RaceWay Gas Stations company logo
RaceWay Gas Stations
reviews & complaints
RaceWay Gas Stations
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints
8 resolved 28 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

RaceWay Gas Stations Go to website

RaceWay Gas Stations reviews & complaints 41 - 36

RaceWay Gas Stations complaints 36

P
Sep 18, 2018

RaceWay Gas Stations - customer service

On 9/18/18 around 7:50p went to inside of location and paid $17 cash on gas pump 14, cashier didn't give any receipt.
Pump gas 14 wasn't working, went inside and told the register about it so he suggested to try again, still no working, went inside again, manager was there and noticed, so the cashier suggested once again to try different one pump #16, not working, called for Assistance and cahier went outside and told me to go to another pump, so this time I said why I just saw a lady just pumped gas a few minutes again, so i told him to try set it up one more time( now i noticed it wasn't anything wrong with the pump, the problem was him.starting putting gas and stop at $16 so I went inside and told him that I paid $17 not $16, he stated that i paid $16, so obviously I got upset because wash only the four times back and forth going inside now he just denies how much I paid, i requested to talk with the manager on duty, she just listen didn't showed any concerns, no apologies . Very disappointed, I suggest you guys as a big corporate should be very careful when you guys hiring staff, customer service is the most important part of a business.

H
Sep 10, 2018

RaceWay Gas Stations - hours of operation.

Every weekend the RaceTrac at 12250 Greenville Ave. Dallas, Tx is always closed between the hours of 1am-4am. It is now 1:20am and the store is closed. There are employees in the store and they seem to close the store at their own convenience and leave a note on the door stating that they will reopen when a manager arrives. I have see that store operate without a manager. I went in the store earlier an there was no manager and now they want to close the store. There aren't to many gas stations in this area and this needs to be addressed.

Aug 15, 2018

RaceWay Gas Stations - rude attendant

The raceway located on rt. 1 north in Monmouth (could be S. Brunswick, not sure) has the rudest attendants. I go there once in a while because it is close to my work. I will never go again, they are always rude and today was the worst. As a widowed mother of three young children, I watch every penny to get by. So when I only have $10 in cash for gas and I say please only $10 cash and show him the $10 and then he comes back and says $15.56 and i say I only said $10, he then starts yelling at me calling me a thief. Fortunately I had someone on my bluetooth car speaker who heard the whole conversation and even said out loud "I heard her say $10 you confirmed back $10 and now you gave her $15.56 which is the rate for a credit card purchase? Don't say you didn't hear her say $10." At that point he knew someone else heard him and tried to apologize but in order to leave I had to scrape up $5.56 in change that i had in my car in quarters luckily so i can pay him and leave. I will never go there again and I will tell everyone I know about it.

May 12, 2018

RaceWay Gas Stations - gas

I just filled up and gas cane to $19.05.. when the attendant walked over I told him to leave it I had the change. He started pumping at $19.25 I yelled "STOP Pumping" and he said "I am going to $20".. Adding $.95 is not topping off. I have a prius with a small gas tank -- it barely takes 8 gallons and it was not on empty when I arrived. The guy tried tell ing me the when I told him to stop it was $19.05 and he couldn't stop it (at least that is what I think he said). so they lost another customer...

R
Apr 15, 2018

RaceWay Gas Stations - "theft by deception" or "false advertising".

Raceway gas stations in Freehold, NJ on Route 9 has twice charged me their credit card rate instead of the lower cash rate that I requested from their attendants at their gas stations on the north...

RaceWay Gas Stations - rude owners and filthy restrooms

The customer service is pathetic at one of the raceway store (999) at gibsonton drive FL.
I bought gum, milk, bread, sandwich and few more items from the store and the cashier was very rude and over charging me. the restrooms were filthy and it was a very bad experience.
The owners were indians and they said, people like you come everyday and we dont care if you take your business someplace else.
i hope management makes a note of it and make sure that business is grown by giving stores to people who know how to do a decent customer service.

RaceWay Gas Stations - charged on 2 pumps

on march 4 between 10 and 1030 am i tried one of the pumps and wouldnt clear so went in and spoke wth the clerk and she said she had cleared it so went back and still wouldnt work so she said she had cleared it and to go to another pump, it was a really busy time, so did and got my receipt but now am chaged and additional charge of 20.04 on the first pump, Have been twice to see the mgr but never there so left my # and he hasnt called me.called my credit card compamy and they suggested try to resolve it with the staion but cant see the mahr and the clerks are really nice but they dont have use of the computer, So dont know where to turn.I can meet with the mgr any time if know when he wii be there.If dnto hear from anyone in 10 days with have to dispute it on my card.I enjoy going there because I feel safe and i am 84 so thats a big plus for me.Thanks

N
Sep 23, 2010

Add this company
to the list of companies
that do not seem
to hire ANY Americans.

Therefore, I try not to support them with my dollars.

June 6, 2008 (Friday) I saw the sign of $3.89/G for regular. I used credit card to pay. But, Raceway actually charged me $3.99/G for regular and claimed that $3.89/G only for cash payment. I never had this kind of experience with any others gas stations.

RaceWay Gas Stations - cashier rudeness!

I am a female and my husband and I stopped for gas, etc. and to also use the restroom at appr. 4:30 or 5am (morning). I was in the restroom and i was brushing my teeth and washing my face, when the...

RaceWay Gas Stations - unsecured man hole cover caused damages under my vehicle

Dear sirs, i'm writing this letter because I have exhuasted all other options besides taking an attorney, I have tried several times to contact mr. Tony daniels, I have even gone so far as to leave...

RaceWay Gas Stations - early morning cashier/manager

This morning on 09/02/09 at 7:45 I waited in line for my turn to pay and when I was up next I tried ask the cashier if they had any of those premade penutbutter and jelly sandwitches but I didn't...

G
Aug 03, 2009

RaceWay Gas Stations - scam charges

I went to this gas station to get gas, when I pulled up to the pump, it took the person to get to me and several others cars that was in front of me. When he came to me I asked for $30.00 worth of gas. He started to pump the the gas .When he was finished he came back to me and said is $36.00 ok! I hten said to him I asked for $30.00 not to fill it up. He then said to me do you have a credit card, I said yes he took it and gave it to the person working inside, when he came back to me with the card and the recipts for me to sign, they charged me for credit and not the cash price. I am very upset about this matter, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I am not happy about having to pay for someone else mistakes. Is there anything I can do about this? please get to me. Thank You Florida Elaine Young.

L

RaceWay Gas Stations - no communication

Do not purchase from this online company. They do not deliver. Phone number listed is always busy. They do not respond to your emails. Charged my credit card but did not deliver product or respond to my requests.

I completely agree. I ordered an atv and it showed up with only 3 tires. The phone is always busy. I gave them the correct tire size for my atv and they shipped me the wrong one. It has been over a month and still dont have the right tire. I have been in contact with the B.B.B. They just dont seem to care. I recomend not buying from this company.

M
May 09, 2009

RaceWay Gas Stations - scam and cheating

Ordered in mid November and assured delivery in 2 weeks. It was a Christmas present, and it was not delivered until the evening of Dec 23. Delivered in pieces without an owners manual. We called raceway many times on the 23rd and 24th to get information about the oil types and other info we needed to be able to have a working present on Christmas morning-never got anyone to answer the phone. We have called and emailed 4 times to get the manual, each time they say they will send it, but 7 months later, no manual! Customer service stinks after you pay for the item!

Their products are junk. Do not waste your money, instead buy a good used Japanese brand. I bought a 4 wheeler for my daughter and had to work on it every time she rode it! The stock battery was garbage...wouldn't hold a charge, had to buy an aftermarket battery. Just about everything rattled loose...had to take it apart several times!. I had to replace wheel bearings. Overall the ATV felt and looked cheap. It was a SUNL 90 CC. Like I said don't waste your money on this junk! You get what you pay for. Buyer beware!

M
Sep 21, 2008

RaceWay Gas Stations - overcharged

When I went to this gas station I asked them to put $20 dollars worth of regular into my car but the attendant put $40 into my car but there was no gas in my car because I still had the same number of bars on my gas gauge from when I pulled in. Whenever I put gas in my car it registers very fast and the bars go up almost immediately. I was figuring there must be something wrong with the pump cause I go there every Monday to put gas in my car. So I went in to see the owner and he told that he has seen people like me before that have scammed him to get free gas, he told me his pump is fine and won't give me back my money even though there is no gas in my car. He also told me he expects that 20 bucks that I did not even want in the first place. This was not he first time that they have put more gas in the tank then I have asked for and I am sick of it, they expect me to pay for their mistake and to me that is the biggest scam going. A word of caution to everyone, check your receipt or the pump before you pull out cause you could be getting ripped off.

V
Oct 08, 2008

On Thursday, September 11 at approx. 8:30 PM, I paid $3.23/gallon cash. Then as I was passing by on Sunday, September, 14, the same gas station was asking $3.49 a gallon. The price per barrell has been on the decline and is finally below $100 and yet the price at this station increased $.26 over the weekend. This is gouging at it's finest. Gas station owners are supposed to be charging us for what they paid for the gas. Does this station want me to believe that during decline oil prices, their cost went up $.26 from Thursday to Saturday. I would love to demand to see a delivery sheet from this station owner to show that their cost went up, between those dates and prove to me that they were not taking advantage of Hurricane Ike.

Jul 06, 2010

I stopped at a raceway gas station on mercury blvd in Hampton. I usually get my gas at the raceway on armistead. As I went to put in my credit card there was a faded sign that stated no credit or debit. I went into the store and gave the clerk $40 and said pump 1 please. As I was leaving she yelled, what pump? again I said pump 1. I went to the car, put the hose in the tank and tried to pump the gas. nothing. I went back inside and asked them to put on pump 1. The woman who was going in and out of English and an Asian language told me 'pump broken'. I said if it is broken please put a sign on it. Then she started giving me a hard time, took my money, threw it at me and told me she wouldn't sell me gas and to go somewhere else. I told her no. I was going to get gas. I also told her perhaps in her country she could give lip to a customer and yell at them, but not here. She started yelling at me saying what country? what country? I told her I was going to get gas and I would move to pump 3. Then all of a sudden she said pump 1 was working. Her and another younger woman, who spoke better English were rude. I was angry and demanded the name of the owner, their telephone number. The older woman refused and said at first she was the owner, then she said she was the manager and then she said she just worked there. I told them, including the young Indian Asian boy who was stuffing his face with candy the entire time I was standing there I was not done with them, and walked out.

I have never been treated so rudely in any gas station in my life as I was in this gas station. I will be sure to tell everyone about the incident . - and if there is a way to find a corporate office, I will, along with posting this on every complaint site I can find.

A
Jul 16, 2008

RaceWay Gas Stations - They ripped me off

On july 15, 2008 I paid cash for some gas. It was $3.92 for regular unleaded. When I first walked into the gas station I waited for 30min, at the same time I was hearing other people complaining...

V
May 21, 2008

RaceWay Gas Stations - never be going back there ever again

Pulled into Raceway because they were advertising $3.53 on Rt. 22E in Bound Brook. Midway through the fill, I look over onto the machine and it blatantly states $3.61 and I get out of my car and demand why its 8 cents higher. The man who originally did the fueling was elsewhere and this other worker tells me that they charge more for credit card. Since when was that even legal? He couldn't do anything and just stared at me blankly. 17 gallons of fuel later, the apathetic man gives me back my credit card and receipt and walks away.

I leave in a fit yelling at them that they should have said something and the original man who served me screams out vulgarity at me in his thick Indian accent as I start pulling away. Needless to say, I will never be going back there ever again.

Raceway is biggest rip off if u look at the main boards the price signs is not so clear that it can tell the difference between cash and credit prices. they now did 10 cents difference so customer think that it is one price.

F
Jul 19, 2008

Same situation at Route 33 Monroe Raceway Gas Station. They constantly overcharge $10 to $15 to different customers at different times. I've been overcharged twice $15. I agree, I will never ever go to Raceway.

1 2