Pure Acai BerryFraud

I ordered a free trial of the Pure Acai Berry and agreed to the shipping and handling and found out that I was charged 78.81 before the 14 free day trail was over. I have tried calling them and the number keeps ringing busy and when I tried another number was advised to cancel by email. I did along with my order number and no one will get back with me so I can get the RMA # to send the product back. My credit card company has suggested we first try the dispute and submit all the paperwork and emails that I have sent showing dates and time and that I have done everything right to rememdy this fiasco. Shame on Oprah for condoning this product. Has any one trying to reach her web site to see what her thougts are on this! Maybe I will. This is the worse sham I have been catch in.

• Sh
    Shirley Aug 26, 2008

Is this a rip off; I can not afford this and this a way you make your living, offering sample and then sending people something they did not order. Do you not have the decency to allow them to re-order if they like the product, instead of forcing something on them they can not afford. How many $74.00 bottle of pills would you buy? Please be considerate of people and allow them to order quanity that they can afford. This world is full of rip-off artist and they will all reap what they are sowing sooner of later.

• El
    Elaine Thomas-Williams Aug 27, 2008

I went on this website www.pureacaiberry.com and it sounded good so I just wanted to test it out for the trail size. I only accepted the trial offer and I looked on my bank statement for 8/27/08 and they are stealing $74.76. I did not authorize that transaction for the $74.76 at all. I went to the bank to try to put a stop payment on that transaction and they told me it was a pos purchase. If anyone is looking at this please do not fall for the trial size because they will get you for the full price, not authorize. I will be writing the BBB and FTC on this particular company. I do not have that type of money to throw away.

• Su
    sue Aug 28, 2008

I too was ripped off should of read the terms on the web-site, but it is too late. They should not be able to do this...

• Do
    Dori Galloway Sep 01, 2008

I ordered the free trial for just $3. 95 and and received the trial bottle on Thursday, August 21st. Less than a week after receiving the free sample, on August 24th my credit card was charged $74.76 and I received another bottle containing a 3 months supply. There was no paper work included in either package to indicate what had been charged... or even who to contact. I went to the web site listed on the bottle and... hopefully... canceled future shipments. I have not opened either bottle... I would love to send these product back, but don't have any type of address to indicate where to send them. I feel that I have been fraudulently charged the $74.76. I was not given an opportunity to decide whether I wanted to continue the product or not.

• Ba
    Barb Sep 02, 2008

Just went through the same thing. I used their contact us page on the website which gave me a phone number. After several tries I finally got through and relayed my concerns about this. They emailed me a form to fill out and assured me I would get a refund if I returned the pills unopened by a certain date. I did so, more than a week and a half before their date and I have yet to receive my refund. DO NOT fall for these scams. I have learned the hard way!!

cherie darmis Sep 02, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me and am trying to get my bank to get the money back for me. I cannot find their website anymore and I ordered the "free" sample thru an email. I am getting nowhere fast. I have had two charges against my card for $74.95 and have a package that came today in the mail that I am refusing but not sure how to get a refund?? Did you have any luck with getting money returned?

Cherie

• Di
    Diana Sep 12, 2008

I hope this helps:

Refund and Exchange Policy

Acai Berry Supreme Return Policy
    We have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee return policy on all shipments.

Returns
    If you are unsatisfied with our product, you may return the unused portion 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you for a refund according to the following terms. To obtain a refund, your return must be postmarked 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you. All returns are subject to a 30% administrative handling and restocking fee. We do not refund or credit shipping charges for any monthly shipments. Please note, the following terms apply for all returned items:

To return a product for an exchange or refund you will need to obtain a Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number by contacting the billing department at [protected].

An RMA number can ONLY be obtained by contacting the billing department at [protected].

• Ad
    Ada Berrios Sep 15, 2008

I asked for the first sample of Acai Berry and after waiting for 2 weeks when it should have been shipped within 48 hours as they said, instead I received the $4.95 sample within 1-1/2 weeks; finding a full package in my mailbox in less than a week which was charged to my American Express card, when this company did not have my authorization to withdraw any funds because I had not informed them that I even wanted a product which I did not have time to evaluate. I need them to stop taking money out of my American Express card. Acai Berry is scamming people without their authorization, and it is disgusting.

• Co
    COLLEEN TIDWELL Sep 15, 2008

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. I CANCELED MY BANK CARD SO THEY COULDN'T GET ANY MORE FUNDS FROM ME. THEY DID GET $79.76 SOME THING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS COMPANY. CT

• Li
    Linda Smith Sep 15, 2008

Charges on credit card!

• Mi
    Michael Bradmiller Sep 16, 2008

GW Performance is a rip off. There is no way to contact them as their telephone recording always says that there is a 45 minute wait.

The web site that they reference does not exist.

They bill your credit card and keep shipping items. I returned the product with a note to cancel future shipments but it did not help.

Contact your credit card company and have the charge removed as product not requested.

The original complaint is completely true.

• St
    Stop These Crooks Sep 17, 2008

According to their web site advertisement; You can cancel by going to www.purecolon1000.com.

• Am
    Amalia D. Donvito Sep 18, 2008

I answered an advertisement for a free trial bottle of Acai Berry Supplements. Next thing I know, I get in the mail a large bottle of the same item, which I did not authorize. This is pure fraud!

• Mo
    Monique Hill Sep 19, 2008

The same thing happened to me I was charged $79.76 on my charge card I also called the # they have avilable [protected] only thing I ever get is answering service I have recently cancelled my charge card so I will not get another unauthorized charge from this fraud company... BE CAREFUL...

Mary Jane Kallinger Sep 25, 2008

My Dr. says I cannot take any herbal supplements with cummadin I am presently taking. It is having a baf effect on me, and making me sick, please do not send me any more and cancel me out totally! I did not order this and I do not have to pay, please issue me a refund on my credit card.

• Ca
    Carole Long Sep 26, 2008

as with the other complaints against this company, I ordered the "FREE" sample with shipping charges of $4.95. About 2 weeks later I rec'd a larger bottle and my account was charged $79.76. There was no invoice included with the bottle, so I had to do more research to find the company, and of course no one answers the phone, nor do they return your calls, after leaving several messages. I am going to call the attorney general's office, something should be done about this company. They are ripping off the public and it should not be allowed. I want a refund on my account, I will be happy to return their product as it doesn't work anyway.

Carole

• Ly
    Lynn Sep 29, 2008

Ordered a sample of Pure Acai Berry...on 9/2/08, my credit card was billed for $5.95, I still haven't received the product. Now today, 9/29/08, my bank account shows another $5.95 is pending. I've called [protected] again and again and am getting the same message, only saying it's a 30 minute wait, then the website, gohelpnow, then can't leave a message because mailbox it too full.
    I hope we can all get our money back, maybe by everyone complaining about the service, something will be done.

Joe Flores Sep 29, 2008

I responded to a promotional on the pure acai product. They deducted 4.87 from my account.
    Next thing i know this cofmpany is deducting 74.87 from my account without my permission.
    I want my money back i have not even recieved any more products from this company. Please do something as soon as possible.

• Ri
    Rikki Oct 01, 2008

I requested the free trial of acai berries. $4. 95 for a free trial. Ha - yea right. . . A few days later they charged my account $79. 76!!!
    I thought that this was something new i could try. I am a mother of 5 babies and have gained a lot of weight through the pregnancies. I work full time for crap pay and go to school full time. My bank advised me to go to the wedsite "www. Gohelpnow.com" and i did that to cancel my order - the question is now is that did it actually cancel it?

I even read the fine print and they said nothing about this extra charge, and i didn't agree to anything other then $4. 95 for the free "week" trial that only actually ended up being 5 days not 7!!!

Sorry if i am not making sense, i am so upset!!!

• Ri
    Rita McCauley Oct 02, 2008

When you call the number to cancel the product, you get a message to go to a website that doesnt work. Then if you try to cancel on the PureAcaiBerry website - it says you're not a recognized customer. This stealing!!!

• Db
    dbt18 Oct 02, 2008

Billing me without authorization. I have sent back 2 bottles of Pure Acai Berry and have asked repeatedly to have my account cancelled. they keep sending me product and billingme.

• Ba
    bajaskier Oct 02, 2008

You'll have to cancel your credit card/bank account. Credit card might stand behind you if you use the word "fraud". NationalCity is fairly good about standing behind their customers.

Mary Hall Oct 03, 2008

I have asked to be cancelled and they keep charging my credit card. The phone number I had been given is not a working number.
    I am a senior and can't afford this happening to me.
    The name of company is Performance Health.
    Please help me.

• De
    Debby Oct 03, 2008

I called the [protected] for cancellation and talked to a person, so what is the problem.

• De
    Delsie Schneider Oct 03, 2008

I ordered a free trial of Pure Acai Berry and according to the advertisement, I only had to pay for the shipping and handling, an amount of $4.95. I just got home from work to find a package from Performance Health USA LLC containing a bottle of 60 capsules of which I did not order. I called my bank and found out that there was a transaction of $79.26 on 10/01/08 of which I did not authorize. I did not order this this product of 60 capsules and yet money has been taken out my account. I now have to go to the bank stop payment so that no future transactions occure in my account from this company. They will now have to research the transaction that has taken place. What can you do to help in hopes of getting my money back.

• Do
    dotty Oct 04, 2008

i received trial sample of pure acai berry which made me violently ill - i went to website PureAcaiberries.com and submitted request for address to return and also requested DO NOT send me any more material and DO NOT charge my credit card - never received answer back keep getting notices that my pills are on way - have tried sending emails to various names/addresses all keep coming back - am calling my credit card company to stop them from getting paid even though i will have to give about 3 names since i do not know who/where they are coming from - last shipment came w/no invoice or anything only return address was Performance Health USA PO Box 971090 Orem UT 84097 but can't find website or phone number for them

• Valerie Oct 06, 2008

When you signed up for the free sample, you enlisted in a monthly delivery plan. The terms and conditions link is on the webpage but most people would not even look at it. I missed reading it, I was automatically mailed the monthly supply, and also charges were posted on my credit card.

The webpage for the terms and conditions:

There is a cancellation clause and return policy, read them carefully. I believe you can return the product and get a refund, but the wording is a bit tricky so I’m not so sure. I’m going to try it. The website for cancellation is:

You will need your email or credit card to cancel I guess it is not a scam but more like a trap.

• Ur
    ursula nelmes Oct 06, 2008

I was charged $74.76 on August 31st - Had NOT ORDERED or RECEIVED any product.
    On September 20th I was charged $5.87 - I have no clue for what!!!
    On September 29th I was charged $74.76 again - this time I received prodcut and returned it, since I DID NOT ORDER any product.
    NO ONE ever said that I was automatically enrolled in monthly charges and product.
    I have called my bank and have put in formal complaints and disputed all charges.
    I tried to call but no one was there. They did give the web site address, which led me here.

• Ca
    carol l severson Oct 07, 2008

I ORDER A TRIAL SAMPLE OF THIS ACAI BERRY PRODUCT
    AND I NOTICED A CHARGE EVERY MONTH AFTER, I WANT IT
    STOPPED RIGHT NOW . DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE OUT OF MY ACCOUNT !

• Br
    Brenda Oct 08, 2008

I ordered samples on line and they kept charging me. I cancelled on line but they kept charging me. My Credit Card company gave me the number and when I tried to call them . It said the number could not be reached from canada.
    I then went on line again and canceled again. THis time a number from Colorado came up on my call display. when I phoned that number it said that the mailbox was full, (probably with other people tring to cancel).
    I have not heard from them since.
    Guess I will see if they keep charging me.
    Brenda

• Gl
    Gloria Center Oct 09, 2008

I did not order the Acai Berry pills. You have charged my Bank of America card $79.76. Please remove this amount from my credit card ending in 9264. As soon as you have credidited my card, I will return the bottle of pills to you. I will be waiting to hear from you. Thank you, Gloria Center

• Ra
    Racquel Oct 09, 2008

This Acai is a rip off, the # is non working, and the address is in valid, do not order from this company, it is a scam, be aware of any address in GIC Shipping Department
    134 NW 16th Street Suite 1
    Boca Raton, FL 33432, this address is fraud DONT BUY THIS CRAP AT ALL, if you used you're debit card, go to the bank and change the card #, get a replaced card, so if they try to use it again, it's an invalid #, and they can't get into the account any longer, if you get an different card, the card# is attached to your account, so change you're card #, or even the account, if you want to!!!, avoid any advertisements in Boca Raton, FL 33432, or in that city period, it's known for scamming!!!

Chanda Portee Oct 11, 2008

pure acai berry sample billed my credit care for $78.00 without my permission. They claim they would send me a sample of a weeks worth to try and I only recieved 4 pills. I called to cancel and their phone number stated it would be a 30 minute wait and they it would disconnect me. I received a product in the mail the next day which I sent back to them by return receipt thru the U S Post office. I have not received my refund and I do not have the product and cannot reach a person on the phone. I went to the web site www.gohelpnow.com what a joke. it does not work and I get no where. This is straight up theft and I want something done about it. What do I do now.

• Da
    daniel clapa Oct 13, 2008

Unfortunately this number either doesn't work or you just can't get through. I tried calling it over and over and it doesn't get thru. For this reason this is obviously a scam.

• Na
    Nadira Oct 13, 2008

Ok I got Acai Berry Supreme and tried for like over a week I didnt lose a pound! Instead I gained a pound. I have been trying to cancel for like 3days now. Everytime I call I get connected then automatically disconnected. If anyone know how to cancel this ### plzzz let me know. My email is [protected]@aol.com

• Ju
    just me Oct 14, 2008

I ordered a "14 day" trial bottle of Extreme for the shipping ($3.95) and they only sent 15 pills saying to take at least 2 a day. They either can't count or just like ripping people off with word play. I cancelled any future orders and better not get charged for any!

John Berkey Oct 14, 2008

Order sample, and without customers authrization above company continued to ship above product and chage my credit card $74.95 each time.

• Ge
    Gerri Pantoliano Oct 15, 2008

Did not order, will not pay for and I am going to bank to make arrangements to have any charges received from this company to be denied. This appears to be a trap by Performance Health USA, purchase of pure AcaiBerry. Never opened and used returning at post office. Will notify mailman not to leave any further packages in my mailbox.

• Vi
    viviana Oct 15, 2008

please stop donset mi more pureacaiberry please call mI at 712 7639

Margie McGraw Oct 18, 2008

I order one trial package of acia berry, for shipping price $4.95. I continue to recieve bottles without my permision. The charges are automatically pulled from my account. There is also no information sent with the bottles...no phone number or contacts to cancel orders. Please cancel all my information from this company, and refund my charges for 2 bottles.