Menu
Regal Cinemas Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Regal Cinemas
reviews & complaints

www.regmovies.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 173 Reviews

Regal Cinemas Complaints Summary

8 Resolved
163 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Regal Cinemas with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Regal Cinemas has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Regal Cinemas. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Regal Cinemas Cleanness inside the movies

Hacienda Stadium 20IMAX & RPX
5000 Dublin Blvd.
Dublin, CA. 94568
On January 20, 2023 at 8:30pm, brought 4 tickets to see 4DX Avatar with family. The cleanness was awful. There was a horrible snitch, we couldn't even enjoy are snacks.
COVID is still around very strong. In order to keep the protection of your customer's cleanness should be high priority.
Liatrice McFadden

Desired outcome: cleanness in movie theater, free tickets to another movie.

View 0 more photos
Update by Liatrice
Jan 30, 2023 2:52 pm EST

Hello,

How long does it take for me to get a response from the board? It is imperative that my voice is heard regarding cleanness/ COVID.

Not a happy customer

Liatrice

1:58 am EST

Regal Cinemas Regal Theatre are Prince Kuhio Plaza, Hilo, Hawaii

Brought my kids to watch Puss in Boots, 730pm showing on Saturday January 21st. Bought tickets and snacks went in and theater was warm but figured they would turn AC on closer to movie time. 30 minutes into movie, we are sweating it’s so hot! I go out and ask one of the workers to turn up the AC because it’s super hot in the theater, he telle me “sorry, that AC is broken”. I went to the concession where the manager and 2 employees were laughing and playing around. Told them that the theatre (#3) was so hot and that if the AC was brown they should have advised that when we bought the tickets. They all looked at each other and then the Manager proceeded to act as if he didn’t know it was broken and said he’d look into it. He then asked who told me it was broken, and I wasn’t about to get the poor guy in trouble that told me the truth. We ended up leaving the theater, they didn’t offer a refund or anything, just shrugged their shoulders and said nothing. We used to frequent the movies and looked forward to going back, not so much now. Also, seats were uncomfortable, broken, dirty. Noe a theater I would voluntarily go to again.

I
11:10 pm EST

Regal Cinemas Was sold tickets for show already in progress no answer when transferred to theater

On Friday 1/20/2023 we purchased 3 tickets online (after trying to determine what the difference is between all the different types of screens through Google)
Upon receiving the confirmation WPGK8D4 We immediately saw they were not for the next day Saturday 1/21 at 505pm which we were trying to book, but were for a show that had already been running for over 30 minutes!
I assured my son who was treating us to a movie for my birthday that there would be a manager we could call to assist us.

There was not.

We dialed (from multiple phones) both 559.447.3247 and 844.462.7342 and followed the prompts to be connected to a team member but were left on hold and "transferring" for over an hour. This has been a really frustrating experience. We used to attend every blockbuster opening day driving an hour to Fresno to enjoy this theater back in the early 2000s but have since switched to a luxurious Galaxy Theater in Tulare CA. We just thought we would try an IMAX experience since it was my birthday. We regret it.

We really just wanted a quick exchange so we could go enjoy this movie tomorrow. At this point with no guarantee of refund or tickets or seating we are really frustrated.
I can be reached for resolution at 559.380.5300
Iliana Ordonez

Desired outcome: Tickets for AVATAR for 1/21/23 505pm showing, Free Popcorn and snacks, and dramatic systems improvement.

D
5:36 pm EST

Regal Cinemas Ticket prices

I went to see the avatar last night. The person asked if I was a regal member, I said no. He proceeded to charge me $35.50 for 2 tickets. I said the price is supposed to be $10.50 a piece. He said only if your a member. Ok. So then I asked him how to become a member and he said “ just download the app and verify your email address “. Well by now he had already run my debit card through so it was to late to do anything. I was so angry. With all the prices of everything lately we all look for a way to save some money. You should probably tell your employees to give a person a chance to do something. And it wasn’t packed, we were the only people buying tickets at the time and there only ended up being 8 people in our Theater. So it’s not like they were busy. It has been quite some time since we went to the movies and as of last night, it will be quite some time again.

Desired outcome: Partial refund

1:11 pm EST

Regal Cinemas tickets

I have tickets for a 1:30 showing today and there is an ice storm. I'm not willing to drive all the way to the theatre. The site won't allow a refund as I got on 40 minutes before the showing. I called the theatre and they won't issue the refund. Tickets purchased for 12/23/22 for a 1:38 showing. I don't feel it's worth the risk to drive there as I live 30 minutes away.

Robert Petruzzi

[protected]@gmail.com

[protected]

Desired outcome: refund the tickets

1:13 pm EST

Regal Cinemas Terrible rewards and customer service

Regal Winter Park No straws! Poor customer service, unlimited yet no explanation to why I can’t see movie. Unlimited 2D movies in writing. I have rewards and I apparently accidentally hit the popcorn upgrade instead of the free popcorn and I asked if I could change it, she said no. What’s the point of having rewards and going to a theater & customer service if they can’t fix problems and management that can’t fix issues? Regal has absolutely fallen apart. AMC is much better and pulling away. I think I’ll let my unlimited expire and switch back to AMC

Desired outcome: Fix the free rewards popcorn & tell me why I can’t use my unlimited to see I heard bells. Fix your customer service

E
12:26 am EST

Regal Cinemas Poor management/staff customer service

My son and I went to the 7 pm showing of Violent Night on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at the Warrington Crossing Regal Theater.

I am a Regal Card member. We bought our tickets in advance. When we got to the theater, as has happened in previous visits to this location, no one was at either entrance to check tickets. One high school employee was leaning against the bar watching the football game. We just walked in without anyone saying a word. I guess they don't care about paying/non-paying customers

For the first 20 minutes of the movies, we were the only people in the theater.

A family of 4 than came in. Except for taking a phone call and talking on the phone, they weren't an inconvenience. With 15 minutes left in the movies, 4 teenagers came in and sat at the top of the theater. Except for seeing them enter, Never heard from them while the movie was playing. We sit through the credits at the end...as usual. When from up top, a soda comes flying over us and hits the floor in front of us. We quickly turn around to find 3 of the4 kids ducking for cover. The 4th one comes down, apologizes and picks up the soda. Though irritated , I accept the apology and we continue to watch the ending credits. A minute later, multiple soda come flying down from the top crashing to the floor in front of us. At this point, my son and I are upset. Stand up and turn around and ask what their problem is. They say nothing. I head out the door to the lobby asking for a manager . The girl at the door calls for Jake , who is the night manager that night. He is no more than the ages of the kids who threw the items. I am frustrated and explain the situation and ask him to call the police. His first words are, "Let me give you two passes to another movie" I tell him, I don't want passes . I have the Regal monthly pass. What do I need passes for. It was as if he was saying here, take these and go. So, again, I ask him to call the police for 2 reasons. First and foremost , to report the incident but, also, just as important, I don't want any problems once we get outside . Jake is flustered...emotions are taking over his ability to think calmly and clearly. He asks the 4 teens to leave and there are words exchanged as they walk passed us. He tells us that he can't call the police until he fills out a form as they have a policy that he needs to follow. He tells me that I should call the police. I asked him 6 times to call the police, each time , he refuses until finally he goes to his office to call.

Along comes Sara, not a manager of anytime, who decides to add gas to the fire by saying that there is nothing they can do as the people left. I still ask for the police to be called...again. Sara strikes the pose of being annoyed by leaning against the bar with her hands behind her and asking us if we got a good look at the people. Stating that she is going to be a lawyer one day and that if we can't identify them than again there is nothing we can do. I intern tell her that her attempt at any cordial customer service is lacking. She shrugs her shoulders. I also ask if they have cameras here to show if these people even paid to get in here. She tells me that they were removed during renovations. We wait 15 minutes for the police and no one shows up. We leave.

I realized that in my rush to find a manager that I left my phone in the theater.

I come back to the theater to find some of the employees laying on furniture and , again, with poor attitudes when I asked if they had found a phone when they cleaned venue 9. He stays lying down and says no.

Luckily, there is 1 really good employee who says she will take me to the theater and help me locate it. Which we did. She also apologizes for the actions from earlier and how poorly they handled it as she overheard what was going on. She did in 5 minutes what Jake and Sara couldn't do in the 20 minutes when I was there earlier She told me that the police never showed up. Instead of calming down an issue and handling it with customer service, They made it as if I was the issue and the problem.

I even asked Jake for the manager of this Regals business card. His reply was " I can't give you that". Thus , further infuriating me. I said, you can't give me the name and the direct phone number of this place so that I can speak to him tomorrow. His reply was "I can't give you his home number". I never asked for his home number. I only wanted the name of the manager and the direct number of this Regal. Again, 0 customer service

When I spoke to the manager, Eric Mills, on Tuesday. He did apologize was more in tune to the fact that we didn't wait for the police to arrive. His tone was unsympathetic and very much like a police officer taking a report. His first concern was that the police came and no one was there. He said he would talk to all those involved and what would I like as compensation. I said that I am not calling him to get some sort of compensation but to complain how poorly this Regal is run. This wasn't the first time for something like this happening. Not 1 Regal employee came into the theater to do a walk around or to check that things were okay. I was told by Eric that they should have done it twice.

Why is it that the Regal in Oxford Valley has a ticket taker blocking the entrance to the theater but I never see one on the Sundays that I've gone to the Warrington Crossing?

Desired outcome: I would like my pass to be renewed on Regal for the next three months

P
3:27 am EST

Regal Cinemas Theater Regal Cinema Crocker Park Westlake Ohio

I have gone to Regal Cinemas for many years and spent a lot of money on admissions and treats with my huge family. Yesterday at Crocker Park Regal in Westlake, a person at the podium whim I consulted regarding a movie showtime was rude and condescending. I reported that to the manager (Randy?) and he seemed unconcerned. Then when I purchased my ticket a man behind the counter with really huge hair in an afro style refused to answer my question about disabled seating and laughed in my face over and over again and insulted me. I am thoroughly disgusted and have never experienced anything this abusive in my 65 years. Please phone me at [protected]. Thankyou, Mr. O'Malley

Desired outcome: Compensation

O
2:31 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Regal deer park NY

10/14/2022 9:50pm bought 5 tickets to see halloween when I arrived 20 min before movie started. There was no drinks other than water 1st complaint as I arrived with kids who wanted something other than that to drink with popcorn and candy. Then while watching the movie security came in to remove a few people who were causing distrction. They refused to move. After minutes of unconvincing they finally paused the movies as they continued to scream back and fourth. I had an awful time. I do have videos to upload but im usuing a desktop

Desired outcome: REFUND

9:51 am EDT

Regal Cinemas Regmovies.com

I had a Regal Cimes app with 1500 points and $20 in movie passes but know I can't access the app because I keep getting an error message (1020) 74467f375e90b133

Desired outcome: Fix this please or send me 2 $10 gift cards for movie purchase at REGAL Cinemas

View 0 more photos
3:59 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Unlimited service

Okay I tried using your online system which is of no use to anyone! the reason for my complaint is quite simple,... I lost my debit card and was issued a new one from my banking institution. I immediately added the new car number and pertinent information to take priority over the last previous card.

However,... your system is lacking as in reference to altering/modifying/or updating your system of personal information for unlimited service.

Then I went on the Internet,... obtained a telephone number for your headquarters in Kentucky. I dialed [protected], option 1, only to receive a pre-recorded message's basically stating to go to your website for any customer service. WTF,... it's quite obvious and objectively looking at the way the regal cinemas conducts business that they have little time or concern for individuals trying to utilize your unlimited service and modify/alter/or update any personal contact information.

I can see why your stock market value has decreased.

Nicholas Leon

5:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Regal Cinemas Regal gift card purchased during the covid pamdamic that I was told today had expired. This was the first time that I ever used the gift card

The Regal gift card number is [protected]. After the ticket agent scratched off the silver area the code number was 1691. This card has never been used before today. Telling me is had expired was not the answer I wanted to hear. I took my grandson to see the Minnions 2 at the Morgantown theater.

Address for movie theater 1001 Morgantown Drive, Morgantown, WV 26501 Regal crown bl

Desired outcome: I would like my gift card reissure for the amount that my son paid when he purchased the card

12:46 am EDT

Regal Cinemas General Manager Regal winrock Albuquerque NM

I'd like to file a formal complaint against the general manager of the Regal Winrock, Albuquerque, NM on Saturday, 08/06/22, 10pm.

I didn't get his name (employees were to scared to give his name), he's an African-American (older gentleman) that manages the Regal Winrock theater in Albuquerque, NM.

I've never witnessed someone as obnoxious and condescending to his employees as I did this evening.

I personally witnessed this manager being verbally abusive to his employees, and one in particular when I walked near the office.

It's totally unprofessional to behave in the manner he did, towards his employees, in front of customers.

I felt so sorry for those kids working the night shift this evening. A good boss will get in there and help their employees, not be belittling and condescending or insulting. That's not the proper way to treat your employees period.

I will never return back to this theater, and I'll make sure to let everyone know the behavior of this individual.

If this individual is not disciplined for his unprofessional behavior, and bullying of his employees, I will not hesitate to contact our local news media to report the theater.

Desired outcome: This individual should be terminated.

Read full review of Regal Cinemas and 1 comment
1 comment
Richard Atkins
Sandia Park, US
Jul 29, 2023 2:03 pm EDT

The A/C was turned off for the 6:25 pm, IMAX showing of "Oppenheimer" at the Regal Winrock last night. For a 3 hour movie with no A/C, it was A MISERABLE EVENING! What were they thinking?! I want my $40 back!

Richard Atkins

A
4:32 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Pool of butter on popcorn ruin clothing

Thursday, July 28,2022. We went to see the 2pm DC League of Super Pet at Regal Cinema at Deer Park, NY. We bought a small popcorn with butter and mozzarella sticks. But it was a pool of butter in the popcorn which my son’s pants and shirt were stained with butter. The name of the person who did the popcorn was Vikas. We didn’t know how much butter in the popcorn until half way through that we felt a pool of oily fluid inside the bag. I spoke with Vikas afterwards and said some people want extra butter but we never ask for that. He apologized but my son’s clothing were totally ruin.

Desired outcome: When I made the complaint to Vikas, an apology just didn’t do it because the clothes were ruin. Regal could offered to pay for dry clean expenses.

10:30 am EDT

Regal Cinemas Injury

A group of 7 went to the Regal Cinema in Brier Creek, Raleigh to watch the 6:20pm showing of Maverick on the 13 July 2022. the showing was in screen 6 and midway through the film it started raining inside the theatre. As I was going down to report it I slipped on the wet floor and twisted my ankle, I went and spoke to the manager Thomas who said he will look into it. He came and put some plastic bags on the chairs which made it worse as all I could hear was rain drops hitting the plastic. At the end of the film I spoke to the Manager and he was rude and un helpful we was willing to provide passes for the inconvenience but wanted to see proof of the purchase of the tickets. I asked to speak to his manager and all he gave me was his name Thor no contact details and then called security to escort me out of the building. His behavior in a customer service environment was unacceptable. I am hoping we can come to some reasonable resolution without having to take this any further.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund for the tickets purchased and compensation for my ankle injury due to the wet floor.

1:10 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Showing r-rated movie trailer at a pg-13 rated movie

On Sunday, July 11th at 6:40pm, we took our two daughters to see the new Jurassic Park: World Dominion movie for a "Family Night" at our local Regal Cinema (Niles, Ohio). It was extremely disappointing that the trailer for the Rated-R movie "Bro's" was shoved in our faces and in the faces of our children.

Within the first seconds of the trailer, the word "God _ _ mn" was said. Other language included "gay sex," "bi-sexual," "lesbian," and "throuple."

There is a gay bar scene in which a man is pointing out to another man and stating that he "had sex with that 65 year old." and then pointing out to another man stating that he is, "very hot."

One scene depicts two men "play fighting" on a blanket that turns into them laying on top of each other and kissing. The others in the scene who think that these men are fighting throw their hands up and state, "It's cool," before walking away realizing they are making out.

Next comes a PRIDE Parade depicted, along with a statement "You can't say that Abraham Lincoln was gay." Yet another statement was made: "Gay sex was more fun when straight people weren't comfortable with it." Then the remark is made, "Oh my god, do you remember straight people? they had a good run."

Why would anyone in their right mind think this sort of trailer would be appropriate for children to watch? After a few seconds, we literally told our girls to look away.

We are very disappointed with Regal Cinemas allowing this R-Rated explicit garbage to be shown to our children and all other children out there, while attempting to have some family fun and see a movie. We save hard-earned money so that we can treat our children to a movie, only to have filth we do not believe in be shoved down our throats.

Desired outcome: We would like Regal Cinemas to stop showing movie trailers that are inappropriately rated for the audience watching them and to refund our money.

J
1:38 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas My unlimited Regal app is not working.

I tried to get a ticket for this Sunday using my unlimited Regal app, it wanted to charge me. I should not be charged for a movie when I get a ticket using my unlimited. I pay $22.05 a month for as many movies as I want to see.

Desired outcome: I just want the app to work. I went 6-24-22 and there was no problem.

M
3:42 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Showing R rated promotions while going to a PG rated movie

Went to see Elvis, great PG rated movie, why would you show 2 R rated promotion clips before the show? If I wanted to see explicit homosexuality and sex on the big screen I would have done so, just very fortunate that I didn't have any younger ones with me, it was embarrassing even for a mature adult to watch, the name of the promotion was 'Bros' I wish that I wasn't exposed to such trash! I didn't go to your theater to watch such filth, to bad I couldn't somehow turn it off! By the way it should have been X rated as far as I'm concerned.

Desired outcome: Don't show R rated promotions especially when the movie is rated PGPlease acknowledge my request, thank you

10:46 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Commercials and trailers

First issue is we buy your movie tickets to getaway and escape the rigors of everyday life.

Now I see that we can’t escape special interest and political spin at your theater. We were visiting Nashville and had a few hours before our flight home so we bought tickets for the new top gun movie. Very disappointed to see that political and special interest views were displayed during the time slot normally reserved for trailers of soon to be released movies. Not only did this disappoint and upset us the commercials ran long. Movie start was to be 3:05pm. The movie didn’t start until sometime after 3:30pm. Because of the unbelievable amount and length of commercials we were subjected to we had to leave a few minutes before the end so we would not miss our flight.

Again, I want to be clear. The movie theater is a place we all have warm and excited feelings for and look forward to attend. A place to escape.

If you choose to join the special interests and subject us to the same political landscape we endure daily. You no longer are that safe haven we all expect and love. That place to go and escape.

Major disappointment

Desired outcome: Shorten the trailer and commercial time so people can keep their schedules. Lead by example. Do not air any special interest or what could be viewed as political interest views..

11:29 pm EDT

Regal Cinemas Hating children

I just had a horrific experience at the regal Cinema in Bend Oregon. There was rowdy guests screaming in the theater disrupting my movie experience and everyone in theres experience. Folks went out and spoke to associates to complain about the noise because it was ridiculous. An associate of the theater comes in and sees me sitting there with my family which includes two young children. So he automatically assumes the noise is coming from my family when it was in fact coming from grown adults setting at the front of the movie theater not near me. Which causes an argument between that associate in my husband we go to speak to the shift managers on duty and they actually laughed about the situation. So my question is do you guys hate children or was it just specifically me and my children? Was me being embarrassed and singled out in a movie theater a regular occurrence for people with children or it’s that only happening to me? Is it the policy of your movie theater in the managers to laugh at patrons who is telling them what’s going on or was it just because it was me or because I had children?

I’ve never been more upset or embarrassed in a situation and will not be returning.

We was seeing Jurassic world theatre 2 at 5:10 pm 06/11/2022 Seat C 1-4

So I’m very upset and I’m unsure what to do about it just thought I would ask customer service what you guys‘ policy is on children.

Desired outcome: Want a refund

Regal Cinemas In-depth Review

Location and Accessibility: Regal Cinemas is conveniently located in the heart of [city/area], making it easily accessible for moviegoers. It is also well-connected by public transportation, with bus and train stops within walking distance. For those driving, there are parking facilities available nearby, ensuring a hassle-free experience.

Movie Selection and Variety: Regal Cinemas offers a wide range of movie genres to cater to different tastes and preferences. Their movie lineup is regularly updated, ensuring that movie enthusiasts always have something new to watch. Whether you're a fan of mainstream blockbusters or independent films, Regal Cinemas has got you covered.

Theater Facilities: The theaters at Regal Cinemas are known for their comfortable seating arrangements, allowing moviegoers to relax and enjoy the film. The theaters are also clean and well-maintained, creating a pleasant environment for movie-watching. Additionally, Regal Cinemas boasts state-of-the-art audio and visual systems, enhancing the overall movie experience.

Ticket Pricing and Discounts: Regal Cinemas offers competitive ticket prices, ensuring that moviegoers get value for their money. They also provide special discounts for students, seniors, and military personnel, making it more affordable for these groups to enjoy a movie. Additionally, Regal Cinemas offers membership programs that come with additional benefits, such as discounted tickets and exclusive screenings.

Concession Stand and Food Options: The concession stand at Regal Cinemas offers a variety of snacks and beverages to satisfy cravings during the movie. From freshly popped popcorn to a range of candy options, there is something for everyone. Regal Cinemas also understands the importance of healthier food choices and provides options to cater to those preferences.

Customer Service: The staff at Regal Cinemas is known for their friendly and helpful nature. They ensure an efficient ticketing and entry process, minimizing wait times and ensuring a smooth experience for moviegoers. Additionally, Regal Cinemas prides itself on its prompt response to customer inquiries and concerns, ensuring that any issues are addressed in a timely manner.

Special Features and Amenities: Regal Cinemas offers special features and amenities to enhance the movie-watching experience. They have IMAX and 3D movie experiences, allowing viewers to immerse themselves in the film. Regal Cinemas also provides reserved seating options, ensuring that moviegoers can choose their preferred seats in advance. Additionally, they offer private event and party bookings, making it a great venue for special occasions.

Cleanliness and Hygiene: Regal Cinemas maintains high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout their facilities. The restrooms and common areas are kept clean and well-maintained, creating a pleasant environment for moviegoers. They have regular cleaning and maintenance routines in place to ensure a comfortable and hygienic experience. Adequate sanitation measures are also implemented to prioritize the health and safety of customers.

Online Booking and Mobile App: Regal Cinemas provides a user-friendly website that makes it easy to book tickets online. They also have a mobile app that allows moviegoers to conveniently access movie schedules and purchase tickets on the go. With seamless online payment options, Regal Cinemas ensures a hassle-free booking process.

Overall Experience and Customer Satisfaction: Regal Cinemas has received positive reviews and feedback from customers, reflecting their overall satisfaction with the theater. When compared to other local theaters, Regal Cinemas stands out in terms of the overall experience it offers. However, there is always room for improvement, and customer feedback is taken into consideration to enhance the movie-watching experience further.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Regal Cinemas contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Regal Cinemas?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Regal Cinemas Customer Service. Initial Regal Cinemas complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Regal Cinemas above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Regal Cinemas. Discuss the issues you have had with Regal Cinemas and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.