Regushidden charges/inefficient billing

I recently signed an agreeement with Regus-move-in date is December, and I have had ongoing problems with the billing department as well as having discovered that I am locked into a 3-month virtual office agreement post-my tenancy ending. Specifically, though I provided the billing department with my credit card details for my deposit, they still have not deducted the amount from my c. card. Though I e-mailed and posted my direct debit mandate form back to them in September, still, no direct debit has been set up as of yet. Instead, I received an invoice for December with two late payment fees on it! Two late payment fees I refuse to pay, given I provided Regus with all the information they needed in order to take the necessary payment, yet they failed to do so.

My recent problem that prompted this complaint is that, to my horror, I stumbled across numerous on-line negative write-up's on Regus, by Regus tenants, specifically, re-the hidden charges, the most common one being the 3-month automatic VO agreement. I decided to look at my T & C today and to my horror, see that I may have signed up for a 3-month VO agreement after my current lease ends. I find this so dishonest of Regus because when I signed my agreement, the only charges put on my agreement were the ones I agreed to-my area sales manager did not mention a VO agreement. I need to explain that I am a sole trader, I earn about £40, 000/year (before deducting my expenses). I am not a big corporate company and simply can't afford a VO agreement that I did not agree to, or need. It is wrong to assume that all Regus tenants will need a VO. I have no need for one. My Centre Manager will not be answering my calls-I take all of my own calls due to the nature of my work. I am not one of theit big clients, and I feel strongly that their contracts should be modified according to their tenant's needs and more importantly to their income. I am now wondering if signing my agreement was the biggest business mistake I have made thus far. I am a small company and find the hidden charges most dishonest. This is no way to welcome a new tenant.

• Re
    Regus Help Nov 18, 2009

Could you please clarify which Regus Centre are you refering? I am sure that Regus will be happy to clarify this issue with the centre Manager

SAZzle Aug 31, 2010

Hi

I totally agree! I moved into the Slough one and 3 weeks in they moved me to the Bath Road one which is behind my house! Surely they would have known they were closing down...I wouldnt have signed up to move 5 mins from my house! I had a tiny office, no phone and no post as I simply wanted to see whether I would need an office as I am a young person and said to myself, if it doesnt work, then you can always leave.

Well I've just been billed £740 for a VO. Why...I could pick up my post if I ever get any...I received 2 letters and one parcel in 3 months and I dont get visitors as I visit my clients. Its an absolute con! I guess you don't realise it till you actually want to leave. I can't justify handing over this money when its a 5 min walk from my house!! I feel like taking this to Watchdog.

The area sales manager completely failed to mention this. I kept saying is that it...no hidden fees and he said there would be none. More the fool me for not understanding that section on the T&Cs. I am a start up and there is no way I can throw this kind of money on them doing nothing in an empty space.

Do let me know if you're successful in this. I shall talk to the head of Slough Estates, Watchdog and whoever as this is totally unacceptable as I dont need a VO, and neither do hundreds of other frustrated business owners!

• Mn
    "Mônica Illa" Mar 03, 2016

I totally agree. I had the same problem with Regus Palm Beach. I tried to cancel my contract and the person in charge always had an excuse. I am very disappointed with their service.