Roto-RooterEstimate charge misrepresentation

J

AVOID Roto-Rooter at all costs!
[2/19/2011]
We called to request an estimate for sewage blockage problem
[2/20/2011]
Technician arrived to provide the 'free estimate' and charged $150 for video inspection (in case I did not choose Roto-Rooter to fix the problem.
If I contracted with Roto-Rooter to repair my sewer, then the $150 would be credited toward repair.)
[2/22/2011]
I visited village officials to learn what was required for sewer repair on my property. After visiting the village, I was told that a video inspection should include a description of where the break is and the break location should be marked on your property.
2/24/2011 - 3/4/2011]
After several voice exchanges back and forth and being jerked around by Roto-Rooter local offices in western Chicago suburbs, I was finally told by the purported national manager in Akron, Ohio, that I could pay $396 for video inspection and get a DVD. I get the ground location marked only if I actually contract for the repair services with Roto-Rooter ($4000 estimate, to start).
[Conclusion]
I'm horrified to think of what Roto-Rooter will come up with if I give thehttp://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint/#m another $4400. Avoid RotoRooter at all costs!

• Bi
    BigGuy201 Nov 29, 2011

Do you understand that the typical Plumbing Company, to repair anything related to septic or sewer, or to even remove a blockage, can start off at $5, 500+?

You really have no idea how cheap $4, 400 is to fix something such as a sewage blockage... Uncle paid $7, 899 to get his sewer unblocked. Only finding out a week later, that Roto-Rooter would have only charged him $4, 700 for it...