RIUcustomer service

Date:8.9.11

Contact Number:[protected]

Email:[protected]@hotmail.com

To whom it may concern,

I am currently on my holiday and i am writing to inform you about an incident that happened on the 6.9.11, in the Riu Garope hotel, Cape Verde.

I was in the reception area having a photo taken next to a large glass table with two ornaments on it. As i was preparing for the photo, i accidently knocked one of the ornaments causing it to fall. The ornament hit the centre of the glass and it shattered all over the floor. I immediatly admitted liability for it, but also you must appreciate that it was an accident. I was very apoligetic to the staff but felt that one member of staff in particular, who was the manager at the time, dealt with the situation in a ill-mannered way. He was very angry and abrupt quoting "you will pay, you will pay!"

We wantedto discuss the situation in a calm environment and with our holiday Rep. We arranged to meet with them at 10:00 oclock the following morning. I arrived at reception with a friend i had met whilest im on holiday as he was a witness to the incident and as the rep was in a welcome meeting, we were greeted by two managers of the hotel and a man who looked very intimidating, and was led into the managers office. We explained what had happened to the managers, but the manager who was on duty at the time of the incident had already informed them of a story that was completely different to what had actually happened. We explained again that it was an accident but it was at this point that one of the managers presented me with a scrap piece of paper with the sum of €6147.00 quoting again that "i must pay!" He also said that if i didnt pay we wouldnt be able to leave the country until w epaid the fee. As you can appreciate i was very scared and intimidated, and i also felt that i have been interegated and bullied by the managers into paying this fee, which i havent got. We left the meeting as we wanted to speak to our rep, Maria. We were told to return at 11:00 oclock to discuss it with Maria. We discussed it with her and she went in to speak to the managers. Within less than 5 minutes she returned and the sum had miraculously reduced to €3000.00. We discussed our insurance policy and we are insured against this but i am absolutly disgusted with how this has been dealt with. I admitted liability for the accident and feel that if i have took advantage of and discriminated against because i am a young man, and surely a huge company like this would have insurance accidental damage. As for the managers at this hotel they dealt with this situation in a inappropriate manner making me feel upset, worried and scared. I also feel that had this accident happened with a little child it would not have been dealt with like this. Riu is a well known company and have hotels all over the world, but this experience is abserd and i certainly wont be booking a Riu hotel again. This hotel is supposed to be a 5 star hotel therefore the customer service should be 5 star aswell. I would appreciate any advice or help you could provide using the contact details above. Thankyou. Thomas Hall.

• Pa
    Patty4321 Sep 20, 2015

hola nesesito estuve hopedada la semana pasada y me robaron mi bestida de boda se pasaron nose como me lo ban a devolvre nesesito ke investigen mi recamara fue 933 del 7 al 14 nesesito una respuesta xke no es la primera cosa ke pierdo x fabor nesesito una respursta mi correo es [email protected]

• Ou
    Oudom Jul 18, 2014

After I read this Posted I am feel sick inside my stomach. I hope people look at the RIU motel customer compliant review before booking If they don't they are vacation will be nightmare, Or they will be paying a lot of money but get a penny service.
    The RIU hotel is world class hotel, they are may be a 4 or 5 star but wont be for long if you see all of the compliant review. They are ruling they own reputation.
    The RIU motel management and the customer service from top to bottom is seem like their don't have education, no manner, very rude. The manager are No respect to the customer, there don't know how to handle things.
    Here is what I just experience one and I sent this to the customer service. There is no respond.
    Here is what I sent it to them. I like to share with you how disappointed I am on this trip that I ever experience with RIU management teams.

For last five years I have been travel in Mexico. twice a years I only stay at the RIU hotel RIU PVR, all RIU Cancun. All RIU Cabo san Lucas And. RIU mazatlan. This is third time in four years that I have stay at RIU Mazatlan. This is very disappointed I ever experience over the world class hotel like this.

On the second day that I stay at the RIU Mazatlan, during this trip There where incident happen. One of the Hispanic guy was looking for his daughter desperately at the pool area At that moment I knew how his feel there where nothing scare more then loosing your own kid.
    at that time I ask him how old his daughter is. what she is wearing, how tall, after that I told three of my kids. my wife, and my self help him looking for that child
    About a couple minute gone by after we looking we could find it I decide to bring it up to let the management of the RIU hotel know the kid are missing because this is under they are responsibility so there can do something about it before it too late.

At that time I thought the manager of the RIU would radio the gate for the security temporary lock down first ( no one in or out at the gate ) then have the people look for the kid until we find it. than follow up the second Step that what ever that it

When I bought that up to the manager. First he was very mad, angry. for he is being mad I kind the understand that, but I couldn't or never understand the way he respond it back to me. especially world class hotel like Riu.

He respond was sir! this is big problem in Mexico for loosing the child. Then he said to me you can be kick out of the motel for it. Then he said you much be very stupid to loosed your child and walking away, and he said with the angry voice.

He repeatedly say " you much be very stupid to loosed your child, and. He say you have to leave the motel "

I try my best to talk to him to let him know that was not my kid. I am trying to help only. But the manager was way too angry. Not listening to what I trying to explain to him. He just let his motion taking over him. If you let me guess he is about mid 50. Man of this age. And the position that he is he should be calm and handle this very well.

I don't know how did he got the job at the world class hotel like this. His assistance handle batter then him. Clam more then him.

About 5 minute later they found the kid than the riu manager walk past by my daughter and told her you much be very stupid to loosed your child. And than he walk past me while I am talking to one of his step To explaining to him that is not my kid. While he past by he threatening me next time you out of here!!

Than I told his step ok check me out. return my money. I am more then happy to leaved here right now. There is no next time. I told him I am not very happy to be here anymore. I am disappointed. And disgusting how he talk to me. And how he handle. Calling me. And my daughter stupid. He is very disrespectful for the manager like him talk to customer like me who try to help.

Then his step was calm me down, and. apologize for his behavior. After his step talk to me i was happy at lease there where one good employee handle right I decide to stay.

In my opinion he should thanks me for helping out.

After the next day I talk to the step that who calm me down and apologize for his boss mis behavior, very disrespectfully to the good customer. I ask him have you explain to him. I ask. He say yes I did and he said the manager are understand and know now that he wrong

After that I was expecting his apology. There were he walk past by me 4 time he didn't even say hello.

I understand that no one is perfect.

But this is I never understand how the world class hotel manager are very disrespect like this.

This manager he is about late 50's his anger is more then his cool. He doesn't know how to handle the situation.

His name is Zamora.