Raintree Vacation Club Internationalfailed to refund down payment

S Review updated:

On June 5th, my husband and I attended a time share presentation for a Raintree resort - Grand Regina - in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Initially we intended to purchase the plan but after the presentation, the financial representative A. Cortez ([protected]@raintreeclub.com) provided conflicting information. It was at that time that we decided not to move forward with the purchase, but I had already signed for a credit card payment of $701 and $799, for a total of $1500. I was told that I would receive a full refund within 10 days. Unfortunately, I have not received a refund and have contacted Raintree seveal times. At this point, I would like to file a formal complaint and request assistance in getting my refund as it has been almost one month. Thank you. Mrs. Indemaio

• P
      Jul 06, 2011

Go to your credit card Compamy ASAP and file a dispute, have all your information, do not wait as they will never return the money and you only have so many days to file a claim with your credit card Company.

• C
      Oct 05, 2011

In Mexico, you have 72 hours to change you mind. The agency in Mexico that is very helpful in the resolution of consumer disputes is Profeco. They have a website and they maintain an office in Cabo San Lucas. Besides contacting your credit card company, I would recommend filing a claim with Profeco. The is important for you own recovery but also for others who may fall victim to the predatory practices that some timeshare resorts engage in. Chuck D.