Having problems with Priceline.com?

800 7742 3546 (International)
1800 123 3316 (Mexico)
+1 877 477 5807 (USA & Canada)
+44 207 136 8462 (United Kingdom)
+61 282 239 711 (Australia)
+64 99 200 062 (New Zealand)
+31 202 008 497 (Netherlands)
+82 234 837 211 (South Korea)
+1 800 774 2354 (Caribbean)
+1 888 751 9159 (Dominican Republic)
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

prepaid booking-got charged twice!

I booked hotel rooms through priceline through name your own price. had an offer accepted. Checked into hotel..checked out and was charged by the hotel again for the nights that were supposed to be prepaid already...Thought it was a mistake, but I booked another Hotel room again and the same thing happened. I got off the phone with the hotels and they said that Priceline usually gives them the money through a "ghost" credit card, which in my two seperate instances did not happen. Isn't that some sort of scam of stealing? I'm in debt now 500$. Am I the only one? Can i get responses so I can get a class action law suit. This is definitely not right. We need to stick together and not let corporate america take advantage of people because they are major.

REgards

• Tr
    Tricia Jun 05, 2009

It's most definitely stealing! Sorry this happened to you, but thank you for posting your comment. I was considering using this company, but via all the complaints? I'm going with HOTEL.COM and leaving this company ALONE.

Vonore666 Jul 31, 2009

I wish someone would go after Priceline in a class action suit, they have screwed so many people.

Chris got ripped off Sep 12, 2009

Talk to martin hes a lawyer.

• Gt
    gt ripped off 2 Jul 06, 2010

its not just priceline... I booked three nights at Wingate through travelocity and the front desk asked for a credit card to hold $20 for "incidentals" I went against my better judgement and gave them the only credit card I had(I have sworn off credit cards and only use a debit card) and they charged me for the room I had already prepaid for through travelocity. The front desk clerk is telling me that it is not possible and yet it is showing up on my bank account. This is a huge headache and I am friggin pissed over it.

• Sl
    slyfielj Sep 06, 2010

It sounds like there was a problem between the hotel and priceline. The hotel should not have charged your card. So I think the disputed charge should be the charge the hotel made, not the one that priceline made. When they ask for your card for incidentals, that should only be for: (1) Non-complimentary Services provided (i.e. parking, if not paid at time of service, PPV movies, etc), (2) stealing items such as towels (yes, those towels are not free), and (3) Smoking in a non-smoking room. Otherwise, you should be off the hook. File a complaint with the hotel, not priceline. They issued the reservation number, not priceline.

I will also state that priceline should only be used by those that have some flexibility in their travel plans. Those who have no flexibility should use traditional travel sites (including priceline's fixed price section) which have guaranteed rates and may be cancellable.

switch and bait tactics.. false advertisements in my opinion

Stay away from this online booking agent. Not only do they not have their physical address listed for their business on their website.. which by the way I thought was a legal requirement they also take your credit card information during registration promise to find you a hotel room at a 40% discount rate and then charge you for a ratty room at a higher than listed rate. I think that there are grounds for a Class Action Lawsuit... Priceline... you need to change your ways, or you will not be around long. The news will spread to those of us who know how to use the web to put you out of business. Your practices are unethical.. listen to what people are saying? They steal your money...

mahayes99 Oct 21, 2009

I completely agree with Debra! Priceline.com infers in their advertisements and on their website that they can save the consumer, "...40-50% off hotel prices...", just by using their "Name Your Own Price"' segment of their website. This is not always the case. And considering that in the US there are no legal standards by which hotels are awarded a particular star-level, Priceline.com's idea of a 4-star hotel, (for example), does not always match up with the hotel industry's idea.

I would suggest that anyone who has an issue with this company, look into filing a complaint with the BBB and with the FTC, (Federal Trade Commission). The FTC has an easy to use on-line form to help you in filing your complaint.

liars and cheaters

On 5-7-09 I attempted to purchase 2 first class tickets thru priceline.com and I bid what was a reasonable...

booked hotel in wrong area

I promised I would tell 2000 people about my bad experience with Priceline "Name Your Own Price."
I was a regular user of Priceline.com. so they sent me a voucher for $25 off a hotel booking.
I clicked on the link on my e-mail and was directed immediately to the "name your own price."
I was looking for a downtown San Francisco Hotel, but I am told I clicked on SFO International as well, which is 15 miles away.
I don't recall clicking on it and don't understand why they have all the areas downtown together with SFO airport between them. I don't even think you can see it on the map. Anyway, I probably made a mistake, I don't know. Maybe its a trick becaue they have lots of hotels down that way and can't get people to click on that area.
But I was a loyal customer of Priceline. Of the 2000 or so things I have to click to make a booking, I accidentally clicked on this one.
As soon as I saw the mistake I tried to call but couldn't get through. I e-mailed in ALL Caps saying I was desperate.
Finally I got through but they wouldn't do anything. I asked what their policy was - they don't have one. No refunds, that's it.
I begged to be upgraded. I would happily pay more for a downtown hotel, but they won't bend.
So they don't look after loyal customers. We are just a number to them. Please be aware that if you make a mistake, it's YOUR PROBLEM.
ANYWAY I later found out that even though I had three people in the booking, including my brother and an infant, they booked me a single King Bed Smoking room - just to add injury to insult. I booked all my flights for the three of us through Priceline.com.
NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN.
Next time I will find an agent who has a policy about looking after loyal customers.

• Ca
    Carly May 03, 2009

Priceline SUCKS! I have a similar problem and they AND my credit card company refuse to refund me on a trip that is planned in June. I really NEED my money back!

online purchase results in additional unauthorized charges from 3rd party tlg great fun

Purchased a hotel through Priceline online. Six months later I notice unauthorized charges of 11.99 per month from " TLG Great Fun". A little bit of calling and digging shows that TLG Great Fun is an online partner of Priceline, a 3rd party. I never signed up for TLG Great Fun service or authorized them to charge my card.

On the phone, TLG Great Fun says I did when I purchased my room through Priceline. This places the blame at Priceline's door since they are the source of this supposed service and it's purchase from TLG Great Fun through the Priceline site as part of their checkout process. Neither Priceline nor TLG Great Fun are willing to refund the unauthorized charges, nor is my bank since it took me six months to catch it.

Beware of using the Priceline.com website: You are buying more than you think you are and they let on there.

awful experience

Priceline uses deceptive trade practices to make you think you are getting some kind of deal. I booked a hotel room at Econo Lodge Time Square for New Years. I thought it was right on Times Square, and would be inside the police cordon for the ball drop. Wrong. Room so tiny you couldn't get around the bed without crab walking between the bed and wall. Room $250 a night. Paid in full. Got there, realized I had been scammed, and checked out after two nights. Econo Lodge said 'sorry you booked through Priceline, you must go to them for a refund'. Priceline said 'sorry, Econo Lodge takes care of refunds'. Net result: Screwed out of $500 for two nights of lodging paid in advance.

I'm a lawyer, and if anyone wants to join in a lawsuit, contact me. I'm going to sue Econo Lodge, and Priceline, and let the Jury sort it out. Having a lawsuit pending in NYC makes all my trips tax deductible, so what the heck. If I had been smart enough to check with complaintsboard.com before I did business with Priceline, I wouldn't have made the mistake of doing business with them. Addendum: I found a two room suite CLOSER to Times Square for approximately the same price.

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I recently made a bid on priceline. I noted on my bid I would make no more than one connection, not fly off peak hours, and that and infant would be accompanying me (which i would be paying a full price ticket for). My bid was accepted, and as I read the conformation I was stunned. The flight they "congratulated" me for getting would be leaving just after 4pm from Baltimore Md, making two connections totaling over 5 hours of layover time to arrive in portland Maine at nearly midnight, then I saw the price the fees and taxes were almost have of the cost. I had read on their site "7.5" taxes was average plus a small fee of $5. Being that I needed to attend to a family emergency i called the 800 number to see if perhaps some accommodation/adjustments could be made since this is not what i had bidded on nor was it exceptable. The smug customer service rep told me "It's done there's nothing that can change it, it's not our fault" and "you still have to pay for the tickets". I filled out the form noting what I wanted, pricelines job was to find me that. Obviously there was a blasted disregard for the request. Only to be topped off with exorbitant fees and rude, hard to reach customer service representatives. Price Line for your service and thoughtfulness, for letting me know I got screwed, I will return the favor by telling anyone and everyone.

• Up
    upsett Aug 13, 2009

The same thing that I feel the customer service of priceline is awful. Even I think it was not me to make the request and it is computer error but they still can't get the reasonable refund.
    I will never use priceline again.

Chris got ripped off Sep 12, 2009

Hello are you really a lawyer. [email protected] I also have a law suit with this company if you are interested. It with econo lodge still trying to get my money.

unauthorized billing

I went on the website to shop for room rates because I was thinking of going out of town for the weekend. They asked me to give my credit card information before they would give me room rates. I did not realize I was agreeing to buy a room without shopping first. Once I gave where I wanted to stay and how much I was willing to spend, priceline gave me a room and charged my card. I was just wanting to see what was available. I didn't realize I had committed myself to this room. I immediately called them and told them of my mistake. They said it was too late once I hit the agreed button. I called American Express to dispute this charge. American Express told me to not pay it and they would investigate. A month later I heard back from American Express who told me that priceline submitted paperwork saying that I had agreed with my initials which I did not do. So now I never used the room because I thought American Express was going to take care of it for me and since it looks like I have to pay for my mistake, priceline will not give me another room since I did not use when I had the reservation. So now I have to pay $675.00 for nothing! This was all a big mistake! A click of the button-- without realizing that I was actually buying a room! I tried to explain this mistake to priceline and American Express and both will do nothing! Priceline website is criminal!

joey221 Jun 09, 2009

Next time do your research! You did agree/sign to the charge once you hit that button! Priceline makes it clear that you are paying for what you requested if you hit that button- it is a contract! Are you an adult? Everyone knows how priceline works!They owe you nothing for your stupidity!

• Wo
    Woody22 Dec 08, 2009

I purchased a ticket from priceline. when i got the iteneray the ticket was backwards. i keyed in the computer that i was leaving jackson, ms on 11/15/07 going to toledo and leaving toledo on 11/25 instead the itenary that they gave me once i purchased the ticket was backwards. i called them immediatly and told them of the error. not only did they charge me a $100 fee for cancelling a trip that i didn't ask for they refused to refund the money into my account until 7 to 10 business days. the ticket was for my daughter who is in college. the college closses on 11/16 and the students must vacate, but because priceline took the last money that i have in my account i am unable to get her home and she's stuck in ms. with no place to go for ten days..

ripped off for $183

Don't I feel stupid? If I had just check on-line for Priceline complaints I would never have used them, and I would not be out $183 for an economy car rental instead of the mini van I wanted. I had two bids rejected when I clicked on a Priceline email with a subject of "Try Again". When I clicked on it and it pulled up my date of travel, even the hours of pick up and return, and where I was picking up the vehicle I decided to enter a new price bid. But when my bid was accepted, they gave me an economy car and basically said so sad too bad when I complained. A bunch of crooks!

hotel room booking

I planned a trip to Boston several months ago. I used Priceline. Never again. Due to a change in plans I tried to cancel the hotel room I had booked. According to the hotel, the time I booked is very busy and they could easily resell the room, but they have a contract with Priceline. Priceline will cancel the reservation, but will charge me the $200.00 for the first night. If I don't use the reservation, they will charge me for the full cost of the complete stay. If I cancel they admit they will resell the room. Usually if a room can be rebooked (ie cancelation is before the stated time), they do not charge you. I have spent a lot of time on this on the phone and on line, but they are adamant that they can do this. Seems this may be how they make money.

JeffSmith4 Aug 20, 2009

Or, maybe, their policy says that you can't cancel after you book. Hmm, maybe you should read the very obvious bold print on the final page before you submit your booking.

hotel not booked in area they descibed

I made an offer for a 4*hotel in Paris France in an area detailed Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse and the description read: "Nothing in Paris is more picturesque than strolling through the Champ de Mars taking in the spectacular view of Paris' most famous attraction, the Eiffel Tower. After dusk, catch the Tower's romantic light show, which displays every hour. For a different view, tour Paris from the water on a riverboat in the Seine - many of them set sail from this area. Other attractions located in this zone include the National Assembly, Military School and Le Bon March, the world's first department store."

What I got was a hotel in an office park outside of the city. I tied playing nice and went thru three levels of customer service.. I then sent a letter to the top 5 officers of the company. No response. I then filed complaints with the Attorney's General of OR and CT. Next I filed a dispute with AMEX.

Their only response has been... it falls inside the mapped area. Which is a joke unless you are a city planner and know the city... The point is They describe and area and give you something completely different.

Below please find my communication with Priceline:
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

I am writing to you as I have received no satisfaction from the 1st three tiers of your organization. I don’t believe that you understand that misleading advertising is not legal or a very customer friendly option. I’ve only heard “we are very sorry, we can’t do anything to help” You can and you must. If you took the time to read what Priceline’s description says and they look at what I got you would certainly understand my frustration. Below is the letter I wrote last night followed by your own Teddi Cremeans, reply. I await a better response.

I have been an avid Priceline.com customer since the beginning, and have been wildly happy with cars, hotels etc.

The above reservation is a disaster. When I booked and looked at the areas you define, I began with area 3 you describe as Champs Elysees, Opera etc. I didn't get my room so I added area Area 4 Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse. What I received is nothing like those areas. Your description of the area is: "Nothing in Paris is more picturesque than strolling through the Champ de Mars taking in the spectacular view of Paris' most famous attraction, the Eiffel Tower. After dusk, catch the Tower's romantic light show, which displays every hour. For a different view, tour Paris from the water on a riverboat in the Seine - many of them set sail from this area. Other attractions located in this zone include the National Assembly, Military School and Le Bon March, the world's first department store." What I got was nothing of the sort. The actual hotel was fine, it is not however in the area you described above. I quote from the actual hotel's web site:
History and national heritage

* Special tourist area
* CHAMPS ELYSEES : 7.00 km / 4.38 mi
* EIFFEL TOWER : 4.02 km / 2.50 mi
* MONTMARTRE : 20.00 km / 12.50 mi

What you sold me was a business hotel in an area that is not at all touristy.

I spent 40 minutes with your two tiers of telephone support, the first mans name I do not recall, the 2nd man was Paul Working ID ROAL. He kept telling me how sorry he was, but the hotel falls inside the map... This is not acceptable. If anywhere in your description you would have said "Includes areas such as your area 5 La Defense, I would have never even considered the option.

I would like if you could either cancel my reservation and I can just book a hotel without naming my price or put me into an acceptable hotel and area. Time is of the essence please let me know if you can help me.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Pam M

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Vonore666 Jul 01, 2009

I had the same miserable experience with Priceline. Pleaded with them that the hotel was not as advertsied; weeks before the arrival date. All I got was they were sorry and screw you. Wrote to the executives and go nothing. Never will use Priceline for hotels.

airline ticket

I booked a flight online through priceline.com I accidently pushed a wrong date on the computer. Within a couple minutes I sent an email informing priceline of my error. Priceline basically said they would not refund or change the ticket date. Since I was to fly American Airines I called them and they said since the email show I let priceline know what happened right away, American Airlines policy was to issue a refund. Priceline again tole me they were not going to refund my money, would not change the date and let me fly at a later date. I'm on disability income and it took me awhile to be able to afford this ticket but now I'm told they will keep my money and will allow me to transfer the date on a later trip. In my opinion Priceline.com is a rogue company and I will be making plans to sue them. No person disabled or not should be treated in this manner. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND AM SEEKING COUNSEL TO SUE THEM FOR TAKING MY MONEY FOR A SERVICE THEY DID NOT PROVIDE AND I DID NOT USE! [protected]@sbcglobal.net

bad service

I was trying to book a minivan for my trip to Florida 1/18/09 to 1/25/09. I decided to try Priceline.com to get an inexpensive rate. I selected the minivan option, since the only vehicles that will work for us (we have 7 traveling) would be a large SUV or a minivan. I did the "name your own price" for a minivan for $18. It was rejected. I figured I would keep trying different increasing dollar amounts to get the cheapest rate. I then tried $19. So then a confirmation page came up and said that it was approved. However, Priceline reserved us for a MIDSIZE car which is not what I was attempting to book. I immediately called contacted customer service and they said that they would make an exception and reverse $192.49 of the total charge of $211.49, that had already been charged to my credit card. She said I would be still be charged for the price of the rental car for one day! I asked if she could resubmit my offer of $19 for a minivan which is what I was attempting to do; however, she told me that she was unable to do that. I am very upset that I am being charged $19 for a 1-day rental of a vehicle that I cannot and never intended to use, nor reserve AT ALL. The rep stated that the reservations are non-refundable and the website confirmed the type of vehicle. I explained that if I had been able to book a minivan I would have certainly wanted (and kept) the reservation because that was what I was needing and attempting to reserve. I explained that I did not see anywhere on the webpage, prior to the confirmation page, where it confirmed the type of vehicle that I was requesting. The entire time I was inputting the "name your own price" transactions I was attempting to reserve a MINIVAN. She again stated that there was nothing that she could do. I plan to continue to submit complaints via their website/email/phone, and also to contact my credit card company since I was NOT attempting to book the vehicle that Priceline assigned to me. midsize vehicle would be of no use to us during our trip and it was not was I was attempting to reserve. I did not see any type of confirmation of the vehicle type on that particular screen, before submitting the request and do not understand why I would have to pay $19 for one click of the mouse! I am in the hopes that this problem can be amicably resolved. I have emailed them and requested to please do not contact me back with "well, our policies are..." I know what the policies are, but Priceline should have the responsibility of being FAIR to its customers in this type of situation, regardless of "the policies." I know it's only $19, but to me its simply the principal of being ripped off. And, it seems that this is a common practice of Priceline. Priceline sucks!

• Valerie Jul 15, 2008

Priceline.com has a terrible policy of keeping your money for a lengthy amount of time when THEY HAVE MADE AN ERROR! I attempted to rent a car for two weeks, using my debit card (about $350). Unfortunately, I paid for the car at Priceline.com, but was unable to pick it up at the rental car agency. Priceline admitted to their mistake of connecting me with a company that does not allow rentals when using a debit card. You think to yourself, "Simple enough. Please return my money to my debit card and I will work with the company next door, who WILL take my debit card. WRONG!! Priceline STILL HAS MY $350 and refuses to give it back in a timely manner. I'm told I may have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks while Priceline verifies that I did NOT pick up the car. Umm, won't a quick phone call take care of this? In this economy, if you're renting a car for that amount of money, then the other money you have is budgeted for your *** gas! I did NOT have enough to do another 2-week rental and to put gas in the car while Priceline holds the money hostage! Tomorrow makes 10 days and I still don't have the money back on my card! I understand that companies have policies, but companies should also consider the HUMAN FACTOR in their business. People need their money! Having a policy that basically allows a company to keep a customer's money when the company has made an error is absurd. I did everything right by noting that I would be using a debit card as I bid on my car at Priceline; yet, I have to pay for the company's error. I could understand if they kept the money a day or two while they made sure we did not actually rent the car, but TWO WEEKS!!! Join me in sending a message. Boycott Priceline.com!

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

Priceline's ratings of New York hotels as 4 or 3.5 stars was highly deceptive. I wound up with a reservation for a very very tiny room in a 3.5 hotel described as "upscale plus". Nonsense! The room is 144 sq. ft., that's 14X10. Customer reviews confirmed the ridiculous size. Priceline does not give you the option of rejecting or choosing hotels. You are completely dependent on their categories and choice.

I attempted to upgrade through the hotel (The Hudson on W. 58th. St.) I was told Priceline has to handle it. I phoned Priceline. They told me the hotel has to handle it. I phoned the hotel back. The very nice reservation clerk said, "I knew that would happen. They tell you that if they think you don't know what you're doing. You have to insist that they fax your request to regional otherwise they won't help you and even then they might not, but they are supposed to do it." I phoned back Priceline. Their computer was down and their customer service rep was all but unintelligible due to a foreign accent. I will continue my complaint procedure to as many receipt points as are available on the web.

• Fr
    frustrated christina Jan 27, 2009

The same exact situation happened to me this evening. I was booking an SUV at Salt Lake City (headed to the mountains), for a bid of $55. Once accepted it noted I got the COMPACT CAR for $55! I was livid.

I called to complain and the same offering to you...cancel the reservations and charge me $55 fee (1 day's rental). I asked why should I pay for a priceline system mistake. They said i can call tomorrow to complain to the manager. (Ive read the blogs and I have a feeling i wont get anywhere with that).

(By the way...the Compact car is offered at $18.95/ day...and I am being charged $55/day. Isnt this system error obvious enough?)

Frustrated...

chris0830 Sep 13, 2009

A friend of mine had told me that her family members had bid for a $45 3 star hotel room on priceline and got it...for the weekend and area to which I was traveling. So, I used priceline.com for the first time to make my hotel reservations.
    I started out placing the same bid described above. The website responded that they could not meet that bid, and I would need to change my area or star rating criteria or increase my bid. I proceeded to increase my bid, rather than changing criteria. However, the site would not proceed if I did not change my criteria.

I did not need to change the location of the hotel, so I decided to research the types of hotels the service listed under 2 1/2 and 2 star hotel ratings. The 2 1/2 star hotels listed looked OK, but I saw a chain under the 2 star rating that I did not like. I proceeded to change the criteria of my bid to 2 1/2 star rated hotels and increased my bid a bit.

My bid was accepted, but by one of the hotel chains, a chain I've had bad experiences with, listed under the 2 star hotels! I informed priceline.com of this problem by both telephone and email. They refused to refund, change hotels or even admit that they misrepresented their hotel ratings on their website. Consequently, I will never use this service again, and will make sure all of my friends and family know to do the same!

• Gt
    gtoczek Oct 12, 2009

I had a very similar experience with priceline! We booked a hotel about a MONTH in advance for a trip we were talking with my in-laws. My father in-law booked the SAME hotel through Priceline as well. When we arrived at the hotel they had my in-laws reservation but not ours...after 20 minutes of calling Priceline and his "central booking office" (probably his brother punjab from the house across the street) he let us use his computer to re-print our confirmation to prove that we had a reservation and then he called Priceline AGAIN! Well finally he agreed that we could get a room but then told me that he could NOT GIVE US A ROOM WITH TWO DOUBLE BEDS LIKE WE ORDERED!!! I was absolutely FUMING! What made matters worse is that he had made the same goof regarding beds for my father in law but he set them up with a room at a hotel that they owned as well right down the road with two double beds!!! He said he was sorry but he could not do the same thing for us. I got on the phone and called priceline and first of all got a middle-eastern man named Mike(yeah...right) I explained the situation to him and he said he would have to transfer me. After being placed on hold for like 10-15 minutes he transferred me to ANOTHER middle eastern man named bob...BOB!!! (I'm not making this stuff up!!!) Habib...oh wait I mean Bob said he would have to call the hotel himself and talk to the manager and he put me on hold for another 35 minutes!!! When he came back on the line he said that the owner had done everything he could to accommodate us and he was sorry but there was nothing he could do. I said well you are priceline so find me another two double bed room in this town. He said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do but we could still have the room with the single double bed if we wanted it or he could refund our money. I told him I did not want that room I wanted what they PROMISED ME!!! In broken English he said he was sorry there was nothing he could do. I had him refund the money and I went down the road and spent a little more to stay at an AMERICAN run establishment that was amazing. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE PRICELINE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Ro
    ronilynn Aug 02, 2010

I had a terrible experience at a hotel booked through them-absolutely the worst hotel ever...
    I have booked with them many times only 4 or 5 star hotels. They have always been nice until this last stay. I called to complain and of course no one to talk to. I was referred by the phone to fill out form on site. I have done this and still no help. I usually would blow it off if a minor issue but this was crazy...

• Th
    The Thomas' Jun 15, 2011

The same thing happened to me only through pricing a hotel. I requested a hotel or motel along the NJ beach. I was then prompted that just in case we (Priceline) can't get you on the beach, select 3 of the 6 or 7 areas near my destination in NJ. I thought w/ all the hotels and motels beach side this should not be a problem. I randomly selected 3. It then began calculating and put me at 1.7 hrs drive away from my original request. To add insult to injury I never was prompted to confirm. It just put me there and said that the transaction was complete. Frustrated, I called to cancel and was told well since you purchased the insurance you have like 90 days to use the room. Needless to say, the sale was complete, I had no say in the final selection and I'm being hasseled through the travel insurance purchased through priceline because I canceled the trip. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my entire life. I won't stop telling this story ever :-( Next stop...Facebook!!

non refundable/nontransferrable

"Barbara Moseley" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
To:
[protected]@justicejunction.com
My son is in the army, at Fort Drum, NY. He and his wife were going to Texas for the hoildays and to meet his in-laws. I bought a ticket for him to return to New York, he is being deployed January 4, 2009. His commanding officer informed them 12-03-08, that the Army will not let them travel that close to deployment. I called Priceline to cancel the ticket and after two hours of going back and forth between Priceline and the airlines, I was told "If you had called to cancel within twenty four hours, we could have refunded your ticket price." My reply, " How can I call within 24 hrs. when my son just found this out today." I bought the ticket on Nov. 27, 08, and I called Dec. 3, 08 to try and get a refund.
Now, I can not transfer it to my daughter, can't get a refund, but they will hold it open for a year: $150. to change the travel plans, $30. fee for Priceline to do this and any amount if the price of ticket has gone up. Considering my son will be out of country for at least a year, so I just paid for a $336.00 tip to Priceline. How can this be, rip off supreme. Oh, and on top of all this, I was finally informed, if I had purchased the travel insurance, I might have gotten a refund. How stupid does this make me feel?! I will not ever use Priceline again.! So my question is, what can be done about this and others I have read on the complaint board? All similar stories of beiong RIPPED OFF?!??!! And like the other complaints, customer service is a big, fat, joke: and not a funny joke at that!!

Barbara Moseley

Glenda Trout Aug 05, 2009

priceline book me a room that was for older people. No view nothing for kids and why to far from the beach. They wouldnt upgrade or refund my money.I did not stay in the rooms they book for me. I will never use priceline again...Price line is a big rip off and scams people.

cancellation 10 refund wait

I booked a hotel and due to change of plans cancelled less then 8 hrs later on same day. Had to wait 10 days for refund on credit card. Will never use priceline again. They were quick to take my money.

• Ki
    kimputers Jan 22, 2008

Arrived at hotel with priceline confirmation print out. After driving 2 hours from another state. Just to be told from hotel clerk that I could not stay, cause here computer was not accepting my credit card. I explained and showed the young lady that I my print from priceline that this has been paid via internet. Clerk replied with a nasty attitude as if I have done something to her personally stated that there was nothing she could do for me stay. I drove away heated and embarrassed by this ordeal. Call my credit card company which was a prepaid WalMart debit card. The Customer service rep stated on which is on record that priceline.com has been confirmed and also there has been 5 attempts from Homestead of charging me an additional $32.96. I have already paid $46 and some change. which I paid more through priceline than i would coming straight to the hotel. Go Fiugre? Well roughly about an hour and half later the clerk called and stated that I could stayand she did not know i have paid through priceline. Well that's a bunch of BS. I originally stated and the print out i my hand when I originally showed up. I complained to the Hotel manage the next day and priceline.com. No satisfaction served. I was ripped off and rudely embarrassed. Screw priceline.com!

• Valerie Feb 11, 2008

I made a bid for a car rental in which i won, when i filled out the information i made arrangements to receive the rental car down town not at a airport, when i won the bid they sent me info for pick up at the airport, i called them within 2 minutes, and told them of their error, they told me I must be wrong and there is nothing they will do. I complained to 2 different people and then sent and email, they sent back in an email I know you believe you checked downtown but you did not. There is no question what i checked their program automatically changed it.

The workers are rude and crude and are not willing to make any changes without charging you money. Anyone having problems with this rip off firm should make a dispute with your credit card company to get your money back!

Margaret Apr 27, 2008

I bid on hotel accomodations with Priceline using their "name your price" format. My bid was accepted and the hotel is in the area it was supposed to be in, however, the one I was assigned advertised a lower rate on their own website than my bid. I think this is fraud. I think anyone would assume they would get a hotel that charged AT LEAST THE AMOUNT I BID as their NORMAL rate. I am trying to get them to rectify the situation but doubt I will get anywhere. A credit card dispute will probably be my only hope...

Margaret Apr 27, 2008

Update. The telephone customer service number did meet Orbitz lower price plus 10% extra making this slightly more palatable. Please note, however, that the email customer service denied my claim twice under the premise that my claim had to be made PRIOR TO MY DATE OF ARRIVAL. Since the reservation is not until AUGUST I found this ludicrous and suspect it was their intention to keep stalling in hope I would give up. BEWARE. They do not even list the hotel they assigned me to anywhere on their website as an option in any star category. I find this dishonest and unethical as the hotels they advertised were at least $50 more than the one I actually got - not to mention their rates are often considerably higher than going through the specific hotels directly to begin with. If I had known this particular hotel was a possibility, my bid would have been MUCH lower. I will NOT use Priceline again for this reason. They are quite simply going to cheat you as a matter of course.

• Ju
    Julia Presas Apr 29, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I booked a vacation package with a specific hotel (The Marriot) and when I got my itinerary, the hotel listed was the Holiday Inn. I had never even looked at or considered the Holiday Inn. I called Priceline to have the problem rectified and they said I must have accidentally chosen the Holiday Inn, and there was nothing they could do because I initialed the contract. The hotel when I initialed was the Marriot. I called several times and was told different stories about what happened. Two reps said I allowed Priceline to choose the hotel, two reps said I mistakenly choose Holiday Inn. I even offered to pay the diffeence to get the hotel I know I chose, but priceline refuses to budge. SCAM! The customer service people were extremely rude and unhelpful. One even refused to transfer me to the customer relations department for five minutes because "the issue was settled." I had to beg to be transferred! What a terrible terrible company.

• Valerie Jun 20, 2008

Priceline, is a bunch of crap, they say name your own price saves you up to 40%, its Bulls--t, I saved only 40 bucks on 300 published fare, on cheapoair, or travelocity, and for 40 bucks, you cant not talk to a human for customer service, can change or cancel, they treat you like trash, and you cant pick your times, NO CHANGES AT ALL, and they suck, and here is a phone # you can get in touch with the top DOGS-203-299-8000, they wont give it out cause they know they are sticking poor old working folks while they fat cat and make money off, of flights that would be empty, a great idea, someone should do it and be nice at the same time, it would work… trust me never do biz with PRICELINE, it wont be long they will be in trouble, and it makes me hate capt kirk, he knows they suck, good luck...

• Ga
    Gabriel Jul 11, 2008

I have had exactly the same experience - but in reverse. I bid on a car rental out of the airport - SFO - and when I looked at my itinerary it was rented out of downtown SF. Same experience with customer service - they said that they could cancel but I would have to pay $43 - one day of the rental. Complete scam!

• Valerie Jul 17, 2008

Price Line added fees taxes, etc. totalling 45% of my initial accepted low-bid offer for a rental car. This was done without any prior disclosure by Price Line to me.

A direct purchase from any of the major automobile rental companies at their conventional prices would have been less expensive.

Price Line also states that cancellations are not accepted for any reason. God help you if you get sick and cancel your trip. You will still pay through the nose!

You bid, you pay and you pay Price lines' exorbitant fees.

To deal with Price-Line is to buy a "Pig in a Poke." Guess who the "Pig' is!

• Do
    Dorothy Young Dec 02, 2008

I made reversation at the Days Inn in Denver, Co. throught Priceline.com on the 18th of August. On the 22nd I call Priceline and told that I could not drive to Denver and could I get my money back, I was told that they didn't give refunds.

I rode with some else, getting to Denver a day before I was to check in. The next day, I pay for the the day I had been there. We were moved to another room. On Monday.
    we checked out and I paid Days Inn. $345.00 and some change. I had prior to my check in payed $87.00 and some change because I was a day early. When I got home I made a call to priceline.com and explain that I had to pay my buill my self, and I would like my money back. I wrote them email after email and I got fed up and went to my bank, they replace the money. Priceline told that them they had paid DaysInn. Now I and trying to get my money from them no one who manages the place is ever around I have left messages, never gotten a call back. They returned 345.00, but not 441.00 I give uo the still owe me $167.00 and some change. I will never use them again, if the rooms are 10 cent a day.

• 20
    20kats Dec 05, 2008

You are not a pig, but now a fully aware buyer. Any middle man or woman will get their fees and usually AFTER the price is agreed upon. Phone companies are the worst but any online company offering cheaper prices is just preying on the ignorant buyer. We all want a good price but cheaper is not always cheaper. Spread the word and tell everyone you know, you will feel better. As goes the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." You will not be fooled again.

• Ca
    carolyn Dec 16, 2008

At 1155 am on December 16, 2017 I went on line and attempted to negotiate price for a hotel I proceeded with placing credit card in and no negotiation came up I couldn’t understand why priceline.com took my 352.00 dollars then when I called at 1158 am for assistant to cancel they told me I couldn’t and I could only be refunded 176.00 dollars no you know and I know if they could refund 176 dollars they have the power to refund the whole amount and let me start over. I could not understand their direction I was waiting for the page that stats negotiate. They took my Christmas money and for that, I will never use this company’s web page again. I think that for a 3 min mistake that is a large price to pay. The cooperation men Jeffery H Boyd President, chief executive officer, and Robert j Mylod chief financial office should be ashamed that now for Christmas they can feed there family a meal and they took one away from this consumer. Shame on you all.

• Ra
    randya2 Feb 16, 2009

I was searching for a rental car for my son "who is in the US Navy" to come home on his last leave before going to Iraq. I wanted a car from Slidel, LA. Pick up on Monday and return the following Monday. I entered that I wanted the car within 2 miles of Slidel, LA. The next thing I see is my offer was accepted for $35.00 per day...Where though? Not even close to Slidel, LA.

They had me a car in downtown New Orleans 100 miles away. I emailed them and said that won't work and that I needed the car closer or I want to cancel. They emailed me back and said they would not cancel and apologized if I didn't like what they found, but they would not give me a refund. So I tryed to call their customer support, and of course this was a recording that didn't work. Also their prices are insane! Below is the charges, and they don't bother telling how much these charges are. You are just expected to pay them.

Summary of Charges

Billing Name: Randy Andrews
    Credit Card: Visa xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-3413
    Your Offer Price: $35.00 (per day)
    Total Rental Days: 6 days
    Subtotal: $210.00
    Taxes and Fees: $114.33
    Total Charges: $324.33

The emails from their support just got worse and worse.
    I finally just called my bank who agreed with my complaint, and simply reversed charges on my credit card.

I would not suggest this company to my worst enemy!

Randy Andrews

• Ci
    Cindy Mar 03, 2009

Beware of 'pushing the button' as William Shatter so eloquently states in the TV commercial for PRICELINE.COM. If you change any detail in the hotel agreement PRICELINE will charge you a one night's stay and $25.00 fee for this change.

I recently booked at PRICELINE.COM and then went through a whole circle of emotions and a one hour on the phone with PRICELINE.COM. I was trying to book a hotel in downtown Providence. I wanted to surprise a relative with a birthday present, you see he is slightly handicapped and cannot walk great distances, so being in the downtown area was my greatest concern. Within seconds of the acceptance of my $85.00/night stay at the Providence Marriot, I called the Marriot to see just how far a walk it was to the 'downtown Providence Place Mall. The Marriot claimed it to be a 22 minute walk, which is far greater than I bargined.

Upon calling back PRICELINE.COM I discoveraged new ways to tote the 'company line' without any concern for the consumer. After on hold for 10 minutes a customer service agent spoke. She kept repeating the same line, 'you booked within our 'downtown zone' and the Marriot is within that zone. How far a walk to the mall is not our concern, it is in the 'downtown zone'. We can cancel your reservation, but will have to charge your credit card. After various ways of explaining that my guest cannot walk that far to enjoy the Providence downtown, I would get the same response. She could care less about anything I had to say, only spouting the company motto of you pushed the button and should have read the guidelines. She is certainly correct, but who reads the legal fine print; especially if you are not a lawyer. My call was literally 3 minutes after I booked the room on PRICELINE.COM.

Finally she agreed (with great urging) to pass me through to the 'Customer Relations Department'. After this conversation and wait, I have concluded that there is no relations department to speak of. They stated the same things, unwilling to refund a portion of the money or to cancel the reservation or to help me find a hotel room closer to the downtown area. The priceline maps and zones need to be paid close attention (as does the fine print) if you book through PRICELINE.COM Once you 'press the button' on PRICELINE.COM you are committed without change... you are done!! Changes or questions: will not be discussed without a charge. Curious enough, I even informed PRICELINE.COM that the hotels website (Marriot) boosted of a spa and in fact the spa knew nothing about any arrangement with the Marriot and they were a 30 minute walk from the hotel. The Marriot has no spa. This did not matter to PRICELINE.COM because I had already 'press-the-button'.

NO MATTER!

Once you press that button you are done...As far as waging any customer service complaint you can only do that through email. They will not give you a manager to speak on the telephone. There is no thought process here, just HOLD THE COMPANY LINE AND SAY NO...

LET THE BUYER BEWARE...

• Ti
    Timoty May 04, 2009

I recently wanted to book a flight to Boston from Detroit. I tried several times and all failed. Then I don't know how or why but I checked my credit card and there was a debit from Priceline. But every time I checked say said no. I ended up with a trip from Detroit to Boston... how that happened I have no idea, considering I live in Detroit and wanted to go to Boston. I am super angry and can't wait to talk to someone first thing monday morning!

joey221 Jun 09, 2009

Next time do your research! You did agree/sign to the charge once you hit that button! Priceline makes it clear that you are paying for what you requested if you hit that button- it is a contract! Everyone knows how priceline works! Eveeyone knows if you need non-smoking or first floor or any special things, you don't use priceline! How ignorant, and now you complain.

Vonore666 Jul 01, 2009

I booked a 4 star hotel that was accepted and ended up with maybe 2 star - the Westin Las Vegas. I pleaded with Priceline weeks before and no answer except person that could barely speak english telling me that it is was a four star hotel. I sent 2 FexEx letter to the VP of Hotels and President, pleading to change since I booked three rooms for myself and 2 friends. The hotel was a dump with dog pee all over the place, noisy, and smelly. Avoid "name your own price" at all costs. Horrible customer service and they could care less if they lose a customer for life.

• Dl
    dlakers Jul 10, 2009

It is 4 star. Your problem is with the cleaning of the hotel not the number of stars.

Chris Jul 30, 2009

I booked a hotel thru priceline.com. In the description it states there is a private beach.That is one of the features I wanted. After my bid was accepted, I contacted the hotel directly
    requesting a room close to the beach. That is when I was told that Priceline.com customers are placed on the opposite side of the resort and MAY NOT use the private beach.We need to drive o another beach.I asked for a refund. After unsuccsfully complaining, it was suggested I contact priceline.com directly. I called them and even though the beach is listed on the resrt, which I could not use, they informed me I was not entitled to a refund or upgrade.If an anmenity is listed for the hotel, I woulthink that ALL guests ave access for it, otherwise, why would it be listed?I will NEVER use prceline.com again. I will continue to complai about this until I get results.

• Ti
    Tim Lloyd Aug 14, 2009

I used Priceline.com to help acquire a hotel room for a 3 day stay in Niagara Falls for our family vacation. We obtained a 3 star room at what we were led to believe was a greatly reduced rate.

Upon arriving home and checking our credit card activity, we saw that for the 3 day stay, we actually paid $67 more than what we would have paid without using Priceline.com. On top of that, we could have used our AAA card and realized an even greater savings.

When we called Priceline to inquire about getting a refund for the difference, we were basically told we should have read the small print; too bad, so sad.

Needless to say, we will never use Priceline.com again and want to alert others to what we believe to be a fraudalent business.

• Ne
    NeverOrbitzAgain Aug 14, 2009

We experienced the same with Travelocity in San Francisco. We booked through them and when we checked out we didn't realize that the hotel also charged us, just about $60 less for three days, so Travelocity charged an extra 20%. When I called them for a refund they agreed to refund the charge by the hotel, not their own higher charge.

Somebody on a blog mentioned that contacting the credit card company might work to get the difference, might be worth trying.

• Ni
    nicelegal Nov 23, 2009

Today I booked round-trip seats on priceline.com. 1st time I tried them. What a nightmare! Customer service is located in asia!! No supervisors, no address for complaints, responsibility with no authority! It was a nightmare. I booked a flight and their computer kicked me out!! The ticket went through without allowing me to click the box for insurance. I immediately telephone and was told nothing could be done except to cancel my flight!! This, after working on the reservation the entire day. I could I am now stuck with a car reservation with no flight!! Nothing can be done!! I travel the world and will never, ever use them again!! I will warn anyone I know attempting to use their service. I am also writing the sec, ftc attorney general and the bbb!! This should not happen to anyone - especially at holiday time! Don't dare try to phone!! You'll only get a recording! I can't believe they are allowed to do business this way in the us!!

Marcus (In asia) at priceline stated that the refund would be given within 24 hours, however, their recording states 10 business days!! I was told by american airlines that all I had to do was phone the directly and could have bought the insurance!! Why would priceline not tell me this??? Because they don't care!!! On top of that, all I need to do is find the flights on priceline, then go to the airline's website and buy the tix for the same price!!!

• Ba
    Baicio55 Jan 07, 2010

I was recently part of 9-11 Memorial Motorcycle ride and had booked one of my rooms on Priceline because the hotel where the rest of my group was staying was booked. However when I arrived in NYC - I was told a few guys had doubles with no roomate so I promptly called the hotel (Homestead Suites) and cancelled my reservation. They said "No problem Mr. "Name withheld" we'll talke care of that for you" And that was that.

When I returned and found I had not been refunded, I called Priceline. They said I needed the name of he person spoke to and the department. I said I didn't have that because it was not given to me. They said -you need to call the hotel and get confirmation that you cancelled. I did that, the hotel said they would have no way of knowing whether or not I cancelled. All they know is that I did not check in.

Priceline is keeping my money and the hotel is playing along with them so they get to keep theirs - even though I cancelled and did not stay there I am being charged $189.99.

I plan to take it to small claims court. I am steaminng mad at both organizations.

• Ba
    Bavle Jan 08, 2010

I put in a bid for a rental car with an incorrect date. The bid was accepted with the error. I contacted PRICELINE.COM within minutes of getting the confirmation. I was told that to make the correction there would be a charge of more than $60. So much for trying to save a few $$$. So much for customer service.

PRICELINE.COM is a RIP-OFF - BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ju
    Juste Jan 18, 2010

I had requested a specific itinerary on priceline.com using the required "name your own price" 3-step method. Only after the message, "Congratulations! Your price was accepted!" appeared did I find out that I'd be flying into NYC-JFK at 11:30PM on a Friday night and leaving on Sunday at 6:00AM (no time for business or leisure). Contacted Priceline Customer Service (out of somewhere, Bangladesh) to be told "no cancellations nor changes allowed." Airline (United) told me they had no authorization to change or cancel the tickets I had purchased through Priceline. Googled corporate executives, Priceline & intend to send a letter to V.P. Customer Service (if one exists). Beware - Priceline is a publicly traded company with an arsenal of corporate attorneys who have carefully worded Priceline's "Terms &Conditions". The company is safeguarded from any responsibility or liability; the customer loses should there be any error or dissatisfaction with a reservation made through them.

Shiffty Jan 25, 2010

Gloew Jan 26, 2010

After placing an offer on the Hotel in Cancun, I was charged for a hotel that does not accept kids; When contacting customer service I was told they can not do anything as the purchase is not changeable. This despite my stay being 4 weeks away. Customer service did not even offer to help in solving the situation. Terrible. Ripoff. Stay away!

• El
    elegantartwork Feb 25, 2010

I made flight arrangements and checked the box for bid. Once the bid was accepted, it charged my debit card and switched the times for my departure. The new flight had me arriving at 7:34 pm on 3/8 and departing at 6:25am 3/9! What kind of foolishness is this! I called them immediately and they agreed to cancel if I rebooked with them...foolishly I did. They (without my permission) charged my card an ADDT $100 and then an ADDTL $30. They refunded $100 and claim that my bank is "holding" the rest of the money. I called my bank (who have no knowledge of "holding" money. I have complained to FBI (Fraudulent Charges), Clarke Howard (No HELP AT ALL)...Will try the BBB and write a searing letter to Frontier Airlines for ALLOWING a disreputable company to represent them!

• Tu
    tubepipe Feb 28, 2010

Below is a copy of an e-mail message I tried to send to Priceline regarding their customer service...which of course that was not an easy task. I tried over 10 times just to get this e-mail thru their standard customer service portal...wow! Note: I travel for a living so you can take my complaint as a pretty reliable source. I don't expect too much but I do prefer decent customer service and support to terrible cold and inflexible "service"??

Hello,
    I have been a faithful user of your services for the past year or more, however, our biz relationship has now ended. I will be using Expedia or another online service from now on. Your online and telephone support service was absolutely terrible, non-flexible, extremely time consuming and frustrating. I actually had to control the flow of of tasks leading up to a 2 hour ordeal which gave me the flight, hotel and rental car package I was trying to purchase. I was never given an appology and had to repeateldy ask for the next higher-up to get closer to a resolution. By the way this was a problem which started with your online software...not thru my error or lack of knowledge on how to purchase an online product/service. I will definitely not utilize your service in the future. Poor job guys and you will no doubt have a drop in sales from other frequent travellers thru your lack of support and inflexible format. Good luck Priceline.

• Br
    Brante Mar 01, 2010

I was a recent first-time customer of Priceline. My recent atrocious experience in booking a hotel room in San Francisco and the subsequent interactions with Priceline’s inept, ineffective and “sorry-excuse” for a customer service team has ensure that I will never use Priceline’s service again. I have chosen to write this message to highlight my issues with Priceline and to warn potential travelers to stay away from Priceline.

My nightmare began when I decided to give Priceline a try based on a recommendation from a friend. I went to the Priceline website on Thursday night (5/21/09) and made a $100-per day bid for a room in 3-star hotel in San Francisco over Memorial Day weekend. Within a minute of submitting my bid, I received a message that my bid was accepted by the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway hotel in downtown San Francisco (by the Civic Center).

On the Saturday morning (5/23/2017) on my way into San Francisco, I decided to give Holiday Inn Golden Gateway a call to check on the hotel room configuration (twin sharing or king/queen size bed). I spoke to the hotel representative who informed that my Priceline confirmation number was invalid and that there were no more rooms available. Confused and worried but still confident that Priceline would be able to straighten this confusion, I called the Priceline customer support number. Spoke to customer reservation specialist named Crystal and she called Holiday Inn Golden Gateway to find out the problem. She got back to me, explaining that she did not know why my confirmed reservation was not valid. She also mentioned that the hotel was overbooked and that Priceline can only give me a refund. I told that this was NOT ACCEPTABLE. I had a CONFIRMED reservation (not a “tentative”, not a “maybe” but a “CONFIRMED” reservation). I told Crystal that I expected a call ba
    ck in an hour for a status update because I was on my way into San Francisco and I needed someone from Priceline to be on top of this.

At 12.15 pm, there was still no word from Crystal or any Priceline representative. I decided to call Priceline again. Spoke to another representative, Layla or Leila. I told her that I needed to talk to Crystal as she was helping me. Layla explained that there no way to transfer the call to Crystal and that she would help me instead. I had go through my issue with Layla again and had to wait while she contacted Holiday Inn Golden Gateway (which had already been done by Crystal). After 20-30 minutes on hold, Layla got back to me – giving me the same explanation as Crystal: Priceline does not know what happened to the confirmed reservation, the hotel was overbooked and Priceline can only provide a refund. Again – I explained my position: I am IN SAN FRANCISCO, I do not want a refund, I needed a hotel room. I told her that I do not really care where the fault lies but I am holding Priceline responsible because I received a confirmation number from Priceline. Layla said she w
    ould call me back.

Later in the afternoon, Layla called me back that she had tried contacting the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway’s “sister” hotels and can get me a room for $180. I was fine with that as long as Priceline pays the difference ($80). She told me that I needed to pay $180 for the room and that it was not Priceline’s policy to pay for difference in the hotel room charges (even if it was Priceline’s mistake in the first place). I drove the point home that my accepted bid was confirmed for $100 which was what I have been charged and was willing to pay. I also mentioned that this mistake was ultimately Priceline’s fault and since it was Priceline’s responsibility in providing the confirmation, Priceline would need to ensure that I get a 3-star hotel room for $100 (the bid that was accepted by Holiday Inn and confirmed by Priceline). Layla was adamant that there was nothing Priceline can and will do except provide a refund. I told her that I wanted to speak to her supervisor.

She refused – explaining that I would need to go to the Priceline website and escalate my complaints there. After a few choice words (in the heat of the moment), I accepted the refund under protest. There I was – stuck at the Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco at 6.30pm on Memorial Day weekend without a hotel room (despite having a Priceline confirmed reservation at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway).

I was very lucky to have some good friends in San Jose and drove 40 miles to bunk with them. I wonder what kind of MICKEY MOUSE operation is Priceline running? One that strands their customer in the middle of a foreign city, with a confirmed hotel reservation that is not even fit to be used as toilet paper and utilizing customer support resources from the Philippines who can’t even speak English well or slow enough for Priceline customers to understand (though they seemed very good at saying “Sorry”). Priceline and Holiday Inn were given a chance to go above and beyond to help a customer in need, a customer through no fault of his own was left in a lurch by Priceline and without a room by Holiday Inn BUT BOTH PRICELINE AND HOLIDAY INN FAILED MISERABLY.

I have been wondering if there has been some form of racial profiling from Priceline and Holiday Inn, especially with my Asian last name. How convenient that my confirmed reservation would mysteriously disappear or given away to another guest. I also found it convenient that a more expensive room ($180) would be made available to me while Priceline and Holiday Inn refuse to honor the $100 confirmed reservation. Perhaps the racial profile had Asians at a higher income bracket who could afford more expensive rooms. I sincerely hope not but I shall be looking more into this.

I have emailed the entire Priceline and IHG (parent company that owns Holiday Inn) management team. What I got as a response was another pathentic apology call from Paula (some executive communication resource). Stay clear of Priceline. Rubbish, useless, horrible are key words to decribe this pathetic company.

• Us
    Usman Mar 27, 2010

Priceline.com knowingly misrepresents hotel locations. Two times I made reservations through "Name Your Own Price", the 1st in Minneapolis was categorized as airport and actually was not; they DID cancel this reservation. The 2nd was Savannah, GA categorized as Historic District and is actually a golf resort ACROSS the river on an island. I checked the hotel website as well as contacted the hotel and BOTH the website and staff confirms the hotel is not in the historic district. I contacted Priceline by phone and the rep could do nothing but suggest I e-mail the executive offices. My e-mail was handled by Customer Exec. Bryan Barrick. Though I presented him with my substantiation he refused to offer an alternative property. He even refused to present my findings to any associate for a second opinion.

• Fr
    Frakovec Apr 06, 2010

Priceline is highly deceptive and very unfriendly. I carefully studied their tutorial -- selected a flight and car rental -- kept looking for the opportunity to submit a bid -- as I approached the end of the process I noted that I had 24 hours to cancel and receive a full refund. So I proceeded thinking that if I did not get the chance to submit a bid and ended up with a purchase I could cancel the order. I was not given the opportunity to submit a bid and ended up with a purchase.

I phoned Priceline to reverse the charges. They did so for the flight but refused on the car rental. I spoke with a supervisor who stone-walled me -- "we cannot reverse the car rental charge, but you got a discounted rate;" A LIE -- $48.17/day for a mid-size car versus $27 from Hotline.

I phoned American Express to dispute the charge. I was advised that Priceline played "hardball." The implication -- they receive many complaints, few of which are resolved in favor of the complainers. It would take 60 days to resolve the dispute -- I travel in 10 days. Pricelline is slow to post the charge and the dispute process cannot begin until it is posted. So I have been hosed -- but NEVER AGAIN PRICELINE!!

• Fe
    fed up with Priceline.com Apr 13, 2010

I booked a flight on priceline.com on 3 March 2017. On Easter Sunday my brother-in-law informed me that his flight had been changed so I looked and mine was also. Priceline knew about this and didnt inform me at all.The new flights would not work for me so I called the airlines and was told to contact priceline to make changes to my flights. The first person I talked to got rude with and wanted to charge me a fee to change when it wasnt me fault. So I asked for a supervisor and thats when he even got ruder and made me so mad I had to holler at him and he hungup on me. I called back and told the person who answered what had happened and I wanted a supervisor and she got someone on the line who was suppose to be one and wasnt. Someone called on my cell phone and said he was a supervisor and I asked the person on the other phone if they were a supervisor and they said no after they already told me they were. The person on the other phone did change my flight leaving with no problem but wouldnt change my return flight and kept telling to either take the flight that was already scheduled or change to a flight that left at 6:00 am. I told him neither one worked for me because the earlier flight I would still be out at sea and not at port yet and the later flight put me in at midnight and I needed to be home ealier to get my sons off to college. He kept telling me I had to take the earlier flight and I asked him how am I suppose to swim or are they going to pay for a helicopter from the ship. He immediatly wanted to refund my money instead of taking care of the problem. He told me that it would be 7 days to refund it. Today is the 13 of april and I still dont have it. They started this on 5 April and I heard on their phone that it would be 10 to 14 buisness days then was told by another priceline person that it could take up to 21 business days. This company is very unprofessional and it is all about them you dont even count hey have your money and dont care at all. Dont use priceline.com ever or you are looking for big problems!!!

• Pi
    Pianist66 Apr 13, 2010

I have booked a trip from Honolulu to New York using Priceline.com. My departure was for the 4th of September, flight #102 with a flight change in Dallas flight # 1874 and returning to Honolulu on the 21st of September, flight #1485 and the flight #5. On September 2nd I was hospitalized at the Queen Hospital in Honolulu for a kidney stone and had to have surgery to remove the stone. I had to stay in observation until the 4th with interdiction from my surgeon to travel.

My wife has contacted Priceline to inform them of my situation and ask if we could get reimbursed or at the least get a credit for a future trip, as we have a letter from my surgeon stating that I couldn't travel.. Priceline, of course refused to show any compassion for my situation and their answer was well too bad, but we have rules.

I am a veteran with Marriott, as Director of Operations, so I do know what is customer service, we too at Marriott have rules regarding cancellation but for some with circumstances we do bend the rules. I just wanted to bring to your attention what kind of service to expect from Priceline.com, hope that your readers be warned, that even dying Priceline will not reimburse them.

• Ve
    Vellirne Apr 19, 2010

I bought travel insurance for tix purchased on Priceline.com . My travel companion had a death in the family and we had to cut our trip short. Priceline refused to change my ticket home (though it is a covered event) and referred me to AIG Insurance to file a claim, who will then examine my claim and render a decision and appropriate refund within 4 to 6 weeks. Priceline then quoted me a fare of $6, 700+ for the flight home from DUB to LAX. I have the voicemail of this ridiculous extortion demand saved in my voicemail. I then simply had to empty my bank account by buying a new ticket home. My girlfriend who picked me up at LAX last night told me she's heard other tales of this regarding Priceline and their traveled insurance offered. AVOID! AVOID!

• Ve
    Vekren Apr 21, 2010

I bid on a Hotel stay in Park City, UT, Priceline accepted my bid and sent me a e-mail confirming which hotel I would be at and for what price but when checking into that Hotel I was told that I booked at a different Hotel. I showed the hotel the name of the Hotel that Priceline gave me and the confirmation number. The Hotel that Priceline sent the info to was a down graded Hotel then the one that I received a confirmation for. I called Priceline and the whole conversations was a lie in the making, the girl that spoke with me made it up as she went. Priceline never even tried to make it right.

I was lucky because the Resort that I went to was the Canyons they were more concerend about their customers then Priceline so they made it right.

I guess it goes to show you who is really interested in making good long lasting customers vs. a quick sale. I am only one person but soon Priceline will rip of a lot of "one persons" and people will stop using them.

• Es
    Esthman Apr 28, 2010

I specified a particular area of Boston that i needed 4 hotel rooms for a family party. I stated my bid and immediately got a confirmation back with my bid price HOWEVER the Hotel is NOT in the AREA that I specified which will now result in Cab rides from where we are going to be to the hotel. Priceline broke their end of the deal yet I have to recourse to get them to correct this? I WILL NEVER EVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN! This is BS. Now I am stuck with 4 hotel rooms miles away from the rest of the Party and no where to turn.

• Hu
    Huan May 31, 2010

I will never use Priceline again! I feel totally ripped off!I was researching hotel prices online for my brother. While trying to figure out how the whole process worked, I accidentally reserved a room. I called Priceline within seconds to explain to the error. They refused to help me. They were very rude. After talking a person who claimed to be the "highest person I could speak to" (David, Employee 825147) all he could offer me was a $10 coupon on their next service. Seriously? They charge me $200 for a hotel room I do not want (booked in error) and instead of assisting me in canceling the room they give me a stupid $10 coupon. What kind of company is this?

• So
    Sonofdre Jun 03, 2010

I booked a 5 star hotel room in Vegas using "Name your own price" for a trip with my sister. I ONLY selected 5 star hotels. I had never used Priceline before, but read the fine print that states that each room will be able to accomodate 2 people. I assumed that meant that the hotels Priceline would pick from would have rooms in the hotel with 2 beds. I was willing to take my chances based on that info. I thought there might be a chance that for some reason all the 2 bed rooms would be unavailable, but that didn't seem likely anyway. Turns out I've been booked in a hotel that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ROOMS WITH 2 BEDS!!! I will be getting a room with a bed and a pull out sofa. I didn't expect to be sleeping on a pull out sofa in a 5 star hotel!!! Priceline refused to do anything. I am very unhappy and will NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN!! Also it turns out that the price I was able to negotiate was only $10 night cheaper than if I booked the hotel directly.

• Li
    Livon Jun 09, 2010

Today, I went onto priceline.com to 'name your own price' in order to book 2 hotel rooms for 1 night at a 3 star hotel in west lafayette, in.

When I booked and my price was accepted, I received my confirmation only to find that the hotel was not in west lafayette, but instead it was outside of east lafayette - miles from where I needed to be.

I contacted customer service and was told that I could not cancel. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and was put through to the escalations department. Brenda did cancel my booking but charged me one night's cancellation fee! In other words out of a total booking of $120-68, I have been charged $60-34 despite the fact that the incorrect location of the hotel is the fault of their system. I did not book anywhere other than west lafayette. Why was I given a hotel outside of (East) lafayette?

I received a confirmation of the cancellation stating that I had inadvertently entered the incorrect information! I then called them again and was told that if I re-book, the cancellation fee would be refunded minus a $25 charge. I then re-booked for west lafayette again and, guess what, it re-booked me at the same hotel in east lafayette!!!

I then contacted jimmy in the escalations department who, after 30 minutes of having me hold on the phone, refused to refund the $60.34 despite me re-booking as per their email. He said that because I had booked at the same hotel in the same area, (???) I was not entitled to a refund. What bs. I asked him what other hotels priceline had anyhwere in lafayette and he could not give me that information. Which means that priceline does not have any hotels anywhere in lafayette other that the one booked for me. If I put in west lafayette and their system puts a person in a hotel outside of east lafayette how is this my fault??? Priceline has consistently lied and booked me the only hotel it has and then refused to refund me after saying that it will refund me. That is intentional fraud as far as im concerned.

Now, that means that twice I have tried to book in west lafayette and twice their system has put me in the same hotel in east lafayette. Twice I have had the misfortune to have to call pricelinecustomer service department and twice I have been lied to by them.

I now have no option but to stay in the wrong hotel miles from where I have to be. Their system might as well have booked me in la or washington dc for all its worth.

I am extremely disgusted by the fact that I have been charged for their errors again and again. If this is the only hotel they have that covers the entire city of lafayette, then this should be made clear at the outset. This is not what I expected from priceline. I have wasted almost 2 hours over a single booking for 1 night. Rest assured, I shall not be using priceline ever again.

I shall now also take this up as a dispute with my credit card company. I have printed the screenshot of my original request and of my second booking and I shall produce this as evidence that I requested a hotel in west lafayette.

I know that these days most companies pay only lip-service to customer service but priceline takes the biscuit for its lies and cheating attitude that gets people to book and re-book whilst it rakes in the cancellation fees - that's if you can get a partial cancealltaion refund in the first place.

Bottom line - dont book with priceline as they're liars.

Of course they have to make money somehow - they've got to pay 'the negotiator' his $600million

You wont get a refund even if its their fault.

And dont believe them when they say to re-book as it's a lie.

• Li
    Lilkitten Jun 09, 2010

Stealth Pilot is exactly right. This sounds more like you didn't read the web site carefully and just assumed something and that's when 90% or more of all mistakes are made.

Chuppore Jun 16, 2010

My experience with Priceline was a disaster to say the least. I see their commercials and decided to try them out for once and of course they were the biggest mistake ever!! My flight was changed and instead of Priceline calling to notify me of this they said they sent an email which I never recieved. I ended up missing flight and having to stay an extra night waiting on a back up flight. Their customer service wanted to blame the airlines of course but we booked through Priceline and they should of called us with info since Midwest would of notified them not us directly of the change. Priceline is only out for themselves and once they get your money then dont expect any customer service thereafter.

Jose A. Tuero Jun 22, 2010

Booked two night is Orlando FL for June 25 - June 27.
    My wife's uncle in Kentucky passed away from a brain hemorhage.
    Call priceline and in order to cancel and get a refund, they want the name and number of the funeral home in Kentucky.
    THAT'S JUST DISGUSTING. I'm going to see if any of my friends or family not involved with this funeral can take our place.

Nowmane Jun 22, 2010

Bidding a hotel on Priceline.com was the worse experience for me. I bid a hotel around las vegas area, and before I placed a bid, I did the research first.I searched for what 4 star hotels they have and what price range, since you will not want to make an offer which is higher than the original price. Otherwise, what's the point to bid? will you want to pay more than the original price?I made an offered for $140, which was about the half price of the 4 star hotel around the strip.But turned out it gave me a lower level hotel "green valeey ranch" which was not never shown in their hotel list and even not searchable in the entire website.

I checked the price for "green valley ranch" in Orbitz. it only cost 90 dollars a night.Was it deceiving?If you try to bid 1 out of 10 apples which original cost 200~500, and you make an offer 150.Can you accept that they give you an 100 dollars orange instead? We called the customer survice many times, but they kept shifting off their responsibility.They kept saying that they don't have the "option" to cancel the reservation. they kept saying that they don't have the "option" to let us talk to the supervisor. One of them even hang up on us. What a company.

Jeff12345 Aug 14, 2010

I was a new user of priceline and will never again use them. The short story is that I purchased a prepaid hotel room for 7 nights at howard johnsons. When I arrived, my room had been sold out-from-under-me despite assurances from priceline that the room was guaranteed for late arrival. I slept in the car since everything else was sold out. I stayed at the hotel for the remaining 6 nights but howard johnsons refused to refund the first night’s room rate saying since I paid priceline, I had to get the refund from priceline. Likewise, priceline refused to refund the first nights room cost saying it was up to howard johnsons whether or not I would get a refund. I read all the contract fine print and priceline should have stood behind the refund, not passed the blame to howard johnsons. Priceline customer service was a joke. Got the run a round. Ignorant and ill-informed representatives.in the end, ignore priceline. It’s not worth the terrible hassle and worse customer treatment. Pass on howard johnsons too.

Vonore666 Sep 06, 2010

Never use name your own price for hotels in Vegas. They lie about the location, and star rating. We ended up at the Westin. A true "dog" hotel that allows any type of pets. If you like dog urine in the halls, smoke filled rooms then use Priceline. Customer Service is a group of idiots in India with the only authority to give you a $5.00 voucher for a future purchase.

• Jc
    JCharron Sep 16, 2010

I booked 4 flights to Alaska from Minn. I had put in the wrong middle name for one of my passengers, I got the middle name from her 84 year old mother who was also flying with me. I tried to get the middle named changed but everyone I talked to said they could not do it. So of course they said I had to cancle her ticket and re-book!!! Of course that didn't work, for over & $900.00 I might be able to get her on a flight by herself and she had only flown once before and with other people. Needless to say She is not going to Alaska with the rest of her family for her Brothers wedding. I hope my credit card gets straightened out as I did cancle her ticket!!!

Shaun.A Nov 14, 2010

I used it in Vegas and got the Stratosphere for $35 a night. I can't complaint with that!

Shaun.A Nov 14, 2010

Check your flight before you leave for the airport, then this won't happen again!

Glacier Group Ltd Jan 01, 2011

I too got the blown off by Priceline, I was a strong supporter of Priceline for the last 8 years until now. I spent over $400 for tickets for Disneyland Park in Anahiem and was sent a voucher to use. It states right on the voucher word for word" Voucher may be redeemed for the Disneyland Parks. Voucher will be required for redemption. The Guest Services told me they dont have any info on their system regarding my tickets for admission to the park. They check a total of six times and nothing, even the manager tryed and still nothing.

So I have to turn to my 7 year old son and tell him we flew over 3000 miles to Disneyland and cant go in the gate because our "Priceline Voucher " is not valid . All priceline can say is we can get back to you in 7days with a answer to why the voucher is not valid. Luckly I am a parent who has the financil means to dish out another $460 dollars to enter the park, but what about the families who don't have this fianancial mean, could you imagine. Shame on you Priceline!!!

So they get back to me 5 days later and blow me off saying I purchased tickets through them (Priceline) that are non-refundable and its my problem not theirs. Is it me or am I in the wrong, you got to be kidding me Priceline. Believe me the fight is not over, you have picked the wrong family to blow off and STEAL my 7 year old sons money, are you kidding me!!!

• Jf
    J. faciane Jan 22, 2011

I am a first time priceline.com user, book a flight and hotel package deal.. On 1.20.2017... And imminently after booking and printing out itinerary notice the hotel was incorrect, they will not change the hotel.. I was trying to cancel the whole package, just the hotel which out of the way, from were the rest of my party will be.. They refused.. And I am very un happy with the service I paid 380.00 dollars for nothing and not happy w/ service w/ priceline will never ever book through them again.. And the flight they put me on requires me to pay 20 for a baggage carry on per flight

• Am
    AmberDux Jan 22, 2011

This is exactly why I don't use third party travel sites. It is just like buying a super saver flight package. Yes, it is very cheap, but if anything changes or goes wrong, you are out your money. I hate to say it, but your complaints will go unanswered with Priceline.com. Yes, you get an awesome deal if everything works out. However, and this is in their terms and conditions, once you have confirmed everything, nothing can be changed or canceled.

• Mu
    Muerto Mar 15, 2011

I was trying to purchase 6 tickets to Hawaii for my sister and her family and I ended up being charged $4, 507.50.

I did not even get a chance to see what I was getting her into before it was tooooo late.

Now my sister and I are battling with each other as well as Priceline and MBNA. After I received a response from Priceline via e-mail informing me they would not reverse the charge to my MasterCard, I told them that I would tell my family and friends about their deceiving website.

I have since filed a formal complaint with both the Attorney General's office and the BBB in the State of Connecticut.

• Pu
    Puzirre Mar 15, 2011

Priceline.com purports to have low airline prices. In the past they have produced lower fares when I used them, so this time I went straight to their site before cross-checking with airline companies.

Five minutes after I bought my tickets I discovered that Priceline charged me more than DOUBLE the same-time, same-hour fee Alaska Air offered roundtrip (nonstop at noon at that, versus layover in LA and 6 am departure) from San Francisco to Palm Springs, CA.

Priceline advertises low fares but charges double or more!

I called Priceline on the phone and was told that "they check ALL major airlines before presenting customers an offer."

Not true! Had they checked Alaska Air ($108 RT versus Priceline's $271 RT) it would've come up, right?

I went ahead and bought the Alaska Air tickets and am fighting Priceline now for false advertising.

Do not trust Priceline's prices!

• Na
    Navane Mar 30, 2011

I booked my hotel with priceline after comparing the prices of the hotels listed prices with other sites. After my stay, the amount on the bill at the hotel checkout was $86. Priceline had charged me $106 for the room. I contacted customer service, asking that they refund me twenty dollars. I provided the hotel bill and they told me they would do nothing for me. Never again will I use this site. What a waste of money and terrible customer service!!

Malshene Apr 18, 2011

Booked a "3 star" hotel in London through Priceline.com. After my bid was accepted I checked out the hotel which sounded very nice. We arrived in London, very tired and loaded with baggage. Our "3 star" hotel was virtually in a slum and was a filthy little place not close to shops, attractions or restaurants as advertised. Even the local police department suggested we not go out at night. Obviously we couldn't stay and found another hotel. Like idiots we thought when we got back to the States that Priceline would give us a partial refund. What a joke! They stick by their rating system and won't even discuss a refund. I'm totally disgusted with them and my economical little vacation cost me as much as it would have if I had stayed in a luxury hotel.

CR Anderson Apr 28, 2011

I needed to make a quick trip to Yuma, AZ, and went to the Priceline.com site to make a reservation for a room. In the reservation, I specified that I am handicapped and as such had to have a ground floor room. They took my reservation with this stitulation, but when I got to the motel, the first thing I was told was that there were no ground floor rooms available and no elevator to the second floor. The desk clerk was friendly, appologizing, and said he'd gladly cancel the reservation, but that I'd have to also cancel with Priceline.com. I went to another motel, but when I called Priceline, I was told that I'd still have to pay, as they do no guarantee any reservation will meet specified requests. In other words, you can order a two bedroom suite and have no way to get a refund if you get there and have a single bed, one room reservation. Once Priceline has your money, you have no right to a refund, as they have their disclaimer hidden, which says you take what they give you, with no recourse.

Will I ever use Priceline again? NO WAY. Will I spread the word to as many people as possible in order to save them from being ripped off? YES, I WILL.

Bottom line... use Priceline and you will get screwed.

CR Anderson Apr 28, 2011

I'm sure it is, but Priceline has the same answer to every inquiry I or my credit card holder makes... "Priceline makes no guarantees as to providing what the customer requests."

CR Anderson Apr 28, 2011

My point of view... If I go to a Chevrolet dealer and order a new red Corvette convertible, and when the car comes in it's a white Corvette roadster, my complaint is with the dealer, and the dealer is the one responsible for correcting the mistake from the factory. The same applies here. Priceline took my money knowing what I needed. Priceline did NOT supply what I told them I wanted. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, Priceline is the one who needs to go back to the motel and resolove the issue. The motel in question did the right thing and canceled the reservation. It's Priceline that refuses to stand behind the original request made during the reservation process. They can hide behind whatever shroud of compliance they wish to create, but it comes down to one thing, I told them what I needed, they took my money and then didn't deliver.

CR Anderson Apr 28, 2011

It's obvious that you represent Priceline in some shape, form, or manner, and are doing whatever you can to justify their actions. It comes down to this one thing; the motel doesn't have my money, Priceline does, so how can the motel repay something that they never got. Priceline kept my money and since the reservation was canceled by the motel, they have nothing from Priceline that they can give me.

Do me a favor and keep your company biased replies to yourself. I know you need to justify your paycheck, but there is no way you'll convince me that Priceline is doing the right thing. Go do your public relations mending somewhere else.

• Ne
    ~newlywed May 19, 2011

We booked our honeymoon thru priceline.com in Feb 2017, for May 2017. Everything went smoothly until it was time to catch our flight home. We arrive at the airport & proceeded to do the "quick checkin" at the airline, however we were "rejected" and had to go inside to speak to an airline associate. The airline found our names, but did not have us paired with any specific flight. We provided the airline a copy of the priceline itinerary, and the airline agent stated "we dont' have any such flight 102". We immediately called Priceline, and they still had us on this non-exsistant 102 flight. After the airline & priceline spoke to each other, on my cell phone, Priceline discovered they had the wrong flight, to the wrong city. The only thing priceline offered to do was to put us on the same city destination, thru the same airline, for a flight 12 hours later!! My husband became very upset & insisted they find us an earlier flight, even thru another airline, and they refused. After being transfered to several managers, Priceline only offered us $150 refund, when we had to spend $600 thru another airline to get home!!

• Ha
    has2beme May 19, 2011

Priceline.com- Scams People I booked a flight and shuttle service to get to my hotel when the flight got there. Priceline screwed up the shuttle and it was taking me in the wrong direction it was taking me to Long Beach Harbor Hotels instead of the Disneyland Grand Californian that I picked. They said oh it was not our fault you choose the one you want and you chose wrong. I said no I made sure it said Disneyland Hotels before I clicked on submit. They proceeded to tell me that their system does not do that it is never wrong and does not change things for people. I was fine with the customer service even though I had gotten the run around for over an hour with them until this point. When she said that to me I flew off the handle. I told them my husband is in the US Navy and protects you and this is the thanks we get that they were a scam and that I would make sure that it was well knows. All I wanted them to do was to fix the problem and they would not fix it. So I got scammed from them and they get to keep my money. DO NOT USE PRICELINE.COM SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Bo
    bodhi83 Jun 26, 2011

We booked a stay through Priceline for a one night stay in a standard king sized room at the New Orleans Sheraton the night of June 25th, 2017. We arrived to check in at the Sheraton and were told by the hotel that they could not accommodate us in the desired and paid for reservation. We declined a room asking for a refund. They told us to call priceline as they did not charge the credit card. We attempted to call Priceline and after three separate phone conversations were refused a refund, each time the Priceline rep insisted it was not their fault and they would not give a refund. Each time we talked to Priceline, we were lied to when their reps claimed that Sheraton had charged our credit card. We contacted our bank found out that Priceline was indeed the originator of the card and must file for the refund. We are currently disputing the charge. At the current time, we are out the money and had a tremendous amount of difficulty trying to get a refund.

I highly discourage anyone from using Priceline's service.

• Ka
    KarimH Jun 28, 2011

I recently booked a weekend hotel in New York City through Priceline.com

When I started the process, I specifically selected 2 Adults (18+), 1 Child (2-17). Priceline gave me a bunch of options and after selecting one, I completed the process under the assumption that Priceline was accommodating my request of 2 Adults and 1 Child. When I called the hotel to confirm my booking, I was told that I now need to pay extra for the Child, as much as $75 more per night. Of course their contract states that the room can accommodate 2 Adults (18+) but makes no mention of the accommodation for the Child.

I find this incredibly misleading as my original request was to have a room that accommodated 2 adults and a child. Priceline has a no refund policy, and was unwilling to help me in any way. I even called up to their 'Customer Relations' department who wouldn't help me.

I learned my lesson to never deal with Priceline.com as they are a horribly company to do business with.

I suggest nobody ever deals with priceline.com

• Jd
    jddogguy Jun 29, 2011

i am more and more surprised to see all these complaints about Price Line. They have been around a LONG time. If they are such con artist and scammers. You would think they would have been shut down by now. I am not saying I don't believe all the post. Just surprised they are still in business with that sort of behavior.

Antonette Pascual Jul 05, 2011

Hi Sir/ Maddamme I desperately need your help/suggestion.
    My daughter was browsing the website of Priceline.com for hotel accomodation. After browsing so many choices of hotel she decided to make a reservaion but there is a section " Name Your Own Price" means an individual can make a bid, including the hotel rating and the location of hotel. My daughter made a bid $100, place the location on Daytonal Beach and the chosen rating 3.5 star. Then my daughter placed my initial on the box indicated and clicked on " Buy my Hotel Room " In minutes my daughter received a confirmation from Priceline that her offer was approved with Hilton Daytonal Beach / Ocean Walk Village and her request was upgraded to 4 star without a choice of her special request.
    My daughter phoned the Hotel to find out what is included in her reservation. She was given a King size bed, no parking on the site; she has to either self park for $10daily or Valet Parking for $17 daily. She told the hotel that it is not a suitable room due to the fact that my self, my husband and her other sibling is travelling with us and willing to downgrade the hotel rating to at least 3.5 or 3 star to accommodate our needs; two double /queen beds, kitchen/kitchenette, parking on site, non smoking. Hilton said know changes or cancellation based on their Terms of Condition of Priceline. The other choices of hotel even cost less than $100.
    My daughter phoned Priceline to make changes and was told the same with no success.
    Sir/Madamme, is there any way of helping me to make changes or possibly cancel my reservation with Priceline/Hilton Daytona Beach/ Ocean Walk Village.

• Priceline has no customer service!!! I was denied any refund recently. I had wanted to book a hotel, and as the first time priceline user, I chatted with the so called "agent" of theirs online while trying to make a reservation. I specifically told the agent the hotel I wanted to stay, and was given a link. I trusted the agent, and paid for the hotel without looking closely the location of the hotel since it is the right name, I did not second guess it. By the time I was ready to print the hotel confirmation, I noticed it was the wrong hotel. The agent was still online, and I told her/him that the hotel I was given was wrong. I was told I have to call the 1800 number to ask for help. Needless to say, I was not successful. So within 1 minute, I lost 300 dollars. I am still writing to them to appeal, so far no luck. No refund, and they are not at fault. This is rediculous. Company like this should not exist, and all of us to unite together to let the consumers know how bad this company treats customers. This is the first time, and also the last time ever I will use Priceline. Their behavior is worse than robbery. How can this be allowed!!! In this market, they treat customers like dirt, and yet the stock goes up? There is no justice. I wish for their demise, sooner or later they will be punished for taking away our hard-earned money in a matter of minutes with no shame.

nothard2please Aug 22, 2011

False advertising is what priceline.com is best at. http://productdiary.blogspot.com/2017/08/pricelinecom-is-scam.html

nothard2please Aug 22, 2011

My husband and I recently booked a hotel through priceline.com online. After we checked the proper hotel we clicked "OK" and it suddenly populated a totally different hotel. Chalking it up to a glitch in the system, my husband called priceline.com to get this corrected. To our utter amazement, they refused. We spoke with four different individuals who told us that this could not be reversed!! They refused to give us a refund or to even switch us to the proper hotel! I have read many other complaints online about them, too. The small discount you might get by going through priceline.com is definitely NOT worth it!! My husband had to take some time off of work to go to the bank and put a stop-payment on the charges before they came out which cost us $25 to do. He also got his debit card cancelled and ordered a new one since we don't trust them with our banking info.

We had been saving up for our 10th anniversary hotel stay for about a year and this was a big slap in the face. Thankfully, we took care of it through our bank in enough time to stop the fraudulent charges. It was priceline's fault, yet, they blamed us. My husband even took a screen-shot and emailed it to them to prove that he selected the proper hotel. They STILL wouldn't make it right!! Never again will we do business with them.

sara742ds Sep 02, 2011

Glione Oct 08, 2011

This site is fraudulent is so many ways. The listed prices are considerably higher than the hotels' websites list, but this is how they get you to use their "priceline negotiator"/name your own price tool. With this tool, you may be so fortunate to pay what the hotel is ACTUALLY charging! Wowee - what a bargain! And better yet - by using this service instead of reserving through the hotel directly, you pay up front and there are no refunds!!! yay!!! I don't know about you, but I LOVE getting TRICKED and the SCREWED by companies... especially if I give them even more money, under the GUISE OF INSURANCE, and then STILL am denied a cancellation and refund even though the reservation is 10 WEEKS AWAY! So glad I bought that "insurance"...

andye72 Nov 23, 2011

I booked a villa in Kissimmee, FL through Priceline.com and the advertised price was $119 a night. The company that owns this villa is GBL services in Orlando, FL. They charged me a $90 cleaning fee that is not shown on the website. I contacted both companies. GBL told me to contact Priceline. I contacted priceline and they essentially told me he could charge whatever he wanted to my credit card. I certainly would not have rented the villa had I known there was a cleaning fee almost as much as the one night price for the villa. In addition, we even cleaned up before we left. Beware of these companies.

Voigel Dec 06, 2011

I was palnning to visit few places in state, so I have booked my airtickets from airline, and parts of trip to RI were book through Priceline.com for two nights stay and a car they cost me total of about 400USD. In the next day after I done my booking, I received a request from my client and have to change my schedule and flight into OKC in those few days. So I change my flight and managed to call up Priceline for changing my hotel and car booking. They told me that is not possible, the booking were set for non changeable; non refundable. I did not realize this condition when I were enjoyed the low price from Online booking at their website. Now I have to loose 400USD for nothing, I trongly protest this company stop doing this kind of trick and refund all the money I have apaid for those bookings.

• Lo
    Looder Dec 08, 2011

My plans have changed to a week later 20September for a week and because I named my car rental price they will not allow refunds since it was a prepaid agreement. They now say I can not make changes because the agreement was no changes or refunds. It doesn't bother me to pay more I just don't want to be charged for something I can't use. I don't even want a refund I just want to be able to apply the cost to a new reservation for a week later and they wont allow that. No exceptions, even if I died or became ill- no exceptions. Life does not come with no exceptions and companies such as price line need to understand life changes and need to be flexible- I will never use Price line again and neither will anyone I know. So basically they have ripped me off and say I can do nothing about it. I have already been charged on my credit card $175.00 and because they can not make exceptions or be flexible I have to just except it. It's wrong and they know its wrong, they should not be allowed to rip people off.

Maura M Dec 27, 2011

I'm sorry to read about your experience. I had a very similar experience. There is no Priceline customer service to help resolve it either. They just said too bad. I tried to have my credit card (Visa) cancel it and they said they couldn't do anything. I feel so scammed. I'm so frustrated and will NEVER use Priceline or recommend it. Their business practices should be illegal.

• De
    Demberge Feb 28, 2012

I made my original booking to find out that the request failed. I was told by priceline that it was because I added a rental car to my package and sometimes that messes their system up. So I booked again, without the rental car and it still didn't go through. This time priceline blamed the hotel I chose, saying that the hotel still had rooms listed, but there weren't any rooms available. So, try number 3, I changed hotels and submitted the package to have it fail again. Priceline's reason this time - the airline had seats listed when there really weren't any seats available!!! Unbelievable!! And guess what, each attempted booking put a hold on my bank account for the price of the package! - Even more unbelievable!!! And to try to get it resolved quickly through priceline - what a joke. I'm not even sure how this company stays in business. I've written priceline an email detailing my situation 2 days ago and haven't heard anything in response. DON'T USE PRICELINE, UNLESS YOU HAVE LOTS OF MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE PUT ON HOLD!!

• Al
    Albaide Mar 19, 2012

My daughter was a victim of crime. She needed to feel safe so I booked her a flight with insurance so that we would be able to switch it around if she needed to stay longer. She was having a very difficult time so we were going to extend her stay. Priceline would NOT work with me to extend her stay. They showed no compassion & refused to change her flight at all. My daughter was in terrible shape & I felt like Priceline added to her stress & despair. I will never forget how Priceline took our money with the promise that we could switch flights if needed but then... Victimized my daughter again. I urge each & every traveller to avoid using Priceline. Terrible things can happen & if they happen when you are traveling... You need a company that will Help you in your time of need. I want to warn others so that they do not feel further victimized like we did. There is far too much competition to deal with a company that lacks customer service & compassion.

• Kr
    kristenaw22 May 03, 2012

Did you ever get your money refunded? I am currently going through this same (annoying) process.. :/ it would be nice to hear if everything (holds on your account for the price of the trip package) cleared...

• Tk
    tkdoff Jun 01, 2012

good thing you stopped payment and had a new card issued because they do keep your card on file and they will charge it without authorization, it happened to me and they will not refund it either so now I have my credit card company investigating it. I hope they go down. This should be illegal to do. My card was charge after only looking at hotels I never went through check out.

• Wa
    Warrior 452 Jun 20, 2012

I purchased airline tickets from priceline.com. They charged my credit card, but did not send me an e-mail with the ticket info. They sent me no ticket, nor any information. I attempted to contact them several times, but could not work my way through their automated system. The first time I got to talk to someone was after the flight, when I disputed the charge on my credit card. They said no refund because the flight had already taken place. I fought and fough and fought. The Better Business Bureau was absolutely no help. I will never again use some discount travel site, nor United Airlines since they were the airline that my supposed ticket was with. They said they can't do anything because it was a priceline ticket. If I ever meet a priceline employee, I'll get my money back the hard way.

• Fc
    FC III Jun 25, 2012

I had to cancel a trip at the last minute, was charged a penalty for canceling flights and understood that as part of the deal going into this. When I went to cancel the car rental Priceline penalized me 100% or 500.00 for canceling. No future credit - nothing. Ripped off and I will never use this site again in the future.Canceling a car rental reservation in not more complicated than a flight reservation cancellation. Had I gone direct to Alamo rental they would have allowed the cancellation with a $5.00.00 penalty. They don't see a dime from Priceline unless I pick the car up. So Priceline pockets 100% of my money. Why would anyone want to do business with this den of thieves and crooks. Very strong fake American accents when you call and speak with them. Good luck understanding them!! Their savings amounted to 9%, not enough to brag about but a 100% penalty on a car rental cancellation is certainly something to complain about. My advise to all of you for the future - Deal direct with airlines, hotels and car rental agencies. At least you will have recourse and probably the same price and you will be able to understand them when they speak.

• Co
    Comerse Jun 29, 2012

When I book hotels, airfare, etc, I always look at numerous sites at the exact same time to get the same price. Sop when booking a trip for my group of girlfriends and I to have a reunion trip in Ocean City, MD, Priceline was the cheapest by about $20 or more dollars. So I figured, well I will book on them. I normally ONLY book on Orbitz and Expedia because I always have a good experience. Well I should have gone with what I know. When the 4 of us showed up at the hotel, they charged us another $70 because there were more than 2 of us in the room. I guess this is a policy of Pricelines they advertise NO WHERE! Just that they are the "best" prices around. BS. I called to complain and all the customer service rep did was read me the policy over and over again. Real helpful. I will never book with them again. Ever.

• Re
    Reblack Jul 23, 2012

Priceline charged my account twice on one purchase. When I called to rectify it they were not willing to use my bank's required 'verbage' on a fax. I spent hours calling back and forth to my bank and Priceline. It was a waist of time. In the meantime, I don't have access to my money. When I asked Priceline to cancel the transaction altogether, I was told that I could not cancel or change it. Those ladies have heavy accents so it is obvious that they outsource their business. I am now starting to question, Why I let any bank take my money hostage? and, Why am I supporting a business that outsources jobs that could be helping Americans?

• Pl
    Pliema Jul 30, 2012

Book a "3 1/2 star" hotel through name your own price in Anaheim and was ripped off! paid $73 bucks a night for a 3 night stay and $50 bucks in taxes a total of $250 for a hotel that has no accommodations expect for a bed and four walls! and I find out I have to pay for parking during my stay.My husband and I are taking our kids to Disneyland on a budget and found 2 1/2 star hotels on my own near Disneyland that's for less with free breakfast, wifi and parking and shuttle. Priceline is a scam BIDDERS BEWARE! These clowns take advantage of people and are heartless! I don't know how they sleep at night! I'm still fighting for my refund. I'LL be damed if they're gonna keep my $250 bucks!

• Id
    Idocare Jul 30, 2012

You know, I would never book a hotel that I can't see. I always shop around on expedia to see who has rooms and then check the hotels website to see if the rates are the same. I usually do pretty good and get 3 and 4 star hotels.

• Bi
    Bicazze Sep 03, 2012

I wasn't a customer. I dropped out before purchasing because they have NO customer service at all. If you make a non-refundable purchase they have customer service for your order (they say).

The whole thing didn't feel right so I booked through Hotline. All the travel websites had the same price, and the only difference was in the total price based on the package you buy (some have cheaper car rentals, for example, but the airline tickets were the same price everywhere.

• As
    Assixe Sep 03, 2012

Looked up hotels - bid $80 for a 3 star - made sure under amenities for all 3.5 stars that parking was included. They said if I bid $14 more I could have a 3.5 star - said ok - got one - called the hotel to ask for 2 beds and found out there is a $16 a day parking fee!! I will never use them again -- they don't care - when I called I was basically told too bad - the contract says that I have to give a credit card when I check in for other charges. And they won't do anything about it.

WATCH OUT -- I have used these guys before - once we got to the hotel and were told there were no rooms - they moved us to another hotel!! SO disappointed - asked them at least to add "parking for a fee" to this hotel description and was told no - sometimes it is included!!!

Jeravan Isara Apr 03, 2014

I got almost the same problem, their price is way higher than other company.
    They charged my credit card right away a month before my trip.
    Try to call and cancelled the reservation, but they just don't want to do it, they said they need to investigate and will let me know after my trip end. Unbelievable !

scam charges

I was checking hotel prices on priceline and they charged my credit card without my consent or permission, using credit card information that they had stored from a transaction 6 months ago. I never logged into priceline, checked the 'initial' boxes, or hit any 'buy' button.

I only found out that I had been charged for a hotel room (on my wifes credit card which I didn't have) when I checked my email. Then two days later my wife was searching for a hotel on priceline (not knowing that we had already been charged for one) when the same thing happened again to her. Now we are being charged for two rooms on the same date at the same hotel that we never wanted to reserve! Neither time did we log into priceline, Neither time did we check any initial boxes, neither time did we hit any 'buy' button. .

My previous experiences with priceline have been good, so I am very disturbed at this fraud. My wife is crying and her 50th birthday is ruined!

We have reported our credit card as stolen, and we have reported this fraud to the police. Any suggestions for the Next step? I think that the FTC needs to shut down this fraud of a company. Anyone considering a class action suit please contact us.

scam and cheating

I was on Priceline.com to purchase tickets from PDX to BUR. I requested peak hours for travel and 1 connection. What I received was not anywhere near what I ordered. I received confirmation that I had tickets from PDX to SFO and from SFO to BUR leaving PDX at 5:50 pm and arriving at BUR at 9:47 pm. With a layover in SFO of approx. 1 1/2 hours. Return times were also supposed to be 1 connection from BUR to PDX leaving BUR at 6:55pm and arriving in SFO at 8:02 pm, leaving SFO and arriving in PDX at10:57 pm. Not hardly peak travel times or 1 connection flights. I immediately called Priceline and was told that what I got is what I am stuck with and I would have to pay for the tickets whether I used them or not. I called my credit card company and was told that I could dispute the charge but it might take up to 90 days to settle. In the meantime if I don't use the tickets and get a flight that is compatible with my needs I will be stuck for the price they have charged me. The credit card company also informed me that if the website says no refunds or changes that I will probably lose the dispute and lose the money. So begrudgingly I will use the tickets and recommend everyone that I send e-mail to or talk to not to ever use priceline.com.

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I mistakenly entered a transaction on the Priceline.com web site, I noticed my mistake called immediately to demand cancellation. I was told that there are no cancellations even though my transaction for flight request was still not fulfilled. I stayed online with a customer service supervisor for 25 minutes and during that time a flight I didn't want was automatically chosen and charged to my AMEX. I called AMEX who sympathized, but said they couldn't do anything until the next billing cycle (20 days from now). My flight is in 31 days... what can I do to fight for my rights. I've even asked if I can pay a cancellation fee, but was rejected.

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I requested airline tickets from Priceline.com. I wanted round-trip tickets from Minneapolis to Las Vegas for three adults. I requested NO connecting flights. Priceline found tickets for me at my price, but they had a stop-over in Phoenix! I called them within minutes of receiving my E-mail from them, and I was cut off while waiting for a "manager". I called them again, and talked to "Justin", who claimed he was the highest manager of the company. He would not listen to my complaint - he just quoted the fact that ALL Priceline.com's flights may have a connecting flight. He stated that it was on their web page. I do not doubt that it may have been, but it was not obvious. Justin would not listen to my argument, and then he hung up on me! I am working with my VISA company to see what I can do to cancel this charge. They have had other complaints against Priceline.

• Wt
    wterr20 Feb 19, 2009

I agree completely. Priceline is a scam!!!. Tell all of your friends not to use this service or they will lose their money. We can all hope that they will go out of business soon because they are stealing money from their patrons. Please do your research first and look at all of the complaints. They all can't just be jaded people? They are real complaints from people who have lost their hard earned money from these people by simply trying to plan a nice getaway or a business trip. AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM PRICLINE> DO NOT USE THEM!!! Dan From San Diego

• Ia
    iamcadence Jun 18, 2010

Did not receive the times I requested. The way the flights were set up allowed me to be with my dying grandfather for 24 hrs. instead of the 36 hrs. I needed. Ended up with a departure flight very late at night instead of the morning, and on my return received a very early flight instead of late evening. Got the same runaround from priceline, bank, and credit card co. I suppose there are those who get good deals from priceline, but I'm certainly not one of them and this is not the first time; however, it will certainly be the last. I learned my lesson this time.

money stealing company

I purchased tickets through Priceline.com. I did realize that to some degree there were no refunds but I didn't realize that you could not have changes made. I was checking on the status of my ticket through the airline carrier Delta to make sure all of my plans were as stated in my itinerary that Priceline.com sent me. Let me tell you, I was speechless when they told me that the reservations that I had made were canceled on Delta's computers. I spent several DAYS calling trying to get things taken care of. In the mean time, I needed the flight changed leaving from my destination a day sooner. The Customer Service Personnel told me that since I have had all of this trouble that when she figured out what had happened to my tickets being canceled that she would change my departure date to help make up for all of the trouble I went through. After I received no calls about anything dealing with the problems I was having, I called Priceline myself and found out that the tickets had been reinstated but the departure dates had not been changed as was agreed. I then called Delta airlines to make sure that it was reinstated and it wasn't. They had no record of a reinstatement. I tried getting a refund because I was tired of all of the hassle and even let them know I was turning them in to the Better Business Bureau and contacting my lawyer. Regardless of what I said, they did not care. They basically stole $250 from me and did not care. I believe that Priceline is the scam of century. I just can't believe they are legally stealing from people and nothing is being done about it.

Marti beaudion Jul 26, 2013

Priceline along with all the other companies who say they'll get you the lowest price possible so I booked my hotel reservations through Priceline.com. Let me tell you how pissed I was to find out that Priceline charged me $131.00 just to book me a hotel reservation with the Kona Bali Kai in Kailua Kona on the big island of Hawaii. When I got to the hotel I had to sing for the room and the paper work had the total price that the room costed for two days which was $191.00. I asked the hotel customer service agent if that was the total price of the room for the two days she said yes I then asked her why did it cost me $258.00 then. She said she didn't know that I would have to ask who ever I booked I through. I then got on my iPad and got the phone number to Priceline.com and called them. I asked the agent why did they charge me $258.00 when the room costs $191.00 for the two days the agent asked me how did I find out that the room really costed $191.00 for two nights she also asked if the hotel agent gave me a receipt or something showing me that total of $191.00 I told her that the total was on the agreement aperture I signed when I checked into the room. She then told me that she was going to tell me something that I wasn't sap post to know, that the hotel agent wasn't sap post to let me know their actual total that Priceline.com was the one who negotiated the deal and the $258.00 that I agreed to was between me and Priceline.com. It just pissed me off that Priceline.com didn't find me the lowest price possible because they added on $131.00 more than the actual price. I could probably see a $20.00 finder fee charge but not no $131.00 to find me the dammed cheaper hotel. Then the price line .com agent offered to comp me a $20.00 gift certificate toward me next Priceline.com booking. I just trip these
    crooks think after this ### that ill ever book ### through them again. I should've just call all the dammed hotels n the area p my self to find out which one was cheaper. Buyer beware Priceline.com doesn't get you the lowest prices they jack all the prices up along with their ridiculously high finder fee. And then tell you that that's the cheapest your going to get it. Everybody's a fricken crook now days the Internet it infested with thieves. Oh yah on top of all this the room they booked me only had one bed in it so three of us was crowded on the queen size mattress and one out of the four of us had to sleep on the floor. Priceline.com thieves ! Sincerely one angry terminally ill cancer patient!

overcharged

After many years of using priceline.com and bidding on hotels I have never been so upset. I have never had a problem till a couple days ago. They charged me twice for a reservation...after contacting them they told me I have to contact bank because they only have 1 charge in there system, I contacted my bank and they told me there is 2 charges and that priceline needs to fix it. I called them again and this time they told me that I have an authorization charge on my card that will be dropped within 48hours. Mind you I have never encountered this issue. It has been more than 3 days and the charge is still there! They are extremely unhelpful and all they could tell me is that they only have 1 charge in there system... I don't recommend this to anyone, its better that you spend the extra 40 for a hotel room that go through this headache. Now I am forced to contact an attorney...

online fraud

I purchased a tkt with the travel cancellation insurance to go see my grandmother who was ill in Europe. I had to anticipate the departure date as her condition was getting worse but priceline's difference in price for the new date was like purchasing a new ticket. So I bought a new ticket through another agent thinking I would get reimbursed for the first since I had travel insurance. My grandmother passed, and even though "death" was a valid enough reason for cancellation and they had the death certificate and everything, Priceline refused to reimburse because my grandmother was not an American citizen They told me I would have credit to use on a future flight by October 24th, but when the time came to rebook (October 13th) they told me my credit had expired in June. So, you're looking for a reliable agent, use somebody else unless you want to throw $850 away.

Jon Oct 23, 2008

I was absolutely screwed by Priceline. I was only checking to see what hotels were available in a certain area & the next thing I know I was given a reservation in an absolute dump of hotel. I did not pick it & never authorized them to do so. NEVER use Priceline.

hotel cancellation

Priceline refuses to refund money if you cancel your reservation and do ot collect the information they want about the cancellation call. You must have the name of the person you spoke to and the "department" they are in. They call and verifiy with the hotel. The fact that you did not stay there (which is all most hotels track - (check in or no check in) is not good enough. So in other words - the clerk you spoke to will have to remeber that she spoke top you - or you will need to remember their name. I even have a phone record that shows the time and date I called the hotel to cancel and several winesses!! But yet they both claim there was no cancellation call.

They owe me $189.99 for a room reservation I cancelled and did not use. They refuse to refund my money. In my opinion this is fraudulent. 1. They are charging for services they did not render while they (and the hotel) lie to keep your money. 2. Unless you can prove you called and cancelled they will asume you didn't call. Burden of proof is onyou. 3. They will conspire with the hotel to keep your money by making you call back and forth while one blames the other for the mistake, so that you can't even tell who you should be going after to get your money legally. 4. They registered and paid for my room under my name - using their address - without my permission.

Bottomline don't deal with Priceline or keep very good records and record your phone calls. I plan to take this to court if I must. $190 is a lot of money to me - not to them

• Su
    SUSIE Feb 07, 2009

I work for a hotel and get these complaints occasionally. The way this works: Third party companies, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, etc list hotels on their websites. You go into the site and choose a hotel to book it. Usually the lowest price for one person is on the front page and as you enter further it will show the extra person(s) charges along with any fees and taxes and a total. It clearly states before you book the room that there are some major restrictions to cancellations and changes. Once you book the room, the reservation is sent to the hotel and the hotel is given the third parties information, not yours. Only your name and preferred room type (never gtd...you could get one bed for 4 people) is sent to the hotel. Your address and credit card info is kept by the third party company. The hotel in turn bills either a credit card given to them by the third party company (not yours) or direct bills them. The hotel only gets a portion of the amount you are chargesd. The third party companies keep a portion and all service fees they may charge. It never does any good to contact the htoel to cancel or dispute because they are not the one that has charged you. The third party company is. Hotels in general would prefer not to use these companies but because so many people booking rooms use them, they have no choice or they would loose a lot of business.