Menu
Quest Diagnostics Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Quest Diagnostics
reviews & complaints

www.questdiagnostics.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 477 Reviews

Quest Diagnostics Complaints Summary

34 Resolved
443 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Quest Diagnostics with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Quest Diagnostics has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Quest Diagnostics. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Quest Diagnostics reviews & complaints 477

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Quest Diagnostics reviews & complaints

D
1:11 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Genetic screening appt

So I make an appt to the la mesa quest lab, And I give my order and the Tex didn’t want to draw my blood because another technician had already wrote on my order from same lab of course I try to make my appts on saturdays because I work this is the second time I been rejected at this same lab. I was told I have to go find that tec at another lab during the week when I clearly said I cannot that is the main reason I make my appts on saturdays. I do have a time limit for this test and I need to have something done in reguards to this matter.

M
9:31 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Billing

I reached out to Quest Billing Department and was told that I had a balance of $0 and everything had been cleared up. I was informed that the billing codes had been corrected. This occurred last year. On today, I received a bill for the same amount that I was told was cleared up. I contacted my insurance company and was told that they paid the bill and Quest submitted the same claim multiple times. This is a horrible unorganized company.

Desired outcome: I want this $117 bill to be cleared up.

J
2:42 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Lab test

I have no other option but Quest Diagnostic because that is what the insurance request (uses). In May 2022, I had a lab work done requested by my physician - there was a billing problem and the bill was resubmitted to my insurance company to revisit and possible cover. During this period it took a few months, I did not hear back until Quest sent me to collections without sending me a final bill. I had no idea that the insurance did not change anything - Quest did not inform me in writing. I contacted them when I received the bill for over $700 to arrange a payment plan, which I started and continue to pay currently. I now have my anual lab due in order for my doctor to renew my prescription - that I must have. I got my order and went into their Palm City location, I was denied the blood work and told If I don't pay up - I cannot have this lab. I need help! I need this medicine to regulate my desease. How can I get them to reconsider their heartless/unethical business practice, I am making monthly payments.

Thank you.

Desired outcome: I would like to have my lab work done.

H
11:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Quest Diagnostics Quest lab technician not qualified to perform blood draw for lab testing

I came to Quest Diagnosis to do lots of blood work 4/26/23. If I recalled 3-4 tubs were drawn. After the procedure was done, when the needle was taken out from my vein, I immediately felt the sharp pain and I told technician about it as this should never occurred with pain. The technician ignored and send me off. Whin 2 couples when I went home, I noticed a huge bruise was formed in my vein area where the technician injected the needle. I went to Quest at 39273 Liberty St, Fremont, CA and talked to the supervisor Angie and I showed her the bruise area. She told me to put the ice to reduce the bruise without providing me the ice pad and monitor the hand pain if the bruise continue to get worst. She did not offer to follow up with Quest for any comfort or resolution.

Today 4/27/23 after 24 hours of needle injection, the area (veins) on my left arm has become black dark purple big oval shape to 1"W X 1.5" L.

This has added my anxiety and concerns about any side effects has caused. Quest should be liable for any inconvenience and mental stress that has caused to the patient. The technician should not handle the needle if he/she is not qualified to perform this type of procedure.

Helen Tsai

[protected]@gmail.com

[protected]

View 0 more photos
S
10:14 am EDT

Quest Diagnostics Picking up a specimen container

I arrived at Quest (4845 Transit Rd. Depew NY) around 10:50 AM on Tuesday, Apr. 25. All I needed was a specimen container. I checked in and stood around waiting for a tec to come to the door and just pick it up. 15 minutes later no one came to the door. An elderly woman came in and had no idea how to use the check in. I helped her through the process. The waiting room was full. There was a woman who was waiting 1 1/2 hours for her appt. The rest of the 15-18 people were also complaining. A patient finally came out and I walked into the office area. I saw no one. I walked around looking for someone and calling out, "hello". Finally a tec came out. She asked what I was doing. She said she was the only one there and I needed to get out. I said all I needed was a specimen container. Again she told me to get out. I told her there were people waiting over 1 1/2 hours for their appt. She told me she was going to call her manager. I told her, "Fine, call your manager. I will call Quest and let them know what was going on." I tried to call Quest customer service but I only get a recording and then the call disconnects.

Desired outcome: I would like a call from Quest so I can tell them my story.

D
12:30 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Routine pre-employment urine Rx screen

Had appt. Arrived & checked in electronically 10 minutes early, as directed. No H2O available in waiting area or in lab. No staff interaction. Tiny, drab waiting area. Persons arriving & checked in after I had done, were received into the tiny, claustrophobia-inducing lab area before I was. Total wait time 40 minutes. Total time in lab, 4.25 min. I'll stick with Labcorp. No contest.

Desired outcome: Compliance w/appointment time or apologize for wait. Common decency, would be appreciated.

R
8:39 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Unprofessional staff!

Arrived at QUEST CHECKED IN AT COMPUTER IT WAS 11:40 CHECKED IN. I saw my daughter's name on the TV monitor at 11:40 am. I was not late. My daughter Rn asked what was taking so long. One of the workers, "a lady with a Grey paper lab coat on, said we were late. Not true. Then another lady behind the door called my daughter's name, and we did not answer. Not true. The two ladies who said all of that didn't want to help my daughter and passed her off to a lady named KIM. (Kim was professional ) everyone else needs to lose their Job.

Desired outcome: If employees cannot disable children, they shall find another job that is unprofessional and never wants to return want to apologize that my child is disabled and they didn't wish to service a child in a wheelchair.

5:08 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Lost six valves of blood

On 3/27/2023, a blood order for a hormone therapy appointment was scheduled for 4/03/2023 appointment with my doctor and rescheduled to 4/06/2023 since the results were not received. Today, I received a call from the doctor's office stating they were still waiting on the results from Quest. I called Quest customer service at [protected] to learn that my blood samples were missing and I would need to submit another sample. I was given this confirmation number, #341795, for reference. Quest has not notified the doctor's office of the samples being lost.

R
3:39 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics No butterfly needles at many locations.

I have used 3 different places of the Quest locations. I do not have an easy time finding my veins. I am 66 years old . They do not have any butterfly needles at Coral hills: location or Oakland park. Many of the girls have no idea what they are even doing. I am tired of getting stuck 6 times and no one can find a vein. It is beyond scary. In my opinion, every location should have someone that has a lot of experience drawing blood on easy patience and more difficult patience, Many of the girls do not even know what they are doing. It is mind-blowing. This is people's bodies and health. Some girls are very nasty about it too. YOU use to be very good. BUT NOT ANYMORE.. It is pretty scary when one of your employees tells me they don't have butterflies needles there because they are very expensive. This is what your employee said to me. That is just gross. very negligent to your patience. Quest I am sure make enough money to get proper equipment in drawing blood. Shame on you all... Please get your [censored] together. I am going to call my insurance company and hopefully find a new place to go...

T
6:14 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Attempting to get blood drawn

This morning at 6:30 AM I presented to Quest for a Vitamin D level. The order was on an appropriate order form from the ordering physician’s office along with contact numbers including a dedicated fax number to send the results back.

The phlebotomist started to refuse to draw the requested blood draw for the test because the Dr’s “NPI” number was not on the form. I would think that Quest would have the doctor’s information and NPI number in their system. It all boils down to the fact that she didn’t want to do the extra work of looking it up. Shameful! This type of nonsense does not need to happen as it causes undue stress on me. It seems every time I go for labs I’m anxious and full of anxiety just waiting for another excuse to not draw my blood. I’m considering taking my business to lab corp.

Desired outcome: I’d appreciate a response and explanation of why not having an NPI number on a lab request is a reason to refuse to draw the sample.

G
12:45 pm EDT

Quest Diagnostics Employee

Kristin Caputo, phlebotomist with Quest diagnostics at Woodland Primary Care takes long, extended and frequent breaks. she is rarely in her designated lab area when patient's need their blood drawn the patients have to wait for her to come back or other employees with RCCHC have to draw the blood. she comes to work late and leaves early numerous times during the week and calls out frequently. She has been seen watching explicit videos at work in the lab area on her cell phone. She has reported to a nurse with RCCHC that she has been using drugs and took a urine drug test herself at work which was positive for cocaine after using from 2:00 am - 6:00 am then reporting to work that same day at 8:00 under the influence. She repeatedly comes to work unclean and unkept. She leaves her trash in areas not designated for trash. Employee is very loud, excitable and disruptive and

Desired outcome: I believe the hiring manager needs to visit the office of the employee and have the employee complete a random drug screen.

B
10:18 am EST

Quest Diagnostics Correct billing information, and receipt of payment

I have recieved billing invoices from Quest, multile times, after the bills were paid. I have sent a week trying to get a rep, stay on hold, runarond on a social media, and after filing a compliant,
Your bill is ready.
Amount due: $25.00
Due date: UPON RECEIPT
Step 1
Open the attached document to obtain your lab code and invoice number. You will need this information when you click Pay Now.
Image no longer available
Opening your bill – Your password
The bill's security password is the patient's date of birth and billing zip code in the following format including the hyphens:
MM-DD-YYYY12345 (example: 01-01-[protected])
Step 2
Pay now
no billing info. I don't have a bill, happen multiple times. They over bill. hoping you will pay again!
Quest takes advantage of people needing testing for medical issues.
the ladt bill email I recieved was March 5.

Update by badgirl
Mar 07, 2023 1:23 pm EST

I recieved a bill from quest mar 1 2023

i paid it. Mar 5, 2023 billed for the sme bill again. i have tried to call them 45 min hold. i can't g online because i don't have the bill. they never give me the bill. i go through this issue every 6 months. i must have lab wok evry 6 months, because of heart meds.

thy are very stressful to deal with. if you get a rep , ( rarely). they don;t kno or can't find anything. deceptive billing practices.

B
12:39 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics quest diagnostic billing

i received emails that i have a bill due. mar1 and 2, there is no bill, i signed in to my quest, billing number comes in valid. impossible billing system. can't a rep on the phone.

i have a heart condition don't the stress.

the billing system is poor, and sends out wrong bills.

you can't a rep on the phone, first you end up at the wrong place, after going through the phone maze. than have to start all over. records, pushing numbers, than stay on hold for days.!

Desired outcome: copy of my bill corect information

M
3:11 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics Extremely poor service from an employee

My complaint involves one of your technicians who was not only incompetent. She has a very bad attitude. I am an adult white male who went into one of your locations at around 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 2 to have blood drawn for a Tegretol level. I went to the location inside the Tom Thumb store on Firewheel parkway at Pleasant Valley in Garland, Texas. I signed in and set down waiting to be called. I was called into office #2 by the Tech. After verifying my name she told me that she did not have any orders in the Quest system for me. This is when she became very surly towards me. When I said "Poor little snowflake" in response to her hateful attitude toward me. She then told me to leave. Which I did.

So I went back to my doctor's office to get hard copies of the order and the Quest confirmation. When I returned with both documents in hand, she refused to wait on me because in her words "I had been rude to her" after she became nasty towards me. She then locked her office door and left the facility.

So, I sat down and waited for the other tech to wait on me. I then presented her with the same documents. She had no problem whatsoever in finding the original order and the Quest verification. She took care of business and I left with no confrontation whatsoever. We got along quite nicely.

I just did not appreciate the attitude of the first tech. I got the distinct impression because of her attitude toward me that she did not want to wait on me at all because I was a white male. I did not know that was a qualification for service at Quest.

Desired outcome: An apology from the first tech for the way she treated me.

6:43 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics Incorrect billing

I was billed three hundred odd dollars from Quest Diagnostics for a TB test back in May for a pre employment screening that I did NOT do. I simply made an appointment with them and realized that my employer at the time would pay for me to go somewhere else and I went somewhere else to get my TB test. This is completely FALSE. There is NO reason I should I have been billed more than three hundred dollars a) for a TB test and b) for simply SETTING UP an appointment. Oh and also, I wasn’t able to get a hold of someone to cancel my appointment so I was charged for NOTHING!

Desired outcome: To get this sorted out and NOT having them text me from time to time about the billing for a service that I DID NOT DO!

J
6:51 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics Billing error

Billing was submitted by my daughters college for testing and the name used was not my daughters legal name. Quest put the bill in collections and a collections company sent a letter to our home address. I attempted to resolve the issue several times and was told that the matter would not be addressed by quest. Credit Collections Services, [protected] File Number [protected]. My daughter was not aware of the billing issue. She attempted to contact quest to have the bill resubmitted under her legal name. Your billing department refused to assist her and she was told to work with the Credit Collection Services. These were test requested by the Vassar College, neither my daughter or I her parent were ever asked about billing. This could easily be resolved if you would resubmit the bill using her legal name.

Desired outcome: Credit Collection Services notified to cease action. Quest would resubmit the bill to be paid using my daughters legal name

A
1:39 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics I am complaining about a lab work

I went to Quest diagnostic at 5761 SW 40th St, Miami, Fl, January 25th 2024. Excellent registration and only 2 minutes of waiting time. My complaint is about the blood draw. The technician used an 18 or 20 needle, a very thick needle. The puncture did not hurt but the extraction was very painful. I complained of pain at the time.

I didn't tell her to stop the extraction because then I would get another puncture. I asked the technician “ why you didn't use butterfly? “

She answered “the butterfly has to be requested by the patient”. She added “we use the same needle in all our patients” It is abusive. I replied “I am a 72-year-old person, my veins are very thin and you should have taken that into account. I am a nurse, I know what I am talking about” “ Or maybe it's a policy from Quest or from this laboratory to save money because the butterflies are more expensive. “ she did not say nothing. I added “I assure you that if you do lab work to yourself you will want a better needle, the one that hurts less”

Quest charges Medicare and my supplemental insurance for this lab work and is obligated to provide a first class service. The one that we deserve.

I am very disappointed with this site in Miami.

I have used Quest labs for many years and never had any complaint.

10:39 am EST

Quest Diagnostics Lab results

After taking two test for blood culture fungal, I have encountered problems both times, the first test not being performed due to inadequate specimen tube, in which the phlebotomist labeled the tube to reflect the type of test needed, but no results. Another test for the same code performed this time with the actual specimen bottle, somehow got broken or cracked where the test couldnt be performed. I made a complaint to a quest representative (43110) being the complaint number, but now I have to go back again for a 3rd time. It's bad enough, that I have already been experiencing retaliation and backlash where doctors have been paid off to alter my medical records in order to cover up a company's negligence, so I hope that this isn't the case. I will try again for the 3rd time to have this test done, if anything comes back to be a error AGAIN, I will make this a public known matter since I have never in my life experienced any errors with blood work before.

Desired outcome: No errors, actual test showing results that are conducted professionally.

A
9:06 am EST

Quest Diagnostics Quest bill paid in full, now in collections

The bill was paid by my insurance, Medicare, and Quest still sent to collections!
I've been calling Quest with proof of paid bill from medicare, they still sent to collections.
The doctor's office resubmitted with correct codes after first attempt was denied. It was approved November 23, 2022 and paid in full by medicare, see attached.
I've called Quest many times, 7–8 times regarding this matter, talked to Liz on Jan. 4, 2023, she said they can see it was paid, but still sent to collections.
Bill # [protected]
Bill paid # [protected] from Quest per phone call 1/4/2023
Angela Donahue
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

Desired outcome: Receipt paid in full and deleted from collections! I want a written paid in full receipt from Quest.

6:35 pm EST

Quest Diagnostics Unlawful and Unethectal Billing

I have been contacting Quest Diagnostics since the beginning of October as a result of an overpayment that I made with my FSA card in August. I have contacted Quest Diagnostics on NUMEROUS occasions, have spent hours on the phone with them, been transferred around multiple times, disconnected, have been told the process takes 6-8 weeks for a refund (I have been dealing with this issue since October and still not refund as of today). When I called back again today, I was now told that the refund has never been requested. My FSA card has been suspended until the charges are refunded as well. FRUSTRATED is an understatement and this appears to be a pattern with Quest Diagnostics from what I can tell on this complaints message board.

Desired outcome: To receive refund for overpayment

Quest Diagnostics In-depth Review

Overview: Quest Diagnostics is a leading provider of medical testing and diagnostic services. With a rich history and background, the company has established itself as a trusted name in the healthcare industry.

Services Offered: Quest Diagnostics offers a comprehensive range of medical testing and diagnostic services. From routine blood tests to specialized genetic testing, they cater to a wide range of healthcare needs. Their unique offerings include advanced molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.

Quality and Accuracy: Quest Diagnostics is known for its commitment to accuracy and reliability. They utilize advanced technology and equipment for testing, ensuring precise results. The company holds various accreditations and certifications, further validating their commitment to quality.

Accessibility and Convenience: Quest Diagnostics has a widespread network of locations and facilities, making their services easily accessible to patients. They also offer online appointment booking and scheduling options, saving time and effort. The turnaround time for test results is generally prompt, ensuring convenience for patients.

Customer Service: The customer support provided by Quest Diagnostics is highly responsive and helpful. They offer multiple support channels, including phone, email, and live chat, ensuring that customers can easily reach out for assistance. Inquiries, complaints, and feedback are handled efficiently and professionally.

Pricing and Insurance: Quest Diagnostics maintains transparency in pricing for different tests and services. They accept a wide range of insurance plans and provide detailed coverage information. Additionally, they offer options for self-pay or uninsured individuals, ensuring affordability for all patients.

Privacy and Data Security: Quest Diagnostics prioritizes patient data privacy and security. They have robust measures in place to safeguard sensitive information and comply with relevant regulations, such as HIPAA. Any data breaches or security incidents are promptly addressed and communicated to affected individuals.

Patient Experience: The registration and check-in process at Quest Diagnostics is seamless and hassle-free. Their testing facilities are known for their comfort and cleanliness, creating a pleasant experience for patients. The staff members are friendly, professional, and dedicated to providing excellent care.

Additional Resources: Quest Diagnostics offers a range of educational materials and resources for patients, empowering them with knowledge about their health. They also integrate with electronic health records (EHR) systems, ensuring seamless access to test results and medical records online.

Reputation and Reviews: Customer reviews and ratings for Quest Diagnostics are generally positive, highlighting their reliability and professionalism. In comparison to competitors, Quest Diagnostics stands out for its reputation and high levels of customer satisfaction. The company has also received recognition and awards for its exceptional services.

Partnerships and Collaborations: Quest Diagnostics has established partnerships with renowned healthcare providers, hospitals, and research institutions. They collaborate with pharmaceutical companies and participate in clinical trials, contributing to advancements in healthcare.

Corporate Social Responsibility: Quest Diagnostics actively engages in initiatives and programs for social and environmental causes. They demonstrate a commitment to ethical business practices and sustainability, aligning their operations with responsible corporate citizenship.

Limitations and Areas for Improvement: While Quest Diagnostics excels in many areas, there may be limitations or areas for improvement. Suggestions for enhancement could include streamlining the appointment scheduling process and further expanding their educational resources for patients.

Conclusion: Quest Diagnostics is a reliable and reputable provider of medical testing and diagnostic services. With their commitment to quality, accessibility, and customer satisfaction, they are a preferred choice for patients. While there may be areas for improvement, their strengths in accuracy, convenience, and patient experience make them a valuable healthcare partner.