifts with this woman... I have only ever spoke to her in person twice since I have worked there.

- she has lied to my manager and other co-workers telling them I insulted her when I did not even speak to her.

- the story today is too long to go into detail however she is the most childish 40 something I have ever met... How long has it been since high school? Cut the cr*p!

Jamie #157 Mar 27, 2015

I have worked part time for sallys in NLR/Sherwood Arkansas For a year now. We had the best Mgr in the world...made sure we all got a weekend, always calm, and actually knew how to run a store. So we get the Mgr froM Rodney Parham store (who is infamous for running a store into the ground...paperwork and all. She's never there...in fact a week after she transferred over she requested Fri Sat and sunday off then took 5 days vaca then requested the weekend after that off. She doesn't ever work weekends except for some Sundays. She screws our schedule up so we can't get our deposits done on time. She ran her old store into the ground and now they want her to do our store the she way?? Then the other 40 he employee we got who isn't a manager what's over and was told by Joe hell no...leaves the store whenever she gets a chance. I used to love where I worked but now sallys sucks bc they don't fire people for doing wrong...instead they make them store manager and give them a raise

• Bz
                    bzldady01 May 12, 2009

Omg I worked for sallys two years ago.I started in October and before you know it I was Managing a store here in las vegas Nv..BIG mistake. We had people stealing left and right.There were times when I was in the store alone because sallys couldnt afford to give me anymore hours for that store.When I say Stealing I mean from old to young from spanish to black folks, a hot mess.Then they decide to hire me a security which was the biggest thief of all...Sally's made me sick and If I would of known then what i know now.Sallys would of had a law suite.After stopping certain girls from coming in my store for shopliffting i would go out with my husband and see the same girls I caught in my store, one of the girls even said, "look who I see, shes not in uniform now is she "?.I would have to let my husband know what was going on and that there might be some drama, instead we just leftt.Where was sallys then?Youre right all they care about is meeting their quota and getting thier money in the bank by 12.I would never work for sallys again only because I loved that place at one point, even seeing myself there for a long time.But to sallys I was just aother employee guarding there merchandise.Im now a Manicurist working in a high end salon.One thing sallys did do for me was open my eyes.I now know That I would not break my neck for any other job the way I did for sallys.I make my own money and I love it..Thanks sally Beauty supply..Larice ...if you have had the same experience with this company please share your story with me.send your story to... [email protected]

• Ny
                    Nyla Dec 03, 2008

I had the same problem when I used to work there. The DM could not give a crap either! Sallys does not stand behind thier employees, especially those of us who know how to speak up and have with a backbone!
                    All they care about is the quota$$$$ for the day and all they want are nice little, meek, conformist employees who will never complain no matter how bad they are treated!
                    I certainly hope For Your Sake that your store is not in the Southwest US, because the Miss B. Dickey the territoral mananger, who is a cold heartless B***H!

• Ka
                    Katy Nov 06, 2008

Im sorry you are having a problem with a co-worker. i also work for sally's. you can go to your dm or call the employee concern line if you feel your manager isnt owning up to her duties

Sally Beauty Supply — employee smoking

April 13, 2007 at 5:45 pm - as I was waiting in front of the sally beauty supply at lee and oakton st.in de...