Ruby Tuesdaymanager treating staff horribly

I cannot remember the exact date but about a week ago I came in for lunch after shopping in the mall. The server I had was friendly and proficient. I could see her working really really hard to accommodate the guests at her other tables. And was wondering why she was working so hard when I saw other employees who could have been helping but most importantly was the manager who seemed to be just standing there glaring at her. A little bit after that I heard him talking very rude and mean and demeaning to her and I personally didn't see what she could have done wrong. She was visibly shaken by him talking so badly to her. To me as a psychotherapist it sounded border line verbally abusive. When she returned to my table I asked her if everything was okay and she responded with the proper response of "oh yes everything is fine" with a smile on her face. I didn't ask her his name but before I left I overheard another employee refer to him as Tim. He didn't even smile at the guests in the dinning area. What a horrible person he is to be in a manager position.

• Wine Is Good Sep 05, 2016

So if you and your spouse is having words, the employees of the restaurant should butt in your business and tell you to pipe down? Or would you tell them it was none of their business? It has nothing to do with not having a heart. You have no idea what the situation is, and unless you are the manager, you should butt out.

Samioday Sep 04, 2016

I agree you have a heart. Anyone who thinks it none of your business is cold uncaring person that must not have a heart!

• Da
    Dale Eccellente Sep 02, 2016

Customer Service: It's not an assumption. I heard it with my own ears. As well as my Daughter who was with me and I know at least one other guest heard it as well because they said "Oh my god, listen to how he's speaking to her, that's awful." And before I was a psychotherapist I was a server and eventually a manager at Carrabba's for 12 years. As far as wine is good"s comment about it being none of my business, maybe not. But when the guests can hear it then it kind of is. And the none of your business attitude you have is sad. It's okay to care about people. Even if you don't know them.

• Wine Is Good Sep 01, 2016