Purolatoritem marked as delivered was not

L

Without Prejudice:

This is the second time this has happened. The first was before Christmas 2016. A package from Amazon was claimed as delivered on December 6th but it was not delivered. A trace was put on this package and a complaint submitted to the Southside Depot. The tracing specialist got back to me claiming that the GPS on the delivery truck showed they were at my home and that the driver drove past my home and remembered being there. But in reality, the parcel was not delivered. This issue was not resolved and I contacted Amazon letting them know of this and gave them the case number for the tracking and complaint. Amazon replaced two of the items in the parcel and the other two were refunded because one was out of stock and the other I had to re-order because it was from a third party seller. So then about 10 days later on a Saturday, December 17th when I was upstairs there were two doorbell rings. Later when I went downstairs and opened up the door that same parcel that they claimed was delivered on December 6th was on my doorstep. So that proves that they lied. Then because I already had two items replaced and two others refunded I had to contact Amazon and pay for this parcel again because it technically speaking was not paid for due to the replacement and refund. All this time and hassle because Purolator is incompetent and dishonest.

After that I would never intentially order anything being delivered by Purolator. But unfortunately, I recently ordered something from Fabricville and it was not stipulated that their delivery carrier was Purolator so now I have another nightmare to deal with. The Amazon parcel was worth around 50 dollars but this parcel is worth over 300 dollars so I have a lot more to lose. This time Purolator claims to have delivered this parcel on April 21st at 10:10 am and states shipment delivered at Reception. The thing is I had a video doorbell installed after Christmas and it records all visits to the house and there was no Purolator delivery made on that day. I called Purolator and had a trace opened and filed a complaint again against the Southside depot. A manager is supposed to call me back from the Southside depot by the end of Tuesday but if not then I was advised to call Purolator back on Wednesday and that is exactly what I am going to do. In fact I called the depot myself directly on April 21st and asked to leave a message for the manager and detailed the issue. So far, no call back. The last time with the problem with the Amazon parcel the manager from the Southside depot was supposed to call me and I never received a call so time will tell what happens this time. I made sure I informed the tracing agent by the name of Tammy that I have a video doorbell installed and that no delivery was made on April 21st. So I wonder if they are going to try to tell me the bogus GPS story? I hope not. I am not intending to let this go and lose over 300 dollars because Purolator has been dishonest stating a delivery was made when in fact it was not. Because this is the second time this has happened and the dollar amount of the parcel I am going to go further with this this time. I have phoned Fabricville and left a message with them via phone and email via their website regarding this issue and have given them the tracing and complaint numbers. I will not be losing over 300 dollars if I do not get this parcel. I have also filed a complaint against the Southside depot with the BBB regarding this issue on April 21st. If this is not resolved then I will also be making a complaint with Consumer and Corporate Affairs and I will be researching contacts regarding the Crown Corporation since Purolator is mostly Crown owned like Canada Post. Unfortunately, if I don't receive this parcel then I will need a refund from Farbricville regarding this. I do not want the same situation like with Amazon. I don't want to have a refund processed and then have the package show up 10 days later like the last time. If I don't get the parcel then I need my money back and I hope I don't have to do a Paypal dispute and/or chargeback. There is no way I'm going to lose over 300 dollars.

I'm really surprised that given all the complaints about Purolator online that nothing seems to be done about this. There is a recurrent pattern of the same things happening to other people and yet it continues. Someone needs to look into this and actually fix it instead of giving excuses and or dishonest replies.

• Purolator's response · Apr 24, 2017

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I’m very sorry for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused.

If possible, please email your latest tracking number, as well as your previous tracking number, to [email protected] and we will look into the situation.

Jeremie
    Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    www.Purolator.com

• Updated by Linda64 · Apr 24, 2017

Without Prejudice:

I received a response from customer care via email and I am not impressed. It's like they didn't even read what I wrote. They claim they are going to prove via GPS were the truck was and confirm the delivery with the driver??? Really??? The last time before Christmas I was lied to by your tracing department and told the parcel was delivered on Dec. 6th when it was not and later it showed up on my doorstep on a Saturday, Dec. 17th. I know all about your GPS claims.

Like I said and I think it was ignored. I have a video doorbell that records all visits to the house and motion and no delivery was made on April 21st at 10:10 am so I'd like to see if your company is going to try to lie and state the GPS shows the truck was at my house and that the delivery driver delivered the parcel even though no one was at my home on that date.

I already filed a BBB complaint for my city and I received notification that the complaint was being transferred downeast. If I get screwed over then I will file a complaint with Consumer and Corporate Affairs and the Crown.

Have a nice day!