Qatar Airwayscredit card issue

H

Dear Sir,

Keeping in view the reputation of Qatar Airways I have faced such horrible situation. Not only I got mentally upset, I lost my cell phone at the airport. I purchased the ticket online. Then I received an email for pre-arrival verification process of the card. I responded all the emails with all the things they requested. I got the status that your ticket has been confirmed. I got satisfied and got busy in other arrangements of the traveling.

When I reached at the airport, besides having emails of confirmed ticket and card verification, they asked for the card physically present. I had no idea that even I had gone through the card verification process they would ask me to show the card again. Well the card was not with me, but the owner of the card with passport is physically present. I provided

1. Owner of the card physically present
2. the copy of the card,
3. picture of the card from both sides,
4. owner of the card passport copy,
5. bank statement that included this transaction,
6. bank email of notification of the ticket purchase,
7. bank verification,
8. mobile message,
9. even the person from the bank called airline stating that “ we have l noted the complaint already that bank card is missing – bank is sending a card to the person in a day, owner is of the card is verified and payment has been released from the bank. Please cooperate with our customer”.
10. I understand it must be a policy of Qatar Airways but we live in the world where things are different and analyzed according to the situation. We even asked the ground staff that we can bring the card missing Police FIR and the lady said it’s of no use without showing any courtesy.

I travel a lot but I was never treated in USA or any other place like this. I wish Qatar airways staff on ground could have analyzed the situation and should respect and own the customers. Rather they mistrusted and Miss Nida at airport talked very rudely too.

Even Airport Manager, Airport Security staff and duty Air traffic controller all of them intervened just to convince Miss Nida with their guarantee by showing two slips where card was verified by their end. I am attachingthose two slips for your review. Half of the ground staff was also agreed that we had provided out of the way things but she didn’t let us board the flight.

I was traveling in emergency to USA so I booked another flight on spot that costed me much more and I left the situation keeping in mind that I will deal with this later. And now I have received an email that Qatar Airways is not refunding me the ticket that they didn’t let me use it. I am highly upset now with such response. I am discussing this with all my friends in USA and they are saying write email in detail and make them try to understand the situation. I have gone through a big trauma and lost my phone at their airport during all this issue. My only request is that please understand my situation and refund my ticket amount as a courtesy.

Ticket details were

Name: Hina Mushtaq

Islamabad QR633 -> Doha QR 707-> Washington DC

Booking reference SIBTTT.

I booked a new flight after this mess etkt is [protected].

My passport number is BE0841332