Renewal by AndersenDon't Buy Renewal by Andersen Windows

U Review updated:

I have just spent a frustrating 6 mos trying to get quality replacement windows in my house. Short story, I was charged $15, 000 for 10 windows, and they are worse quality than standard Andersen windows that you can get from Home Depot for less than $500. The temperature is about 10-12 degrees Fahrenheit colder at the base of their window-the windows are leaky and drafty. They look like crap with glued and stapled vinyl covering the old wood frames that they said they would replace. I have tried to get them to renegotiate the price to one that is more equitable for what they installed but got nowhere. Now I'm headed to litigation. Save yourself the trouble and don't buy Renewal by Andersen. They're a predatory company. They promise you quality work, but I'm left with glass and debris covering the property.

• Ji
    Jim Burrow Aug 22, 2021

My wife and I were approached by the con man / salesman who told us the 8 windows would cost us $32, 000. We live in a house that was built in 1954. We weren't looking for windows that would deflect a nuclear attack just something that would be better than the old wood framed windows that were originally installed. Needles to say we did not take their GENEROUS deal so we found another installer that a woman at our credit Union turned us on to and all 8 windows were replaced for $2800, imagine that! It still turns my blood cold every time I see one of their many ads come on over the television. They are a bunch of ripoffs and a bunch of crooks taking advantage of anyone who'll take the bait. SHAME ON THEM!

Dan De Mar 05, 2021

Warning watch out for Renewal by Anderson sale people they will trick you by having you sign on there computer then change the information without your knowledge just be careful of there over price windows and patio doors there are much cheaper and better quality out there if you shop around

Dan De Mar 05, 2021

Stay a way from Renewal by Anderson they are just over price windows and patios doors there are much better and cheaper quality if you look the sales people are very con they will tell you one thing change the contract with out you knowing

• Ga
    Gary G Lennon Jan 07, 2021

When my windows were installed, none were sealed like I was told they would be.. Then they had to remove and replace the newly installed trim because it was all installed properly. And I paid $17, 000.00 for this poor service.. Very Disapointed with this company..

• Gc
    G.Creess Jul 03, 2020

I'm an 93 year old widow and recently installed 15 RBA windows at a cost of $38, 000 dollars. The windows "look" good, but the carpenters not so good. The piece down the center of each set seems to be put on with only one small nail and the pieces come right off in my hand. They did tell me that the wood windows would have to be painted - by me - so I'll have to do that or hire someone. All the little nail holes should be filled, but that's another job left for me. My house is old and there is some rot. They said minor work would be included in the price but my grandson was going to the major repairs.. They automatically did that and just doubled the price of the windows for $19, 000. I could go on but it would take too long for you to read. I doubt if they did too much repair and I need to have the shingles removed to check - for my benefit - as I don't think I'll get any satisfaction from RBA.
    [email protected]

Lorrainemarie Sep 24, 2020

@G.Creess I have many of the same problems! I could write a book about how bad this company is. Shoddy work. Windows don't fit properly. Customer service is terrible. Run, don't walk away from this company. My friend used Window World and she is completely satisfied. Not one complaint with her windows. She came by to look at my windows and made her decision NOT to use Renewal and to go with Window World. I also heard good things about Newpro.

• Here's the link to my blog:

• Thanks for the info, window man. To update the saga, I met with a Southard representative. His comment when I complained that the windows leak air? "All windows leak air". Are you kidding me? Why don't they tell you that when they are selling the windows? Anyway, I just sent an exhaustive report with pictures and documentation to the Kansas Attorney General. I plan to start a blog - seems there are enough dissatisfied customers that a class action lawsuit is possible to get these guys to stop advertising their "quality product" with "up to 70% more energy efficient windows" (what they don't tell you is compared to what-an open window?)

Lorrainemarie Sep 24, 2020

@Unhappy Customer of Renewal by Andersen Wish I saw this review before I made the biggest mistake of my life using Renewal by Andersen. Run, don't walk away from this company. I have tons of pictures also. My house is so much colder in the winter since installation. They won't fix the shoddy work done. Said my house is settling and that is why the windows don't fit properly. What???? They treat you like a [censored]. My old windows were so much better appearance wise and keeping my house cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Run, don't walk from this company! My friend used Window World (would not use Renewal after seeing my windows) and she has not had one problem and her windows look great!

Dan De Mar 05, 2021

@Unhappy Customer of Renewal by Andersen Stay a way from over price renewal by Anderson there better quality out there if you look Anderson is just over price junk watch out for there salesman they will lie to you save yourself the trouble stay away from renewal by Anderson

• If you have had problems with RBA aka Southard Corporation, I encourage you to immediately contact the Kansas Attorney Generals office, http://www.ksag.org/page/file-a-consumer-complaint, to file a complaint. After several letters to the company, a complaint with BBB in Wichita, I finally received a visit from the Southard Representative. He acknowledged that the windows do not look like my previously installed Andersen windows (and said they don't do that kind of installation, completely the opposite of what the salesman claimed), and his answer for leaky windows was that "all windows leak air" (not what they claimed when they were selling me the windows). I have documented everything and I'm hopeful that the attorney general can force this company to stop deceptive sales practices and shoddy workmanship. Here are more photos of windows-would you want windows installed like this?

Comments

• As promised, here are pics of how the windows looked after installation, a zoom on the shoddy caulking, and an example of the debris left after the wrapping. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of all of the glass they left behind. They never came out to clean up the mess-I was forced to clean it up myself.

Lorrainemarie Sep 24, 2020

@Unhappy Customer of Renewal by Andersen Wish I saw these reviews before I used Renewal. Biggest mistake of my life using them. Shoddy work by the installers. Windows don't fit properly. Mosquitos are getting in the house. Getting condensation on the picture window. Had to put weather stripping on all windows. Customer service is terrible. Run, don't walk from this company.

Dan De Mar 05, 2021

@Lorrainemarie Renewal by Anderson is just over price junk there are better quality out there if you look 👀 be careful of the sale pitch they will lie to you

• You're exactly right. He told me I was getting custom made (full frame replacement), but he wrote up the order as an insert replacement. I don't know anything about windows, so I don't know the difference when I read pages and pages of contract. This sounds like a bait and switch sales practice, don't you think? I have already contacted the BBB (one of those complaints is mine), but now I'm going to contact the KS attorney general's office. "Mad as hell" doesn't even come close to describing what I feel right now. For others contemplating using RBA windows, please check back on this blog-I'll upload pictures of the window installation, and areas under the window covered with broken glass and debris. Again, I really appreciate all of your help, window man.

• Window man, thanks for the useful information. I wish I had it before I made the decision to install RBA windows. As an update, a Southard Corp. representative visited my home to look at the windows while I was out of town. I've heard nothing since. I did find that one of the screens has a large tear, and I believe that this was done by the installers and probably they thought I wouldn't notice. After talking with RBA customers and also searching the internet, I think that I was charged about 40-50% over what the normal RBA window costs. Evidently they have a ready-made window and custom. Although I was told I would get a custom window, I got the ready-made, for the custom price. I'm going to offer them a settlement price, and if they refuse (or ignore me as they have done since I've started complaining), I'll have no recourse but to go to litigation. Would appreciate other input as to experiences with RBA in Kansas.