Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com having to search for a product to buy before I can enter

Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com  -  having to search for a product to buy before I can enter

Author of the complaint
8:42 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C92CA8.7B7828D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary I really resent having to try to buy something in order to finish an entry onto PCH.com. I don't believe that is the right way to approach things. Joyce _____ From: Publishers Clearing House [mailto:[protected]@superprize.pch.com] Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 5:06 AM To: [protected]@sbcglobal.net Subject: PCH Important Entry Message DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCES TO WIN! Add pch.com to your address book. Why? Important Message PCH.com Publishers Clearing House MARYANN CARTER Contest Department Dear Joyce Staples, The Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol could visit the Staples home to award a $1, OOO, OOO.OO "Tax Free" SuperPrizeR from Giveaway No. 1170. I urge you to follow the instructions below so that you can claim your SuperPrize number. You see, if the SuperPrize number assigned to you matches the winning number drawn, Joyce Staples will win $1, OOO, OOO.OO from Publishers Clearing House, free and clear of State and Federal taxes. Here's what a SuperPrize winner from Giveaway No. 1170 would experience: The Prize Patrol would arrive at our winner's door with flowers and balloons to present the "Big Check" and personally congratulate the winner. Video cameras would be rolling to capture the winning moment. Our new winner would have enough money to enjoy financial security, indulge in a few luxuries ... and perhaps even travel the world. Our new winner would be in the financial position to help others by sending a child or grandchild to college or donating to favorite charities. To receive a valid SuperPrize entry that could ultimately win you a life-changing Tax Free Million Dollars, just use any of the links below to visit PCHSearch &Win -- AND THIS IS IMPORTANT -- search any topic you desire to claim your entry! And please, make sure to visit PCHSearch&Win every day for all your internet searching. Why? Because getting a daily entry for a Tax Free Million Dollar SuperPrize is just the beginning of the exciting prize opportunities that you'll get at PCHSearch&Win. You see, PCHSearch&Win also gives you chances to win instant prizes like computers, plasma TVs and lots and lots of cold hard cash every day. You search the internet all the time, and now, thanks to PCHSearch&Win, your searches could make you a winner -- INSTANTLY! Please don't miss out. Make sure we hear from you soon! If you become our SuperPrize winner the Prize Patrol will personally award you the "Big Check" and be the first to congratulate you on your good fortune! Much success in all that you strive for. Sincerely, Maryann Carter, Contest Department Maryann Carter Contest Department Click Here to Continue $15, OOO.OO Trick or Treasure Halloween Giveaway! P.S. This Halloween, the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol could bring you a $15, OOO.OO treat! Yes, they will personally award a $15, OOO.OO cash prize on October 31st and your first search every day gives you a chance to win! So search now, Joyce, and maybe you'll have a VERY Happy Halloween! _____ To unsubscribe from future PCHSearch&Win emails, please click here. _____ WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY! You've received this email because you are registered with pch.com. You are subscribed as [protected]@sbcglobal.net. If you no longer wish to receive email from Publishers Clearing House, please unsubscribe. This is a post-only message, please do not reply. If you have any question regarding Publishers Clearing House or other pch.com sweepstakes, please visit the pch.com Info Center. Privacy Policy Habeas Certified Sender Seal Publishers Clearing House, pch.com, and their agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or formatting, whether caused by internet users or by any of the equipment, programming or software associated with or utilized in connection with the Sweepstakes. This offer is open to all residents of the United States, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO. C 2008 Publishers Clearing House 101 Winners Circle Port Washington, NY 11050 [08S4281] ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C92CA8.7B7828D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
I really resent having to try to buy something in order to finish an entry onto PCH.com. I don’t believe that is the right way to approach things.

More Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com complaints & reviews

Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - received a package I never ordered!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - scam
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - matched and did not win!
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - merchandise not ordered & a return
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - rigged, unfair games
Publishers Clearing House / PCH.com - drowning me in their daily malings
139 comments
H
Apr 02, 2017 6:53 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i have been a customer since 2004, and i have entered many many contests, but contest always runs into the next contest, so on and so on.. never ending story... i have purchased several items, some i have returned, but NEVER have i ever won a single thing.. always! oooh sally you are in the running, make sure you play your all your cards to inter the sweepstakes youre a VIP customer... your on the top of our list... yeah right... for what the dummy list probably... get all our hopes up in winning the 7, 000.00 a week prize, but never happens... so Sun City will be wiped off their list this go around... sorry sun city i tried to make us all famous, but looks like i failed... sally

Aug 22, 2016 7:38 am

It said I had won a 1, 000 Wal-Mart gift car and I did what it said and even spent an our on the phone with a liberty mutual insurance representative. I have not received any emails confirming my winning of the card.

May 26, 2016 8:29 pm

It's listed above. I want my 1000 dollar walmart gift card I was supposed to get. The scratch off games always freeze up and do not let you complete them every other scratch off.

May 25, 2016 6:08 pm

The PCH game pages don't work properly and freeze up almost every time I play the scratch off games. It is very hard to get a hold of PCH their web search page also never takes you directly to what you are searching for. I hav e received numerous phone calls from magazine sales people and other scam types of businesses.
I have never heard of anyone actually winning. They said it would be announced on WRTV 6 news witch is a Indianapolis station. I never seen on there or heard about any winners except the videos they make them selves. I was told I won a 1, 000 Wal-Mart gift card yesterday and took an hour long survey on PCH trying to sell me magazines and insurance. I supposed to receive an email which I never received. I think they should be held responsible.

M

How do I delete something that you ordered by mistake and don't want from PCH.

Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Probably call customer service.

A
Mar 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Came to deliver my sweepstakes check but was not there and the neighbors said I moved and I never received my sweepstakes check for $7, 000 dollars a week. Since, they only send notices to activate my account. Since 2012 I have not received my winning from Publishers Clearing House.

A
Mar 12, 2016 8:11 pm

I truly believe what they say about pch its just a marketing scam to get people to pay for product in order to win prizes and sweepstakes. If you do not continue to buy they eliminate you from their mailing list. In 30 years I have been dealing with them I have not been notified personally by them except for a bill I owe them.

Oct 17, 2014 12:41 pm

On the site of publisher clearing house. There are tokens that when you have a certain amount you can redeem them. For prizes and or gifted cards.well i won and i went to redeem them and i want to know when i'm going to get them

F
Feb 28, 2016 5:39 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have spent hundred's of dollars on items in hopes of winning the contest. I would say 90% of what I have purchased is junk. Example...squirrel repellent, mole scanners in ground, ice cream scoopers, dog net for car, kitchen utensils (whisk's) and the flowers. On the other hand 3 items were good...bed pillows, bowl set and the dog toys. Look at my record and see everything that purchased. Other than these 3 things all the rest were junk.

Aug 09, 2015 11:27 pm

I contacted apple support they check my iPad to contact you all safari will not open pages. To many redirect, sever not working. When I get to the part to submit the final part safari will not open page.

Nov 28, 2015 11:40 pm

i have been playin this for idk how long i think maybe its not true i have never won anythng and the tokens u get u cant even redeem them so whts up

Nov 19, 2015 11:01 am

I keep getting emails that this is my "final step" but it isn't. I don't mind going through the rigmarole to enter but they should stop saying it's the final step. It can't possibly be the final step every other day.

O
Oct 12, 2015 2:34 pm

I would not mind playing if it did not slow down my computer and often crashes when I am on the PCH website

Sep 20, 2015 5:16 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please enter me in PCH Giveaway No 4900, PCH Gwy No 4902 and PCH Gwy 4950. The monies would secure housing stability for myself and children, help catch back debts up, purchase a vehicle badly needed since my van caught fire last Dec. 2014. My children had been homeless and have couched surfed from friend to friend. I would use some of the money toward my own business and also cancer awareness. I would see my grandchildren were set for college if they wished to go, other wise the money would start their future. I have entered PCH since I was a new graduate out of high school and have never won. I would greatly appreciate if my numbers would be entered. I have been trying for three days now to no avail. My family and I sure could use the money. I don't know how to enter the Prize and Search contest. What do I type in? I need help.
I WASNT GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE ON TO FINISH THE PCH ENTRY! THERE WAS NO WAY TO GET OUT OF THAT!

Jul 27, 2015 4:00 pm

PCH knows it a f$^$^#%$#%^ scam just stop already prying on the POOR of America Just stop! PLEASE THANK YOU F*&(*^&*%ERS..LOL

Jul 20, 2015 8:49 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

When it says put in pchsearch&win, there are so many it is almost impossible to find the correct one. I will not be playing this anymore because of this reason. You have to look through all of these and hope you get the right one. There should only be one.

L

I would't be mad at all if they were true to there word. Said I am in final drawing due to early bird look and showed ex: of checks because my number was in final drawing. But guess what, I'm not in finals for anything. I missed so much sleep during the whole sweepstakes timeline. They refuse to talk to me online. I posted a statement to Facebook and Twitter and Google since they won't respond with a VERY compelling story. I'm not stopping at this level of complaint until they respond, period! Laura Whitworth PS: It was NOT spam either. Oh yeah, pch started all the games again for June's Sweepstakes the following day (last day for April Sweepstakes was day before). How insulting!

L

I have bought stuff, most of which is junk, but for the most part I don't buy because of that. I just read in the news that PCH is in trouble with the law AGAIN for not awarding prizes to people who don't buy from them. It's infuriating and I hate having to search for stuff. The games are bad enough. They take up too much time with the ads and I'm so disgusted with them being crammed down my throat I with NEVER buy ANY of the products advertised by PCH.

R

Dear hopeful, Losers...And we are all losers including myself who would love to win enough to fix up my home the way I wish it could be...I worked hard and smartly all my life, tried to provide for a happy wife and life the one thing I wanted in a home...she did not, she in my exhaustion chose a house that suited her and F F F to me & my wishes!
So no one empathizes with you all more so than me! Their are sweepstakes laws and you can bet your ### that PCH is within those laws! Problem is they are stating day and year that contest # ? will be awarded and the really big money is way way down the road and by simple or highly complex shuffling a winning number is picked...now the catch it really could be your number that was emailed or snail mailed to you! but however, unbelievable it was on the one day you failed to play each and every game on their website or to return the snail mail (U.S. Postal Service) completely and properly fully filled out form back to them in time!
The winning face you see plastered in a TV spot or on a mail flyer likely played a hell of a lot more games and entries than you did.
Or did just happen to play the right one...and honestly some of these winners do look to be haggard like they just left their computer after hours and hours of "so called playing to win" on a PCH or other site...So it was said that the powerball last one was an incredible odds long shot but three winning numbers were purchased and one Single mom Afro-American mom claimed her $122 after taxes millions out of a $188 million check that was shown to be 1/3 of that powerball win. God help her as now the sales parasites descend upon her and every kind person she ever met try to hit her up for this or that or this and this and this and that and that and that too oh yes and also that!

Nov 09, 2014 11:03 am

I am deaf person and hope u will understand my language on my comments of strong american sign language of A.S.L and really pleasure with pch member since december 2011 and happens on last june 2014 when was light order pch products and not expect too high costs and shocked myself after pch billing so send my home without products from last june 2014 and did was called u.s postal inspector from last august 2014 and u.s postal inspector told me and haven't get pch tracking numbers on time so was shocked cost around $3, 000 plus and didn't know why also did spoken pch staff to stop pch products orders on june 2014 of need save costs but pch still me running costs and upsets myself and lack communcation for between them and me on my video phone situations also I suspect that pch are not allow me enter pch sweepstakes winner till pay off pch billings also cannot afford this costs because my family haven't enough incomes like hard budgets like to pay rent and water and other bills issues also not get jobs mysef and keep search jobs also job coach staff will appreciate to help me on jobonline and not easy for me of low incomes myself know how I feeling and lot of frustation myself without spirit
Also I feel frustation with pch billing since from june to today throught my home with pchbilling letters of dues issuses so just example, when I get job the start payments on pch bills and know that not fair for me but keep positive than overwhelms hope that pch will appericate to communcation me on neutral discuss for solve problem and will said thank ur helping
leslie

R

I play all your games and search the web and I never win . I can only get on the web when I have time I'm don't spend my life nor do I have time searching the web to keep up playing around and getting nothing out of it its getting to long of time I feel you people don't give nothing away that its all a act and know one wins.

Yours truly
Richard Nowak.

P
Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

While Publishers Clearing House may only result in harmless
fantasies, other unscrupulous people use the mid-January through
February period to inundate consumers with similar sounding offers
intended to steal money or sensitive information.
Both the Better Business Bureau in several states and Ct Consumer
Protection Commissioner William M. Rubenstein are warning consumers not
fall for any of these offers that request you buy magazines,
merchandise, pay up front fees, or disclose sensitive financial
information in return for possible windfalls.
“We encourage consumers who are receiving questionable sweepstakes
promotions from Publisher’s Clearing house and similar organizations to
forward them, along with a written complaint, to the Department of
Consumer Protection, ” said the commissioner. “We get a few complaints
each year, but in recent months we’ve seen one that appears to be a scam
using the Publisher’s Clearinghouse brand as a front for requesting
personal financial information from consumers.”
One recently discovered scam involves both the Better Business Bureau and Publishers Clearing House, the BBB says.
Consumers are contacting BBB advising they are receiving calls from
people claiming to work for the Better Business Bureau concerning an
investigation BBB was doing on the award Publisher’s Clearing House
presents to consumers. Consumers are told they have won a prize from the
sweepstakes, but tells them they have to pay a fee to receive the
money.
“Never pay a fee, no matter how small, for winning a contest, sweepstakes or lottery, ” the BBB says.. Not only this but i remember PCH being in trouble because they threw entrys away and some one found them and turned it in. they were all from people that DID NOT place an order. i remember it well. scam is all it is.

T
Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PCH is a total rip-off. Every time I order from them the payment is lost and then billed again with late charges.. three times now in a row. Calling them does no good, they have me under different account names and numbers and etc. So how the hell can they keep track of anything? It should be turned in for mail fraud and the company ceased. Talking to some of the idiots on the phone don't even understand English or can't comprehend what the heck is going on. Now I'm just waiting for the 'lost' checks to be cashed. Besides that I don't think there really are any big winners and the only ones they show on TV live in high dollar homes and appear to be actors. Try looking up their names and they don't seem to exist., even in our own state. I know I have had the same problems with them for years and about every time I have ordered from them or ordered two items at once and then they can't keep track of payments and again do the double billing trick with late charges. No more orders from me or my family and my family thought I was nuts for trying to do business with them again after seeing their cheating practice go on like this for years and with the generation before. Sad.

J

I received a comfort pillow from PCH which I did not order and do not wish to purchase.
Do you have a phone number I can call? I have purchased many items from you. I am retired and on a fixed income. I don't plan on buying anything again as I can get the same items locally and without paying those high S/H fees.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Jeannette Prosser

D
Oct 22, 2013 8:24 pm

I just need help! I can't play any pch. lotto/token games. Just doesn't want to load. Please Help! Also---to non- believers, THANKS! It raises every daily players better chances! Thank You PCH! I just wish I could do more, buy more, there are some terrific products that you offer! A loyal fan, Debbie Jenson

They send you emails in the mail, and you have to search to receive an entry, but then they warn you that your searches may end in your searches being revoked and your entries being revoked if you just search to enter, if you search for the same things over again, if you use search words or phrases that apparently they don't like. I'm getting tired of the threats. I actually purchase products from PCH, but I am seriously thinking of stopping. Have been purchasing from them since 1985, but I don't like the threats. If they require a search to be able to enter, then our freedoms should allow the search to be what we want it to be for, and not just so they can upsell us an item again.

K
Sep 20, 2013 11:24 am

i dont like how u guys send me emails saying prize patrol r comeing to my area code gearintead and sumone with my initials has defenatly won and its been a letdown every month i get that and dont even show up in my home town or no one wins with my initials i dont get how u guys could build sumones hopes up so much to get out of there horrible homeless life since i was 12 but all its is is another letdown in life stop geting ppls hopes up

Aug 25, 2013 12:47 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I dont have a desktop computer or a laptop. All my entries have been done on my mobile phone. Then all of a sudden i get an email stating that i need to let them know if i should be a winner, did i want them to put a hold on the winnings or not. of course i want my winnings, so i clicked on the appropiate place and the entry was in the process of being confirmed when another page came up and said to come back later on your desktop computer to complete this entry. As ive said, i dont own a computer and dont have access to one. The next three emails were the same. They told me that if i didnt answer by a certain amount of time, then even if my number was the winning number, i would not receive the money because i didnt register in time. If i didnt register then would someone please tell me how they have my name, email address, home address, phone number, and up until this time, had accepted all my entries. Its getting close to the end of the super prize winning date (August 29) so i can only assume that its not going to be me because they wont let me complete the last three times ive tried to answer them. I would like to win the big prize but i dont respond well to threats and foolishness. They took all my other entries from my phone so whats the problem? Maybe its because i did not buy anything from them or any of their advertisers. I wont be wasting my time anymore until i get an answer to my complaint.

Jun 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Yep, PCH is total B.S. I've been wasting my time time for around 10 years, playing all of their stupid little daily games, and haven't won a nickel. I have bought only 1 thing from them, and it is a total piece of crap. I will never buy anything from them again. However if you want a magazine sub. they do have good deals on those. Just do NOT buy any merchandise. And whatever you do, do NOT waste your life playing their stupid little daily games.

Mar 09, 2013 9:52 am

PCH is B.S.! I’ve been playing all of their little games every day for around 6 yrs now. That’s a lot of hours I’ll never get back. I’ve never won a cent. The only thing I’ve ever got from them is these vouchers to buy their cheap crap at a huge discount. I can tell you that the retail price, they claim this stuff is worth, is completely false. I wanted a video camera, so I used one of these vouchers to buy one through the PCH. The pamphlet claimed the camera, which was supposed to be, 720 HD video/ 16mp camera, retailed for $499. Through PCH with the vouchers it would be $99. After S/H it was $109. The camera is a total piece of crap. Both the pics and the video are blurry and grainy. I could have bought the same quality camera from Wal-Mart for $69.99. As for their games, they’re just more B.S. Just pay attention to the names going across the bottom of the screen. Supposedly people win prizes on a daily basis. Yet, I’ve noticed the same names for a whole week. Also on the diamond exchange screen there are only 2 spaces that say “try again”. Which is pretty much the equivalent of lose a turn. Yet, it lands on these 50% of the time. As if the sweepstakes entries weren’t already worthless enough. Once I had 18 diamonds and it landed on these lose a turn spaces 11 times. It’s just F-IN’ ridiculous.

Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I too am frustrated because each day I "complete' the entry form only to be told I will be disqualified the next day by not entering. So it makes me feel like PCH is not a legitimate contest at all. Very frustrating. And I do not understand what PCH "search" is at all - I have searched topics in there but it does not really mean anything to me at all. Does that enter me for something - it just seems like a search engine. Very bizarre...

Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Piece of ### company with questionable morals. A huge waste of time, people!

Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

A marketing game. It's all ###, people! If you don't fit their profile, don't expect to win! The odds are billions to one you won't even if it was legit!

N
Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i keep entering but it says to search to complete my entry but then i seach and it keeps telling me this. am i doing something wrong or what am i suppose to do?

Dec 29, 2012 8:43 am

PCH Is A ### Thing Just To Sell Thing I've Payed That Game For Years O'boy ::Hm You Could Win 5000 Th For Life Ya Right OK, , Its ### :::::::::{ OK WIN THIS }}}} [email protected]

Dec 15, 2012 8:51 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been entrying pch for a long time.They send me emails to enter before i lost out on winning 5, 000 dollars a week for life. I sent in entry so many time. And they still send me that email everyday. Thats why i believe its a scam. I wish so much that it wasnt but i really can use a miracle for my family. Well thanks for listen.

to whom it may concern; i'm not sure who to talk to i have been buying from pch for some time now.i just purchased a flashligt i recieved the order 3 days agoi put my batteries in and ------------they do not work and i will not pay for something i cannot use so i hope you can advise me what to do

C

I have been receiving contest to win and then when I go to enteit has Angela instead of my name. I would like to be able to win. I have entered for years and never won anything. Please get this staightend out My name is Carolyn S. Carr Zip Code is 64801. When I enter make sure it is in my name not Angela. Thank You

S

I agree with all the comlaints..PCH is pure ###..theey tend to build poor peoples hops to be let down..I've played for muliple years and NOTHING..I SHALL NEVER WAIST MY TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE EVER! THEIR ALL FULL OF ###!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

352 complaints