PPL BeachbodyUnauthorized charges

R

On 2/15/2016 I was on the Beach Body website, and considered ordering the PiYo DVD set. Once I started getting all of the screens about adding extras and continuously trying to sell more than I wanted, I backed out of the order. I received an email at 5:45pm telling me that I should reconsider and order their product. At 8:47pm I received an email telling me that my order was confirmed. What?!

I contacted the CSR via online chat where "Pooja" told me that they didn't show my order in the system and for me to call back in 3 to 4 hours. Well, I checked my bank statement and there was a pending charge of $38.00.

I contacted the CSR via online chat again, where "Seyad" told me that they didn't have my order in the system until I said "So you cannot tell me about the order but you can charge my card already?" and then he told me that it was in the system but already sent to their warehouse. Really?! They refused to cancel the order - told me that I would have to return it.

By this point I had already contacted my bank and they had shut off my card to stop them from making any future charges, and they are going to have me dispute the $38.00 as fraud (seeing as I never authorized the charge).

The bank mentioned using Billguard, and I was shocked to see that 92% of complaints are unresolved. Seriously, that's just bad business. I was so excited about the product, but obviously after this fiasco I won't ever consider it again.

The company did send emails at 3:00am with the return postage information and a "we're sorry" email - but no offer of refund. Another odd comment from Seyad was that he had talked with his supervisor and they were going to try to stop the package from shipping - again, no offer of refund.

Their products might be good, but business practices are highly questionable.