Qatar Airways / misinformed

Norway Review updated:

I was taking the plane from Barcelona with transmit in Doah to Ho Chi Ming in Vietnam monday the 22.04.2019 at 08:50. I did apply for a Visum for 30days stay on friday the 19th but it was still processing. Because of this they couldnt let me check in. Since I had a flexible ticket my option then was to change the return ticket for a stay on 15days since that doesnt require a visum. When I asked and they checked my ticket they informed me that Quatar airlines could make this change for me even though I had purchased the ticket from Gotogate. But the CO on Qatar informed me that she would like to check with the customes in Vietnam first if they could issue my visum. So I waited. This was at 06:50. I have a e mail that I sent with the visum info to
[protected]@groundforce.aero at 07:06 that proves this. After she asked me to wait to cange my ticket until she had contacted customs in Vietnam through Qatar in Vietnam.
Then after I waited for 20 min, I then asked if we should try to change the ticket insted . Which she allready had assured me that they could do. But then they suddenly couldnt do it anyway. And told me to call Gotogate. When I then called gotogate it was to late for them to make the change and send me the confirmation. Because that tok them 30minutes. And booking closes 1 hour before departure. They could make it only and confirmed that they would if I was allowed to enter the plane. But they denied me anyway. Even though the CO talked to the traveling agent that confirmed they clould make the change. So I wasnt allowed to go and have to pay for a entire new ticket forth and back for 579 £ pounds to take the plane at 16:40 monday 22.04.2019 insted.
I would like to make a claime for the 579£ as I could have avoided it if they didnt assured me that they could change the ticket. And delayed the process by asking me to wait for them to contact the custom in Vietnam.

Sincerley

Flight nr. QR138
Booking nr: UUP22A
Christian Ditlefsen Stensmur
[protected]@gmail.com
Tel [protected]

Qatar Airways

Comments

•   Apr 24, 2019

To the author Mr. Christian Ditlefsen Stensmur, Norway

Your text is unclear .

If you want to make the claim, we can assist you professionally for the charge aiming to get the compensation in full.
    Our charges start from EUR100 before the authority, payable online against invoice.

If you want to use such assistance kindly send the request which shows:-
    - your full name, address, country, e-mail, phone number (for SMS only)
    - your ticket
    - boarding pass, if any
    - the above copy of your public omplaint
    with the request to email < aryan @ vivaldi.net > // delete spaces

sr manger for ICAO / IATA irregulatory matters (Europe and Asia)
    Aryan engineers Ltd., UK