Bennett Property Management Logo

Bennett Property Management

Having problems with Bennett Property Management?

Bennett Property Management Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bennett Property Management Customer Service. Initial Bennett Property Management complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bennett Property Management above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bennett Property Management. Discuss the issues you have had with Bennett Property Management and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bennett Property ManagementRude, Unresponsive People, Total Scammers

The experience at the very beginning should have been a red flag, and I wish I had heeded it.
Bennett Property managed a property that we were renting, and considering we are their source of income as well as the owners of properties, I would have hoped their treatment for us was going to be comparable, but my hopes quickly diminished throughout our time with them.
Firstly, contacting them is near impossible. When I had found the available apartment online, I quickly jumped on it and called the manage of the property (Sarah J) and since she didn't pick up, I left a message citing my intentions as well as my number. Week goes by and nothing. Called again and left a message again. Nothing. I asked her to at least get back to me to tell me if the apartment was no longer available so I could take my searching elsewhere and still she could not give me the time of day. I had to text her to get any kind of response from her at all. Hardly the sign of professionalism you would expect from such a corporate property management company. Furthermore, when we were grinding through the paperwork, and we got our $1000+ check to hand to them for move-in costs, their receptionist could not have been more rude to me, hissing through her teeth at me, because I had made the mistake of thinking she was speaking to me, when in fact she was on the phone.

Throughout the years, the property had to have many things replaced. The dishwasher was completely out of commission and the insides were literally melting so it had to be replaced. The bathtub faucet leaked and also had to be replaced, and the water boiler exploded and also had to be replaced. Admittedly, the timeliness of the repairs was good, if it were not for the fact that these things should have been fixed BEFORE we moved in, and I can't help but think that all these expenses were held against us at the end when we moved out. Besides the remnants of having a pet left in the apartment, we scrubbed that apartment until it was flawlessly clean. If I had been a visitor, to me the apartment would have been "move in ready". And during the moveout inspection, she gave us no indication whatsoever that the apartment was not in the shape that deserved the full refund of our deposit. We only received 20% of our $500 deposit back, which we were counting on for our move across the country. Everything that we paid for, they did AGAIN at the expense of our security deposit. They cited most of the withholding as getting rid of the "pet smell" in the carpet, which I paid MUCH more than I needed to have to have that removed as well as an additional $200 general cleaning fee. The $250 pet fee, by the way, was the "permission to have a pet" and did not cover a single thing. We would have been better off financially, to never have notified them of our pet and to just take what they could of our deposit anyway. In retrospect, I should have never had the juvenile hope that such a corporate for-profit company would have any kind of empathy or fairness, or do anything other than do all they can to prevent them having to pay you anything.

My advice: do not deal with this company. They have no mind for the renters themselves and see you as cattle that bring them profit rather than clients that are paying them for a service.

Bennett Property ManagementBennett property management

Been dealing with hazard issues they don't tak seriously. Owner won't fix fish net landscaping coming up in backyard leading to alley to take trash pics sent but won't fix. Now I have electrical issues that 1/2 the house has no power and I took off work 2 1/2 hrs and still having issues after finding out all these outlets are on a breaker that won't trip it just burns out at the source. Great!! Fire hazard. I tried everything besides getting a lawyer so far. They r dragging their feet. Just moved from a renal that caught fire no less uneasy. Now today when rent is due I'm waiting for repair when I should be at work cuz they down graded to save money and put ME out of pocket to fix their crap . Not to mention the 24hr service tech Tony called and told the circumstances of my last fire pit and asked if they can come out right away? He said I will turn this back to property approval I said "but that's y I called 24hr maintenance. " he said, so do U smell smoke smoke?", I said no " he said if u do call the fire Dept. " you Jack ###!! Hope u live on the streets for that comment!!

bennett propery managementterrible service

This was my first time ever going through a real estate company for a home and just may be my last. From the very beginning i have been having nothing but hell with these people. And i swear that my original property manager was on drugs.

I have never had to do business with anyone so damn scatter brained in my life. I have been being charged fees left and right for the most ridiculous reasons. since the real estate office is in a whole other city from me i have to mail my rent in every month. I would mail my rent in on time and if the office receives it after the 5th i get charged and they will not accept my check.

So i would have to get a money order and mail the rent out again with all of these dumb ### late fees just because they decided that they will not take my rent. if it is a holiday how is it my fault that my rent did not reach you in time. they are money Hungary ### who don't give a ### about their tenants.

the property managers are all ### as hell and that includes my new one Theresa . I forewarn anyone that is looking to do business with the company You will have the worst service just turn the other way and look elsewhere. not only because of the rent but also because of the service THEY JUST DONT CARE!

Bennett Property ManagementPoor customer service

Run, this was not a good experience for our family at all. Literally unacceptable I would never recommend anyone working with this management company. No compassion, no sénce of urgency, and poor customer service! The home was dirty when we toured it I asked if it would get cleaned and was told yes, when we moved in still dirty, I took plenty of pictures and gave to the mnmgt company as well. Almost impossible getting anything repaired no time is of the essence for them at all, I went without a working sink for months. At move in the back yard was dead and not taken care of we were told it would be prior to move in wrong again. We had a pond pump that went out called and called to get some one out, when they finally did come out they said nothing wrong, they actually looked at the fountain we bought in the front yard, not good communication at all from the property manager, no follow through, we had to call and call to get them back out. They get rent and dont really care about the tenants or the homeowners there managing for apparently. I have been receiving forclosure notices for over 2 months, we pay almost 1, 500.00 a month and there was no compassion for my family when they wanted us to show there home weekend after weekend. We have continually kept up this home as if it were our own in fact it looks better than it did before we were here, my hope for the next person check out the companies Before you Rent From Them, can t wait to be done with this. Now we have potential owner wanted to see the home, we were also told by bpm they were representing the homeowner WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

RESOLVED

• Ih
            Ihatebennetttorentit Aug 10, 2012

They also do not reply to the owners!!! this is an issue that can only be solved when
            my lease agreement and rental contract agreement ends. I will never use Bennett as property managers again.

• Ob
            obie_wise Jul 26, 2012

The company response does not address any of the real concerns of the tenant. The foreclosure process was an after thought to the long list of other grievances. This company should not be in business. I am attempting to get their licenses revoked.

Anne McCawley Jul 09, 2012

The real reason that this tenant called is due to the fact that the home they are renting is in a short sale/foreclosure situation. Both the property manager and myself have done everything in our power to serve the best interest of the property owner AND the tenant. It is a very difficult situation for both parties when the Owner has to sell/foreclose and the tenant is asked to show the home and doesn't know if they will be able to stay or when they will have to move. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon tale these days. The person who posted this complaint is in the property management industry and called us because she didn't know what the outcome would be - a sale or a foreclosure. She became agitated when I told her that I didn't know the outcome, either. I understand her frustration, but I don't understand her anger at our company or her unwillingness to learn about her rights. Especially when she is in the industry. I offered to explain it to her, but she rushed off the phone and said that she would "download the information herself."

Bennett Property ManagementPoor Service and Theifs

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!! This company is the worst management company I have ever delt with. We have been wronged. I never write review, but I am blasting this one! These people rented us a house infested with mice and roaches and would not take care of the problem. Do not expect them to take care of anything you request. I would STAY CLEAR!

Bennett Property Managementbad attitude during inquiry, not even renting yet

So I called the Bennett property management phone number and spoke with a lovely receptionist I believe on a friday. She then transfered me to Jody with whom I left a message stating I was very interested in a property she was showing and to get back to me asap. While on her voicemail it states she could take up to 24 hrs to respond, I thought nothing of it. Come monday morning at around 10 am decided to give Jody another call back with no avail and decided to leave another voicemail. At this point I was getting frustrated and under the gun looking for an apartment. Then tuesday decided to give Jody one last shot and eureka, she answered. At this point I was really annoyed by how she handled the situation and asked if there was someone else I could work to get me into this specific property. She then proceeded to say, "i am the only one that shows this property and I dont feel the need to tell you why I didnt call you back." that was more then enough to exclude this entire company from potential business I may have. whenever I can, I sure will inform potential clients of

• Us
                Usernametoo Jun 11, 2013

^ Thanks for the reply Jody...

• Ha
                happy owner with BPM. Oct 08, 2012

Jodi manages a home for me and has been very responsive. I also understand that she has over a 100 other houses to manage as well so I don't expect 911 service unless its an emergency. Most renters that I have fix small things and when they let me know through Jodi, we compensate them. Anybody that has owned a home knows how often small things like toilets normal wear and tear happen. Thank god I did not have a renter like the one above that panics when the lettering comes off the stove!!
                I would recomend they visit the Bennett website and request a repair like you are supposed to for faster service.

• Pr
                Property mis-management Sep 04, 2011

I'm currently living in a home "managed" by Jodi Brace. She does not return calls and makes promises she does not intend to keep. We have called her office, her cell, emailed and even text messaged and gotten no response. This house is in a horrific state with things falling apart on a regular basis and she dodges phone calls to avoid facing it.
                We told her on a few occasions via voicemail (she didn't answer the phone, not surprisingly) that one of the toilets was leaking from the bottom where it was no longer sealed properly. She did absolutely nothing until one day the toilet just dumped its contents onto the bathroom floor.
                When we were obviously unsure of whether or not we should re-sign the lease she told us she would have a contractor come in and make a list of things to fix and then come back to do the work. He came out, we re-signed the lease and we haven't heard from either of them since. Today was the 3rd time my husband attempted to contact her about the repairs.
                We have peeling linoleum due to water damage, a crumbling cinder block wall, broken outlets, an oven that doesn't have legible temperatures in the control knob, a shower that leaks, and a toilet that doesn't flush 90% of the time. I'm paying $14, 000 a year to live in a perfectly nice house that Bennett ran into the ground.

• Re
                reply1987 Aug 30, 2011

I work in an environment where I am counted on everyday. I occasionally get asked why I couldn't get on the phone. I am always sweet and kindly tell them it was a personal matter but that I'm here to help them now. Plus, i'm usually the one calling back, not the other way around.

This is actually how I did my apartment hunting, I'd send an e-mail, then follow up with a call three days later, if no call back I decided not to rent from that place. I mean, who can't mash out a " we got your message, lets chat" e-mail in this day in age? People are not so hard up on housing that they have to settle when renting, I sure as heck didn't.

If they can't call, send and e-mail or be polite on the phone to a potential leaser, I don't want to know how they treat one that have basically handcuffed because of a lease.

Bennett Property Management — A/C has been down since June 17

My name is Jorge Cervantes im currently renting a home from Bennett Property Management in Mesa AZ. Im...

Bennett Property ManagementNo Professionalism

Received a call from my property manager. I accidently put the wrong amount on my rent. This being the 10th month of paying rent, and having never been late I was suprised that they were requiring my rent within 2 hours on a Friday and demanding that I essentially leave work to drop off the payment. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was hung up on.

I called back to the main line and spoke with Anne the owner, who was also very rude and condisending. However, she did supply me with opposite and different information than that of the property manager.

I've come to the conclusion that this is a very unprofessional and poorly run company and I would advise against anyone thinking of using this company to manage or to rent from.

Save yourself the headache and loss of finances by going somehwere else.

Bennett Property Management — Unprofessional Rude People

We’ve been renting a home for the past few months from Bennett Property Management for a few month...

Bennett Property ManagementFraud and scam

We rented a house in Gilbert, AZ in 2005 directly from the owner. All was fabulous while he was in charge. When we gave our notice at the end of 2007, he hired Bennett Property Management to take over and re-rent the property. No problem, we thought, until we found out that he handed over our entire deposit to them to manage. Mind you, this included last months rent. Right from the get go, they were intent on keeping every dime.

When I tried to set up our walk through with Jodi Brace, I played phone tag back and forth until I finally called the owner to let him know we were leaving and I needed her to get by! He called me back and said that Jodi said she had called many times and I was never home. The number she had was my cell phone for one thing and we had nothing to do but be there cleaning for the move-out! We cleaned for two days, wiping blinds, ceiling fans and even patching little nail holes in the wall and repainting the walls. Everything was immaculate! She never showed so we took pictures throughout the house with the date stamp and time on them. We got a letter over a month later with every deduction you could imagine on it, including things that came with the house that she tried to charge us to haul off. When I called her to ask her about the haul off charges, she told me that she didn't have time for this and to just sue her!! Needless to say I wrote back and forth with her for 7 months until I finally found out from an attorney that I could sue and they would have to pay our ALL of our travel expenses to get back to Arizona to fight this.

I am assuming that the owner stepped in and told her to handle it because I had copied him on all letters to her by then. I also included the pictures that we had taken where everything was immaculate, and copies that she had sent me where everything was dirty. Gee, I wonder how long it was after we left she that finally made it there to even take pictures. May I also add that the invoices that she tried to claim for work done were through their own company. I hope that the owner filed fraud against her because I would gladly back him up in court!

• Ha
                    happy owner with BPM. Oct 08, 2012

Bennet property management rents thousands of homes for at least 30 years. The complaints you will find numbers in a dozen or so. You do the math and you won't find that kind customer satisfaction too many other places.

• Ih
                    Ihatebennetttorentit Aug 10, 2012

As an owner with 3 units that Bennett manages what a joke. The property rental agent Sandy never return my calls. The managers never reply to phone calls or email's. I have renters that are late and on the verge of eviction. I have asked for walkthroughs but that never happens. I signed a contracts with Bennett with two year leases with them and my renters. I cannot get out of the contracts until the lease expires. I have no idea as to what the renters are doing to my properties. Two of the units were rented to two couple (2 people), the other to a family. I have found out from the neighbors that there are more people living in the homes which are rented to only two people.. Bennett will not go out and confirm this. Their team of contractors that you pay, do not do everything that you pay for prior to your properties being rented and they also use unskilled labor. When my contracts with Bennett finally expire I will NEVER use Bennett again nor will I recommend them. This is the worst property management company that I have ever worked with. I also have other properties in other states with property managers and they are wonderful. Bennett on the other hand get an "F" for lack of contact with the owners and lack of managements for my 3 properties. Bennett is a dirty word in my dictionary!
                    My rentals were built in 2006 and 2007 and were like new... now I have do idea.

• Ob
                    obie_wise Jul 26, 2012

A tenent is not required to to clean a home before they move in. On top of that the maintinance and service is horrific.

satisfied BPM homeowner Oct 04, 2010

You will find almost all of the complaints are renters who fail to clean their homes properly upon the end of the lease vs any from the renters who actually employ Jodi and the people from bennet property management. Thats what property managers do, protect the owner from careless renters. She is my PM and has done an outstanding job in the last 2 years.