Ramada Worldwidefront desk gave away my room when I had a paid reservation

D Nov 05, 2018

Hotels.com Confirmation Number: [protected].
My reservation was for Fri. Nov. 2-Nov.4. I called the Ramada Plaza, 300 Jarvis St, Toronto, Ontario at 6:26 pm on Fri Nov 2 to advise that I was not coming today, but wanted to ensure that my reservation would be held for the next day Nov.3. I asked if a room # could be assigned. They said that is done at check-in. I asked by when I needed to check in the following day to ensure my reservation was kept and the reply was any time after 3 pm.

When I arrived at 9 pm on Sat Nov 3 to check in with my 2 young children I was told the hotel was full and my room had been given away. I told the Front Desk that I called the hotel the night before to advise them. Nothing was written on my file that I called in. I asked if everyone had checked in and the reply was no, therefore there were rooms that could have been assigned to me. The reply from the Front Desk, (May) was that these people had a reservation. I asked what about the reservation I had and prepaid in advance? She refused to help. I asked for the hotel manager and she told me that the hotel manager was not working that evening. She turned me and my 2 young children on to the street with no where to sleep.