Qwesttake your business elsewhere

Qwest Communications allowed our business telephone account to be switched to another carrier without my knowledge. This occurred in May 2001.

When I found out what they had done, they switched my account back and promised any charges on the old account would be credited due to the inconvenience. May 2006, five years later I get a bill from Qwest. Can you believe that! When I told them the statuate of limitations had expired, they threatened to disconnect my service. I spoke with Mary at the executive office. She was rude and obnoxious. She refused to return my calls, refused to send documentation about the bill and lied to other co-workers and the corporation commission. Let me remind you, this is the Executive Office at Qwest!! They hide behind voice mail so they dont have to deal with there customers.
So 5 years later, Qwest gets away with extorting money from me. There way of solving a problem is not returning telephone calls, threats, intimidation, and being rude. I hope the $196.00 is worth it to Qwest as I have a very long memory!

So BEWARE....DO NOT ALLOW QWEST TO SCREW YOU. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

• Updated by James Olsem · Aug 12, 2017

We are getting phone calls with no name and no number or 12345789 no name calls every half hour or less. We don't answer them and they don't leave a message either.We would like our name on the no call list or block those calls.We have been getting them for a couple weeks now. They came early this summer and then stopped but now they have started again. We also got a call from the MN DFL party too I don't know if they are the same people. I hope you can help us. It is getting annoying. Thank you.

• Valerie Feb 01, 2007

We just signed up for new home phone service with qwest. The setup was quick and simple. I had already researched what I wanted on their website as we were expecting to port our number.

(Unfortunately it is not possible in our area to port a wireless number to a landline) So I gave our personal information and what we wanted for service (call waiting, long distance, etc.) And we were told that our service would be setup by 5pm the next day. The next day I waited and waited and by 4pm I didn't have a dial tone so I called what was to be our home number. It rang and went to voice mail. Hmmm, it was working , so what was up? We live in an apartment complex, so I went over to the office and talked to the manager. He set up a work order for the next day and let me borrow a phone so I could try and see if it was just a "dead" phone. Nope, it was a dead line. So I also called qwests repair line. I entered our phone number and was immediately connected to a representative who set up our service for the next day (8-1230). The repair person came at 110am, and called to let me know he was on the way. I wasn't able to stay but he called me to let me know he had repaired a couple items and he tested the line and it seemed to work. However, without me there to test it inside, he could be 100% it was okay. When I got home at 1pm it still wasn't working. That's when the maintenance worker from our building came to test the internal phone jacks. He replaced both of the jacks , but they still weren't working. So I called qwest back and they sent out another tech (3-7 estimated time). He came at 5pm, tested the line, went back outside, flipped a switch, and then it was working.

I was so impressed with the quick service, friendly customer service . . . Basically a great service. And this was all while the manager and maintenance worker of our apartment complex was bashing on qwest and how they had so many problems, and how they wanted to charge all the other people to fix the internal phone jacks when the problem was their problem on the outside of the building. I had a wonderful experience and I foresee it continuing. Thanks guys! A+

• Bi
    bill maudlin Dec 06, 2007

I have spent about three hours of my time this month trying to handle billing issues with Qwest.

We were told by one CSR that we had been overbilled by over $130 and would be credited for that sum. I paid the balance immediately over the 'phone.

Since then internet service with Qwest was turned off. When wer called to ask why we were told it was 'a mistake' and an order would be sent to turn it back on. There was also another bill received by then for another fantastic sum that we were told was also mistaken.

They will not rebill us; we are supposed to sort it out verbally and have 'credits' (corrections) on the next bill.

Then we received the biggest bill of them all.

Other problems: Qwest talks of offering DSL for $26.99 a month, but after a s hort while increased it to $45 monthly i.e. they "jacked my price up". We were told it was a mistake (again) and that we would have to, however, agree to two years of service to keep that price beyond an introductory period. No one had ever explained that procedure before.

I am tired of these big bully corporations with their, I believe, deliberately fraudulent practices. I do intend to take our business elsewhere. It is not worth the time, heartache, and sleepless nights to deal with these monolithic organisations. Local companies will get our business whenever we can find one, or perhaps we will just do without.

• Te
    Terrible company Sep 17, 2008

Qwest ---Worst service I had

I ordered internet/phone service from Qwest. A repreentive told me a technician would connect cable on Friday and asked me be home. I waited the whole day, but none show up. I spent over half hour using my neighbor's home phone to call the company and was told, they were too busy to go my home! They connected our cable the next Monday. It turned out the internet speed was really slow. My computer was crashed several time when I log in my yahoo account. I called to cancel their services the second day and was told I would be charged only the potion I used the service. But now the company kept sending me a bill of $44 for 1 day service. I called the their service phone several times. Every time I had to wait at least 10 minutes to find a live person and they insisted I must pay the monthly bill. The attitude of most of those people were terrible. I would never use Qwest. This company deserves out of business.

• Wa
    Wayne White Aug 20, 2018

I am getting callback complaints because my phone number is being spoofed. I have received a couple of calls over the past couple of weeks from people who wanted to know if I called their number.

• Ce
    Centurylink Aug 21, 2018

45$ a month since oct5 th 2017 and barely get any speed.

• Ed
    Edwim Sep 01, 2018

I am complaining about customer service hanging up on my .my name is Maryland Molina . account number is 6024384418922.the last was rude and hung up on me .on Tuesday .Jan 1 2018 at 411 pm.i wanted to get my internet back .and and the supervisor was rude ..so now I'm going to go to Cox

• Me
    Merrilee J Fitzpatrick Oct 15, 2018

Centurylink said they could not send anyone out to fix our problem for 15 day???? Problem was fixed by my husband, centurylink should pay him!!!

James Olsem Oct 15, 2018

we are getting calls with no name no number or 123456789 no name or MN DFL Dept. the no name and no number or 123456789 no name is every half hour from noon until 9:00 at night. We would like them blocked or put our name on the no call list.

• Ab
    Abbey Joy Van Es Oct 23, 2018

they set up services you don't ask for, when you get a bill 3 months later, they wont credit you and charge an early term fee..
    FRAUD is Century link.

reading all these reviews I know I am not the only one.

YEAH- CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

• Mr
    mrjmb Nov 19, 2018

Why does my Centurylink bill show $83.90 for packages (internet and phone) and $13.98 for broadband and $20.70 for voice? That's double billing and seriously has me irritated beyond comprehension.

• Ro
    Rose Arndt Dec 09, 2018

I'm getting 15-20 calls AN HOUR from soliciting foreigners. MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE!!!

• Ul
    Ultra Mondo Apr 27, 2019

CenturyLink had an internet outage for four days. Each day they told me it would be back on by the evening. On the fourth day I gave up and canceled. They only refunded the four days service was out. They told me I would receive a full refund.
    Most inconsiderate poor customer service I've ever dealt with. Abusing customers with no accountability.

• Tm
    TM9352 Jul 08, 2019

It is July 1st and we have been attempting to have internet installed since early March! Horrible communication, no return calls, technicians haven't shown up, unable to speak to actual humans, and redirected to a new person and having to restate the issue every time. Rural and our only option is Century Link

• Si
    Silver Ash LLC Dec 14, 2019

I currently have a telephone outage (912-876-2070) which is causing severe problems as my credit card processing relies on the phone service. Paying extra for a business line, which is frequently out, and the long wait for repair service is not accectable. I need immediatly assistance.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices