Qatar Airways — excess baggage fees being charged at airport
I boarded a flight from Amritsar on November 25, 2019 for 3:50am to Doha with final destination as Halifax. I was told at checkin counter that I can either take my cabin bag(roller bag) or my laptop bag as only 1 piece is allowed. Agent at the counter was very rude and adamant that he won't let me take both of them even when I tried explaining that both the pieces are allowed in my flight from Halifax to Amritsar which was also Qatar.
So, to avoid missing the flight I paid excess baggage fees of Indian Rupees 4893 by putting my laptop bag in one of my check-in suitcase which I completely don't understand.
Then later when I reached gate they were saying to deposit the cabin bag as well because of space in the aircraft . At that point of time asked the agent why I was not allowed to bring the laptop bag when all other passengers have two items with them at which she said sorry.
I can submit the excess baggage fees slip if required.
More Qatar Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Qatar Airways - an awful experience travelling with infant 
- Qatar Airways Group U.K - qatar airways group u. k. 
- Qatar Airways - lost baggage 
- Qatar Airways - cabin crew photos 
- Qatar Airways - I won 800000 pounds 
- Qatar Airways - customers service
- Qatar Airways - first class disaster 
- Qatar Airlines - seat booking incompetence and poor customer service 
- Qatar Airways - I haven't got my luggage
- Qatar Airways - no information about delayed flight and unable to attend family function