Complaints & Reviews

Hideaway ponds (ocean canyon)

Hideaway ponds In Gibson Louisiana is in terrible shape there is standing water when it rains to the point where you can't see the roads from the ditches, the lady that checks campers in is rude and has terrible hygiene, (Tynoa) this park needs lots of work and new workers, they won't sell any memberships at that location for sure. The rules are only enforced with certain people not everyone follows the same rules, it's terrible and getting worse, the only good thing about the park is the pools.

Membership

This company has the absolute moral ethics of any business we have ever had to deal with. We do not recommend...

scam

This is a warning to anybody buying a membership from Ocean Canyon at Styx River. The people that work for...

suppression of woman.

I contacted the park about taking a tour and buying a timeshare. Had the date and time set up and then they informed me that my husband must come with me, I could not do it by myself. Now granted I earn over $100, 000 a year by myself, I am well within my means to purchase a timeshare on my own. I informed them that my husband is deployed in the military and not in the country. They told me that it was policy that since I had told them that I was married that my husband MUST accompany me to make a decision. I was not aware that we still lived in the 1950's. I thought the Masters Degree that I hold would at least let my "Lady Brain" make a decision on if I wanted to purchase or not. Oh that is correct it did! I will not do business with any company that openly suppresses woman. If I could give zero stars I would

• Ocean Canyon Properties's response · Jun 04, 2019

We are sorry that you were not explained the details of participation for our offer to tour our private membership resorts. Ocean Canyon Properties is not a “timeshare” company, we are a family oriented, private membership resort company. We welcome couples, families, and single individuals to come and tour our resorts and explore our facilities to determine if there is an interest to purchase a resort membership. When a family or couple is interested in touring our resorts, we require both spouses to be present for the presentation and resort tour, as it is necessary for both parties to understand the details of the membership. Should a couple desire to purchase a membership, we require them to jointly sign the membership agreement, as the membership is in both spouses’ names. If a husband wanted to tour by themselves, he would be ineligible to tour as well. All of our marketing materials explain these details of participation. We are sorry these details weren’t explained to you or you didn’t see them in our marketing materials.

• Updated by edycamp79 · Jun 04, 2019

**Response to OCP:

Correct me if I am wrong then, If I chose to buy a "membership" to take "my" children (whom's daddy passed away so yes they are mine solely ) "camping" I couldn't do that even if my husband chose to not to participate in any of the activities? So I can not spend my money or do with my children as I wish in your eyes? Let alone my husband is in the military and deployed to Iran right now. He couldn't come even if he wanted to. Maybe we should ask my daddy or my brothers since in your eyes women should not go out un-escorted. I do not care what it states in your advertisements your policies are outdated and sexist against women.

• Updated by edycamp79 · Jun 04, 2019

"Should a couple desire to purchase a membership, we require them to jointly sign the membership agreement" It is with this statement that I have a problem. This "couple" did not wish to purchase a membership. I, Edythe Campbell, did. Solely by myself. I can purchase a home on my own, purchase a vehicle, tour the world, ect... but your outdated policies state that I can not purchase a membership with out my husbands consent. Maybe you should look up the Civil Rights act of 1964. You will need it real soon. I have had several civil right attorneys contact since my Facebook post.

Cancellation of Membership and Note

“Since my posting of August 19th, I was referred to the appropriate Ocean Canyon Properties’ representatives who were willing and able to work with me. With their assistance, I was able to resolve my complaints with the Company to my satisfaction. The representatives I worked with were both professional and courteous. As I have been unable to remove my previous posting, I am posting this comment to inform the public that Ocean Canyon’s handling of my situation demonstrated to me that they are concerned with their customers’ satisfaction.”

• Qu
    que sue Aug 20, 2018

We have been trying to get out of that Membership for over 4 yrs now.. We don't use it, were not able to, yet we have to keep paying the DUES for something we cant even use.. We have to try and pay all our bills on top of all the medications we both take.. We have offered to pay the closing cost and transfer fees to anyone that will take it, and still no one wants it, we cant even give it away... Were going to need to get a Lawyer I guess, just to get this burden off our backs... Has anyone gotten out from under this contract, without getting a Lawyer, and if you had a Lawyer, was it worth the money, did it help???

Account closed

I was told my dues where on them for the first year & My account was closed becase i met a frind out at tre...

They sent me large bill for the services, which I haven't order or used

I recently got such bill from the company Ocean Canyon Properties. These ### wanted to get money for the services, which I haven’t received. Also they wanted to get payment for the membership, but I haven’t subscribed for them. The company is dishonest and they want only money from the users. They are liars and scammers, and I want to find other deceived customers, who lost money. Please we need to stop this company and return our money. Post your comments.

Josh Palmdale Apr 09, 2012

Ocean Canyon Properties scammed us into buying their property. After realizing that there were lots of misrepresentations in their offer we decided to ask for a refund. They’ve promised to look into our situation but we never received our money back.

I lost money and got horrible vacation package

I went to the presentation of the company Ocean Canyon Properties. After that 5 people started to offer different vacations, which I didn’t need. Also they started to offer discount and other stuff. After a couple of minutes, one guy persuaded me and I ordered vacation from them, but it was mistake. The vacation was horrible and this fake package didn’t provide all entertainment and services. Bad company, so stay away from them.

• Updated by AngieN · Oct 19, 2019

They admitted the fault of the last one but instead of telling you they can help you out, they offer is an upgrade, of course with an additional fee. That previous person conveniently no longer works there.
    I have called Member Services and tried to get out of the contract to be told I can't resale until our contract is paid in full.

The RV sites are ok but do the cabins or "hotel" facilities they have are nasty and disgusting. Of course they will show you their nice newly built cabins but they happen to never be available when you would like reseve one.
    We stayed at one of their cabins and bedding was not provided for the pull out sofa. We had arrived after hours so we had to make a run late at night to purchase bedding for our kids to sleep on. That night/morning I was also bit by a brown recluse spider which resulted in multiple doctor visits/hospital visit/prescriptions. I now have a forever scar to remind me of this horrible place.

I thought we might try them again and we stayed in their "hotel" facility which was extremely disgusting. The kitchen cooking tools were useless/broken. The couch was disgusting and nobody wanted to sit on it. The shower was nasty and if I could have chosen to not take a shower I would have. There was mildew and hair on the shower curtain along with many other things not cleaned in the entire room.

I have yet to hear back from the member services representative and assume I probably will not. I will be looking a legal advice to resolve this horrible company.

Please take the time to read all the reviews. It seems nice in the beginning until you have been hooked.

AngieN Oct 26, 2019

Do not fall for their lies! Wish we would have read the reviews before signing. We have been members for 3 +years and have stayed less than 10 times counting 2 free stays. I have talked with the the sales manager at Ocean Canyon Properties about the misleading and high pressure sales pitch and lies we were told.