Progress Energy Carolinaspoor customer service

M Review updated:

Had trouble paying bill online..via electronic bank transfer..Bank says no request for payment was made by Progress Energy.. was charged a fee, and told that they would no longer accept any payments from me, except by cash, certified check or money order..I've been with this company for over 20 years..this is the first time this has occured..Customer Service reps have been extremely rude and unhelpful..I guess sinc this is a necessary service, and only they can supply it to me..that they can treat me with any disrespect that they want to..they must feel good having this much power over someone's life..Shame on them...

• Hu
    Hunter London Feb 11, 2019

NO.NO.NO. You have a Managing probing, if you had used the 750 million on under ground you would not have spend as much. In areas where are no trees you would have only rutine protection.

• Gr
    Greg McLendon Aug 06, 2019

As another poster submitted. Power constantly goes out on clear days. Worse power service I've encountered. Almost 3rd worldish. Had Tampa Electric TECO before this. Vastly superior

The resolution excuse is 'equipment problem' Maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade to newer equipment and stop bandaiding the old.

Live in the Crystal River area

• La
    Lake destiny Aug 21, 2019

I pay my Bill online. Western unión and the compact dont acredit my pay
    I will pay charge fee and late fee for the negligent company in the month .of July and august 2019.

• Ka
    kathy vandenberg Sep 19, 2019

Tree limbs cut at the road and right at the entrance to my property. Everything left on the ground. It's been four days . All the tree debris, bark, sticks are all over the pavement. I checked the Duke site. This isn't standard trimming procedures. They are to clean up the area when finished.

• Ro
    ronald pennington Jan 21, 2020

Here is a vedio of a driver cutting me off and slowing down on purpose on 1/10/2020 SR 441 Mt Dora check time stamp 09:54, can not believe the smarts or lack of this driver. TAG #64892. I called local phone # and complained. If no one gets in touch with me about this, I might post it on the internet.

• Mr
    Mrjuice86 Mar 01, 2020

There are arrows pointed at a generator in my yard. It is where arrows have been spray painted in my yard. The arrows are on the pavement and grass, by duke. There were new markers added. The new markers are different colors on top of the grass and yard.