Red Lobster (Wooster)falsify employment by employer

About a year ago I had worked for red lobster in wooster an by a manager I was told I was going to b at dishwasher 4 3 weeks then I was going to be moved to the cook poisition and too my surprise after the 3 weeks I was there they told me I was going to be staying at the dishwasher poisition that which I never even applied for in the application in the 1st place it was added to my application after I was told I was going to be moved to cook in 3 weeks. It doesnt seem fair for managers or even general managers to go and tell me this and not live to what they promised to me in the 1st place and further I just talked too the district manager and he told me in his nown words that we as management have a right too change our minds. However im not seeing how telling me that a poisition that I didnt even want and wouldnt even apply for without the understanding that of which the management and I agreed too that I was too move too cook in 3 weeks. Explain too me if this really fair because I dont see the logic from this. An in my mind there isnt any. I would like a response on this situation immediately or ill report it to the better busineess bureau tomarrow when they open this is not fair too my employment right nor is it right to anybody's that has had it happened too them I speak not just for me but for anybopdy that has a similar situation.

Anonymous6432 Jun 23, 2009

Well, I too have had this problem working at Red Lobster. When I was first hired I was 17 years old and I talked to the managers (after having worked there a few months) about becoming a server when I turned 18. My manager was so happy when I asked and immediately said yes, I could be a server and I would be trained as soon as I turned 18. Now I've been 18 for 6 months and I'm still a freaking busser with 7 hours a week, needless to say, I've applied at a different restaurant. Don't work at Red Lobster unless you like being lied to by an incompetent, power hungry team of "managers" that doesn't require any education, or have any standards at all.

• Mi
    Miss RedLobster Dec 02, 2010

I just quit Red Lob in Met, LA. I had been there for 4 years and followed their rules to the letter. The company claims to be so high integrity but makes no effort to rein in sociopathic managers . Some of the problems I suffered were dangerous, abusive drug dealers; rat infestation;toxic mold throughout the retaurant; but, the final straw was operating a WOODBURNING grill without ventilation!!! It had been leaking without our knowledge for a while and completely broke in summer 2010, to fix it would have affected Dir.of OPER.&GM's bonus so he had it Jerryrigged, poisonous smoke vented INTO the restaurant

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices