Menard's Complaints & Reviews

Menard'scustomer service

Today I went to return some items I recently purchased... With cash! My purse was stolen recently which contained the receipts to the items. After about 45 mins the lady returned with a yellow slip of paper and said she emailed someone and they would be in touch!!! They kept mt items... Totally treated me like a criminal because I had paid with cash!!! Thats unexceptable!! I mean I can understand not returning them... But keeping them and basically telling me to get [censored]ed!!!

Menard'smilk maid royals

I bought a huge bag of Royals and there was only 6 butter rum candies in there. I know it sounds silly but I only like the butter rum, sorry LOVE the butter rum. I am highly disappointed. I wish I could buy a bag of only butter rum. Sorry to have taken up your time...I just really love them and the only place I've ever seen them are at Menard's, so I bought a big bag.

RESOLVED

It wasn't even Menard's, it was Brach's candy company. Don't know how in the hell it got on Menard's????

Menard'smaple nut goodies

Purchased at Menard's on 8-3-2017. Expiration date on product 01/22/2018. My husband, sister, & myself were unable to eat these because they were extremely hard. At first I thought the item was old, but the expiration date verified it was not hold. I am requesting a refund of the purchase amount of $3.69. Please send the refund to: Marlene Maxwell, 4417 Crooked Oak Rd, Piedmont, SD 57769. My email address is; [protected]@aol.com. Home phone number is [protected].

• Updated by joemar · Aug 04, 2017

Purchased at Menard's on 8-3-2017. Expiration date on product 01/22/2018. My husband, sister, & myself were unable to eat these because they were extremely hard. At first I thought the item was old, but the expiration date verified it was not hold. I am requesting a refund of the purchase amount of $3.69. Please send the refund to: Marlene Maxwell, 4417 Crooked Oak Rd, Piedmont, SD 57769. My email address is; [email protected] Home phone number is [protected].

• Updated by joemar · Aug 04, 2017

Crazy abc

Menard'sPolicy

Bought plants from here was told if they died bring them back and would be replaced after taking care of them for a month they died took them back you guessed it they wouldn't take them back! It's not the money it's their policy and the fact that the little witch at the counter was flipping rude! I work in customer service she would work for me for about 5 minutes! After spending thousands of dollars at this Menard's all I can say is BYE we will be spending our money at LOWE'S and HOME DEPOT they are NICE and oh yes they stand behind their policies! I never complain because I do know what it's like to be behind the counter but when I am giving you MY hard earned money you need to stand behind YOUR policy and treat ME with respect! I will take my money elsewhere thank you!

Menard'sFalling merchandise

Yesterday my husband was looking at solid oak 1 x 3's, 6-footers, when 3-4 of them tipped out of the storage bin and hit him on the head, leaving 3 visible knots plus a small scrape on his forehead. He reported it, and the store personnel filled out an accident report, but never asked him to sign it and never showed it to him. He asked for ice for the lumps on his head, and he was told there was some "back in the employees' first aid kit", but no one ever got it for him. When I got home from work (within about an hour of the injury), I took him to the ER, stopping in briefly at Menard's to take some pictures and speak to the manager. I have attached a picture of the dangerous set-up Menard's has for storing their lumber--stacked upright with no chains or bars across them to keep them from falling. If they aren't stacked at an angle, they tip forward very easily.

After taking the photos, I asked to speak to the highest level of manager in the store. I told him I was taking my husband to the ER, and he said that was good (they had already told him they would pay for it if he went to the doctor). I told him that my husband said he was never shown the accident report or asked to sign it, so we would like a copy. He said no, they don't give those out. (Why NOT? and why wasn't the injured person given a chance to see if they wrote it up accurately??) I also told him that I was upset that my husband had asked for ice, and was not given any, when he had visible bumps on his head. He said they didn't have any. I suggested they could have used snow (we have PLENTY on the ground now) and a ziploc bag. He said, and I quote "We're not Boy Scouts here." Nice, huh? I will be contacting their corporate offices about both the unsafe displaying of lumber, and also the disgusting attitude of the manager. He just kept saying "We did everything we were supposed to. We asked him if he wanted to sit down, and he said 'no'; we asked him if he wanted us to call someone, and he said 'no'." Well, my husband said they did ask him if he wanted to sit down, but he said they did NOT ask him if he wanted them to call someone (which I think they SHOULD HAVE, with a head injury). He said they just asked him what he wanted to do, and he said he didn't know.

Falling merchandise

1 Response
            • Ra
              radha108 Dec 25, 2009

I feel for your husband and your situation, i recently went through a simalar situation at Ross store where 2 boxes fell on my head! I was with my 2 kids and after the blow to my head I was very disorrientated . When i spoke with the manager and store personal who were taking my report which they also wouldn't give me a copy off, I told them i feel really dizzy and feel like sitting down, they pointed off into the distance and told me i "could sit in the dressing room if i wanted!" it has now been 6weeks and i am still suffering neck and extreme back pain because of the insidence!!! Make sure you take every mesurre that your husband is properly cared for by seeing Doctors and making sure there isn't any long term damage, which you will be paying for later! You might need a lawyer to actually get the medical bills paid for!!!

Menard's — My car damaged

When I was shopping inside Menard's store, my car in Menard's parking lot was hit by a shopping...