Having problems with Priceline.com?

800 7742 3546 (International)
1800 123 3316 (Mexico)
+1 877 477 5807 (USA & Canada)
+44 207 136 8462 (United Kingdom)
+61 282 239 711 (Australia)
+64 99 200 062 (New Zealand)
+31 202 008 497 (Netherlands)
+82 234 837 211 (South Korea)
+1 800 774 2354 (Caribbean)
+1 888 751 9159 (Dominican Republic)
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Pricelinedo not take cdw insurance thru priceline

I recently booked/traveled with my to Mexico. We had rented a car through Priceline and I opted for th CDW insurance instead of thru Alamo. What a mistake!! Before hand, I read the fine print but I apparently missed the reimbursement via a claim form. So, when we got to Mexico, I was told by Alamo they did not accept the insurance and if I declined their insurance and anything was damaged on the car, I would have to pay out of pocket and then be reimbursed by the insurance company. Rather than risk having to pay for a totaled car (worst case scenario) or be locked up in Mexican jail, I took the coverage through Alamo, just to be safe. No issues or damage. Upon my return I contacted Priceline via email and phone. I was told to contact the insurance carrier to see why the coverage wasn't accepted by Alamo. I admit I should have read more, but it was a miracle to find the disclaimer on Priceline's website to begin with...I suggested they tell people up front that it is a reimbursement program. In many countries, you will have to pay for any damage yourself, including if you total a vehicle, to hopefully be reimbursed by the carrier. I for one will never again use Priceline. They were about as helpful as you know what on a bull!!!

Priceline.comreservation of hotel confirmed but not done

I'm very very disappointed for the entire service by priceline. Infact I must say I didnt receive service from you. I had book hotel in chicago and got the confirmation through email 1 month before but to my shock after reaching the hotel I get to know that I have no reservation after calling a customer service and waiting for more than an hour on phone still there is no confirmation from your end to the hotel. Priceline holds no regret inspite of not providing service. Pathetic service would recommend people not to use Priceline. I was waiting outside the hotel more than 3 hours.

Pricelinebad customer service

Shame on me for trying Priceline again..I booked hotel 3 years ago, It was horrible though listed as a Resort..it was under construction, not geared toward families, pool closed etc.. Used Priceline again without naming my price and got a very nice Hotel, though price wasn't great.. Decided to try it for Memorial Day weekend..Got the same crappy property from 3 years ago! Fine that part is my fault..the complaint I have us that when I called their robot customer service agents, I was transfered to their outsourced customer relations., the first girl cut me off and hung up on me.. I wasn't angry or rude at all..then when I called back, the second girl was ruder than the first.. They actually sent me a survey about my customer service experience, which I gave the lowest marks..BIG DEAL, this is simply their way of trying to placate me..they never followed up with me..I am disputing with my bank and will never use them again..it's such crap!!

• Pr
          Priceline Customer Jan 01, 2010

I reserved a car thru priceline for at DCA airport. The reservation confirmed with Hertz. When I arrived at Hertz, they told me that Priceline did not send all the information for the reservation so they could not print the contract. I call customer service who then connected me to customer relations who eventually hung up on me. I call again, spoke to customer service and customer relations again. After almost an hour of talking to different people, I spoke with Mary #5260277 who basically said that there is nothing she would do but cancel my reservation. I would need to find a car on my own. Appaerently this had been happening all day to Priceline customers. Mary told me that she would not anything for me and said that I was to find a car on my own and pay for it and Priceline would do not even thought it was there error and problem. After 1.5 hours I gave up. My experience was horrible. DO NOT USE PRICELINE THEY RIP CUSTOMER OFF.

• Se
          Sergo Jul 26, 2010

Priceline pre-authorized my debit card three times for what should have been one large purchase - this resulted in my bank account being overdrawn and having no access to any of my funds. I was told that I could not speak to a supervisor (they don't have any?) nor could I be transferred to someone else without giving out my bank information. I was told there was nothing that could be done to resolve the situation other than waiting up to 10 days for the funds to be released. When I called my bank, the only way they could release the funds was for Priceline to call them...which they told me they could not do (they needed my bank to call). I spoke to two different representatives (which required two separate phone calls) and was on hold for a total of around an hour (multiple times for a couple of minutes each), only to get no resolution whatsoever.

Priceline Ticketsfirst class tickets not honored

Beware of Priceline First Class tickets... apparently First Class tickets purchased through Priceline are not honored as truly First Class by the airlines in the advent of delays or rescheduling by the carrier. The carrier, in this case Delta Airlines, codes the tickets as a coach fare with multiple upgrades. If ( and when) there are scheduling issues on the part of the carrier the first class ticket designation devolves to a coach seat with a first class price.

Priceline/hotel Bidinferior room at high price

Be careful when bidding for a room! I wanted a hotel in Seattle airport area. I first check three star hotels and disccovered poor reviews for a couple (in the $90 range). The Red Lion especially had poor reviews.
          So, I bid $110, hoping this would avoid the low priced hotels and get me one with better rating.
          Guess what? I got Red Lion. Now I am stuck with a $110 rate, and I could have booked it on Priceline for $89.
          This just isn't right. I emailed Priceline and was told I would get response in 2 hours. That was three days ago.
          Very disappointed in this service by Priceline. I have used them for several years with good results, but it just isn't right to bid higher than the rack price and get stuck with an inferior property.

Priceline.com — unfair/illegal (?) business practices/trickory/entrapment tactics

HISTORY: On 3/25/2011, I started to search for flights from my area Greensboro, NC to the Tampa, Fl. area...

Priceline.comhorrible customer service

I purchased airline tickets and ground transportation vouchers from priceline.com. My first issue was that one of the passengers name was mispelled by 1 letter and they would not make any changes to the ticket info and directed me to the airline but the airline stated that priceline would have to make the change since the tickets were purchased through them. I can only hope there will not be any problems at the airport. The SECOND complaint is today is the date of travel and our flight was cancelled because of a problem at the airport. The airline was able to rebook our flight for tomorrow. I called priceline to change our ground transportation to tomorrow and AGAIN they would not make any changes to our voucher and directed us to the ground transportation who directed back to priceline to change the date on the voucher. No one would help and basically told us we were out of luck and out of the money. Priceline's customer service sucks and I will never use them again. Things happen in this world that we dont have any controll over like a cancelled flight and they dont care and will not make any changes unless you want to pay extra or repurchase what you already paid for. They are a ripoff!!

• Sh
                ShadowMatrix Feb 19, 2010

I just completed the worst travel company nightmare I've ever experienced. My roommate and I wanted to travel on her college spring break from Chicago to Orlando to visit my family and see the sites. I went to Priceline.com specifically because I'd heard of their bidding system on vacation packages. Their home page shows bids for motels and flights, but not vacation packages. On the package tab I entered the dates from 3/12/10-3/16/10 for two round-trip tickets, hotel, and rental car. It asked for my credit card information and I expected the bid page to come up after that screen. It never did. The next page confirmed that I was paying close to $900 dollars for a package I had wanted to place a bid on it.

Thinking I made a mistake, I called their customer service to cancel the full-price package and I could start over with the bidding process. They refused, stating that everything was non-refundable, non-changeable. I stated that I'd paid and extra $56 for trip insurance in case I had to cancel and they said I needed a valid illness with a doctor's excuse they could verify in order to cancel. After speaking to the corporate office I was told there still wasn't anything they could do, even though their website didn't allow me to place a bid.

Angry and upset, I finally found someone who would cancel both flights. I figured if they refused to cancel the motel or rental car, they weren't about to get my business for the flights. After all of this, I then had to call them back and get an updated itinerary because I never received an e-mail confirmation on the flight changes and seven days later my itinerary online still hadn't been updated to reflect the canceled flights.

To top it off, after receiving my updated itinerary I found out that their system had defaulted the pick-up time for the rental car at 5a.m. on the 13th...the day after my flight was supposed to arrive. When I explained that the package consisted of me entering in only the dates of the vacation and the website plugged in the relevant information in for the rental car and hotel, I should at least get the missing rental car day for free. Of course, they refused.

At the end of it all, it's caused financial problems and enough stress for both of us that my roommate has now backed out of the vacation, refusing to pay Priceline.com's prices when we started this whole ordeal simply wanting to place a bid to get a decent price. Since Priceline refuses to refund the hotel and rental car, I'm pretty much forced to go on this "vacation" alone. I will never, ever, ever deal with Priceline.com and I will make sure I tell friends, family, and anyone else I meet what a horrible experience I had with them. I've never met a company that was so anti-customer as I have with this one.

• Gl
                Glacier Group Ltd Jan 01, 2011

I too got the blown off by Priceline, I was a strong supporter of Priceline for the last 8 years until now. I spent over $400 for tickets for Disneyland Park in Anahiem and was sent a voucher to use. It states right on the voucher word for word" Voucher may be redeemed for the Disneyland Parks. Voucher will be required for redemption. The Guest Services told me they dont have any info on their system regarding my tickets for admission to the park. They check a total of six times and nothing, even the manager tryed and still nothing.

So I have to turn to my 7 year old son and tell him we flew over 3000 miles to Disneyland and cant go in the gate because our "Priceline Voucher " is not valid . All priceline can say is we can get back to you in 7days with a answer to why the voucher is not valid. Luckly I am a parent who has the financil means to dish out another $460 dollars to enter the park, but what about the families who don't have this fianancial mean, could you imagine. Shame on you Priceline!!!

So they get back to me 5 days later and blow me off saying I purchased tickets through them (Priceline) that are non-refundable and its my problem not theirs. Is it me or am I in the wrong, you got to be kidding me Priceline. Believe me the fight is not over, you have picked the wrong family to blow off and STEAL my 7 year old sons money, are you kidding me!!!

john Mar 26, 2011

Speaking of spelling...I thought it is cannot? Oh it does not matter does it Stealth?
                This is what matters:
                Cut and paste link below;
                My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!

John Wright
                piggybankblog.com

• Fr
                Frustrated x 10 Mar 30, 2011

We are dealing with the same issue - Our hotel has cancelled our reservation and has no more rooms... I have contacted customer service several times and have not received any help so far. Our hotel reservations are for Friday so I guess we will see what happens! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pricelinethis helps explain why priceline is cheaper than using travel agents for reservations

We purchased our tickets through Price line from LAX to Acapulco. The itinerary we chose (from what we were offered) was absolutely impossible for us to arrive from Acapulco to Mexico City on Azteca Airlines, pick up our luggage, run to the Continental Gate, check in our luggage and be shuttled out to the plane in time to catch the 2nd leg of our flight plan. Thus, we spent all night in the Mexico City Airport, having to keep an eye on our five bags, and worrying about how we were going to get back to L.A. the next day.

Priceline, being our Travel Agent, should not have offered a schedule that was impossible for us to meet. They should have known about our luggage not being sent through from one airline to another, the shuttle taking passengers out to the plane, and even the huge distance between the airline carriers.

We were not offered any food vouchers, much less a hotel voucher, or even an apology from Priceline, Continental, or Azteca. We were, though, charged an extra $100 a ticket for having to change our schedule for no fault of our own.

Yes, we chose that agenda. But we are the consumer. It isn’t our job to know about the Mexico City Airport and the different requirements of it. It is Priceline’s, through whom we put our trust, and gave our money.

Pricelinerefuses to refund a passenger with cancellation insurance

I am a hotel owner who witnessed several situations with Priceline refusing to refund a traveler after being forced to change their plans due to an emergency. These passengers had purchased a cancellation insurance policy from priceline.

I found Priceline particularly discriminant against travelers who do not speak English as a first language. I tried to help the traveler and they gave me the biggest run around. They refused to find me a department head to speak to. I talked to 8 different people from priceline and I eventually gave up. They are blatantly dishonest and non accommodating their clients.

This was not the first time but would be the last.

It appears that they forgot who made them successful. They make some tourists leave our beautiful country with a very bad taste about the way we do business. Their cancellation insurance is a fraud. They often try to get out of it.

If you can avoid using Priceline you would do yourself a favor

• Li
                    lila20111 Mar 08, 2011

UGG Boot ist both comfortable and warm.
                    It would help you show your beauty and in cold winter und keep you warm.
                    Online shop http://www.uggbootshop.de/

Pricelinenever received an email confirmation for my bid

I submitted a bid on Priceline. I checked the website which said the bid was accepted and gave me flight numbers and times.

I never received an e-mail confirmation.

The week I was to start my trip I called the airline to confirm. They had me on no flights. I called Priceline. They had no record of my bid being accepted.

They said only that it had not been confirmed. With Priceline the bidder is not supposed to confirm.

The ticket is bought the moment the bid is accepted according to Priceline's own warnings on their website.

I had to buy a high priced to keep my travel plans.

Priceline.com — priceline.com withholds information that if you knew would prevent you from dealing with the company

Priceline.com withholds information that if you knew would prevent you from dealing with the company. They...

Priceline Auto Name Your Price Rentalovercharge for rental car.

Named my own price of $8.00 and the company changed it to $15.00 a day. Issued a contract that I didn't ask for at $15.00 a day. Asked them to cancel incorrect contract and they refused and tried to charge my credit card co. I will not pickup and use a car from them

Ronald Frye

• Ro
                        Ronald D Frye Feb 15, 2011

How did you manage that? Ron

Pricelinewon't cancel during a weather emergency

So today there is a severe winter weather warning for New England and most of the US... can't even get the car out of the garage let alone make it to the train staion and into NYC. I booked a room with Priceline. The hotel was willing to change my reservation to another night, as long as I paid a bit more (okay, get it) but Priceline would not do it! It's a severe winter storm!!! I've NEVER cancelled a trip before and travel frequently!! Priceline had no room on thier list of policies for good customer service... they passed me back and forth... 3 times to Priceline, twice to the hotel who's hands were tied without verification that Priceline cancel the reservation. I may have just been played all afternoon by both parties.. Never again...

• It
                          itsgordie Feb 03, 2011

It's not their fault that there's bad weather. Why should they have to pay/work to change reservations for you?

Bad things happen. If everyone shares the burden, it works out fine. But if everyone blames it on a company or expects them to go out of their way/pay to change it for them then companies go out of business.

You pay Priceline prices, you get Priceline customer service. Simple as that.

Priceline.combeware of priceline.com vouchers no good!!!

• Pi
                            Pirated DVD's Feb 04, 2011

I just happened to come across this letter. I was aboubt to book reservations through Priceline but decided to check this site for complaints. I'm very glad I did. Hopefully your Provincetown experience was wonderful expeoience despite the aggreavtion you suffered at their hands. Just before moving here, I had a very similar experience with a moving company who first offered a reasonable quote, then doubled the price on the morning of my move. It only takes one time to learn a lesson. Again, thank you for reporting this company. In the future I will make my reservations directly with the individual hotel.

Pricelinecar rentals

fyi, another trick that priceline uses that folks should be aware of. I recently booked a rental car through them and specified that I wanted a mid-size car with an infant car seat for my 8 month old son. I was quoted a price and went with the lowest price car rental agency-Budget--through my priceline search.

Upon showing up at the rental car counter, I was told that the infant car seat was not included in the price (but was just a "requested option") and that it would be $16/day extra (for a total of $128 over an 8 day rental). I think that priceline is practicing blatant false advertising--I would never have booked the car through them if the incremental $128 had been included in the price I was quoted. Be careful--these guys are very deliberately deceptive.

Priceline.com — legal proceedings against priceline (consumer based and other)

I would advise all consumers to look at Priceline.com's current legal proceedings info per their 10K...

Priceline.comsteal your money

I booked a car rental on priceline for pickup on Nov 20th 2010. When I arrived at airport, no pick-up. After calling hotline a shuttle was sent to pick us up. I was told the computer was down, they would give me car, but needed me to write down my ssn#, birthdate, place of birth and current address. The gentleman handed me a note pad, and asked for my credit card and ID to copy. In the corner stood, what I assumed to be a lot attendant, who was shaking his head. I was told that a credit check was needed, and they could do it when, the computers came back up. It was midnight and I'm sure they wanted to go home. I expressed my concern with providing my identity, especially when a reservation had been made, and credit card information provided thru priceline. I called a cab, location was a old car lot, many miles from the airport, and went to several other rental companies, but no rental cars were available as this was Thanksgiving Holiday. This transaction was cancelled. 2 days later Priceline.com charges my card for $ 66.00. I have spent many hours to no avail, talking to priceline.com personnel. I have not received any Service, Product or Goodwill from Priceline.com, yet am charged $66.00. I have contacted the Rental Company who states that the charge is Priceline.com not theirs. Where is my money...HELP !!!

Pricelinebait & switch

I offered $20 a day for 14 days for a rental car. The price was accepted, but instead of $280 I was charged $454. I was expecting to pay something for taxes but never 60%. After a little digging I find out that they charged me extra for returning my car at a different airport even though when I made the offer I told them exactly where I was picking up and where I was returning. I called and they did nothing. Told me to read the fine print. It's a scam. Don't ever think that what you are agreeing to pay is what they are going to eventually charge on your credit card. Beware.

• Re
                                  Really? Dec 19, 2010

So funny...Another ### that doesn't read the terms and conditions of their purchase so now it's a "scam".

Pricelinehotel ripoff

My husband and I had been planning a trip to Las Vegas for a few weeks now. We already booked flights and were keeping an eye out for good hotel deals. We eventually decided to try the "name your own price" option on the priceline website. Keep in mind we had a pretty good idea of the prices that were out there and it was nearly time for us to decide and book a room. Enter priceline. We pretty much knew what kind of hotel we wanted to stay at. So in the " Name Your Own Price" we bid a higher price to try to avoid some of the cheaper, smaller, and frankly crappier hotels. We understood and agreed to the the non refundable - non exchangeable stipulation because we figured we knew the prices and we had nothing to lose but getting us a better deal. Our bid was accepted. But with one huge problem. The hotel priceline booked us was actually 30% cheaper if we hadn't used priceline's "Name Your Own Price" option at all. Their new slogan should be Raise Your Own Price. So in short the hotels that we were trying to opt out of by exceeding their prices is the exact hotel priceline stuck us into. At a nonrefundable/ exchangeable price. So I called priceline and they admitted that there had been an error on their end, due to their own prices being cheaper and their "Lowest Price Guarantee" promise. They proceeded to refund me the difference in price. The only problem now is that I am stuck at a hotel that i tried to avoid by over biding even their highest priced rooms. They were unwilling to even attempt to put me in a nicer more expensive hotel for even more money. So far I am waiting to hear from the dispute that i filed with my bank. Thanks priceline for trying to ruin my vacation!

• Va
                                    Vanessa Apr 07, 2009

Once my price was accepted at a hotel in Portland Oregon, I called them to request (2) double beds. They told me that there would be an additional charge of $25 per night and a 12% tax added to my bill. I called Priceline to complain about what had just occurred and the gentleman placed me on hold to verify what I was telling him. Within 5 minutes he was back on the line and informed me that it was indeed true and that was the hotel's policy and nothing could be done about it. He asked me if I read the policies of Priceline and said that I had one of two choices. The first being to pay the extra monies for the two double beds or cancel my reservation and still be charged because Priceline does not issue refunds due to their no cancellation policy. He stated to me that the rooms accommodate (2) adults. I have no plans on sharing a bed with my grandmother, grandfather, brother, or mother-in-law. Nowhere in their policy does it state that if you request a certain bed that your price may go up. I alerted my credit card company and putting these charges into dispute for fraud and misleading information. I e-mailed customer service from Priceline and they responded to be by stating that 'We are truly unable to assist you further in this matter'. 'Please do not expect a response to further correspondence on this issue'.

The people at Priceline are extremely rude and have no morals. I find it funny that once I checked their website to see if I could purchase a room at The Benson Hotel A Coast Hotel using their 'fee chop' option, out of the 137 hotels I printed this hotel was not even listed. Beware, if you need or want double beds to have a good nights sleep, you may be charged extra. Priceline should be ashamed of themselves. I am not giving up and am working with my credit card company to get out of this hotel.

• Mo
                                    Moochie Apr 20, 2009

It's true. Priceline.com sucks. It's best to just book your rooms by talking directly to the hotel.

• Sh
                                    Shaun.A Nov 14, 2010

Lol! THe name your own price works real well if you work it right. Hotels tell Priceline we're willing to accept $xx.xx for x number of rooms. The customer then says I want a xstar hotel and i'm willing to pay $xx per night. Priceline gives you the cheapest room that meets your area and star quality rating. Choosing to pay more just cost you a lot more money that it should have. If you low ball you end up with good deals; i.e. I never pay more than $35/40 for a 4** hotel, and wait till 2 days before my trip to book.

• Hc
                                    H C Nov 19, 2010

Priceline does not budge from there rules even if it is unforeseen circumstances that revent a person from traveling.

I booked a hotel to stay in prior to my cruise on Nov 28, 2010 on the ill-fated Carnival Splendor. The ship caught fire a few weeks ago and has canceled all sailings for this year. Priceline will not let me cancel my hotel booking and probably sell my room to some other customer.

They know that I have canceled my airline tickets which American Airlines did for no penalty. AA immediately put a travel advisory on there website and offered reasonable service for stranded vacationers whose cruise was canceled. This is the type of service any reputable company should provide. Priceline is not in that league and that is most disappointing.

Mandys111 Mar 24, 2011

Just before Christmas I was laid off. I already had tickets and car rental through Priceline. We had a winter storm and were snowed in and unable to get to the airport. I called Priceline and told them I would have to reschedule my airline flight and car rental. I was told I could do neither. The customer rep I talked to was rude and disrespectful. I was told if I did not pick up my car on that Monday I would still have to pay for it. I told him I just wanted to pick up the car on Wednesday as we were unable to get to the airport and all flights were cancelled due to weather. I was told tough luck. Priceline refused to refund my money and I had to pay for another rent car and airline ticket when we were able to fly out. I was told when you make a reservation through Priceline and your plans change you still have to pay. I will never use Priceline again and have told friends and family about this and discouraged them from using Priceline also.

Priceline.comairline tickets ripoff

So I order 2 round trip tickets from nyc to buffalo. After I hit submit I immediately realized I had made a mistake and one of the flights was too early for me (But not my companion). I immediately call priceline and the do nothing to help and jsut rattle off about the terms and condition with the name your price function. So I suck it up and order another ticket to buffalo but this time one way because I can make the return flight I had ordered through priceline.

So I go to try and use the ticket to return to nyc from buffalo and now I cannot use that flight because they say I had changed my "iternary" by not using the initial ticket. They say there are no changes to tickets but their terms and services say nothing about a change of itenary being a change of ticket. Totall ripoff and scam designed to make me pay an addition $161 to pay for the same exact flight I already have purchased a ticket for. Scam!

• Cr
                                      CR GIRL Nov 02, 2010

That's your own fault. If they made an exception for you they would have to do it for everyone and it would be mayhem for others trying to book. It is your responsibility to ensure all the info is correct before you hit submit.

I have had a pleasant experience with Priceline. I had to cancel a hotel and it was no problem because I called the hotel first and the manager confirmed to me that they had no issue with the cancellation AND that they would not be charging Priceline (then me) any fees. Just make sure you take their name and position down to provide to Priceline when you cancel and LET THEM KNOW that the hotel indicated there would be no cancellation fee.