Privacy Matters 123Company got debit card information from another site!

C

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Gl
    Glen Rastellini Mar 31, 2008

PS NEVER use a debit or VISA check card over the internet. Recouping your money is much more complicated than a credit card dispute. Credit card companies will simply remove the money from the scam artist's bank account. A company signed up to collect via VISA is supposed to keep an account with a minimum $5000 for this purpose.

• Gl
    Glen Rastellini Mar 31, 2008

I believe these scam artists are all the same company. When I called them they insisted on blabbering about how wonderfull they were and how I would be foolish to 'cancel' the membership I never signed up for. It wasn't until I started swearing at the 2nd guy that I finally got his attention. They agreed to refund both charges ( their first offer was 1 refund) only after I told him I would dispute both charges with my credit card company. I will give them to the end of the week. If my card isn't credited I will simply dispute and they will lose the money anyway.

• Ni
    Niki Mar 25, 2008

My story is the exact same as yours. I was told by peoplefinders.com that "It appears that you clicked on there advertisement in order for you to be charged by this company" and "You would only be billed with Privacy Matters if you filled out their survey and entered in your email address twice to confirm registration with them." Last time I checked, I wasn't stupid. I'm pretty sure when I do or do not sign up for something. Their excuse was lame and it sounds as if they use it a lot.