RIU Resortsaccommodation

J

RIU membership number – [protected]
5th May 2017 – Monday 15th May 2017
Riu Reggae, Montego Bay. 3 Adults
We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by staff who were extremely helpful. We checked in and enquired if there might be a possible upgrade available as it was my friends 50th birthday celebrations.
The lady on reception (Elaine) had a look and said that she could move us to the courtyard, this would be quitter and a nicer view. She said that she would organise for the sofa bed to be brought across to us.
We proceeded to our room and found this to be more than satisfactory on arrival. We unpacked our cases and went about the resort to see where everything was etc.
We arrived back at the room to change for dinner and discovered that we still had no bed. We also noticed that the optics were empty and that we only had two glasses, two towels, two facecloths, two robes etc.
We went down to reception to report this and were told that they were working on it.
We went to dinner and on arrival back at the room we still had none of the above, we rang reception and they said that they were still working on it. Bearing in mind we had been travelling for over 22hrs we were all extremely tired. We retired to bed – 3 adults sharing the two beds. I slept in the middle which was hot, uncomfortable and really not acceptable.
The following morning I went down to reception to be told “my lady, we are working on getting you a bed today”. I asked where the bed had gone that was in the original room – only to be told that this had been reallocated! I then mentioned that we only had two of everything in the room and that we needed three.
We went off for the day but on arrival back at the room nothing had been done at all. No optics, no extra towels, no third glass. We rang reception again only to be told that there wouldn’t be a bed available for tonight! I mentioned the laundry and optics and again was told that this would be sorted out.
The bar services man arrived, filled our optics and even went and filled our ice bucket for us which was very kind
The housekeeping maid arrived, documented what items we needed and said she would bring them back but we didn’t see her again!
As we couldn’t face another night of three in a bed, I slept on the concrete floor on a blue fluffy blanket from the top of the wardrobe with a sheet off the main bed! This is totally unacceptable.
I again visited reception and spoke to Jermal who listened and apologised and said he was working on getting a bed, I showed him a picture of where I slept and he was appalled and reassured me that a bed would be found. I explained about the housekeeping and lack of supplies.
We went off for the day and on arrival back at teatime we were thrilled to see a bed, the optics replenished and all laundry items that we needed! We really thought we had cracked it!
Monday – Housekeeping cleaned the room and left only two of everything again – bearing in mind we had a bed so it was pretty obvious that there was three in the room. Another call to reception – supplies never arrived.
Tuesday – we left a note for housekeeping in the room and perfect, we had three of everything but no water in the fridge at all
Thursday – housekeeping – we had three of everything but no facecloths! Another call made
Friday – housekeeping – only two bath towels and no pillow cases on any of the beds? All just left with no covers at all
Saturday – No sheets or blanket on the third bed – starting to now lose the will to live!
As you can see when you recommend a venue to your friends like I have, after staying in heaps of Riu resorts (only joining the Riu card recently) I feel totally embarrassed by the stay that we have had. I know it’s a new resort, I know that there was a terrible accident prior to our stay and that there will be teething problems but the above issues are basics? Its not hard to have three towels? Three glasses? A sheet on the bed?
I am due to be at another Riu resort in September, we have visited before but I am now slightly nervous about this as the holidays aren’t cheap and we do save extremely hard to have our breaks away. Reggae and Jamaica on the whole is a wonderful setting and place and could really be smashing but basics need to be addressed
I very much look forward to hearing from you